GUILTY GA - Brandie Davis, 19, found strangled in her Statesboro home, 8 Dec 2009

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Statesboro Police confirmed Wednesday that the death of 19-year-old woman inside her apartment was, in fact, murder.

Bulloch County Coroner, Jake Futch, said Brandie Danielle Davis of McDonough, Georgia was strangled.

Her lifeless body was found in her bedroom at Campus Crossings Apartments on Lanier Drive around 3:30 Tuesday afternoon.

So far, Holloway says they have no suspects in Davis’ murder who was a student at Ogeechee Technical College.

"We don't believe that this is a random case. It's an isolated incident," said Holloway.

Holloway said it was apartment management that discovered Davis' body.

"Her family called concerned about her because they hadn't heard from her in a day or so," said Holloway.

Snipped from http://www.thecoastalsource.com/mostpopular/story/Brandie-Danielle-Davis/3dbxdSVTVEO7TzgXv9TxdA.cspx

I don't know what the world is coming to...no good I guess. First thought...boyfriend...second thought...ex-boyfriend...last thought stranger.

How horrible.

I wonder if it was someone who lives at the apartment complex?

Thoughts & prayers to all who knew this young lady.

My niece lived in that complex when she was an undergrad at GSU. I visited her several times. It is a nice facility & the security force keeps a presence. Resident's parking is assigned & I had the impression all parking areas were closely monitored.... at least there was a big fear of getting a ticket for parking violations. (Of course, people share the entrance gate code with their visitors. Perimeter fencing has a couple gates that lead to campus transit stops on the street adjacent to the stadium. Anyone who really wanted to get in, could climb an 8 foot fence.) All exterior apartment doors have deadbolts as do each bedroom. I remember seeing a lot of cameras there... hope there is a lead for investigators.

I think sometimes "secuity" gives a false sense of safety. We certainly know that dangerous people do not always look the part. I hope this tragedy will caution others to take extra measures to be safe.

BTW, I am attending my niece's graduation at another university tomorrow.... master's degree this time, then back to school.... but my brother is wishing for gainful employment to coincide with her being a "professional student".... We are very proud of her many accomplishments & I just had to brag a little.

Statesboro Police officers have stepped up patrol around apartment complexes near the Georgia Southern University, but not because of a murder investigation.
While police are actively investigating the strangulation murder of 19-year-old Brandie Danielle Davis, found dead in her apartment Tuesday, there are yet no suspects, said Statesboro Police Capt. Scott Brunson. And the reason for additional patrol is due to a rash of armed robberies and burglaries that have occurred in the area since Thanksgiving.
Statesboro Police Chief Stan York said Wednesday the murder is believed to be "an isolated incident." As of Thursday afternoon, Brunson said there had yet been no suspects named in the murder. Davis, from McDonough, was a student of Ogeechee Technical College.
Brunson said the extra patrol around campus — and on campus as well by University Police — is due to the extreme number of break-ins, armed robberies and other crimes, such as entering auto incidents, that have increased since the holiday season began.

Snipped from http://www.statesboroherald.com/news/article/20096/

I actually lived there last semester and, as a previous poster stated that campus crossing in statesboro had a gate and cameras... this is NOT true whatsoever and this person is obviously mistaken.. While living at Campus Crossing I was the victim of a home invasion. I was home alone on a wednesday in my apartment on the second floor just a couple buildings down from Ms. Davis, when my doorbell rang repeatedly. We had received several solicitors over the past couple of weeks so I ignored it hoping the person would just leave and knowing all my roommates had keys and my telephone number. After about 5-6 rings and knocks on the door it fell silent for a few seconds; then, the door opened. My room was directly in plain view of the front door at the end of the narrow apartment hall although my bedroom door was shut. I very cautiously opened my door to see a man standing in my living room. The man looked to be 23-25 was white and was wearing a jersey and athletic shorts to his knees. I demanded to know what he was doing. He hastily made the excuse that he had just seen a man run out of my apartment and he was making sure everything was okay. I told him to leave I was calling the police and he got into a car with a black male about the same age and left. The police brushed this off and said it was common. I was very disappointed with the security of the place while I lived there. There was ONE "security van" that made a round of the complex which is about the size of 3 football fields every hour. The "security" was a woman in a minivan, and was present a little after dark to 5 AM. I did not feel safe, there is a ghetto-like area just behind the 8 ft fence of the complex where low income locals and NOT students live. This poor girl could have very easily been watched and attacked. Something needs to be done to protect students. There was a REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER living in the apartment complex I lived in previous to campus crossing, which is Campus Club located the NEXT complex to campus crossing while I resided there. The sex-offender lived in the building next to the bus stop and no one was ever alerted of his presence. As a viligent person I looked up the local offenders to find one lived in the next building. WHY was a sex offender allowed to live in a place called CAMPUS club. There is nothing done to protect students and I have no doubt if this person is not caught, this will happen again.

Worried ... welcome to websleuths!

I confused the complexes. Since I posted above, I learned it was Campus Club not Campus Crossing. Apparently they are operated by the same corp. As I stated before, having "security" may cause residents to have a false sense of safety.

They had a creepy guy barge in the door one night, but he explained he was in the wrong apartment... an easy mistake because all the buildings are so similar & it would be easy to be mistaken about the unit number..... but, had there been one person instead of four, who knows what may have happened? They had a little roommate conference & became more diligent about locking the exterior doors. Two cmiminal justice & one psych major should have been more thoughtful about dangers in the 1st place!

You seem smart & cautious... that's really great! Good luck in your studies & I hope to see you around WS. My prayers for this victim's family & I hope the perp is caught soon.

From December 2010:

http://www.henryherald.com/news/2010/dec/21/mcdonough-man-pleads-guilty-in-davis-murder/

Today marks the anniversary of Daryl Anthony Priestley's arrest in connection with the murder of Brandie Danielle Davis.

Priestley pled guilty Monday, to charges of murder, tampering with evidence, and false statements, according to Daphne Jarriel, assistant district attorney for the Ogeechee Judicial Circuit of Georgia, in Statesboro. He was sentenced to life, plus 10 years... Priestley will have to serve a minimum of 30 years before he can be parole eligible...

Garcia acknowledged that Priestley and Davis had been acquaintances, but not close friends. She said Davis was attending Ogeechee Tech -- partly inspired by her mother's heart disease -- to become a "cardiac ultrasound technician."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back