AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect to have scary TWIN nightmares from now on.

No way can all this be blamed on dead Uncle Donnie, IMO.

My goodness. If this wasnt so disgusting of a case, it would be humerous. They had to move 2 tables together to fit all the defendents and most if not all the attorneys had to stand behind or beside them.

Not sure why Randall's case was not scheduled today with the others.

What is strange to me is the purpose of a grand jury i thought was to see if indictments would be handed down. So I am wondering how this works.
Arent they already charged already? So what would the Grand Jury do. Maybe different charges or more charges?

BBM - Definitely made me go hmmmmm. Talking maybe? Who knows.

If I remember correctly from reading about back at the time of the first arrests, Alabama has 2 steps to determine if there is sufficient evidence to proceed to trial, the preliminary hearing with the Judge and then a grand jury hearing. Doesn't necessarily mean more or different charges. Most states use one or the other. And obviously, the prosecution is only going to put on enough evidence where they feel confident it will move on to the next stage and won't put on all their evidence, even at a grand jury hearing.

I seriously think that twincest is the only thing that could've made this even more disturbing than it already was.

In the video at this link, it looks like Cumbaa appeared in regular street clothes and all the others are wearing their jailhouse blues.
He does not appear on the who is in mobile county jail either, so would he be allowed to remain free on bond or does 'bound over to grand jury' require now a new bond?

Is he Uncle Donnie's son-in-law or brother-in-law?

My goodness. If this wasnt so disgusting of a case, it would be humerous. They had to move 2 tables together to fit all the defendents and most if not all the attorneys had to stand behind or beside them.

Not sure why Randall's case was not scheduled today with the others.

What is strange to me is the purpose of a grand jury i thought was to see if indictments would be handed down. So I am wondering how this works.
Arent they already charged already? So what would the Grand Jury do. Maybe different charges or more charges?

BBM - Definitely made me go hmmmmm. Talking maybe? Who knows.

If I remember correctly from reading about back at the time of the first arrests, Alabama has 2 steps to determine if there is sufficient evidence to proceed to trial, the preliminary hearing with the Judge and then a grand jury hearing. Doesn't necessarily mean more or different charges. Most states use one or the other. And obviously, the prosecution is only going to put on enough evidence where they feel confident it will move on to the next stage and won't put on all their evidence, even at a grand jury hearing.

According to Dumas' twitter feed, RSW had a hearing yesterday...Steph asked him the same question we've all had.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelDumasPRO/status/401030228434518016

Quote:
@MissingBrittney RSW had a hearing yesterday. Not sure why they weren't bundled.
11:53am - 14 Nov 1

In the video at this link, it looks like Cumbaa appeared in regular street clothes and all the others are wearing their jailhouse blues.
He does not appear on the who is in mobile county jail either, so would he be allowed to remain free on bond or does 'bound over to grand jury' require now a new bond?

Is he Uncle Donnie's son-in-law or brother-in-law?

Cumbaa made bond the other 5 are still in jail. I believe that it was said that he is married to a niece of DH.

I am anxious to find out more, but how horribly sad for the victims.

"Detective Corley also said on the stand that twin sisters, Mendy Kent and Wendy Holland have an incestuous relationship."

http://www.wkrg.com/story/23970010/details-come-out-in-prelim-hearing-of-wood-child-sex-ring

EKK! I shouldn't be surprised by that statement but I am!

Hey fabvab, :seeya: just a reminder that you were anxious for today. :floorlaugh:

:gasp: :gasp: :gasp:

No, and I have been digging since Michael Dumas tweeted that.

Steph, people from all over are really pulling for something positive to come out of this whole order - pulling for you and Wally. Isn't it ironic how many years Chessie bashed Wally and now he's totally painted in a much better light than she is? Karma is a b!+¢h & that woman better hope Karma isn't suffering from MPD bc then she'll get it back at her in many forms for years & years & years.

Real quick... Is Chessie's mom still alive & did she know this stuff was going on? Considering Chessie comes from a family with 3 generations of sex abuse, I'm wondering if she was abused as a child & if her mom turned a blind to it. If so, and if she's not dead, then why hasn't she been charged? Is there a statute once a child reaches 18 or something?

Real quick... Is Chessie's mom still alive & did she know this stuff was going on? Considering Chessie comes from a family with 3 generations of sex abuse, I'm wondering if she was abused as a child & if her mom turned a blind to it. If so, and if she's not dead, then why hasn't she been charged? Is there a statute once a child reaches 18 or something?

Yes, Barbara Wood is still alive she was living with Wendy at the time of last arrest. Have no idea where she's living now, maybe back with chessie but don't know that for sure. JMO Barbara knew all about this as also JMO chessie knew also. As far as my knowledge no staute on Child sex crimes.

Yes, Barbara Wood is still alive she was living with Wendy at the time of last arrest. Have no idea where she's living now, maybe back with chessie but don't know that for sure. JMO Barbara knew all about this as also JMO chessie knew also. As far as my knowledge no staute on Child sex crimes.

Ok, so considering that for a second...and not to go too deep on the public board so as not to violate tos...but since the state said Chessie comes from 3 generations of child abuse, that implies either her father or her mother were complicit. Right? Or no? If so, then why aren't authorities charging her mom if in fact she knew about Chessie either being violated as a child or Chessie violating another child? Since she's grandmom, she's in a position of authority, so even if Chessie violated a niece, if the grandmom knew about it then legally she should be charged. Are they afraid of another stroke? Heck, there's medical in jail, she's just as safe having a stroke in jail as she is having one in Chessie's home. :mad:

^ I'm tiptoeing here because I'm not sure where this info came from (and obv don't want to violate TOS) but didn't we find out that Grandma Wood sends money to a certain incarcerated person whose crimes may not be dissimilar from some of the charges seen in court today? Seems she's likely complicit by association, in my opinion only.

Ok, so considering that for a second...and not to go too deep on the public board so as not to violate tos...but since the state said Chessie comes from 3 generations of child abuse, that implies either her father or her mother were complicit. Right? Or no? If so, then why aren't authorities charging her mom if in fact she knew about Chessie either being violated as a child or Chessie violating another child? Since she's grandmom, she's in a position of authority, so even if Chessie violated a niece, if the grandmom knew about it then legally she should be charged. Are they afraid of another stroke? Heck, there's medical in jail, she's just as safe having a stroke in jail as she is having one in Chessie's home. :mad:

IIRC they were saying Brittney comes from 3 gererations not chessie. LE in both counties contiue to say more arrest so until they say we have arrested everyone IMO she could be one of the next ones. Remember Barb called young Britt a liar on the stand against her bf.

IIRC they were saying Brittney comes from 3 gererations not chessie. LE in both counties contiue to say more arrest so until they say we have arrested everyone IMO she could be one of the next ones. Remember Barb called young Britt a liar on the stand against her bf.

I took it to read that Wood comes from a family of 3 generations of child sex abuse...meaning Chessie since it was Chessie that the article was about.

& it takes a mighty nasty person to call their 9 year old granddaughter a liar in court going against the pig that raped her! Makes me ill!

Steph, here's the article in context. Read the whole thing. According to how this article is written, it's implied Chessie comes from 3 generations of sex abuse... They're talking about Chessie in the whole prelude up to that statement.

http://www.local15tv.com/template/c...ies/archive/2013/08/nSYBsN4u.xml#.UoVBN8u9KSN

Snipped:
Chessie is the mother of Brittney Wood, the teen mom last seen May 30 of last year. The judge also issued a no contact order. Chessie Wood is out on bail so Judge Jay York ordered that she have no contact with the alleged victim in this case, whether it be face to face, indirect or through social media. Prosecutors said Wood comes from a family with three generations of child abuse. In the courtroom as Chessie Wood took the stand, Cpl. Terri Hall testified that Wood and Wood's brother-in-law, the late Donald Holland, sexually abused <modsnip> when the child was between 8 and 10 years old.

& they said 1 more arrest or more arrests to come? Bc I was sort of thinking 4 more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member