GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, sure, Oriah. She could have started and stopped any number of times. But if she initiated the e-mail before 6:30, then it wouldn't narrow the timeline. Based on the information released to the public so far, the window is 6:30-10:30. (Zaxby's video at 6:30 pm -- telephone/computer communications cease at 10:30 pm) If the e-mail was started at 8:30, for example, then we could assume the attack happened sometime afterward, and the window is narrowed to two hours.

Gotcha!

This is the Zaxbys, correct?
3960 Northside?
Does it have wi-fi, does anyone know?

No, it was the Zaxby's at the corner of Spring & Riverside . She got it through the take out window

No, it was the Zaxby's at the corner of Spring & Riverside . She got it through the take out window

Ok- thanks Agent. Still catching up- sorry. The 910 Riverside location?

I did know she got it through the window- was actually wondering if someone may have been inside using wi-fi- if they had it. Or if her phone may have picked up that connection. Thanks.

Only good part of the chat so far - Butterbean Christmas pic!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323711995.924226.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323711995.924226.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 34
Oriah -- and all others who are interested:

This is no huge revelation, but it is just something I hadn't thought about before in regard to the search for the rest of Lauren. I was just reading over in the current Karen Swift (RIP) thread and found this post about where her body was found ...

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #2

... and I thought, gosh, yes, kudzu! Midsummer ... and middle Georgia certainly abounds with the stuff, in town and out most places, sometimes huge plots of it ... and few there be who venture within for any everyday reason! Pretty forbidding ... and snaky. Makes these kind of otherworldly zones by climbing and twisting over trees and anything else in its path -- thick, and very fast-growing and -spreading.

Just thought I would mention it. Maybe near any likely spots for the search, special attention should be paid to kudzu-covered areas. It does go dormant in the winter -- apparently a hard frost led to the discovery of KS's body. (Oriah, I'd almost bet you encounter the stuff pretty regularly on assignments in the southeast.)

I have a question regarding Lauren's missing necklace and bracelet.

Now, I know that investigations and LE departments differ, but -- especially those of you who've followed lots of cases or are in some way LE-linked -- speaking from what you know and have observed, please address this:

I'm assuming Lauren's family and/or DV reported that the jewelry seemed to be missing, as soon as they realized it. If LE found it in SM's apartment (or otherwise "in his possession"), do you think they would withhold that info from the family? (DV says he does not know if it has been discovered.)

I know LE played its cards pretty much close to the vest in this investigation, but this just seems like sort of a different situation from other evidence...maybe not, but I am wondering.

The question above is my main one, but the following could be a corollary -- though it's kind of just a passing thought, not something I'd stake a lot on.

Without getting too much into the content of the comments posted on the recent two-part article, I will just say that one theme I noticed was: "Why is DV speaking out now after having remained very much out of public view?"

Since the missing jewelry is something we have never heard before (unless rumor, but even if rumor, I personally never heard it), could it be that something is about to be "leaked" (uhmmm, true or otherwise) regarding jewelry found in SM's possession?

Further thought on DV having talked about the missing jewelry:

Couldn't that kind of mess things up if it should happen that the jewelry is now found, say, on a search of SM's grandfather's place? Suppose there is a search there and, while no remains turn up, the necklace and bracelet do. Say they are found buried in a coffee can at the edge of the woods or something similar.

Now that this info has been revealed, couldn't SM's defense say that the items being reported publicly as missing caused "the real killer, not SM" to panic and decide he/she needed to dump them (maybe rather than hock them, say) -- so the perp headed over to Pike Co. in the dead of night and buried them near the property line... (Kooky example, I know, but just trying to make my point)

Oriah -- and all others who are interested:

This is no huge revelation, but it is just something I hadn't thought about before in regard to the search for the rest of Lauren. I was just reading over in the current Karen Swift (RIP) thread and found this post about where her body was found ...

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #2

... and I thought, gosh, yes, kudzu! Midsummer ... and middle Georgia certainly abounds with the stuff, in town and out most places, sometimes huge plots of it ... and few there be who venture within for any everyday reason! Pretty forbidding ... and snaky. Makes these kind of otherworldly zones by climbing and twisting over trees and anything else in its path -- thick, and very fast-growing and -spreading.

