GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A big thanks again guys for all the updates!! Much appreciated!!

A couple of comments to add...

November 14, 2013

He said the defence had never shied away from the fact the pair had a ''dysfunctional relationship'', but there was no history of violence.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/no-eviden...tells-court-20131114-2xign.html#ixzz2kcvdBCxD

What case has he been in on these past three weeks or does he just have a selective memory!?!??!

Mon 21 Oct 2013

Marjory Joan Harnum told the Supreme Court that her daughter told her Gittany had pushed her into a planter and then down some stairs.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-...rer-was-27extremely-possessive-and-co/5035488

Add a broken finger!! So according to Strickland the above is classed as non-violence?!?!?!

And has Strickland completely forgotten Lisa's counsellor Michelle Richmond's testimony!??!?!

October 23, 2013

"(A call came from Lisa's phone) and Simon said 'don't you ever f...ing come near Cecilia again, don't ever contact her'," Ms Richmond said.

She said the took the threat seriously as Gittany did know where she lived and she "subsequently moved house".

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...before-her-death/story-fni0cx4q-1226745488098

October 23, 2013

''He sounded like someone who was insane,'' Ms Richmond told Mr Gittany's murder trial on Wednesday. ''It was just a monologue of abuse.'' The court heard that in the weeks before her death in July 2011, Canadian Lisa Cecilia Harnum told Ms Richmond that she was scared of her fiance and had been completely isolated by him, but didn't feel she could leave.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/ill-fing-...-counsellor-20131023-2w0we.html#ixzz2kXRQN3JA

After only ONE phone call from Gittany, Michelle Richmond moved house because she was so afraid of him. Poor Lisa had no choice & no chance of getting away from him :(

I'd also like to add for anyone reading this thread...if you or anyone you know is in a violent or controlling type relationship...eg...tells you what or what not to wear, tells you that your hair/weight/clothing must be a certain way, or if he gets physically violent with you even one time...GET OUT!!!! The relationship will not get better, it will only get worse.

Find help

White Ribbon is a primary prevention campaign - that is, we work to change the attitudes and behaviours that lead to violence against women. If you or someone you know is experiencing violence and need help or support, please contact one of the support services below. There are national and state-based agencies that can assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

White Ribbon Day
25 November

http://www.whiteribbon.org.au/finding-help

It'll be okay Marg from Oz ... I'm a big believer in putting positive thoughts out there for what you want to happen, what you know is right. If we all keep pouring our positive thoughts toward a swift and correct decision, it just may help. :please:

That's so true SouthAussie!!:loveyou: And such a great reminder.

If we all go into fear about him getting off, we're just buying into the negativity surrounding him. Plus we become just another group of women (in a long line I'm sure!) who feel fearful in relation to SG - and I don't want to give that to him!!

Better for us to imagine the judge handing down a JUST sentence and him going to jail FOR A LONG TIME in honour of Lisa's memory.

Easy to say, I know, because I keep worrying he'll completely get off too - and then I feel terrible. SouthAussie's so right - if we turn it around in that moment and all imagine what we want to happen, it just feels so much better.......and as she so wisely says, it may just help!!

I've found it's also helpful to send loving thoughts to Lisa's family and Lisa herself, as opposed to focusing on Mr SG (ugh!!).

Thoughts are powerful - and as such, they are a powerful vehicle for change!!:skip:

http://www.news.com.au/national/wha...of-simon-gittany/story-fncynjr2-1226759925554
What really happened? The murder trial of Simon Gittany
2 HOURS AGO NOVEMBER 15, 2013 7:53AM

Remember this man is camera aware, so he knows he is being filmed in the downstairs lobby. He runs out of the building.

However, in his agitated state he forgot about the pinhole camera outside his own apartment! It captured him, agitated, run after her, reach out & grab her, violently restrain her(e.g. hand over her nose & mouth, other hand pulling on her braided hair) and forcibily drag her back into the apartment. This is evidence of his mental state at that time.

The Defence put forward videos of happier times. BUT Lisa, like many, may have believed that he loved her - hence the note. HOWEVER, that was before the 'obsession & objectification' of her deepened and the domination & control emerged and the abuse/denigration/humiliation crept in. The extreme surveillance of her and increasing isolation of her by Gittany is evidence of 'obsession & objectification', ownership and desire for 'pathological control' over her life - robbing her of her self, her freedom, her relations with others and her rights 'in law' as an equal citizen.

It is well documented that Domestic abuse victims struggle with 'conflicting feelings' because of the love/hate/abuse/love/hate/abuse cycles. Hypothetically, she wanted to believe in love and be loved, like many. Someone she believed was her strong protector developed over time into a monster dictator, her oppressor.

She eventually recognised something was very wrong with the relationship, and sought outside perspective from the counsellor. She reached out for her mother's help. She reached out for the gym instructor's assistance. Reaching for help and trying to connect with others in such a 'threatening' situation was brave of her. She rightly 'feared' that she may be harmed IMO.

A woman who runs for help to the neighbours and frantically bangs on their door seeking their help is not suicidal IMO.
There are NO witnesses to Lisa voluntarily getting over the balcony or standing/sitting/lying on the awning.
There ARE witnesses who saw her lying in a horizontal position in Gittany's arms held out over the balcony when he unloaded.
There is a witness who saw Gittany 'fist pump' the air on his way back into the apartment after something was unloaded from the balcony.

This IMO is a serious crime. It needs to be highlighted to expose the 'tyranny', the unrestrained use of power, oppression and violence which can occur within domestic relationships. IMHO.

I'm afraid I don't have much faith in judges. They certainly don't represent the views of the community. As with the latest case in the news of the getting only 4 years for murdering an innocent man with a king hit. Also the case of doctor accused of murdering his wife and burying in the park. I think it was in western Australia. Even leaving his calling card by the body and he was found not guilty, so I am not holding my breath on this one even though in my opinion he is guilty. If he is found not guilty of murder is there another charge that he could be found guilty of? Like hounding her to her death.

Give him :jail::jail::jail:

Agree 100%

I don't know anything about the judge in this case...maybe he's a good one (with any luck)...but it seems like more and more of them today are typical politically correct do-gooders who are more than happy keeping "victimised" criminals on out streets. There's one judge up here who's been in the papers a few times recently for giving bail to all these bikies because she said the police hadn't proven to her that they were members of outlaw motorcycle clubs...despite them having "Hells Angels" or "Rebels" (etc) tattooed on their foreheads, arms, etc, or them wearing the "patches" of their alleged club. I mean for God's sake...some judges just hate the police. Maybe they gave her a speeding ticket once? But she didn't deserve it because she's an "intellectual" and a "special person"?

I'd like to think that the Defense was clutching at so many straws with this case with their closing argument, that they are worried.
And I think they should be.
They haven't defended their client as much as they have put down the victim.
No glowing testimony of how wonderful and loving, supportive and genuine SG is - no pure unrequited strength of admission that he could not have possibly done this to her. It sounds more like they are trying to convict a deceased woman for her own murder.
Yes, the defense need to be clutching at straws - because there's nothing much else to hold on to.

I think the Judge has picked it out anyway - SG has changed his story along the line.
JMO.

The word VOLATILE springs to mind.
The relationship.
The headlock.
The actions in the lift
The bizarre poking at the body..... did he want to confirm she was dead?
Not to mention any ear biting or break and enter matters of a 20 year old in 1994
Yes, VOLITILE seems to fit the bill precisely.

Does this mean SG has a criminal history? The comment about the ear biting and break and enter? Where did you read/find that?

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 10m

Simon Gittany's barrister says Lisa Harnum had a 'schizophrenic' view of the relshp. On one hand hating it, on another not wanting it to end

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 10m

Simon Gittany's barrister says Lisa Harnum had a 'schizophrenic' view of the relshp. On one hand hating it, on another not wanting it to end

There are so many things wrong with that statement, I'm speechless :banghead:

Next he'll be blaming it on Lisa having a 'wandering womb' (hysteria)

Matthew Snelson ‏@mattsnelson9 6m
Day 20 of Simon Gittany's murder trial. His lawyer continuing his closing submission

Agree 100% marlywings! I would also add that if a relationship becomes abusive, don't let on that you are leaving in any way. Pretend that everything is 'normal' and then when the abuser is distracted, GET OUT!!
I noticed a few posts questioning what SG did for a living and how he could afford to live where he did. I watched a news video that said '....Gittany, a high end caterer to athletes'. Does anyone know what maximum sentence he is facing if found guilty?

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 2m

Defence: if Judge accepts SG lied by denying he ordered a kneeling Lisa to submit, may be b/c he was ashamed (tho he doesn't concede he did)

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 2m

Defence: if Judge accepts SG lied by denying he ordered a kneeling Lisa to submit, may be b/c he was ashamed (tho he doesn't concede he did)

So....if the judge accepts he lied about ordering Lisa to kneel and submit because he was ashamed, then the judge can accept that he also lies when denying murdering Lisa for the same reason!!

So....if the judge accepts he lied about ordering Lisa to kneel and submit because he was ashamed, then the judge can accept that he also lies when denying murdering Lisa for the same reason!!

Lets hope she does.

There certainly is 'form' Trooper. It seems to run in the family but I won't go there. I'm speculating that the Today Tonight debacle may have been in relation to a previous relationship. A woman who was willing (and being paid no less) to spill over her violent relationship with SG. All speculation on my part of course.
BBM

I think so too Makara based on what the woman said in that short promo clip. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee