MD MD - Judith 'Judy' O'Donnell, 19, Baltimore, 30 Nov 1980

You're so right, WholeLottaRosie! Maureen is the best sister anyone could have.

Bumping for Judy!

Just read the whole thread...whew!

Came over here after seeing Maureen's post on our LISK forum.

Bless you Maureen, and all the posters & researchers here.

Maureen, have you heard anything on the progress with the cemetery?

Maureen, have you heard anything on the progress with the cemetery?

I never knew, going into this, heck, going into High School, that patience would be such a virtue. No, still nothing. Still nothing on the DNA. It's backburnered, the NYS investigator believes, or the DNA from the midtown doe has been delayed. Who knows.

Today is Judy's birthday. She is or would be 51. Happy birthday sister. I love you. Miss you, wish you could have heard my kids singing happy birthday to you today. Something tells me you were here with us.

In NYC last week for some national attention for Judy and missing persons - as well as unclaimed persons (Namus) I was on my way to meet a friend for dinner -- found a penny on the ground. Right in my path. No reason that we went the wrong way -- but when I saw that penny. I knew. She was there. She was also there with me when I was filming. It will air in about 6 months, and of course I'll share the info when it becomes available.

I just want my sister - or her remains. Is it too much to ask ??

No, Maureen, it is definitely not too much to ask.

Happy Birthday, Judy!!! :heart:

I pick up pennies, too...you should look at the date on it.

Maureen, you are so brave and so patient.

Happy Birthday, Judy. May this be the last one you spend away from those who love you.

God Bless you, Maureen..

This is for you, Maureen

Lose You

Never thought I’d lose you,
But here I am,
Standing alone,
Without you by my side,
We’re sisters for life,
We promised,
But now you’re gone,
I don’t know what to do,
Without you,
I’m going crazy,
I’m trying to hold on,
To keep strong,
But it just doesn’t feel right,
I’m waiting here,
My arms wide open,
Tears running down my face,
Ready for your return,
Even if it takes forever,
My sister…

This poem was written/submitted by Adriana.

I was in NYC yesterday and Thursday. I felt Judy's presence. She was there with me - in the hotel, on the train, on the plane on the way home.

It was hard not to sob. I had to go to work. I was there for training for my new job. I'm coming out of the mommy cocoon, stronger than ever, and Judy was there with me. She was proud. Oh big sis. Where ARE you?

I was in NYC yesterday and Thursday. I felt Judy's presence. She was there with me - in the hotel, on the train, on the plane on the way home.

It was hard not to sob. I had to go to work. I was there for training for my new job. I'm coming out of the mommy cocoon, stronger than ever, and Judy was there with me. She was proud. Oh big sis. Where ARE you?
That's remarkable (feeling Judy's presence)...I've often read about such...many people have experienced that with their loved ones.

If that's the case, maybe somehow Judy (or "the Universe") will point you in a direction or to a place or person that may hold some clues.

As always, good luck! :hug:

She's always with me, I know that -- but sometimes, when I don't have the busy of my kids tugging at me, or hubby making demands - or family asking questions - just the quiet of the inside of a jet or a train screeching into a station, and I can actually *feel* -- I know she's there. Boy do I miss her. xox

She's always with me, I know that -- but sometimes, when I don't have the busy of my kids tugging at me, or hubby making demands - or family asking questions - just the quiet of the inside of a jet or a train screeching into a station, and I can actually *feel* -- I know she's there. Boy do I miss her. xox

I completely know what you mean. And she's always there. And she is proud.

Judy where are you? I have tear-filled eyes right now - I just wish there was something, anything, I could do to help find you. Investigators won't listen to a reading - done by a friend - (she read it to me when I was in the hospital earlier this year, I was in tears then too) - anything. I wish there was *something* more I could do.

Miss you sis. Still working on finding you. I'll never give up. I promise. xox

Judy where are you? I have tear-filled eyes right now - I just wish there was something, anything, I could do to help find you. Investigators won't listen to a reading - done by a friend - (she read it to me when I was in the hospital earlier this year, I was in tears then too) - anything. I wish there was *something* more I could do.

Miss you sis. Still working on finding you. I'll never give up. I promise. xox

was in the reading something said that made you go to le to look into whatever was said. i do fully believe in psychics i have been to some good ones and some fake ones. i had one tell me all about my grandmother who passed she had no idea and i gave her no info. i had so much tears in my eyes

this friend must really be a good reader to make you have cried over it. i wish le would take sometimes those things more seriously sometimes psychics are really giving you info

was in the reading something said that made you go to le to look into whatever was said. i do fully believe in psychics i have been to some good ones and some fake ones. i had one tell me all about my grandmother who passed she had no idea and i gave her no info. i had so much tears in my eyes

this friend must really be a good reader to make you have cried over it. i wish le would take sometimes those things more seriously sometimes psychics are really giving you info

the read WAS good -- and I can visualize some of it when I read it back. What I need to do is to go back to MD at some point - in that narrow stretch where it joins DE -- on the highway -- 95 -- and do my own sleuthing. The MD police wanted nothing to do with my sister's case when she was newly missing - in 1980. Why would they not want anything to do with it now? It's infuriating, really.

the read WAS good -- and I can visualize some of it when I read it back. What I need to do is to go back to MD at some point - in that narrow stretch where it joins DE -- on the highway -- 95 -- and do my own sleuthing. The MD police wanted nothing to do with my sister's case when she was newly missing - in 1980. Why would they not want anything to do with it now? It's infuriating, really.

back in the 70s 80s missing adults were consider low on the radar of the local pd unless it was something that was connected to a serial killer like ted bundy or the green river killer.

the local pd would tell the family she probably is with friends she ran away she will be back these things happen it wasn't till missing children were recognized and the ncmec was set up that pd took missing adults more seriously

you as her sister need to fight them to open a case or reopen a case for her. tell her your the only one who can speak for judy tell them you have spent your whole life trying to fit the pieces of the puzzle together. you have to be persistant

as stated correctly by previous poster - it was a family gathering for thanksgiving, 1980. It was a particularly emotionally charged thanksgiving - one sister was presenting her son, the first grandchild on that side of the family, mulatto, born out of wedlock in a baltimore catholic family. There were also 2 50th wedding anniversaries that year -neither of which my sisters were invited to attend. Judy Hitch-hiked to MN to attend one of them. My sister Judy was also uninvited to be a part of my brother's wedding the year before. Judy showed up in Ellicott City Maryland (at an uncle's home) with her bags of clothes (think those big honkin' army bags). She was more or less living on the street, though all the sites claim she was living in the Village. She was an apiring actress/singer - and had spent time at Covenant House. She had also been arrested for prostitution more than once. Her favorite haunt in the City was Studio 54.

I cannot remember what she was wearing that day. I believe she did not have pierced ears. She did have a scar under her chin and one on her left arm. She had a discolored left central incisor (top), and had braces - but did not wear her retainer, so her bucked teeth and split between the two fronts came back.

I am certain. CERTAIN I saw her at one of Reagan's innaugural parties in January 1981. I was home alone - and didn't think to call the Reagan library to get copies until 2005. The copies of all the TV coverage I received did not have her on any of them (6 hours or so worth of tape).

Judy is 5'11", dark steel blue eyes, with yellow ring around the iris. She was known to hitch hike, often. She had long, thin (but shapely) athletic legs.

As far as we know, she never made it back to NYC. I wish I could be of more help.
Hopefully this tragic story can be turned around soon.
I wonder (given those early 80's days ) if Judy had made friends in the gay community who might remember seeing her, or if she had been sick in an Aids hospice of some sort...
Music does not leave someone's soul, no matter what they get into.. and so I wonder if any musicians from back in the day might know or remember seeing Judy. Maybe in some Studio 54 Facebook page or book, some pics of her might be found, a beauty like that is not easily forgotten.

Hopefully this tragic story can be turned around soon.
I wonder (given those early 80's days ) if Judy had made friends in the gay community who might remember seeing her, or if she had been sick in an Aids hospice of some sort...
Music does not leave someone's soul, no matter what they get into.. and so I wonder if any musicians from back in the day might know or remember seeing Judy. Maybe in some Studio 54 Facebook page or book, some pics of her might be found, a beauty like that is not easily forgotten.

yes, i've scoured the studio 54 pages on the web, and have found a few pictures of her -- haven't found straight-on but profile pictures. I've tried to reach out to the DJ's that are now on Studio 54's XM radio station, too. I've reached out to the author of the Studio 54 book (spoke with him on the phone - he doesn't remember) -- if you have friends in that community, by ALL means -- reach out to them! Share the facebook page! ANY information - any small or large memory -- this will likely become a murder investigation, but we have to find a body first!

Judy,

Any word from the New York City Police about the NYC Jane Doe? I just keep thinking about her and thinking it could be Judy!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back