Just thought I would mention it. Maybe near any likely spots for the search, special attention should be paid to kudzu-covered areas. It does go dormant in the winter -- apparently a hard frost led to the discovery of KS's body. (Oriah, I'd almost bet you encounter the stuff pretty regularly on assignments in the southeast.)

Kudzu is the bane of our existence. And one of the reasons I often think of mower schedules and mosquito abatement/herbicide flyovers in the SE during the spring and summer months. It is easy peasy to toss something along the side of a road, and have it literally overgrown (and invisible) within a day.

I can't drive down a kudzu laden road, see a trash bag, and not think it's something that needs to be investigated. :(

I have a question regarding Lauren's missing necklace and bracelet.

Now, I know that investigations and LE departments differ, but -- especially those of you who've followed lots of cases or are in some way LE-linked -- speaking from what you know and have observed, please address this:

I'm assuming Lauren's family and/or DV reported that the jewelry seemed to be missing, as soon as they realized it. If LE found it in SM's apartment (or otherwise "in his possession"), do you think they would withhold that info from the family? (DV says he does not know if it has been discovered.)

I know LE played its cards pretty much close to the vest in this investigation, but this just seems like sort of a different situation from other evidence...maybe not, but I am wondering.

The question above is my main one, but the following could be a corollary -- though it's kind of just a passing thought, not something I'd stake a lot on.

Without getting too much into the content of the comments posted on the recent two-part article, I will just say that one theme I noticed was: "Why is DV speaking out now after having remained very much out of public view?"

Since the missing jewelry is something we have never heard before (unless rumor, but even if rumor, I personally never heard it), could it be that something is about to be "leaked" (uhmmm, true or otherwise) regarding jewelry found in SM's possession?

BBM:
If the jewlery was seized from SM's apartment or his person, I do not think LE would withold this from Lauren's family... actually- if it was verified as belonging to Lauren- I'm not certain they can, legally? If they have evidence logged as stolen, and know the rightful owner? But DV isn't family.

If it was discovered with Lauren, or in her apartment or vehicle or similar, and seized from there, then I think maybe it could be taken as evidence and that info not released to family. :waitasec:

Maybe an attorney can weigh in here?

Either way, an interesting question/observation. I would think two pieces of distinct jewelry, missing during the commission of a murder, would have been put out there by LE immediately- such as, "have you seen this necklace, John Q Public?"
And that didn't happen.

So my 2 cents...LE either has it. Or they know who does.

I don't recall hearing/reading that this was coming up today:

QUOTE:

Macon Police Chief Burns Answers Your Questions

...One day after Stephen McDaniel, the man accused of killing Mercer Law graduate Lauren Giddings, pleaded not guilty to 30 counts of child exploitation, Chief Burns discussed the status of the Giddings murder investigation. ...

more and video at: http://macon.13wmaz.com/news/news/62996-macon-police-chief-burns-answers-your-questions

ETA: Only the very first segment of the interview touches on this case.

Kudzu is the bane of our existence. And one of the reasons I often think of mower schedules and mosquito abatement/herbicide flyovers in the SE during the spring and summer months. It is easy peasy to toss something along the side of a road, and have it literally overgrown (and invisible) within a day.

I can't drive down a kudzu laden road, see a trash bag, and not think it's something that needs to be investigated. :(

I figured your response would be along these lines, Oriah!

For any of you who AREN'T familiar with kudzu, here's a link someone posted on the Karen Swift thread, showing Georgia (and maybe Alabama and South Carolina...?) kudzu in different seasons:

http://www.jjanthony.com/kudzu/houses.html

There is tons of kudzu everywhere...especially down I-16 near that area. They would have to search all of Macon though, if they were just targeting high kudzu areas.

In regards to DV speaking out for the first time at this point...I would have to say that he has probably gone through many stages of grief. I would say he is in a pretty sad place right now with it being the holidays. Sounds like he is just trying to get by. My gut is telling me that he is kind of a reserved person anyway and not the type to speak out...but now he doesn't want Lauren to be forgotten so he feels compelled to tell the story.

I do not get the creepy vibe that he is trying to clear his name or that he is actually the killer and trying to put more nails in McD's coffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken