long weekend break: discuss the latest here #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shallow, but the bangs were a bad choice. It clearly shows to the jury- hey we totally changed her look. Her hair wasn't even dyed that shade of brown when she dyed it brown. It was a lighter caramel brown. So in Jodi land, blonde is bad and brown is good? Lame. I know of many people who can de edify that claim.

Why does the detective sit at the table with JM? That's not common in other states is it?

I agree. Unless the Court provided a closed area for lunches, smoke breaks, etc. these jurors have every right to go wherever they want because they aren't sequestered.

I missed whatever was said on HLN about a juror sitting outside. The day I was there though... I saw one of the jurors outside the front doors by the benches. The lady I was sitting with and I went outside during the afternoon break to smoke and one of the jurors was outside smoking too. He walked to the benches on the other side and avoided the other people out there. There are quite a few benches out there and he kept his distance. I don't think he would've been able to hear any of the conversations going on or anything.

But Jodi testified under oath to JM that she went to the Bishop after Travis was killed and confessed they were having sex and JM told her she never confessed to the Bishop about killing Travis, did she. Jodi answered, no. That could mean she didn't confess about killing Travis because she had not killed him yet. So she knows JM has contacted the Bishop. While the Bishop may not address what they talked about I bet JM was able to get a date. jmo

My understanding is that she contacted the bishop IN ARIZONA after she had moved to Yreka and after Travis was murdered, for the purpose of finding out what he knew.

She would never have gone to the bishop and confessed while Travis was still alive because her bishop would then have promptly contacted Travis' bishop and Travis would be called in.

The fact that Travis went to his bishop and confessed after JA moved back to Yreka means that he 1)promised not to see her again, and 2) was put on probation (possibly disfellowshipped which means can't receive communion or bless people)...but he wasn't excommunicated because he came forth voluntarily. If he sinned again, he would certainly be excommunicated unless there were mitigating circumstances (such as being tied up and forced).

We see this in his behavior when he did not follow through on his plans to visit JA in Yreka. He was sincere in his repentance.

When you understand that Jodi might not have known Travis had been to his bishop, you begin to see how the motive was accelerated for the murder. She shows up and he rejects her sexual advances. Over the following hours she learns that Mimi Hall has replaced her on the Cancun trip. She already knows he wants to get married but perhaps thinks the secret travels/sexcapades are going to continue regardless-- until she finds out he has been to the bishop without telling her.

In Mormon culture, it is considered a betrayal to go to the bishop and confess without giving your partner the opportunity to do the same thing concurrently, and thereby avoiding a perpetrator/victim view of the fornication. If you each go to your separate bishops at the same time, or both go to one bishop, it goes much easier on you If you say you are setting a wedding date, it will go very easy on you. Chances are you will not even be disfellowshipped.

With Travis putting his membership in jeopardy if he has sex with JA again, that clearly points to JA's motive to fake a sex scene to go with the phone sex in order to blackmail TA into silence. At this point, she knows she will not remain his girlfriend or his dirty little secret because he is not going to give up his membership for her--no way. That would ruin him at PPL as well. And his ability to sell a book would be nil. An excommunicated person sometimes can't even get work in Utah and some parts of Idaho and Arizona.

Her only chance to continue to prey on Mormon men and meet wealthy ones who don't know her low class morals and social status, is to silence Travis. He foolishly has threatened to expose her to all their friends for the things she has done and the stalking, etc. He knows she is a sociopath but somehow does not know they are DANGEROUS. If he follows through with his threat, she is back to living off tips in her grandmother's extra bedroom.

This is why he had to die. He refused to be silenced and she knew one foolproof way to maintain her ability to continue the Mormon/PPL goldmine she discovered and that was to kill him.

I am sure jealousy was a factor but survival as a female bombshell predator feeding on these virginal returned missionaries was paramount, imo.

Why does the detective sit at the table with JM? That's not common in other states is it?

This is the third trial in Maricopa County I have watched this past year and the case agent sat with the prosecutors in all three trials.

I don't have that jealousy bone in my body either. I have become enraged on one occasion and slapped a woman who was being cutesy with my ex husband, but as he ignored her, she started being cruel to him (and she was drunk, I wasn't and neither was he). I don't tolerate stupid very well!

Well even the most unjealous people have legitimate reactions to a situation. believe me, if I were to react to a woman, there would be a damn good reason why. So to me, sounds like the woman deserved it. I know if I had a reaction to a woman and Mr Swamp told his family and friends about it, they would take MY side, saying that they know me and if a person set me off, then there must have been a reason.

I'm so easy going that I am friends with Mr. Swamp's exwife aka my "wife-in-law". I like her.I could care less that they were married long ago or whatever happened between them, that is the past.

They have adult children and grandchildren in common. She is happily married and could care less about him. Our friendship is because we both love the kids and grandkids. We both love them and want the best for them so there is nothing for us to fight over.

I wouldn't have liked Jodi. She would NOT have been welcome in our circle. She seems to be seductive with men and likes to divide and conquer and play games and has no loyalty to female friends, she is a man hunter.

HLN playing the razor nicking wrist testimony right now.

I :lol: every time I hear her nonsense!

Hi JayB12. It too hits home for me, as I grew up in Newtown. Lived there for 21 years and my Mom still lives there in our family home. It was the most amazing place to grow up. I can truly say that my childhood is exactly the kind that most wish to have. A quiet, friendly, safe and sweet little town to grow up in. To explain the depths of my sadness for what happened 3 months ago is just not possible. I have been back there since and there is tremendous pain that will take a very long time to heal.

I know it's not the right forum for this discussion, so I'll hold back my feelings and commentary about guns, the mother, etc. They are pretty raw and angry.

I just wanted to say hello, and I'm sorry for the pain that you and all of America feels about this.

I enjoy reading these forums, not only for the common interest in law/crime investigation, but also because I think that most of the posters here are very intelligent and have interesting things to say.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend, filled with love :)

Had the family stayed put, this tragedy could have easily happened in my hometown. When I was growing up, the town had about 5,500 people, very rural and we had a regional school system. The elementary school I attended could have been Sandy Hook. I knew Nancy's brother, Jimmy, more than her...she was a bit older. Still, the pain caused by that tragedy is so hard to describe. I feel so badly for those who lost their little kids. Senseless and evil.

My understanding is that she contacted the bishop IN ARIZONA after she had moved to Yreka and after Travis was murdered, for the purpose of finding out what he knew.

She would never have gone to the bishop and confessed while Travis was still alive because her bishop would then have promptly contacted Travis' bishop and Travis would be called in.

The fact that Travis went to his bishop and confessed after JA moved back to Yreka means that he 1)promised not to see her again, and 2) was put on probation (possibly disfellowshipped which means can't receive communion or bless people)...but he wasn't excommunicated because he came forth voluntarily. If he sinned again, he would certainly be excommunicated unless there were mitigating circumstances (such as being tied up and forced).

We see this in his behavior when he did not follow through on his plans to visit JA in Yreka. He was sincere in his repentance.

When you understand that Jodi might not have known Travis had been to his bishop, you begin to see how the motive was accelerated for the murder. She shows up and he rejects her sexual advances. Over the following hours she learns that Mimi Hall has replaced her on the Cancun trip. She already knows he wants to get married but perhaps thinks the secret travels/sexcapades are going to continue regardless-- until she finds out he has been to the bishop without telling her.

In Mormon culture, it is considered a betrayal to go to the bishop and confess without giving your partner the opportunity to do the same thing concurrently, and thereby avoiding a perpetrator/victim view of the fornication. If you each go to your separate bishops at the same time, or both go to one bishop, it goes much easier on you If you say you are setting a wedding date, it will go very easy on you. Chances are you will not even be disfellowshipped.

With Travis putting his membership in jeopardy if he has sex with JA again, that clearly points to JA's motive to fake a sex scene to go with the phone sex in order to blackmail TA into silence. At this point, she knows she will not remain his girlfriend or his dirty little secret because he is not going to give up his membership for her--no way. That would ruin him at PPL as well. And his ability to sell a book would be nil. An excommunicated person sometimes can't even get work in Utah and some parts of Idaho and Arizona.

Her only chance to continue to prey on Mormon men and meet wealthy ones who don't know her low class morals and social status, is to silence Travis. He foolishly has threatened to expose her to all their friends for the things she has done and the stalking, etc. He knows she is a sociopath but somehow does not know they are DANGEROUS. If he follows through with his threat, she is back to living off tips in her grandmother's extra bedroom.

This is why he had to die. He refused to be silenced and she knew one foolproof way to maintain her ability to continue the Mormon/PPL goldmine she discovered and that was to kill him.

I am sure jealousy was a factor but survival as a female bombshell predator feeding on these virginal returned missionaries was paramount, imo.

Well, that certainly makes a lot more sense.

Well even the most unjealous people have legitimate reactions to a situation. believe me, if I were to react to a woman, there would be a damn good reason why. So to me, sounds like the woman deserved it. I know if I had a reaction to a woman and Mr Swamp told his family and friends about it, they would take MY side, saying that they know me and if a person set me off, then there must have been a reason.

I'm so easy going that I am friends with Mr. Swamp's exwife aka my "wife-in-law". I like her.I could care less that they were married long ago or whatever happened between them, that is the past.

They have adult children and grandchildren in common. She is happily married and could care less about him. Our friendship is because we both love the kids and grandkids. We both love them and want the best for them so there is nothing for us to fight over.

I wouldn't have liked Jodi. She would NOT have been welcome in our circle. She seems to be seductive with men and likes to divide and conquer and play games and has no loyalty to female friends, she is a man hunter.

I have a hard time with stupid too.

My parents, my ex-inlaws and my ex-husband's wife have lunch once a week.
How weird is that. They all share the same children/grand-children. People ask me if it bothers me and I say no. I am glad they all like each other - makes my life easier.

Originally Posted by Trials R Us
Jodi still thinking she's the puppet master, did you guys see her head shake/jerk to call over the mitigation lady?

At the very end 57:05

http://youtu.be/e_ZunfzhpAY

Good catch ..and the expression on the mitigation lady was like .."Who knew" LOL

HLN playing the razor nicking wrist testimony right now.

I :lol: every time I hear her nonsense!

I know! I'm like you stabbed him about 29 times, slit his throat, and shot him- and supposedly got abused by him and your parents- but you couldn't hang with a papercut (her words) when you wanted to die. Suicidal people either do it or talk about it right after- not years later when their life is on the line.

I have a hard time with stupid too.

My parents, my ex-inlaws and my ex-husband's wife have lunch once a week.
How weird is that. They all share the same children/grand-children. People ask me if it bothers me and I say no. I am glad they all like each other - makes my life easier.

I had an ex-GF stay in touch with my parents, sister and her husband for about 10 years after we broke up. She would invite them to dinner, see them around town, etc. It was a bit odd and I didn't feel like she was stalking or anything. She just truly developed a good relationship with my family while we dated.

IMO the media is taking this out of context. This one juror may be waiting for a ride, and this is just the most convenient place to wait. If he was questioned just an hour earlier about his sitting out there it is my guess that he was questioned and the courts saw nothing inappropriate about his sitting there possibly waiting for a ride. If there was any concern I am sure the judge would of told him that it is a no no and told him not to do it anymore. If he is doing what the courts say and not watching media he probably doesn't even know what he is doing is being talked about. To me the media is making this juror out to be doing wrong, and that is what infuriates me. The jurors have sacraficed alot for this trial, and to jump to conclusions about why he is sitting there without knowing the why is not fair to him.

I think Nurmi should be sanctioned for putting forth such a frivolous motion! He was made to look a fool, imo.

The sex tape being played on HLN... Jodi sounds so phony in that tape.
:waitasec: What happened to that voice she had? Remember the one on 48 hours? Has she EVER talked that way on the stand?
I mean I know it was fake but why not continue it?

better yet as far as Jodi is concerned why even ask why!
ITA, I showed my husband ALV's chart of abuse. We were both laughing and recalling the early years of our marriage. It was pretty intense and passionate fights, some mild physical shoving, etc.

We love each other intensely and fought intensely. Now we're old and we talk things out or we agree to disagree. I think in the early years, the 700 sq. ft. apartment (including the balcony & storage space) didn't help either! LOL
Did anyone get a screen shot or is it available online?
What did she call it? Not the cycle of abuse but the one with columns.
Your post reminded me how I felt after testimony wrapped up yesterday. lol. I mean, she just so easily slipped into putting Travis to the role of abuser and Jodi as abused even though she described childhoods that were both bad.

I want her to be asked about Jodi hitting her mom for no reason and if that points to Jodi growing up to be an abuser instead of abused.
I want her to be asked how at 28 yrs of age knowing she kicked her own Mother in April of 2008 she can even allude to JA being a victim!
She clearly was "the abuser" 6 weeks prior to his murder.
Forgive me if this has been discussed, but why is there a discrepancy as to number of stabs poor Travis endured? I've heard from 27 to 29. Is it because the medical examiner was unable to establish an accurate count? Are they excluding the horrific neck slicing from the stab count?

And also, I hate Jodi.
I guess the difference is what your definition of "stab" is. A couple of wounds were described as defensive. So defense may object to them being called "stab" wounds. Just guessing here. That is the only difference I have heard so far. jmo
*** I think the defense wounds are not classified as stab wounds also.
Carried over from previous thread:

It was DB's house that she had to return the remote to the DVR to - per her testimony. Let us not forget that a DVR was stolen in the "burglary" the previous week. I suspect she sold the DVR to DB to help fund her trip. I've thought so since I first heard about it.
The DVR was listed on the police report as having a $40 value.
Why would DB need to buy a "hot" DVR from JA?
I could see him just giving her some $ but why just randomly buy a
from an x girlfriend out of the blue?

I do think the DVR is a KEY component here.
I think that JA DID give it to someone to "hang on to"
I also think that (perhaps) at some time while she lived in AZ
and was stalking Travis that she very well may have
bugged his home/bedroom without his knowledge.

That is just a feeling I have though.
She needed the DVR and the gun both. IMO
She also took a radio of some sort. I don't know if it had a
CD or cassette player in it. That may have also have been
something JA needed.

JM mentioned her making a You Tube account on May 29 2008
didn't he?

JMHO~ she composed some sort of something, placed/burned it on
a CD or a DVD and made her way to Mesa AZ to show it to Travis
and/or Mimi.

This IMO is the CD cover Travis "threw" at her.
PD has forensics from Travis's computer.

JODI was the person on it at 4:00 on June 4th

All just me trying to make sense of the robbery at grandpas.
She took the items she needed to do ?something? prior to
visiting Travis.

I also think MM assisted her with some type of audio/visual stuff.

:moo::moo::moo:

This is why this trial is fascinating to me. Thank you for explaining what I could have never known.

And interesting that weird guy followed us to lunch the day before (with Katie I mean)..taking all kinds of pics of us all and trying to eavesdrop. No one had ever seen him there before. And he just followed us like he was part of the group.

I think I'll show up and follow him around -- invite myself to sit at his lunch table, stick my face in his camera shots, regale him with tales of my Great Aunt Bea and how she loves to watch trials too... you get the picture. :floorlaugh:

When he said that he said something like I never used to {masturbate} before, now I do it like 7 or 8 times a day. I took that to mean he generally didn't masturbate, not literally never had masturbated. I find it very very very unlikely he had never masturbated at his age. I think some folks want to take it as a sign he was a virgin and thereby vilify JA even more. It is very unlikely he was a virgin or had never masturbated. It does not change what JA did or how evil she is.

I thought it sounded like he has probably masturbated before, but he became sexually compulsive after he met Jodi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy