The Victims

A Jennings citizen believes that her family member may be the 9th victim in the series of murders in Jennings. The link below leads to a short article but the video link to the right provides the full story:

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11040433

The eighth and most recent victim's information is included in this article:

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10977216

There is currently a film crew in Jennings working on a documentary of the eight victims. They are from Switzerland and are seeking to gain national and international interest in the unsolved murders. The link provided has more information:

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11083246

So often, when SK cases arise, our seemingly blood-thirsty public raises the killer to near god-like status, while relegating the victims to statistics, their manner of death used to prop up some sensationalized phrase. Few, if any, outside of loved ones and immediate communities, even know the victims' names, much less, know about them as humans. The families and community have come together to change this. Thanks to the editor of the Jennings Daily News, I was given the privilege to repost their first article in the series on the victims.

http://crimsonshadows.net/content/view/169/49/

The 8th victim, Guillory, had a childhood friend who said Guillory most likely knew all the other women. I found the info in an article googling came up in another forum.
Not sure if i am allowed to link it. The original article was in the towntalk, now the page can't be found so i have to paste the words..
TopGunner, if i can't can you delete or it tell me and i'll delete it?
"
Eighth victim -- Jenning woman's body found along Interstate 10 in South Louisiana
Gannett Louisiana News • August 21, 2009
JEFF DAVIS PARISH — The discovery of a murdered Jefferson Davis Parish woman's body discarded along Interstate 10 has left residents here experiencing some all too familiar feelings.

"It's scary," Lake Arthur resident Marion Bouler said. "I don't even like going to Jennings any more."

The body was found Wednesday near Egan between Crowley and Jennings and Jeff Davis Sheriff Ricky Edwards has identified the body as 26-year-old Necole Guillory. Bouler attended elementary school with Guillory and lives next door to where Guillory's family once lived.

Hers is the eighth in a string of mysterious deaths of young Jennings women since 2005.

A Multi-Agency Investigative Task Force made up of nine agencies, including the Jefferson Davis Parish Sheriff's Offices and the FBI are investigating what they call the "series of homicides of women who resided within Jennings."

Law officers are asking for public vigilance and requesting information about the murders.

"The offender is someone with significant ties to the Jennings and Jefferson Davis Parish area. He has demonstrated a strong familiarity with the area, and is someone known to residents there," Edwards said in the release. "The offender may have been seen in the area of Jennings where these young ladies disappeared from. He may have been, and perhaps is still frequenting the area."

Anyone with information about the murders can contact the Task Force at 824-6662.

Despite the outreach to the community, some say it is not enough.

Gail Brown, 22, is frustrated that police have not found a suspect in the murders. Her sister LaConia Shontel "Muggy" Brown's body was found doused in bleach in 2005 on a gravel road on the edge of Jennings' city limits.

"It just hurts," she said. "This is the eighth girl and they never found who killed Muggy."

The puzzling deaths began in May 2005 when fisherman discovered the body of 28-year-old Loretta Lynn Chaisson floating in the Grand Marais drainage canal a couple miles southwest of Jennings. After that, Ernestine Marie Daniel Patterson, 29; Kristen Elizabeth Gary Lopez, 21; Whitnei Charlene Dubois, 26; Brown, 23; Chrystal Shay Benoit, 24; and Brittney Gary, 17, were all found dead in rural areas of Jeff Davis Parish.

Gary's body was discovered on Nov. 15, 2008, nearly two weeks after she went missing.

"In reaction to heightened public awareness and intensive law enforcement investigation, the offender has changed his method of operation. For instance, the most recent victim's body was discarded off to the side of Interstate 10 in Acadia Parish," Sheriff Edwards said in a release. "Previous victims' bodies were discarded off to the side of smaller, rural roads."

Although all the dead women used drugs -- most commonly crack cocaine -- and sometimes traded sex for drugs, spent time in jail, knew each other and were disposed of in similar ways, authorities hesitate to say a serial killer is responsible for their deaths.

Guillory's childhood friend Bouler knew most of the victims and said Guillory likely knew all the women. She also lived a similar lifestyle.

Guillory was arrested and convicted of possession of crack cocaine in 2007 and served 20 months in prison for the crime, according to court documents.

She was released earlier this year and at the time of her death, she had a warrant for her arrest. She had violated probation by not keeping in contact with her probation officer.

She had a long list of arrests dating to 2001, including theft, burglary, aggravated assault, aggravated assault of a police officer, resisting arrest, possession of drug paraphernalia and simple criminal damage. Most of the cases were dismissed.

Although Guillory is last known to have lived in Jennings, she grew up in Lake Arthur and only attended school through seventh grade, according to court documents.

Guillory would have been 27 next week. Her last known address was in the Acadian Apartments in Jennings.

Darlene Daigle, a 14-year resident of the apartments, lived near Guillory's apartment. Daigle often sat outside and talked to Guillory, calling her "very outgoing."

Childhood friend Bouler agrees with Daigle.

"She was a very nice girl," she said. "I know these girls did drugs. I know. ... They do not deserve to be killed and something should have been done about this. Eight girls and nobody knows nothing."

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/2...EWS01/90821009

"In reaction to heightened public awareness and intensive law enforcement investigation, the offender has changed his method of operation. For instance, the most recent victim's body was discarded off to the side of Interstate 10 in Acadia Parish," Sheriff Edwards said in a release. "Previous victims' bodies were discarded off to the side of smaller, rural roads."
Qouting Sheriff Ricky Edwards here..

What if the serial killer hasn't changed his method, he's just reverted back to another method he's used of dumping his victims, and it's possible there is a lot more out there?

Kirk Menard (P.I.) has a video he released of Guillory walking in hopes someone would recognize her

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_edT4y29IXg"]YouTube - Surveillance video of Necole Guillory captured by Kirk Menard two months prior to her death[/ame]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally! Officials confirm serial killings. It's about time they open their eyes and said the words "serial killer" aloud!
http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20091029/NEWS01/910290326
"Officials investigating the deaths of eight Jefferson Davis Parish women called the murders the work of a serial killer for the first time Wednesday"

Why was the PI video taping this girl?

From what I remember, the article that went with this video said something of the sorts that this is a well-known crackhouse. I believe the PI was taping hotspots to try and link people to certain locations or something to that effect. Hope this helps :) It is hard to find old articles on KPLC's website.

The latest victim that I've come across
She was a person who frequented Jennings and Lake Arthur a lot

http://www.kplctv.com/global/story.asp?s=11575344

It seems they're dragging out the bodies away from jennings to take the heat off of that town, but they're only taking them 20-40 minutes away from j-town

and only into the outskirts of the parish/inside of the next parish over

There's a couple of other women not mentioned in here from other areas that frequented jennings.

jenningsla_murders.htm

FBI's Request for Information site on the Jennings victims...photos of all of them.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seekinfo/jenningsla_murders.htm

SueJay, I'm curious as to why Tracey Chaisson is considered a suspect. I wuz born & reared in north La and am only too familiar with the 'good ole boy' network way of doing things. Because of the lack of info on causes of death for the mothers, no arrests or even suspects for any of the victims, this smacks of it so it's not inconceivable that the perp might be law enforcement. As for the 'throat cuts', that area is known for it's deeply entrenched prejudicies against blacks (i.e. Colfax). Could be somebody's daddy got pissed at the mamas and daughters for BFF'ing colored girls or something. Hate to bring that up but it's entirely possible considering the area.... Speaking of, where are the brothers, fathers, and husbands of these women? Why aren't they kickin' up a huge stink that the killer(s) haven't been caught?

BTW, great sleuthing!!!

First 3 vitims found in CANALS.
Second 3 victims found on ROADS.
Victims 1, 2 and 6 associated with fast food facilities.
Mother of missing 7th presumed victim knew all victims, worked in fast food industry.
Both African American victims had throats slit.

News articles found in "Information" thread here state that "all were found with high levels of alcohol and cocaine in their system" and all were known to "trade sex for drugs". This was stated before Brittany was found, so she is not included in "all".

All were residents of the south side of Jennings. ( I assume this means south of the RR tracks.)

Only 2-3 have been classified as homicides. Assume that Ernestine Lewis and Laconia Brown are 2 so classified, since their throats were slit. No information on identity of 3rd homicide victim.

All except Laconia Brown were found in advanced stages of decomposition. None died where they were found.

Authorities suspect drug connection to all victims.

Ages: 17,21,23,24,26,29,30.

Dates of body discovery: 5/05; 6/05; 3/07; 5/07; 5/08; 9/08; 11/08.

Brittany would have been 13 when first victims, Loretta (29) and Ernestine (30), were murdered and 16 when her best friend Muggy (23) was murdered.

Wait...all except Laconia Brown were found in advanced stages of decomp?!How is that possible?!

1. Loretta Lewis: last seen 5/17/05 ~ body found in canal 5/20/05 (3 days)
2. Ernestine Patterson : last seen 6/16/05 ~ body found in canal 6/18/05 (2 days)
3. Whitnei Dubois: last seen 5/10/07~ body found at intersection 5/12/07 (2 days)

Either someone (LE, MSM) isn't using the term "advanced decomposition" correctly, or these dates are not right.

Do we know the name/names of the person/persons reported to last see these 3 women? Because something here is...well...off.

Another observation that stands out: the only 2 victims reported to have had their throats slit also happen to be the only 2 black victims? Do I have that right? Laconia Brown was doused in bleach...was Ernestine Brown also doused in bleach? How about any of the other victims? If not, then what's the significance of Laconia being doused in bleach? To conceal evidence that would connect her to her killer? Then why wasn't anyone else doused in bleach? Was there no obvious connection the killer/killers were worried about?

It's odd.

Wait...all except Laconia Brown were found in advanced stages of decomp?!How is that possible?!

2. Ernestine Patterson : last seen 6/16/05 ~ body found in canal 6/18/05 (2 days)
3. Whitnei Dubois: last seen 5/10/07~ body found at intersection 5/12/07 (2 days)

Either someone (LE, MSM) isn't using the term "advanced decomposition" correctly, or these dates are not right.

Do we know the name/names of the person/persons reported to last see these 3 women? Because something here is...well...off.

http://jdpkiller.wordpress.com/2011/10/24/jdp-violent-crimes-synopsis/#more-3033

WD was last seen by her mother late on the night of May 10 2007. Her mother said that (her mothers) medication was missing and WD was supposidly going to FRs home on McKinley street.

I'll see if I can find answers to your other questions Kat. So good to see you here!

Good point! Do we know what the source is for that? Any links? Even with the heat and humidity it would take longer than two days for advanced decomp.
A few of the victims were found in canals.
The ones in water would have taken even longer than the ones in open air.
I do remember reading somewhere about aligator activity on the bodies (if I find it again I will link it) but that wouldn't have anything to do with decomp. Hmm.

Good point! Do we know what the source is for that? Any links? Even with the heat and humidity it would take longer than two days for advanced decomp.
A few of the victims were found in canals.
The ones in water would have taken even longer than the ones in open air.
I do remember reading somewhere about aligator activity on the bodies (if I find it again I will link it) but that wouldn't have anything to do with decomp. Hmm.

Alligator (or another other animal predation, for that matter) does affect rate of decomposition. So can the type of wound. Water can also increase/decrease decomp rate, depending on temp. But 2-3 days to reach a state of advanced decomp? Ummm...no.

I'm still getting my bearings on this case, and there's ALOT I don't yet know, but this jumped up and slapped me in the face, so I thought I'd comment.

Do we have any information regarding tatoos on these women? Any commonalities wrt tatoos?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back