CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are more experienced then I. This case is what made me sign up for WS.

In my gut I have always thought he was near the lake. Maybe because its the easiest explanation. I don't know. I feel like the deeper and deeper we get into this case, the more we start overlooking the basics. We don't have all the facts and LE has dropped the ball a lot (DNA result,laptop,burning body). I really feel for the family. They are the ones suffering with no answers. They are just facts to us.

I do agree that they may be putting all of their eggs in one basic but I don't blame them. I would rather look for a glimmer of hope then search for closure to a tragic story. When they were searching the lake area (besides the lake) for Bryce there was still hope that he's was alive. As opposed to now they would be looking for a body. I believe I read they searched the lake area for 2 weeks but I don't believe it was everyday. The dogs could be right or wrong and there is always room for human error. I think they will search the area again when they are ready. Unless of course he is found elsewhere. Which is more the plausible (I know we all would love to see him come home safe) At this point anything is possible.

Personally I would just love to hear something new. Wether its DNA, Laptop results, anything other then another "possible" sighting.

Night all!

For me, there are basically three possible scenarios; Bryce not having made it out of the area alive, Bryce having made a plan and gone into hiding, and Bryce having amnesia/confusion and not knowing who he is, and the third seems the least likely, IMO, and yet seems to be the option the family is focusing all of their efforts on. JMO

I agree, and personally I've always been inclined to think the first scenario you mention is most likely.

As for this new poster mentioning that he may need medical attention.. I think at this stage (i.e. weeks later) I'd need some more details about this before thinking it's anything other than a way to attract more attention.

How do we know that LE didn't search the lake well??? Weren't they there multiple days?? One or two pictures of them searching doesn't mean it was one diver and/or one boat and only one area. I think they spent days searching the lake and to no avail. They were convinced he wasn't in the lake. The dogs followed his scent out of the park.

It was hot, it wouldn't have taken too long for a body to decompose in the lake and rise to the top. It's a manmade lake, sure there might be debris in the bottom, but it also means it's not near as much as a natural lake would have, being there over millions of years.

I know sometimes the dogs are wrong. In Dylan Redwine's case, dogs alerted several places around Lake Vallecito and he was nowhere nearn there, his remains were found miles away up in the mountains. And I know not all bodies float to the top, some do get caught in sticks and twigs and falling trees, but once again, Lake Castaic is a manmade lake, how many fallen trees are in it?

I also know sometimes (well many) that LE is wrong, once they've cleared an area, only for someone to find the body later. However, many times they've been right, when there was no indication someone was in the water, and the dogs supported that indication that they had left the immediate area.

I think there is still all kinds of other things that could have happened to him. As long as a body isn't found, there is hope. IMO, JMO, MOO.

I too would think he would float. However, the lake is over 300 feet deep and listed on Wikipedia with an area of Area: 3.486 sq miles. It was stated at the time they stopped searching there that they searched to 80 feet. That leaves out a tremendous amount of volume/area that was not searched.

For me, there are basically three possible scenarios; Bryce not having made it out of the area alive, Bryce having made a plan and gone into hiding, and Bryce having amnesia/confusion and not knowing who he is, and the third seems the least likely, IMO, and yet seems to be the option the family is focusing all of their efforts on. JMO

But if it was the second scenario, where Bryce planned to disappear...I'm thinking that the family must think that would be so out of his character that something must not be right with his mental health, and thus in need of medical attention. So for both scenarios in which he is still with us, he could be in need of medical help. Maybe that's the thinking behind the "Medical Needs" on the poster.

Have a few minutes.
Tried to catch up but was reading multiple pages about "heresay" so I jumped forward.

To RBW : sorry cant answer all the questions regarding the large amounts of time unaccounted for in the timeline because I don't know, no one know, if those questions had answers, I think this would be solved

I personally spoke to Karac Anderson and he has not been in Port Orford in over a month - so he is ruled out
There are 2 redhead brothers (locals) they have been ruled out.
There is a 6' tall 14 or 15 year old redhead that has been ruled out.
I have non LE people there (in Port Orford) searching

Havent had much cooperation with LE in Port Orford or Curry County, or even the local business owners. It appears that their town is a "live and let live" kind of town and they take offense to Outsiders being there; or there is something more going on in that town (wont go into that)
There are a few homeless camps and a big drug problem there, population decreasing every year etc..............I will find out though, one way or the other.

I arranged the "thank you" lunch as a genuine thanks to the volunteers but also to keep the media involved. Big thanks to Johnny Rockets for their support.

I am the one who did the newest "medical needs" flyer, I actually saw a flyer that 4themissing did for Bryce that looked like a billboard and had the medical symbol on it and it IMMEDIATELY caught my eye. I think that is missing persons flyer needs to do just that, so I made a similar one.
I truly think that Bryce needs medical attention due to a head injury, as does LASD because he has been listed as a critical missing person since day one. LE has to have someone within their dept. with medical backround authorize it before someone is listed as critical, they felt he could have head trauma and therefore listed him this way.
If you feel that I shouldn't be using "medical needs" on my flyer, tough ****, I will continue to do so, and will do any and everything possible to bring him home.

I have searches (not posted on FB) being conducted daily in and around Castaic, stretching out to other areas including Santa Paula.

We follow up on every possible sighting, to rule out false sightings

RE: "medical needs"

My bottom line and best suggestion to the family: I think the family should post a brief explanation/description for the added "medical needs" verbiage now used after one month of not using it.

If many of us are questioning the added term so late after BL went missing, many others have got to be questioning it as well. The family should explain so we can let it rest and move on. JMHO

Additionally, I believe most if not all MP flyers that state some sort of medical issue also include a brief explanation (eg MP is w/o meds, named serious illness, mental issues, etc) which BL's MP does not include.

@ dragracerz

When/where did BL last gas up before running out of gas in Buttonwillow?

Time/date of any/all purchases made from Chico to Rocklin to Buttonwillow?

[Doesn't make sense to me that family can't get actual time of purchases made by BL.?.?]

@ dragracerz

Re: Thurs 8/29 ...

Time BL ran out of gas in Buttonwillow truck stop?

Time road service man delivered 3 gal of gas?

Time KL received text re survey?

Time roadside service man returned to check on BL?

TIA

ETA: We're trying to compile an accurate, up-to-date timeline of this case. Thx!

Have a few minutes.
Tried to catch up but was reading multiple pages about "heresay" so I jumped forward.

To RBW : sorry cant answer all the questions regarding the large amounts of time unaccounted for in the timeline because I don't know, no one know, if those questions had answers, I think this would be solved

I personally spoke to Karac Anderson and he has not been in Port Orford in over a month - so he is ruled out
There are 2 redhead brothers (locals) they have been ruled out.
There is a 6' tall 14 or 15 year old redhead that has been ruled out.
I have non LE people there (in Port Orford) searching

Havent had much cooperation with LE in Port Orford or Curry County, or even the local business owners. It appears that their town is a "live and let live" kind of town and they take offense to Outsiders being there; or there is something more going on in that town (wont go into that)
There are a few homeless camps and a big drug problem there, population decreasing every year etc..............I will find out though, one way or the other.

I arranged the "thank you" lunch as a genuine thanks to the volunteers but also to keep the media involved. Big thanks to Johnny Rockets for their support.

I am the one who did the newest "medical needs" flyer, I actually saw a flyer that 4themissing did for Bryce that looked like a billboard and had the medical symbol on it and it IMMEDIATELY caught my eye. I think that is missing persons flyer needs to do just that, so I made a similar one.
I truly think that Bryce needs medical attention due to a head injury, as does LASD because he has been listed as a critical missing person since day one. LE has to have someone within their dept. with medical backround authorize it before someone is listed as critical, they felt he could have head trauma and therefore listed him this way.
If you feel that I shouldn't be using "medical needs" on my flyer, tough ****, I will continue to do so, and will do any and everything possible to bring him home.

I have searches (not posted on FB) being conducted daily in and around Castaic, stretching out to other areas including Santa Paula.

We follow up on every possible sighting, to rule out false sightings

Hi dragracerz, a poster here was able to contact the Port Orford Chamber of Commerce, here is one of the posts, plus a small update:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #5

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 August 2013 - #5

So maybe a little help there.

:thud:

I'm tiring of trying to race after getting basic questions/details of the events leading up to BL going missing. J M O

There are no medical needs other than speculation that he may have head trauma. I don't agree with putting that poster out there but I get that they are just trying to get more attention.

I think I need to disagree here. IMO there's a good chance that there was a medical need before he left NorCal, or a mental health check anyway. Not an absolute but a possibility at least.

Thanks so much to uncle for taking time to update us. I agree with your thoughts.
On a local site about Port Orford it says the pop. is 1200. Shouldn't be too difficult for LE to find one lad walking around fitting Bryce's description - to confirm who the person is.

Regarding comments about the medical needs poster, in addition to post accident needs there may be other issues that are privy to his treating doctor and family - that are none of our 'beeswax'.
In any case, after a month missing, there would be 'medical needs'.

I agree with another poster who said if it were there son, then they would do whatever it takes. As would I. Unless any of us have been in this situation we DON'T know.

In Sydney we have had a day of huge celebrations for the 100th anniversary of the Royal Australian Navy entering Sydney harbour. Dozens of foreign warships are here, tall ships, and Prince Harry from England (Captain Wales). Huge fireworks display tonight honouring the RAN and their service. At a reception this afternoon Prince Harry met, amongst many, Corporal Ben Roberts-Smith, one of our recent Victoria Cross recipients from the Afghanistan conflict. Those two know how it is, they are veterans, brothers in arms. If you haven't been to war you don't know.

To cut a long story short all I'm trying to say is please be kind to this family. We're supposed to be here to help. In the long run it doesn't matter how they find their boy, so long as he is found. The power of this place and the national and global connections of members, along with their personal and professional expertise, and kindness, is an asset money can't buy.
:rose: :rose:

As usual nothing about the DNA or laptop results. UNBELIEVABLE.

Please have LE make contact with the 10 local registered sex offenders.

I agree with Cat Fancier about the lake. Body of 19 year old McDaniel was found 150 feet down at Castaic Lake. They only searched 80 feet for Bryce :(

http://diver.net/bbs/posts001/56739.shtml

@ dragracerz

Re: Thurs 8/29 ...

Time BL ran out of gas in Buttonwillow truck stop?

Time road service man delivered 3 gal of gas?

Time KL received text re survey?

Time roadside service man returned to check on BL?

TIA

ETA: We're trying to compile an accurate, up-to-date timeline of this case. Thx!

@ Dragracerz:
Thank you so much for coming here to give us an update! So appreciated. We here all care!

Another question regarding the time in Buttonwillow:
I would like to know if the information on the dispatch report, "DEP HERNANDEZ FROM KERN CO SHERIFF`S HAS FOUND SUBJECT BRYCE AT A HOTEL AT HWY 58//FWY 5" has been explored thoroughly. Prior to seeing the dispatch report, we just heard that Bryce was found at Lagoon Drive. But the dispatch report says he was "at a hotel". There are a few motels in that area, and we thought that if he indeed spent time at one of them, valuable clues could be gathered that might help find your nephew.

As usual nothing about the DNA or laptop results. UNBELIEVABLE.

Please have LE make contact with the 10 local registered sex offenders.

I agree with Cat Fancier about the lake. Body of 19 year old McDaniel was found 150 feet down at Castaic Lake. They only searched 80 feet for Bryce :(

http://diver.net/bbs/posts001/56739.shtml

It is unbelievable. And unacceptable - esp the DNA. Well actually both. Maybe if the country wasn't in such a shambolic state all LE would have proper resources. This is disgraceful. Maybe they need an electric cattle prod to wake them up.

As to your last sentence - :( :(

It is unbelievable. And unacceptable - esp the DNA. Well actually both. Maybe if the country wasn't in such a shambolic state all LE would have proper resources. This is disgraceful. Maybe they need an electric cattle prod to wake them up.

As to your last sentence - :( :(

Why is it in high profile cases. The results are back much quicker?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

@ Dragracerz:
Thank you so much for coming here to give us an update! So appreciated. We here all care!

Another question regarding the time in Buttonwillow:
I would like to know if the information on the dispatch report, "DEP HERNANDEZ FROM KERN CO SHERIFF`S HAS FOUND SUBJECT BRYCE AT A HOTEL AT HWY 58//FWY 5" has been explored thoroughly. Prior to seeing the dispatch report, we just heard that Bryce was found at Lagoon Drive. But the dispatch report says he was "at a hotel". There are a few motels in that area, and we thought that if he indeed spent time at one of them, valuable clues could be gathered that might help find your nephew.

Looking at a map of the intersection, is this where you meant that there are quite a few hotel/motels?

ETA: Looking at Google earth on this map I can see why he might have been at Lagoon Drive, it's a dead end, looks quiet, perfect place to pull off the highway and sleep maybe.

Can't tell if there are any hotel/motels, all looks industrial. Haven't looked at street view.

data=VLHX1wd2Cgu8wR6jwyh-km8JBWAkEzU4,gViKfPpR22TF6FPWuoJbQvb0wuZ_s1B-uiRwgqxVOeBGFysJDooHFx_feNR0-rnzbnOy-nICEvesVNfssnhwn2OY4x_hKtut3F6LYYS_Jor56kzWLqtdhxh-w62ejUEsLMbjLGhHCsR4t6iDOtABEIZVcjVstYCTHUHULWKFID5WboMadVPm16-cXeLNDF7U9vezKOJ7

RE: "medical needs"

My bottom line and best suggestion to the family: I think the family should post a brief explanation/description for the added "medical needs" verbiage now used after one month of not using it.

If many of us are questioning the added term so late after BL went missing, many others have got to be questioning it as well. The family should explain so we can let it rest and move on. JMHO

Additionally, I believe most if not all MP flyers that state some sort of medical issue also include a brief explanation (eg MP is w/o meds, named serious illness, mental issues, etc) which BL's MP does not include.

I agree with all of the above. In any case where "medical needs" or similar is mentioned, I like to know details. For example, if someone was diabetic then without their medication they could come across as drunk so it's helpful to include the information so that people know it could in fact mean they are seriously ill.

Personally I don't agree with including it based on a hunch or to grab attention, but I can totally see why you would (and who's to say I wouldn't change this opinion for a member of my family?)

Ted Hamm's wife in the one who posted on Find Bryce FB that her husbands S&R K9 bloodhounds were at Castaic that picked up Bryce's scent to the lake and up the road. She commented that he works with LASD and if there were areas the family wanted searched for Byrce with the dogs to contact LE and demand to call them out.

Here are a couple of links to Ted Hamm's info: his website and his facebook

http://www.scentevidencecanines.com/

https://www.facebook.com/TedHammK9s?ref=profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads