New Zodiac Sign Chart

The word is everything stays the same in Astrology. BUT I think the new sign should be incorporated. I just don't know how to make a 390 degree circle :)

Any ideas?

Salem

First they take Pluto then they want to change me from a Leo to a Cancer? No thanks, I will stick with what I have always thought I was.

Well, I've never really fit the criteria for a sagittarius, so I have no problem being a scorpio now. It fits me better, LOL.

The Twitter Snowball Effect, the Zodiac and NPR

Twitter has resounded with the news this week that there's now a 13th sign of the Zodiac, called Ophiuchus. Regardless how you feel about astrology itself, it's easy to demonstrate that the "news" is bunkum — a textbook product of what I call the Twitter Snowball Effect.
All that happened this week was that some online news editors learned about him, incorrectly thought he was new and turned him into a viral phenomenon. As often happens on Twitter, the first, inaccurate take — "hey, there's a new Zodiac!" — took off, snowballing into an avalanche that buried all attempts to correct it.

more here

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_new...he-twitter-snowball-effect-the-zodiac-and-npr

hmmmm I have always been a Taurus...stubborn, bullheaded and the like fit me perfectly...now I am an Aries?
Nah,,,, I dont think so

I'm so disappointed, mine didn't change. A Leo I remain....

;)

I'm not buying it- there's only 6 days to be a Scorpio, and I'd be an Orchius(sp???). :snooty:Not having it!
Besides, my loved ones and myself fit their current sign characteristics...

My new sign lasts a week. That sounds about right. I wonder when exactly I changed so much.

I am a Libra and those characteristics have always fit me to a tee. Now I am supposed to be an Aries (almost the exact opposite of the Libra). I'm not really that into horoscopes, but have always believed my Libra status fit me very well. Growing up it was always said, in my family, that my Grandmother and brother (being Taurus's were stubborn, and they are). I was known as being the typical Lbra, scales of justice, sense of right vs wrong, need for balance, etc...Plus, the Libra's star stone is the sapphire, can't get much better than that, IMO. Some characteristics of Aries are admirable, but I don't think it fits my personality at all. I don't really understand this change, but will continue my Libra status regardless.

'New' Zodiac dates:

Capricorn: Jan. 20 – Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 – March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18 – May 13
Taurus: May 13 – June 21
Gemini: June 21 – July 20
Cancer: July 20 – Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10 – Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16 – Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30 – Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23 – Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 – Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17 – Jan. 20

Update:
Let us be clear, Parke Kunkle’s discovery only addresses sidereal zodiac, that is based on constellations- therefore this change only concerns people in the East. Westerners adhere to tropical zodiac that is fixed to seasons (equinox to equinox). In conclusion, your zodiac sign has not changed.

http://news.mwza.com/tech/new-astrological-signs-2011/832/

'New' Zodiac dates:

Capricorn: Jan. 20 – Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 – March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18 – May 13
Taurus: May 13 – June 21
Gemini: June 21 – July 20
Cancer: July 20 – Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10 – Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16 – Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30 – Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23 – Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 – Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17 – Jan. 20

Update:
Let us be clear, Parke Kunkle’s discovery only addresses sidereal zodiac, that is based on constellations- therefore this change only concerns people in the East. Westerners adhere to tropical zodiac that is fixed to seasons (equinox to equinox). In conclusion, your zodiac sign has not changed.

http://news.mwza.com/tech/new-astrological-signs-2011/832/

The new zodiac list doesn't make sense. For instance people born on Nov. 29th is a Scorpio and Ophiuchus,and people born on Dec. 17th is Ophiuchus and Sagittarius,etc......:waitasec:

I have always been a Capricorn and I don't care who tries to tell me that I am a Sagittarius (sp?).... I am a Capricorn!! :furious:

I agree, first they take Pluto (my planet is Saturn) and now they try and make me something other than a Capricorn? Not gonna happen!

Some people are going to suffer a Zodiac identity crisis. Oh, what in the name of the constellations is going on here??? :D

P.S. Leo's rule.....

Astrologers strike back: New zodiac sign Ophiuchus is an old hoax

By IB Times Staff Reporter | January 15, 2011 4:29 AM EST

Astronomer Parke Kunkle's debunking of astrology and the viral wave of theories and anti-theories about the 13th zodiac sign Ophiuchus confounded the followers of astrology the world over, but also dealt a lethal blow to astrologers who withdrew to their shell groping for answers.

The media reports on the 13th zodiac sign, Ophiuchus, and the change in astronomy, horoscope and zodiac calender sent thousands into an astrological identity crisis.

But now astrologers are striking back.

"The zodiac isn't wrong. Your sign isn't changing. Ignore the misinformation", thundered astrologer Rob Brezny.

“Every year or so, another astronomer erupts into the mainstream media with a portentous announcement about how, due to the precession of the equinoxes, the astrological signs are no longer aligned with the actual
constellations," he wrote in his website.

Kunkle, who is a board member of the Minnesota Planetarium Society, said in an interview that the Earth's position has changed vis-a-vis the Sun in the last 3,000 years when astrological signs were first allocated and there is a new sign called Ophiuchus which dictates the course of many events.

"Because of this change of tilt, the Earth is really over here in effect and Sun is in a different constellation than it was 3,000 years ago."

more
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/101...ronomers-astrologers-tropical-zodiac-side.htm

Well since we're changing dates I'm changing my birthday to Feb.29th so now I will only get one year older every four years.

I have always been a proponent of astrology - having been raised in the same home by the same parents at the same time as two VERY different siblings. Have to believe there are some other factors at play there.

Soooooo, doesn't it all have to do with day each of us were actually born? Why would recent "shifts" in our universe change the past?

Jeez, this stuff makes my head hurt!

Hell to the naw! I am a Libra and always will be.Virgo my azz!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back