MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - Body found encased in concrete - #7

“I would say absolutely we are closer,” he said.
“The public is not in danger from this person or persons.”

-------------------------------------

Although he did not use the word “suspect,” Sheriff Crutchfield said that the focus of the ongoing investigation has narrowed.
In his most candid public comments since the incident, the sheriff said that the community is not in danger from the person or persons he believes may be involved with the crime.
That may mean the killer, believed to be a local person, is in prison or that he or she is dead or disabled.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2012...closer-arrest-nevaeh-killing/?police-and-fire

Or it could mean that the killer is close to Neveah and would not have motive to kill another child.
I can understand the grandmother defending the mother... because the grandmother gave Naveah back.
If Naveah's mother has something to do with her death... then obviously grandma will likely blame herself. :twocents:

Also.... would you retire as Sheriff if you were "close" to an arrest in this case, without actually making an arrest in it?
If he really believes it's almost solved, I think it'll be solved before he leaves office.
If he leaves office without it solved... that will make me worry that they are not as close as implied. :twocents:

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2012/may/05/sheriff-crutchfield-announces-retirement/

Saw a little girl over the weekend at an amusement park. Her grandmother called to her "Nevaeh" and I asked if it was spelled "heaven" backwards. It was, and I thought of our Neveah. I pray for justice in the case of this poor little girl who is gone too soon.
Somebody knows something......please do the right thing.

To follow up, here is something from Crutchfield (from Monroe News)... they KNOW who did it. They just cannot prove it yet.

The man who doesn’t smoke, drink or swear certainly gets angry, but he doesn’t lose his temper. Because, he says, when you lose your temper, you lose control. And he insists on control.
“When you get excited, you make mistakes,” Sheriff Crutchfield said. “You just have to focus.”
That focus has been on public display often during his tenure and might be misconstrued by some as uncaring. But, in addition to his family, he cares deeply about the community where he was born and raised. And when something horrific occurs, such as the Nevaeh Buchanan murder, it bothers him. In 2009, the 5-year-old girl was kidnapped, murdered and buried in a shallow grave. The sheriff came across in public as stoic, but he was troubled.
“It was very personal,” he said. “She was a child of our community. Certainly it was tragic.”
Sheriff Crutchfield maintains that he is confident he knows who the killer is and was hoping an arrest would be made before he left office. However, he said investigators still are developing information.
“We know who the perpetrator is,” Sheriff Crutchfield said. “I thought we could have resolved this before the end of the year.”
The sheriff insists if an arrest is made, it would not be to end his career with a bang. He said that the case has taken so long to resolve because he wants to make certain that a conviction follows the arrest.
We never quit,” he said.
http://www.monroenews.com/news/2012/dec/31/cool-calm-crutchfield-hangs-sheriffs-hat/

That must be torture to KNOW who did it and still not have enough hard evidence to charge them.

Prayers to the LE and I hope you find the answers you're looking for so justice can be served. RIP Nevaeh.

Later this month will mark four years since Neveah was kidnapped and murderd. It was one year ago that Sheriff Crutchfield said they were closing in on the suspect. So we wait...

Later this month will mark four years since Neveah was kidnapped and murderd. It was one year ago that Sheriff Crutchfield said they were closing in on the suspect. So we wait...

Well, I HOPE that whoever it is sits in jail for something else. Who's to say they won't hurt another child otherwise.

Still waiting to see justice for Nevaeh. We haven't forgotten you, little one!

Monroe marks 4 years since disappearance of Nevaeh, 5

Friday, May 24, 2013

BY MARK REITER
BLADE STAFF WRITER

The Blade - Toledo, OH

MONROE — It was four years ago today that 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan was snatched during broad daylight outside her home at the Charlotte Arms apartments.

She was last seen alive in the parking lot, riding a scooter and playing with friends in the complex’s parking lot on a Sunday evening.

Quarries, woods, and ditches were combed in an exhaustive search. Ten days later, the rambunctious, dark-eyed little girl who loved motorcycles and SpongeBob SquarePants was found buried in a shallow grave along the River Raisin.

Read more:

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...-4-years-since-disappearance-of-Nevaeh-5.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back