CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ dragracerz: When BL's SUV was seen the second time on video (Fri 4:20am) heading toward Casitas Lake ...
Was there a clear view of the back end of the SUV?

Was the rear window intact at that time? TIA

After the crash, was the rear window the only one that was smashed/broken?

Camera only gets front plate area

I agree!! I am not so much wondering if they saw anything but if they are involved? Has anyone done any digging into park workers or the individuals who are in there early training/ whomever was there that found the crashed car.....Both events happened early AM. Car crash located and buying body.

I would think they have followed up on that. The camera only shows cars going in therefor anyone including workers would have been question and records would have been looked at, right? There was a vehicle that came in at about the time of the crash. It was fishermen and they were ruled out.

When the dogs followed "his" scent to the water's edge (of lake) how do we know it was Bryce's scent? Just thinking that if someone else was driving or in the car it could have been his/her scent if they just followed any scent from the car to the lake?

Did the re-do the dog scent with the dirty socks & shoes? And did that scent go straight to the water?

Good question on the first search

I don't know what happened on the second. I think if the outcome was different I would know

I hope BL's missing person flyers are prominently posted at each of the boat ramps
at the lake and lagoon this weekend so that boaters are made aware/reminded.

Somebody had to see something important to the case. JMO

If they have video of his vehicle traveling that road three times on Friday then perhaps they have video of another vehicle traveling that road just before the cyclist found the burning body on Wed? hhhmmm

They are looking at video from multiple cameras - no report yet

I would think they have followed up on that. The camera only shows cars going in therefor anyone including workers would have been question and records would have been looked at, right? There was a vehicle that came in at about the time of the crash. It was fishermen and they were ruled out.

Didn't know about the fisherman questioned.....thanks!:please:

Hoping that no news is good news. This is excruciating. My prayers to his family and friends.

It's really getting bothersome to me that in all this time, no one has heard from Bryce. By now, someone should have heard something.

The weekend Bryce disappeared from around Castaic Lake, it was a holiday weekend. That place had to be packed with people, campers, boaters, jet skiers. Someone should have seen something, heard something. I wasn't too worried to start with when this case first broke but as time goes by with no sightings or anyone hearing from Bryce, I'm getting more worried.

Where could he be??? Could he have gotten amnesia from the accident and is wandering around somewhere??? I would think by now he would have been found.

Camera only gets front plate area

It's really getting bothersome to me that in all this time, no one has heard from Bryce. By now, someone should have heard something.

The weekend Bryce disappeared from around Castaic Lake, it was a holiday weekend. That place had to be packed with people, campers, boaters, jet skiers. Someone should have seen something, heard something. I wasn't too worried to start with when this case first broke but as time goes by with no sightings or anyone hearing from Bryce, I'm getting more worried.

Where could he be??? Could he have gotten amnesia from the accident and is wandering around somewhere??? I would think by now he would have been found.

Yes, as time goes on the number of scenarios that may have played out seem endless. I'm hoping amnesia too. Got picked up by someone and is confused and trying to get to whatever he might think is home and is just kinda wondering around.

I used to hitch hike a lot back in my twenties and one time I left home broke, hitched 850 miles, was fed, bathed, and had 30 bucks in my pocket. The kindness of strangers is truly unbelievable.

Yes, as time goes on the number of scenarios that may have played out seem endless. I'm hoping amnesia too. Got picked up by someone and is confused and trying to get to whatever he might think is home and is just kinda wondering around.

I used to hitch hike a lot back in my twenties and one time I left home broke, hitched 850 miles, was fed, bathed, and had 30 bucks in my pocket. The kindness of strangers is truly unbelievable.

I agree. We have a young man in our town right now who is bicycling across country, sleeping outdoors in the woods at night. He injured his foot so some of the locals took him in, bandaged him up and are feeding him until he is well enough to travel again. The fire fighters fighting the Rim fire are the ones who brought him in to town, told him there are real nice folks here. I just spent the afternoon with him at a community function. Real pleasant young man. He said that this summer on his cross country trip, he has learned there are a lot of good people in America after all :)

Just posting this image so we have it here. Sorry, I forgot who found it
but it was/is a good find! Especially like those "Floating Restrooms"! :giggle:

Thanks again to whoever found the map!

http://www.californiasgreatestlakes.com/castaic/castaic_graphics/castaic_lake_fishing_map.png

castaic_lake_fishing_map.png

After roadside assistance brought him gas, he went to a Valero gas station and bought gas

Dragracerz, do you know what Valero gas station and when? Would be helpful to add that to the timeline. Thank you.

Wow. What a bizarre case. I'm really crossing my fingers that Bryce was going through something tough emotionally/mentally (which is seems like he was, considering trying to break up with Kim, the texts between him and his friends, what he said to his mother...) and just needs time to cool down by himself...but after time goes on, the hope is less and less, unfortunately.

The teenager/young adult cases always seem to grasp on strong to me. It's so heartbreaking.
Dragracerz - Thank you so much for your input and help on this thread. So sorry that your family is going through this :(

Are they still searching the lake? I'm guessing they are...I don't recall seeing anything about the lake being completely cleared. I feel like I've read of a few cases where bodies aren't found in a body of water during the first go 'round. I hate saying things like that, because I hope so, so much that he's all right, but it's a very probable scenario. Maybe I missed it, but approximately how large and deep is this lake? I need to go back and look through the maps, that's one thing I partially skipped over while reading all 33 pages of the thread.

This is another case I will follow very closely.

Come home, Bryce! :please:

It is difficult to imagine how he would be managing, if he simply wanted to hide out for a bit. Doesn't seem to be buying food, etc. and up until the last known purchase, he was buying items with regularity but not in any way enough to store up for even a day. IMO it sounded like he really intended to get home to talk with his parents. Hope he is found soon, in any event.

Dragracerz

I'd like to ask a question kind of delicately, I hope no offense is taken. I'm asking only from my own experience with my own son...
Is there any history in either side of Bryce's family of mental illness or Aspergers/autism ?

Again I ask only because of his age, which is predominantly when signs/symptoms spring up in schizophrenia. My sons symptoms hit at that age and shocked us all, we had no warning what so ever. I really hope and pray that this isn't the case for Bryce, but that also may explain why he is still missing...if he is in a catatonic state like we found me son, he may just be stumbling along somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth