2010.07.01 Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get outta my head! I've been sitting here asking myself....what birthmark on his forehead? :waitasec:

I've looked at all the pics of him I have saved on my computer. In some of them he's younger; in some he's excited. I don't see a birthmark. Wouldn't someone on here have noticed it?

I'm confused (the biggest understatement right now). Why would Desiree and Kaine wait until Terri got herself the biggest hotshot lawyer to tell her she needs to start speaking up about Kyron? If they were so suspicious of her, why did they not demand answers from her when she was there amongst them? What changed?
What is causing them to think Kyron is alive somewhere after 3+ weeks (without telling the public about very important info r.e. Kyron's health and identification marks).

Behind the scene, they probably did. I don't think they were as united as they lead everyone to believe.

I certainly don't buy that everything happened just within the last few days. This has been an ongoing process that culminated with Kaine finally taking the drastic measures we saw recently.

That said, I still don't know what to think about Terri. If something happened, I think it was an accident and she needs to fess up. I don't think they really believe our little guy is still alive. It's a guilt trip they are taking Terri on in hopes she will break down and confess.

K.

Just a thought.

Perhaps Terri rented a storage unit and put kyron in it.

She would pass a lie detector test on the question of killing him but not on having to do with where he is. That may be why they think he is still alive.

Here in NJ an executive was kidnapped years ago. The couple that kidnapped him put him in a storage unit until they could collect the ransom. He died in there.

Well there goes a new nightmare for me.
It is quite possible that she has him "stashed" someone where. I just don't know what to think about it.

It could be that everything we're hearing about today (statement saying that K is still alive, urging TH to cooperate, etc.) is the response to what may have gone down in the H home over the weekend, precipitating KH moving out with baby K & filing for divorce & TRO.

For instance (hypothetically speaking): TH may have inadvertently revealed some things to KH in private, that led to his recent legal actions, that also led to Monday's statement by KH, DY, & TY, and that ultimately led to today's press statement, in which it was said the family believes K is still alive.

Yes they should They should be on KYRON'S team IMO and ONLY Kyrons team right now. Air the Dirty Laundry after the baby has been found. MOO

We have a free press in this nation and what one person may feel is 'dirty laundry' another person might see as being an advocate for Kyron in terms of trying to solve his disappearance. And regardless of how anyone feels about it or sees it, it is still a Constitutional freedom of press issue.

Yea, I think it somehow has to do with Terri hiring the big guns attorney yesterday. Do they think she's hiding behind her attorney, or are they feeling something else - such as jealousy or more importantly: a loss of control over Terri.

Because after all, nothing new was gained today except his birthmark and allergy to bees. And their show of control!

BBM

100% agree - IMO a loss of control over Terri seems to have brought out an even greater need for control in Kaine. moo mho

Did I get this right? They don't want the daily state paper....to publish anymore news from them? I so could not care less what news media published about me even if it was pure gossip if my child were missing. I simply would not have the time, the extra emotion, strength it would take to even care what they said about me. All I would care is that they are keeping my child in everyone's mind. I remember Danielle Van Dam case and what the media put them through and the mother didn't care who knew what about her personal life...she just wanted her daughter home. Her reactions were something I can/could relate to. Not this. JMO

BBM

Very true. The Van Dam case is a good example of keeping the focus on the missing child. In this case, I believe they have confused the public too much. It's starting to feel like a hoax, and Kyron is beside the point of something else.

When the biological parents gave interviews last week, they specifically mentioned that Kyron could not see well without his glasses. While I don't think the public needs to know about the medical issues of a child, knowing that Kyron had a birthmark and allergy to bees would have been helpful in identifying the missing boy. I wonder if Kyron needed an Epipen or other allergy medication for the bee stings? I feel that the parents were remiss in making this vital information known. jmo

I've looked at all the pics of him I have saved on my computer. In some of them he's younger; in some he's excited. I don't see a birthmark. Wouldn't someone on here have noticed it?

There were a few baby pics somewhere. I did not save them and now I cannot find them.

I am quite confuzzled. It just pooped in my head ( my typo and I am leaving it) that there just might be chance that this was all about control over Terri from the beginning. Hmmm there is alot more here than meets the eye. I could come up with a whole conspiracy theory that is just as odd as what I have seen in the past month.

Is there a slim chance that this has all been orchestrated by someone else????

This sounds more believable to me, than that TH did it ALL on her own. I buy this or the ransom thing first!

My theory is that the Oregonian will go out there with new inspiration to dig, dig dig. TH's atty knows he needs them. The Oregonian drives Oregon news like it or not, Kaine.
Gloves are off. "There will be blood."

imho

I concur, and that will be very very sad for the family. They were very very foolish.

They have a completely misguided sense of how to utilize the assets of the media, and instead have come off as small, vindictive, and mean spirited.

Instead of engendering sympathy and support for thier cause, they have stabbed themselves in the proverbial foot.

Shameful.

Poor Kyron.

People... my gosh.

STRATEGY. Dad, mom, and step-dad are not pulling these moves out of thin air. They are not pulling the strings regarding the media (following the coverage, writing on chat boards). They are under the guidance of LE, who knows what's going on and are doing the job... which includes keeping the details of the investigation under wraps, but to the chagrin of folks on WS.

There's a *message* in both the form (who was there, what was around, where it was held) and content of today's event (the statement, more humanizing info. shared [as they did in the joint interview last week]).

I agree with other posters: the entire event was directed at the SM by LE investigators... as the step-dad would well understand.

If this is true, how do we explain 2 large media outlets getting kicked out?

Seeing WW is one of them kicked out I wouldn't take much of what they are saying as " given truth" He could of very well said them things maybe he didn't We was not there so who knows. But seeing they was one kicked out I'm sure they are not going to be all perfect in what they post now. IMO

I confess I've only been skimming these threads the last several days. I keep thinking one day I'll log on & see he's been found !

Instead, I'm more confused by what I read everyday. I can't make sense of any of it. I feel so sad for Kyron though. He deserved so much better.

People... my gosh.

STRATEGY. Dad, mom, and step-dad are not pulling these moves out of thin air. They are not pulling the strings regarding the media (following the coverage, writing on chat boards). They are under the guidance of LE, who knows what's going on and are doing the job... which includes keeping the details of the investigation under wraps, but to the chagrin of folks on WS.

There's a *message* in both the form (who was there, what was around, where it was held) and content of today's event (the statement, more humanizing info. shared [as they did in the joint interview last week]).

I agree with other posters: the entire event was directed at the SM by LE investigators... as the step-dad would well understand.
all that being said (and yes, to answer your "my gosh" yes I have seen quite a few of these cases and realize the guidance they were not just 'most likely' but were reportedly under as per their delayed response after questions this morning),

again all that being said, where do you place this case with any other with (sorry for the term) part-time bio mom calling out the step mother of her missing child. The Step mother who her ex husband has recently filed for divorce and filed for a family child abuse prevention restraining order against (and taken her pride and joy.... her baby girl).

I don't see this case as an oh my gosh.. see the similtarities case at all! I have never seen something like this!

it is nuts!

Here's another thing about WW and the Oregonian being declared "not a team player". What have they posted that has harmed or hijacked the search for Kyron?

SBM.

Someone reported something too close to the truth. At least we know there is more than one newspaper in Oregon that is still capable of investigative journalism. (Digging the dirt.) I knew they would be angry with the Willamette Week, It was the Oregonian getting "booted" that surprised me.

If the press quits digging the people lose interest. I said this in the beginning, I don't care what the press dug up on me as long as my missing child's pic and story was still being shown in the media.

There are some people in this situation that have massive control issues. Makes people start taking a second look at somethings.:waitasec:

People... my gosh.

Where's the strategy in booting reporters, being team players ? Being allergic to bee stings....well that's kinda DA*NED important info to get out there, especially right at FIRST when no one's sure what the hello happened! Was it to put pressure on TH, I don't think so....there's already PLENTY of pressure. We have entered BIZZAR-O world my friends.

It probably doesn't help that the lady who manages the church is with them. Her reading comprehension skills suck and left that nasty message on the door for the Oregonian. Am I remembering correctly?

I think you're referring to the incident from June 13th:

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...erence-sheriff-calls-off-kyron-horman-search/

The note was posted in response to the Oregonian article that questioned the response time of the school and LE. I don't know how to imbed the image of the note, but the note read:

"Dear Oregonian:

Your implied criticism of law enforcement effort in this search is not the majority opinion by anyone we've talked to in this neighborhood.

Frankly, your Sunday article on the front page is .

Love,

The owner of this building
Removal of this notice gets media kicked off the property

(Stuart, we don't feel this way about you)"

------------

Actually, this note helped narrow some things down for me. The ONLY person I don't suspect at this point is Stuart. I am 100% certain that Stuart was not involved. IMO.

Was this just an unfortunate blunder by a desperate family? The WW stood on Terri's doorstep, made her come out with the baby, chatted about grass, and took pictures of her nut house welcome. Maybe, just maybe the WW deserved a slap.

Stepping back just a bit - Perhaps they just need professional help with the media. Perhaps they need an attorney for this criminal matter. (Not to defend them, but to guide them.) Frankly, I'm surprised no one is helping them... Maybe having LE officer in their family makes them a little overconfident on the do-it-yourself front?

I dunno. I'm still stunned & teh still hasn't brought me my smelling salts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10