GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #8

At least the worst of the Facebook pages is gone...the one that alleged to have contact with the high school pal of Easley's answering questions. :)

At least the worst of the Facebook pages is gone...the one that alleged to have contact with the high school pal of Easley's answering questions. :)

Spoke too soon. FB admin is just choosing to make the page invisible at times. Go figure.

Whew...caught up on a lot of reading I've missed only to find that there's nothing new. Bummer.

Preliminary hearing set for February
Jeffrey Scott Easley was arraigned Friday on a charge of abducting 12-year-old former South Boston resident Brittany Mae Smith, according to Roanoke County Public Information Director Teresa Hamilton Hall.
The arraignment took place in Roanoke County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court.
Roanoke County Commonwealth’s Attorney Randy Leach will proscute the case and was in court for the arraignment.
During the brief court appearance, Easley requested a court appointed attorney, Hall said.
After an exchange of financial information, Judge Philip Trompeter granted Easley’s request.
More...

Goodness gracious! When are we going to see charges in TS's murder? It's been five, almost six, weeks now!

Goodness gracious! When are we going to see charges in TS's murder? It's been five, almost six, weeks now!

I know. Some updates would be nice. I wonder if any of the locals could let us know if they are hearing anything?

When just checking, I did find this article about FB now having Amber Alerts available in all 50 states and 3 other locations. Good Thing!!!

http://mashable.com/2011/01/12/facebook-amber-alert/

I spoke with someone in Halifax Co, VA who is friends with some of BMS's close relatives. No one is saying anything but that's not to say that nothing is happening. LE is just playing it all very close to the vest (as they say).

I usually will do a google search weekly to see if anything new comes up then hit this site. I feel confident that there are smart and hardworking people on this case and justice will be served. Just thought I would give you all a shout out as we wait. Hi everybody.

JE's preliminary hearing on the abduction charge is two weeks from today (02/18/11). But when the heck is someone going to be charged with this murder as we're approaching the 8 week anniversary?

JE's preliminary hearing on the abduction charge is two weeks from today (02/18/11). But when the heck is someone going to be charged with this murder as we're approaching the 8 week anniversary?

Sorry to quote myself, but obviously that date should be 02/08/11.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/275356

Easley: Girl rode along voluntarily
In a letter from jail, the man accused of abducting Brittany Smith said he'd promised not to leave her behind.

By Amanda Codispoti
981-3334

Accused abductor Jeffrey Easley said in a letter from jail that 12-year-old Brittany Smith was his willing cross-country travelling companion.

"I did not kidnapp her or take her aginest her will," Easley, 32, wrote in a letter postmarked Thursday from the Western Virginia Regional Jail. "She made me promise not to leave her."

The one-page letter, hand-printed on lined notebook paper, contains misspellings and lacks punctuation. It doesn't mention the slaying of Tina Smith, 41, who was Easley's girlfriend and Brittany's mother.

"I want the truth out there not all these storys," Easley writes.

It continues: "I made a promise to britt in front of her mom back in july

"i promised never to leave her behind and always to protect her. that what I did."

(more at link)

His letter responds to a Roanoke Times request to interview him.

"Its about time," the letter begins.

JSE told jail authorities on Friday that he would agree to a jailhouse interview, but quickly changed his mind and said he wanted his attorney, TR, present. Roe, angry that a reporter had contacted JSE, declined to elaborate on JSE's letter.

BBM

Well it appears, at least to me, JSE has possibly been sitting in a cell just hoping the media would want to interview him. Looks as if his attorney is going to have his hands full just trying to keep him from talking when and if he is given a chance to do so. (In my opinion at least). Maybe he is upset his 15 minutes seems to be over currently, but he should probably realize this is only the beginning of his "media coverage".

"I want the truth out there not all these storys," Easley writes.

It continues: "I made a promise to britt in front of her mom back in july

"i promised never to leave her behind and always to protect her. that what I did."

(more at link)

RSBM

Sounds like he's setting up exactly what I thought he would. Someone else did it, he and/or BS discovered it and ran for their own safety. *throwing a big :censored: flag at that one!*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back