General Discussions #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
golfmom said:
LE doesn't normally release this information unless they have too. Sound like they don't in this case.
Actually, it doesn't sound like LE needs to release anything in this case.....so, we should be hearing the name of the person arrested for the murder of Janet Abaroa very shortly??

ewwwinteresting said:
Actually, it doesn't sound like LE needs to release anything in this case.....so, we should be hearing the name of the person arrested for the murder of Janet Abaroa very shortly??

:waitasec: That's what I thought 3 weeks ago . . .

ewwwinteresting said:
Right, and I think I just saw a pig fly by the window......:D

Well I guess I'll have to make a second trip over there to confirm!

golfmom said:
Sometimes, even sources that you feel are credible do get stuff wrong. Example being the shoes, after much pms, back and forth, and all from very creditable sources I believe that both Janet and Raven had the silly soccer shoes and those on the porch we're Ravens.

NCBanker said:
In addition to a fellow sleuther's comments earlier about pick-up games, they are also simply a small group of people playing that eventually gets larger and larger as the game progresses due to "picking-up" additional players who have wandered in.

It is highly possible that Raven simply went looking for a pick-up game, noticed a group of people at a school soccer field and jumped in.
FWIW, we have scheduled pick-up games in my area for a lot of sports. I know that scheduling pick-up games sounds a bit contradictory but what it means is this: every Saturday at 1 P.M., there is a pick-up softball game at the playground. Anyone is welcomed to show up, and they will be allowed to play until the maximum number of players is reached. Sometimes it is the same players week after week. Sometimes it differs from week to week. But it is always on Saturday at 1 P.M., and whomever can show up shows up. In this case, pick-up just means that there is no set roster but there are set games.

So pick-up games can be scheduled or not scheduled; verifiable or not verifiable.

ewwwinteresting said:
I believed it was MissYouJanet that posted that Raven’s family supposedly really loved Janet....so where are they? The only posting we have is from Raven’s brother who wrote a poem about Janet playing shuffleboard in the sky with the angels or something like that!
Two Abaroas were pallbearers for Janet's funeral, correct? I believe that one of them was Derek (or Derrecke), the brother that wrote the song/poem.

misterallgood said:
The following comment was posted to my blog on the entry titled The Murder of Janet Abaroa... On the Record. The person signed themselves "SeekingJustice."

I worked with both of the Abaroas. Very closely with Raven moreso than Janet. Raven was very controlling. He had a certain karma about him that just made you feel uneasy around him. He infact DID have a laptop b/c he brought it to work with him all the time...
I meant to post this before but forgot. Perhaps it's mentioned later in this thread. Someone had also pointed out that Raven had his PDA in his hand at Janet's graduation, (although what in the world would he need it for there?) It seems that Raven traveled with his computer(s) - I don't know this to be fact but it seems that way from what we've learned about him. If so, the computer wouldn't have been at the house to BE stolen that night. Did Janet have jewelry? Was it out in the open? Was it taken? Was it disturbed?​

lauriej said:
...MY problem, now that we know there were ONLY 3 stab wounds.....hand ( in defense most likely ) shoulder( while trying to run/escape possibly)
...and then the fatal ONE stab to the chest...
It has not been verified by LE or the media, however, that there were only 3 stab wounds.

Rooster said:
They might have had more than just cheep furniture and baby clothes....:clap: They had a lap-top computer. It's been said that the area in Durham that they lived in, has a high crime/murder/drug rate. Maybe someone was needing some drug money. Possibly...someone wanted to grab something small, quick easy to grab. Sell it or trade it for drugs. Maybe someone who is desperate for drugs would do anything to get them.
I don't know what happened. But there are plenty of possibility's
It was stated that in general Durham was high crime. Not their neighborhood.

Rooster said:
They might have had more than just cheep furniture and baby clothes....:clap: They had a lap-top computer. It's been said that the area in Durham that they lived in, has a high crime/murder/drug rate. Maybe someone was needing some drug money. Possibly...someone wanted to grab something small, quick easy to grab. Sell it or trade it for drugs. Maybe someone who is desperate for drugs would do anything to get them.
We've been told that this is a fairly nice, fairly expensive neighborhood. Why would someone go to the one rental property on the block (that seems to be MUCH less visible than some others), pick the Abaroa's home at random during the hours of the day when people are typically still awake, and steal ONLY a laptop that contains information that seems very damning to Raven? If Raven didn't do this, he sure is lucky that the one item that the burglar decided to steal was that computer. Nevermind the perp had to go upstairs to get it when he could have just grabbed a tv or a stereo or a purse, etc., from the first floor of the house. Quite a daring robbery for that time of the evening, IMO.

Rooster said:
Which one (theory) is not possible?
Any theory that goes against LE's assertion that this was not random and that the public is not in any danger.

golfmom said:
I think it's tough to get the freedom of information act stuff when there is an open and active investigation. LE doesn't normally release this information unless they have too. Sound like they don't in this case.
You know what? That's an excellent point! Take the Groene family murders in Idaho, for example. They didn't release much information at first. Then after the first week, we started to hear something. A week later, they gave us a little more. And so on. The reason that they are giving us a little at a time is to try to generate the tips they need to find the murderer, (while still keeping enough to themselves to know when they've found the real perp). So they release only a tiny bit at a time and only when one lead that they've been following starts to run dry.

If LE hasn't given us anything, maybe they haven't run dry yet! They're possibly still following their first lead!

Again, golfmom ... excellent point!!!

Rooster said:
don't most robbers rob late at night? Janet was murdered before 10:30pm
It is believed Janet was emailing or instant messaging co-workers that evening, so the lights were most likely on.... I would think.

The traditional burglar is not interested in violence, he/she is interested only in taking someone else's possessions. When is the best time to take others' possessions? When they aren't home or when they're asleep. Many burglars who are prompted into violence do so when they think no one is at home and it turns out someone is... which is just a bad job of "casing the joint" on their part. In this case, due to the relatively early time of the crime and that there were probably vehicles in the driveway and lights on in the house all go to negate the possibility that this was a burglary. Burglars aren't interested in trouble.

Roddick said:
The traditional burglar is not interested in violence, he/she is interested only in taking someone else's possessions. When is the best time to take others' possessions? When they aren't home or when they're asleep. Many burglars who are prompted into violence do so when they think no one is at home and it turns out someone is... which is just a bad job of "casing the joint" on their part. In this case, due to the relatively early time of the crime and that there were probably vehicles in the driveway and lights on in the house all go to negate the possibility that this was a burglary. Burglars aren't interested in trouble.
Maybe Janet was asleep. Maybe she put Kaiden to bed and went to bed herself. You get realy tired with a small infant in the house. When the baby's asleep, alot of times, so is mom.

She might of woken up when she heard someone in the office.

Rooster said:
Maybe Janet was asleep. Maybe she put Kaiden to bed and went to bed herself. You get realy tired with a small infant in the house. When the baby's asleep, alot of times, so is mom.

She might of woken up when she heard someone in the office.
Hi Rooster,

Are you saying she was stabbed in the office? We thought it was a bedroom.

Moxie

NCBanker said:
Well I guess I'll have to make a second trip over there to confirm!

Do the boot scooting and try on those shoes, Banker. :)
Oh, and if you are a bit sentimental, might you take some simple flowers or something suitable as a little memorial for Janet? It could be left at the driveway entrance where the address sign is.

MAYBE then the neighbors would reember her, maybe then they might come forward with a remembered piece of this puzzle.
Just a thought...
Thanks for what you have done. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members