GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #8

I don't think there is any meaning behind his having them. Not that those same images might not hold some deeper meaning for another. But IME there are two types of tat owners. Those who get them for the cool factor and those who get them to represent some deep life experience or lesson learned or spiritual feeling.

I think JE is a cool factor tat guy, based on what I know of him thus far, he doesn't strike me as a particularly deep and spiritual fella MOO

His tattoos are really crappy. I don't they hold any true deep meanings besides he got paid and was trying to look cool.
I don't think he is a deep intellect, he maybe manipulative towards people esp women and young girls but I don't see an artistic genius here.

I think 1 of them...on his back...is a Chinese Zodiac symbol for 1978. And the one that sort resembles the math symbol for pi is Japanese/Kanji for strength. Some are better done than others...probably an issue of coinage. I agree with above that he was probably a 'cool tat' guy...sort of superficial choices, not a deep thinker who wanted special symbolism. I don't have any 'ink' but it seems like he has quite a bit for someone who had no significant income but had child support obligations. JMHO, of course.

It was nice for that celebration in town, but I really hope this young girl does not think she is a celebraty staus now, because that will do more damage to her.

I saw it written that she never had a tear drop at mom's funeral.
A day later able to have a celebration and make a little speech.
Call me old fashioned but so soon?
No grieving time?
I do not understand.......I thought everything would be more private.

Looks like quite a scar below this tattoo. Even ruined it (if that's possible).

WestVirginiaRegionalJail-JeffEasley-BookingPhotos13.jpg

It was nice for that celebration in town, but I really hope this young girl does not think she is a celebraty staus now, because that will do more damage to her.

I saw it written that she never had a tear drop at mom's funeral.
A day later able to have a celebration and make a little speech.
No grieving time?

I agree that she does not need to be treated as a celebrity at this point, or a returning hero...I think a prayer vigil, or what have you, that they had when she was found safe, was plenty. Whatever she did or did not do, or knew or did not know...this was/is a very messed-up little girl who needs therapy more than celebrations...

I agree that she does not need to be treated as a celebrity at this point, or a returning hero...I think a prayer vigil, or what have you, that they had when she was found safe, was plenty. Whatever she did or did not do, or knew or did not know...this was/is a very messed-up little girl who needs therapy more than celebrations...

BBM I really agree. I think se needed therapy a long time ago, when brother died. JMOO

I do not know why just yet, but I do not feel that the owner of this Facebook site is doing a good thing. I have a negative feeling toward it.

She will probably be getting a visit from LE (if she hasn't already) wanting to know how she comes by her information and asking just what her very keen interest is in putting all of this information out there.

IMO

I agree with you in regards to the FB site. Something bad wrong with some of the stuff I see posted.

On another note, I haven't cried at a funeral "yet" and have had to say goodbye to people that I loved and was close to. BS not crying at her mom's service doesn't mean anything to me.

On another note, I haven't cried at a funeral "yet" and have had to say goodbye to people that I loved and was close to. BS not crying at her mom's service doesn't mean anything to me.

RSBM

Everyone grieves differently. There is no right or wrong way to say good-bye to a loved one. For all we know, she could have been given medication to get her through the day, IMO.

I haven't seen it said anywhere in MSM that she didn't cry. As a matter of fact, this article says she was wiping away tears. If I missed something in MSM that suggests she didn't cry, I'd love to see the link.

(Not attacking anyone. I just don't take what's written on a Facebook Group page at face value.)

yeah that facebook group... i dunno. it seems dodgy to me. i'm not a fan of the "send me questions and i'll ask people who know JE even though i've never met them" thing.

that, and is anyone else saddened that the media supposedly videotaped part of the TS funeral? i dunno, i know this is a national story and all, but that seems more than a smidge intrusive.

