MD MD - Judith 'Judy' O'Donnell, 19, Baltimore, 30 Nov 1980

Maureen, many people are praying for you to find the answers you need and deserve. Somehow, someday, and I hope today, you will know the truth. I wish I knew how to help.

God Bless you, Maureen.

It was complex, as I'm sure you can all assess if you've been following this thread, and if you know anything about missing persons - especially interstate, over-18, probable runaway - when no one shared information - the paper didn't want to pick up the story. There was no obvious local connection. As I've said so many times before (in this thread and elsewhere on the internet), sometimes you just don't know how things tie together, or you aren't ready to process information. today is the 26th anniversary of a woman slain. I was the last person to see her alive, and I also saw her killer. I might not have listened to my intuition that day, but I made sure I helped convict her killer - and vowed to never, ever, not listen to that little voice, ever again. The story is only available in the printed newspaper, and is reprinted with express permission from the author. It appears in the Palladium Times, Oswego NY on Page 6 - Feb 13, 2012:

After 3 decades, Oswego woman hopes her missing sister will be found

By JANET REBEOR-DEXTER
jdexter@palltimes.com
OSWEGO — It was 26 years ago today that Maureen O’Donnell Sanchez — the last person to see Susan Muckey alive — stopped to pick up a pack of cigarettes at the town of Oswego gas station where the 18-year-old worked.
On Feb. 13, 1986, Muckey’s estranged boyfriend, David Welch, stabbed her to death after her shift ended at the Minute Man Gas Station on state Route 104 West, in the town of Oswego. Although Sanchez did not know it at the time, not only was she the last person to see Muckey alive, she also saw the young woman’s killer.
“I always used to wait until the very last minute to get my cigarettes,” Sanchez said. “It was like a game to see if I could get there before the store closed.” Once inside the business that night, Sanchez recalled Muckey was trying to get her to stay.

(snip)

http://www.palltimes.com/articles/2012/02/13/news/doc4f39b4e49cdbc478507257.txt

It was complex, as I'm sure you can all assess if you've been following this thread, and if you know anything about missing persons - especially interstate, over-18, probable runaway - when no one shared information - the paper didn't want to pick up the story. There was no obvious local connection. As I've said so many times before (in this thread and elsewhere on the internet), sometimes you just don't know how things tie together, or you aren't ready to process information. today is the 26th anniversary of a woman slain. I was the last person to see her alive, and I also saw her killer. I might not have listened to my intuition that day, but I made sure I helped convict her killer - and vowed to never, ever, not listen to that little voice, ever again. The story is only available in the printed newspaper, and is reprinted with express permission from the author. It appears in the Palladium Times, Oswego NY on Page 6 - Feb 13, 2012:

After 3 decades, Oswego woman hopes her missing sister will be found

By JANET REBEOR-DEXTER
jdexter@palltimes.com
OSWEGO — It was 26 years ago today that Maureen O’Donnell Sanchez — the last person to see Susan Muckey alive — stopped to pick up a pack of cigarettes at the town of Oswego gas station where the 18-year-old worked.
On Feb. 13, 1986, Muckey’s estranged boyfriend, David Welch, stabbed her to death after her shift ended at the Minute Man Gas Station on state Route 104 West, in the town of Oswego. Although Sanchez did not know it at the time, not only was she the last person to see Muckey alive, she also saw the young woman’s killer.
“I always used to wait until the very last minute to get my cigarettes,” Sanchez said. “It was like a game to see if I could get there before the store closed.” Once inside the business that night, Sanchez recalled Muckey was trying to get her to stay.

(snip)

http://www.palltimes.com/articles/2012/02/13/news/doc4f39b4e49cdbc478507257.txt
Maureen,

Of course I had no idea that you had gone thru that ordeal of being the last one to see Susan, and also see her ex. Bravo to you for testifying in court...takes much courage. But it sounds like you have beaten yourself up unnecessarily for far too long (altho a natural reaction).

I have faith and hope that you will be rewarded by having someone(s) else come forward to lead you to your missing sister Judy. It will be a perfect balance.

Many Hugz to you. Don't give up. You're an amazing person and sister!

Oh my word. There's no case in Maryland for her. Though that's the last place she was seen alive. Sofa King! It's a Sofa King! We, yes, We, TODD did! (read it to yourself outloud if you don't get it the first few times)

Ugh. I've walked away from it for a while. I was so upset when it came to light that there is no case open for her in MD. That means that when I was 17, and a freshman in college, I was the one who opened the case? Really? Am I missing something here? Why did my parents not report her missing in MD? I don't know the answer. I am working on some national press for Judy right now, and it requires me to be the strongest I can be, so I don't want to get upset - I'll press them in about a month, after the dust has settled from some of the other stuff in my life right now.

Hi, I was looking around youtube looking for something that fit the description of the video you saw (the inauguration gala) and found this, that was broadcast on the ABC and was at night, under flood lights. Could these be part of the broadcast you saw?
1981 "Reagan Inauguration Gala" - YouTube
and
Ethel Merman sings for Ronald Reagan - YouTube
The second video has a link to a website. They claim to have the entire video of this particular inauguration gala, and if it is the correct one, perhaps they could be of assistance? The website describes it as such: "RONALD REAGAN ALL-STAR INAUGURAL GALA 1981

Produced by Frank Sinatra and broadcast on January 20 1981. Emcee: Johnny Carson. Starring Debby Boone, Charlton Heston, Bob Hope, Rich Little, Ethel Merman, Charley Pride, Frank Sinatra, James Stewart, Ben Vereen, Donny & Marie Osmond, Dean Martin, Mel Tillis. Clear quality but with slight glitches throughout."

Also, I found this footage of an inauguration parade: Regan's Inauguration Parade, 1981 - YouTube

Hopefully this helps, but if not I am terribly sorry.

