General Discussions #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
chicoliving said:
Personal, purposeful..........not an overkill or rage style that is often associated with domestic violence murders from stabbing.
I agree.

...hallmarks of a PERSONAL and NOT a random crime, Rooster, I am curious as to why you think it could be the result of a robbery gone bad...The few things that this young couple had that were worth stealing would have pretty much been limited to the VX and its accessories. Someone is probably not going to break in and go nutz over cheap furniture and baby clothes...

LE has not said anything was taken; there seems to be nothing taken in the way of vehicles/accessories...If things were taken, LE would have prolly made that public in some way, not as to specifics, but that the murder occurred DURING THE COURSE OF A HOME INVASION/ROBBERY...

lauriej said:
MY problem, now that we know there were ONLY 3 stab wounds.....hand ( in defense most likely ) shoulder( while trying to run/escape possibly)...and then the fatal ONE stab to the chest...
How do we know that there were only 3 stab wounds.....LE has not released this information, right?. If this information came from Raven or someone he told, do we really believe it?

...he indicated that he and some other posters have all gotten the same (reliable) PM indicating such, I believe...

cappuccina said:
...hallmarks of a PERSONAL and NOT a random crime, Rooster, I am curious as to why you think it could be the result of a robbery gone bad...The few things that this young couple had that were worth stealing would have pretty much limited to the VX and its accessories. Someone is probably not going to break in and go nutz over cheap furniture and baby clothes...

LE has not said anything was taken; there seems to be nothing taken in the way of vehicles/accessories...If things were taken, LE would have prolly made that public in some way, not as to specifics, but that the murder occurred DURING THE COURSE OF A HOME INVASION/ROBBERY...
They might have had more than just cheep furniture and baby clothes....:clap: They had a lap-top computer. It's been said that the area in Durham that they lived in, has a high crime/murder/drug rate. Maybe someone was needing some drug money. Possibly...someone wanted to grab something small, quick easy to grab. Sell it or trade it for drugs. Maybe someone who is desperate for drugs would do anything to get them.
I don't know what happened. But there are plenty of possibility's

Rooster said:
They might have had more than just cheep furniture and baby clothes....:clap: They had a lap-top computer. It's been said that the area in Durham that they lived in, has a high crime/murder/drug rate. Maybe someone was needing some drug money. Possibly...someone wanted to grab something small, quick easy to grab. Sell it or trade it for drugs. Maybe someone who is desperate for drugs would do anything to get them.
I don't know what happened. But there are plenty of possibility's
Uhhhh, if any of those possibilities happened, then this would be a random murder.....

You are correct that Raven is innocent until proven guilty, but let's at least try and come up with some real possibilities!

cappuccina said:
...he indicated that he and some other posters have all gotten the same (reliable) PM indicating such, I believe...
My only concern with this information is that all of the reliable PMs received their information from Raven's friends or relatives who received it from Raven.

ewwwinteresting said:
Uhhhh, if any of those possibilities happened, then this would be a random murder.....

You are correct that Raven is innocent until proven guilty, but let's at least try and come up with some real possibilities!
Which one is not possible?

Rooster said:
Which one is not possible?
Which one is and have it not be a random murder?

Random:lacking a definite plan, purpose, or pattern. If LE stated this was NOT
a random crime, then the person who did this had the definite purpose of killing Janet Abaroa (not stealing for drugs or whatever)....unless, of course, you know something LE doesn't???

NCBanker said:
I'm the one that stated this a week or two ago. The fact at that time was that LE had no physical evidence pointing toward Raven. As for the source, I don't need confirmation. It's solid.

I know we all hate that, because the circumstantial evidence screams Raven's name. Additionally, that status from a few weeks ago could have changed, and he may now be of interest. But at the time that I stated that, he was NOT a serious POI, because there was nothing physical to implicate him.

NCBanker, I didn't mean to doubt your source, I just pointed out that we have not confirmed the information.

There is a big difference between credible and confirmed. I don't consider information confirmed until I hear it from multiple sources.

A good example is the report we received of violence and poor sportsmanship displayed by Raven. I felt that the original information was credible, but did not move it over to the confirmed pile until we heard from numerous sources that Raven did display poor sportsmanship and had an explosive temper.

Sometimes, even sources that you feel are credible do get stuff wrong. Example being the shoes, after much pms, back and forth, and all from very creditable sources I believe that both Janet and Raven had the silly soccer shoes and those on the porch we're Ravens.

Can I just say how happy I was to see that there was some more news coverage on this? That really made my morning.

Hats off to us, huh?:clap: Or really, golfmom!

golfmom said:
Hoppy, would it change your opinion if you knew that the crime scene post that you are referring to has not been confirmed?
What I posted before were some theories that I hoped others would respond to. At this point, I can't say I have an opinion. There are so many unknowns.

LE's silence---shoot, *everyone's* silence (except here :))--really has me stymied.

A few minutes ago when I was still in bed I was thinking about the 911 call/calls. Doesn't sometimes LE release the 911 calls? Releasing it/them could shed a lot of light on this case. Does someone have to petition under the FIA for them to be released or what?

Hoppy

lauriej said:
............welcome to WS.....the more the merrier!

......your theories, both 1 and 2 have been discussed.........and could very well be ..........

..MY problem, now that we know there were ONLY 3 stab wounds.....hand ( in defense most likely ) shoulder( while trying to run/escape possibly)
...and then the fatal ONE stab to the chest...

...i can't imagine someone ( theory 2 ) going there to kill raven.....but encounters janet.....she asks, "may i help you......come on in...." and they then deliver a single plunge killing her.....( i just don't fathom that..)

...in real life, a stabbing takes GUTS....a 'retribution' killing to me would indicate numerous stabbings.....over and over ...THIS particular killer did it with a single fatal deep jab to the heart...........it's very personal.....
Yes, I definitely agree about the personal part.

Thanks for the welcome :cool:

Hoppy

Jenifred said:
Can I just say how happy I was to see that there was some more news coverage on this? That really made my morning.

Hats off to us, huh?:clap: Or really, golfmom!

Link?

Hoppy

hoppyfrog said:
A few minutes ago when I was still in bed I was thinking about the 911 call/calls. Doesn't sometimes LE release the 911 calls? Releasing it/them could shed a lot of light on this case. Does someone have to petition under the FIA for them to be released or what?

Hoppy

Sigh ... that and TOD and soccer info would go a long way.

hoppyfrog said:
Interesting question........how can 911 calls be made public, or can they?

ewwwinteresting said:
Interesting question........how can 911 calls be made public, or can they?

I think it's tough to get the freedom of information act stuff when there is an open and active investigation. LE doesn't normally release this information unless they have too. Sound like they don't in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie