Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #22

Carolina it is an ad for Verizon?? I do not see anything about yesterday?

I am going to try and google & bing it again right now to see if it comes up.

Lola that has been posted for awhile!

Sorry, it was an article I posted! Hmmm... sorry about that!

No problem Carolina, I still have yet to learn how to post links!

RS Mom thank you too. I wonder how many months they are talking about? And I do believe his WHOLE sordid past should be exposed! Unbelieveable.

Four years ago today they finally found you Brooke. It was as hot as it is now, I remember and will never forget until I see that pervert hang.

What's Holding Up the Michael Jacques Trial? The Busy Couple Defending Him

By Andy Bromage [07.03.12]

Brooke Bennett’s grandmother, Lucinda Milne, went to federal court in Burlington last Friday hoping the judge would set a February trial date for her granddaughter’s alleged killer.

snipped...
Milne attended the scheduling conference, at which Assistant U.S. Attorney Craig Nolan confirmed that federal prosecutors could be ready for trial in six months. From the bench, U.S. District Judge William K. Sessions III agreed that “this case has been going on a long time, and we should be pushing this along.”

But just minutes later, Sessions laid out a more leisurely timetable and set a trial date of September 3, 2013. Later, outside the courthouse, a teary-eyed and shaky Milne said, “That sounds like September 2050 to me right now.”

Read entire article - http://www.7dvt.com/2012whats-holding-michael-jacques-trial-busy-couple-defending-him

Disgusting. These people must be so proud.

Ruhnke has also been called on to defend terrorists facing the needle. He was co-counsel for two al-Qaeda operatives who participated in the 1998 bombings of American embassies in East Africa, which killed 224 people and injured thousands. The jury spared their lives.

Two months ago, the defense for a high-profile terror suspect — a co-defendant of 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed — formally requested that Ruhnke join the team.

The upcoming murder trial in Puerto Rico centers on Alexis Candelario-Santana, who faces a death sentence for committing or ordering the murders of 21 people between 1993 and 2009.

So committing a murder in a state where they don't have the DP has given this guy an extra 5 years of breathing. Where was the mercy for Brooke? Who stood up for her and defended her rights? Where was this dream team couple when poor little 12yo Brooke was having the life ripped out of her by her UNCLE, for God's sake?

This case made me distraught back when it happened, but now that my own little girl is 12 it makes me absolutely desperate for justice. I can't believe this has been stalled for four years and isn't even getting started until next fall.

I know everyone deserves their day in court, and I wouldn't even hold it against Jacques if he would just get there. Brooke's family must feel like the knife is twisting in them every time this gets delayed and delayed again.

I'm so sorry, Brooke. Justice is coming, honey, even if she is taking her sweet time.

Brooke's case is what brought me here to WS. I saw her face on the news and she looked just like my daughter who was the same age. I started Googling and discovered this forum full of amazing people who were just as worried about what had happened to Brooke and just as horrified when the truth started to come out.

The thing that gets me is that, since then, I have followed dozens of cases that had an arrest, trial and even a conviction in a shorter amount of time and with far less evidence. As this case was unfolding we learned the extent that Brooke's "uncle" went to to stage her disappearance, and then abuse and murder her in the absolute worst way possible.

We know about the cameras in the convenience store, the Breckenridge story, witness statements, child *advertiser censored* on his computer and in his house and then we learned of receipts for devices and toys and that he ordered for the purpose of destroying this girl.

Yet still he sits, 4 years later, no trial in sight. No accountability and no justice for Brooke.

I have the deepest respect for our criminal justice system but no one will convince me that his attorney's are doing anything but manipulating and abusing that system. My only comfort is knowing that he is rotting away in a cell somewhere experiencing at least a little of what he did to Brooke. I think about her every day and just pray that he gets the maximum sentence he can possibly get and, in my perfect world, he won't be the only one is this case that will see a trial and conviction some day. There are numerous people who are responsible for this.

It is absolutely shameful that this case has not gone to trial. It is sickening to me. What happened to Brooke was shocking and horrifying, and she deserves justice.

WTH is wrong with Sessions? Move it along faster, man! Don't coddle the defense lawyers! Appoint someone who is not so busy, and get this train back on the track. I don't give a flip that they have a trial in Puerto Rico. Get that trial delayed!

GB you, Mrs. Milne, as well as Brooke's Dad & stepmom, and anyone who truly loved Brooke. It has been so long that I do not remember how many siblings Brooke has, but I believe she had at least one younger brother. I guess he thinks his wonderful sister can just be murdered in a most horrible way and the murderer (and lawyers) can just be coddled. JM needs to be convicted and go to a hard *advertiser censored* prison instead of being an unsentenced inmate living in better conditions all this time. The unsentenced have it too good while awaiting trial.

I am furious about a 2013 trial. It is not going to get any easier to try this case. Witnesses will not have as sharp a memory the longer it is postponed.

This is just so wrong!!!! I absolutely hate Michael Jacques!!!! Let's be sure and give this sadistic more rights than Brooke ever had.

:banghead:

Oh, a tactic with some defense lawyers is to ask for extension after extension after extension. Then , change lawyers, or request to change lawyers and get even another long extension so that the new lawyer can 'get up to speed' on the case.

Manipulation of the system is exactly what is going on here, and this judge is going right along with it, IMO. The prosecutors can be ready in 6 months, so this is clearly giving in to the defense. Why couldn't the Puerto Rican trial been the one to be delayed??? Is that defendant more important than justice for Brooke after all this time????

I guess I'd better try to calm down now!

MOO

Some good news here!

Appeals court: Prosecutors may use obstruction evidence against Jacques in Brooke Bennett case

A surprisingly quick decision by a federal appeals court might have strengthened the prosecution’s argument for having Michael Jacques of Randolph sentenced to death if he’s convicted of the 2008 kidnapping and killing of his 12-year-old niece, Brooke Bennett.

A three-judge panel of the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, in a 17-page decision issued Monday, unanimously ruled that prosecutors may use evidence that authorities say proves Jacques, while in jail, tried to shift blame for the kidnapping and slaying of Bennett from himself to a make-believe international sex ring Jacques called “Breckenridge.”

Much more at link. Maybe they can move the trial up now?

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...-Jacques-Brooke-Bennett-case?odyssey=nav|head

This will sound VERY callous but do not feel all that bad about most of Brooke's family, excluding her Dad and siblings. They were all well aware of what he was/is and what Denise married.
They all know including little old Mrs Milne. Brooke should have never been allowed over that house alone with him ever. Because of that carelessness this is the outcome.
Let me tell you right now if this was me I would be at the highest ranking official in Vermont screaming for justice. And I mean screaming and if I got no where there I would go higher and higher until I got somewhere with it. This is total bull#### and I have no idea what Judge Sessions could possibly be thinking.
Don't tell me that this is allowed. If that family really cared this case would be in court or close to it! Hell, just let the weasel out in the general population and save of all this crap already.

From the article --- “It suggests a person of innate evilness,” Hanna said.

well, uh yes, we know that!

Has anyone checked to see if Sessions is anti DP?

I could not find any info on if Sessions is anti DP or not but that would make sense as to why this has ended up the way it has.

I still think of you Brooke and your ugly Uncle safely in prison. He will pay.

I still think of her often as well....it amazes me how the entire family seems to have swept it all under the rug and is one big happy family again. Disgusting :( If my niece or cousin played a part in the brutal murder of my daughter/sister, I don't think I could ever face them again. I just don't understand the family's forgiveness of AR and how she is completely immune from any charges.????!??!?!?

It amazes me too. So very disfunctional is all I can say. Just one big happy family like nothing ever happened.
I know for a fact I would never face them or forgive them. Why????
Because they all knew what he was. It was no secret.

Thinking of you Brooke at Christmas time. Waiting for justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back