I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

thanks for posting those links, certainly hilarious stuff - Bob Hope was loaded with great one-liners. But what I saw that night was outside -- I have gone over every minute of tape from the Reagan Inauguration - from the Reagan Library and from the Carter Library as well -- everything they have in their collections related to the inaugural is in my possession - and she's just not there. I've gone the other route - using Vanderbilt's media (TV) archives - nothing.

Having found out recently that she was never listed as missing out of Maryland just adds to my frustration. In about a week's time I'll be working on a national press story for her, TV coverage, pray for me that it goes well. It won't air for months, but it will air repeatedly, which is awesome.

Her birthday is coming up again. It's been a heluva year for her. I hope and pray for answers.

Maureen, I'll be crossing everything possible, not just fingers, for you regarding your newest project and finding Judy. :)

Your determination and devotion is very inspiring and touching. :heartbeat:

thanks for posting those links, certainly hilarious stuff - Bob Hope was loaded with great one-liners. But what I saw that night was outside -- I have gone over every minute of tape from the Reagan Inauguration - from the Reagan Library and from the Carter Library as well -- everything they have in their collections related to the inaugural is in my possession - and she's just not there. I've gone the other route - using Vanderbilt's media (TV) archives - nothing.

Having found out recently that she was never listed as missing out of Maryland just adds to my frustration. In about a week's time I'll be working on a national press story for her, TV coverage, pray for me that it goes well. It won't air for months, but it will air repeatedly, which is awesome.

Her birthday is coming up again. It's been a heluva year for her. I hope and pray for answers.

Sorry that wasn't what you have been looking for. I thought it looked like it MIGHT have been outside, but wasn't sure because of the video quality and decided to err on the side of caution and post it just in case.

I really do hope that the story goes well. You deserve answers. She deserves answers. It absolutely breaks my heart that she has been missing for so long. I am hoping that this year is the year that you get your answers.

I will keep my eye open for any other footage posted around the internet, on youtube or elsewhere (never know what somebody has recorded to VHS that may end up on youtube!). I do have a question about it. Were the people in the crowd sitting (lawnchairs, bleachers, etc), or mostly standing? Do you remember any of the acts that were performing?

I wish you the best of luck, and hope you find what you're looking for. I will keep her in my heart and mind and keep my eyes open for anything that could possibly be helpful and bring you closer to a resolution.

Sorry that wasn't what you have been looking for. I thought it looked like it MIGHT have been outside, but wasn't sure because of the video quality and decided to err on the side of caution and post it just in case.

I really do hope that the story goes well. You deserve answers. She deserves answers. It absolutely breaks my heart that she has been missing for so long. I am hoping that this year is the year that you get your answers.

I will keep my eye open for any other footage posted around the internet, on youtube or elsewhere (never know what somebody has recorded to VHS that may end up on youtube!). I do have a question about it. Were the people in the crowd sitting (lawnchairs, bleachers, etc), or mostly standing? Do you remember any of the acts that were performing?

I wish you the best of luck, and hope you find what you're looking for. I will keep her in my heart and mind and keep my eyes open for anything that could possibly be helpful and bring you closer to a resolution.

the only image I have, in my mind, from that night is a fence - people dancing outdoors - you could see grass, that people were dancing on - overhead lights - and a fence. Judy and whoever she was there with that night - were in a corner of wherever people were. Her hair was straight and feathered when I saw her that night. She was on the camera at least 4 times.

It's possible that it was unrelated to the inaugural, though it was the same night. And why would it have been televised?

thanks for keeping your eyes out! I appreciate it!

Thank you for that description, it will help! Somebody, somewhere has this videotaped. I am hoping it will appear somewhere, sometime soon. Finding out who she was with that night is one step closer to finding out what happened to her. Perhaps they know of any other people in her life that may have seen her before she disappeared.

Wherever she is, she is very lucky to have you as a sister. Best of luck!

can you go to md pd and find out why she was never listed or a case was never opened can you get them to open one?

JudysSisterMaureen. any word on the nyc jane doe. i know things take time but you have been waiting a long time for answers.

JudysSisterMaureen. any word on the nyc jane doe. i know things take time but you have been waiting a long time for answers.

Infuriatingly, NO. I can't tell you how many unanswered emails and phone messages there have been. :banghead:

I need to finish what I'm working on next week before I tackle getting her listed missing in Maryland. W.T.F. just keeps resonating in my head. And I need a clear head for what I'm working on next week.

The lack of followup - on the part of the NYS police, the Oswego Cty Sheriff's dept, my family -- is just making me sick. And I need all the strength and peace I have to make it through next week. That's why the posts have slowed down -- I had to just step away for a little bit because the anger was eating away at me. After next week I'll hit it again.

it's the jane doe that is holding up the dna. Old sample, hard to get DNA, LE thinks. She's going to confirm that it's that and not that because of the age it has slipped to the bottom of the to do list. Why she wasn't accepted? Because she was an adult. And because she had a history. And her lifestyle. And the whole missing persons thing was new. Not a cutting edge I ever wanted to be on. Sigh.

I wonder - moderators, if you are watching this thread - can the state used to describe Judy's disappearance be MD/NY ? The reality is *we don't know* whether she boarded that bus that day. Whether she was at the inaugural in DC or not is not material - she could have easily hitched a ride or gotten a ride from her date (or whatever, even if the scene I keep describing was even IN DC, I simply don't know.)

I just wonder if it would help her case, since she spent most of the last of her life (I believe she's dead) in New York City. Does that make sense? Is that something that can be done?

I keep hoping someone will find her. She's out there somewhere and its past time for her to go home.

Marleen, my prayers are with you!

I just finished reading this whole thread. Wow, Maureen, you sure are a great sister. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back