Candle light service for Brittany Smith's safe return
Friends and family of 12-year-old Brittany Smith gathered at Constitution Square in South Boston Sunday. They held a candle light service for her safe return. You may remember, she was discovered earlier this month in San Francisco with her alleged abductor, Jeffrey Easley. The event started at 4:00 p.m.
About a dozen friends and family organized this event before Brittany was found; they were happy to change it from a candlelight vigil to a candlelight celebration. It was bittersweet; some friends of the family got up on stage and spoke about how difficult it was to lose Tina, but how happy they were that Brittany was safe.
More...

Brittany Smith appears in South Boston, thanks crowd for outpouring
Brittany Smith appeared at a gathering to welcome her back to her hometown of South Boston on Sunday evening. The 12-year-old has been largely sequestered with family since she was found in San Francisco on Dec. 10 with her accused abductor, Jeffrey Easley.
More...

Tina Smith remembered for service, kindness
The Rev. John Eure doesn't want people to remember Tina Smith for how she died.
"Even though this is part of a story in Tina's life, it is not the whole story of Tina's life," Eure said. "The murder should not define who she was."
The pastor urged about 175 of Smith's family and friends, gathered at Ash Avenue Baptist Church in South Boston on Saturday for Smith's memorial service, to remember the 41-year-old nurse for her quirky ways, her kindness and her service to others.
More...

Jeffrey Scott Easley off suicide watch
The man accused of abducting 12-year-old Brittany Mae Smith has been taken off suicide watch while he sits in a jail cell.
On Saturday, jail officials at Western Virginia Regional Jail placed Jeffrey Scott Easley, 32, on "special" watch; the only difference being he no longer has to wear a suicide-preventing smock. The smock is tear resistant to prevent an inmate from using scraps of their clothes to form a noose.
More...

I saw it written that she never had a tear drop at mom's funeral.A day later able to have a celebration and make a little speech.
No grieving time?

BBM was that written in the media somewhere or on a blog or comment section?

This is what concerns me in this case for BS. At this time, I have no idea of the facts of the case as to BS and what crimes were committed against her and/or her mother. I want this girl to be able to address whatever that was in private. I want LE to be able to do their jobs quietly without a media circus surrounding this child.

It worries me that her every move is being watched and discussed out here in the anonymity of the web. If LE is scrutinizing her they haven't told me. This makes me uncomforable with this sort of scrutiny. This can be psychologically damaging. Even if her family is keeping her away and sheltered from some of what is out here, she can easily go back and read about herself as an adult.

ty. I think I will step back from this one a bit til LE begins to release more details and charge people with TS murder. Much of what is available right now in topics to discuss and speculate right now are sourced from areas I find untrustworthy. Without being able or inclined to discuss those topics I am limited in what I can participate in.

Happy sleuthing Websleuthers. I will be lurking from here on out til things change.

IMO, that Facebook page needs to be yanked. This is a child's life they are playing with here. As for not crying at the funeral....oh I don't know maybe she in SHOCK from everything that's gone on. People seem to forget this is a 12 year old CHILD.

IMO, that Facebook page needs to be yanked. This is a child's life they are playing with here. As for not crying at the funeral....oh I don't know maybe she in SHOCK from everything that's gone on. People seem to forget this is a 12 year old CHILD.

what I was struck by is the fact that the admin of the FB group insists "only use their initials in discussions". ...like that's going to shield this poor girl and her family from the comments if they happen to stumble across the group? (and seeing as she has a FB already anyway, it's very likely she'll see it...) I'm very creeped out by some of the discussion group topics that their admin has posted, especially the new one that showed up today.

have you addressed that creeped out factor over there?

Again folks. It is FB. We cannot expect the same sort of discourse out there that we've become acusmtomed to in here.

Just sayin.

JMO and :twocents:, but we should take it for what it is and glean what is important or we feel is "sleuthable" here at WS. We may not agree with the way they conversing, but some info, like the tats I found are credible.

Just sayin' maybe take it with a box of salt and leave the yuk to them. :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back