State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-16-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is CAS the one who was attacked by him for the ring? I hope they get that back in, along with the punching of the windshield with the woman behind it.

I think MM only saw the good side, if I recall correctly.

I believe the one he attacked was GC.

I'm interested to see if CAS breaks down again on the stand. Last time her emotions were so raw because she had just confessed her infidelity to her husband in the days before she testified. Wonder how she'll do now that a few months have passed?

I believe the one he attacked was GC.

I'm interested to see if CAS breaks down again on the stand. Last time her emotions were so raw because she had just confessed her infidelity to her husband in the days before she testified. Wonder how she'll do now that a few months have passed?

Thanks - I remember now.

Those were some tough moments for her.

One telling thing about the custody issue is it was moved to Transylvania County at his request, even though his attorney was Alice Stubbs of Raleigh. Alice told him a deposition and psychological evaluation was required. That's all he needed to hear...not happening, so he just signed over primary custody.

Thanks for the info/input, JTF and everybody else.

This was brought over from yesterday's thread by JTF.

Tied down?
Hardly. First thing he told his sister Heather was she will make a great mom to CY.
In the mean time, he used photos of CY to get dates on craigslist. SICK

I had never heard about the Craigslist picture. Was this before or after he killed MY? (allegedly killed).

What happens if there is another hung jury? Can they try him again? I think there's reasonable doubt based on the fact that the hair in Michelle's hands wasn't Jason's. However, it is consistent with her own hair.

Quick question before the haggling over DNA begins!

Much has been made of JY's legal counsel to remain silent at all costs.

Does anyone have any insight as to whether JY giving up his child in order to maintain his ongoing silence was also done at the behest of his counsel? I don't know how attorneys work in this sort of a situation. Are they generally in the business of advising such extreme measures?

I doubt we would ever be privy to what his attorney advised him, since by definition, that would be subject to attorney-client privilege. All we would ever hear is what someone might have heard was said about advice JY may have received. Which I suspect would be hearsay, would it not?

Besides, no one would convince me to give up my daughter under any circumstances unless I was physically unable to care for her. A lawyer can help you with the LAW but not with moral decisions. The two are often somehow strangely at odds.

This was brought over from yesterday's thread by JTF.

Tied down?
Hardly. First thing he told his sister Heather was she will make a great mom to CY.
In the mean time, he used photos of CY to get dates on craigslist. SICK

I had never heard about the Craigslist picture. Was this before or after he killed MY? (allegedly killed).

The Craig's list debacle was less than a year after Michelle was killed IIRC, you can probably find them on NCWanted, that's where I saw them. He put a personal ad about being a "widowed single father" looking for "the one" who is "tired of games.".if course he used pics of he and Cass in his ads. Oh and one with him and his mom in matching snowsuits, also a photo op with Cass

What happens if there is another hung jury? Can they try him again? I think there's reasonable doubt based on the fact that the hair in Michelle's hands wasn't Jason's. However, it is consistent with her own hair.

?? Do you think she assaulted herself? Sorry, do not follow your comment at all.

However, if a victim had long hair and was being choked, it's possible the victim's own hair got caught in the fingers/hands as she attempted to pry the choker's hands off her neck.

?? Do you think she assaulted herself? Sorry, do not follow your comment at all.

However, if a victim had long hair and was being choked, it's possible the victim's own hair got caught in the fingers/hands as she attempted to pry the choker's hands off her neck.
I didn't realize it was her own hair until I just saw it on TV. sorry for the confusion.

Yes, the state can decide to try him again if there is another mistrial.

uh oh, the ex. (I cheated and watch parts of the last trial)

Genevieve Cargill up now. She is the one who was previously engaged to JY, and she is the one he attacked in the hotel room and ripped the engagement ring off her finger.

Genevieve Cargill up now. She is the one who was previously engaged to JY, and she is the one he attacked in the hotel room and ripped the engagement ring off her finger.
Do we know who the mistress was down in Orlando? Is she relevant?

I bet shes thanking her lucky stars she got away from him!!!

I doubt we would ever be privy to what his attorney advised him, since by definition, that would be subject to attorney-client privilege. All we would ever hear is what someone might have heard was said about advice JY may have received. Which I suspect would be hearsay, would it not?

Besides, no one would convince me to give up my daughter under any circumstances unless I was physically unable to care for her. A lawyer can help you with the LAW but not with moral decisions. The two are often somehow strangely at odds.

Thanks Boodles. I guess I got confused because people know what his attorneys advised him on speaking to LE, so I thought the custody piece might be general knowledge too. I'm assuming the general knowledge part is correct, and not speculation - that we know for a fact that JY's counsel advised total silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni