TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes a difference on the type of charge, though. 1st degree murder, premeditated murder, 2nd degree murder, felony murder, accomplice after the fact, manslaughter, what have you. She might not be charged in their deaths at all if she can prove she had no hand in it and her own life was at stake.

I don't know what prosecutions' thinking is at this point. Maybe she is cooperating with them and thus no charges related to victims being dead? But I presume they could always upgrade the charges if they want to.

May 1st is the first time that they interviewed AM.. 3 days later on May 4th they actually went back with an arrest warrant and AM was gone.. This is when they started interviewing TM and mom and 24 hrs later they were digging up the bodies..

The reporter on NG just said that TM actually told her SISTER OVER A WEEK AGO ABOUT WHAT HAD HAPPENED AND THE SISTER DID NOTHING!!!

They did not interview him til May 1st!!! He had already long since murdered mom and AB and IMO by that point he already had taken the two younger girls to the place he had pre planned to take them!!!!!!jmo!

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Hey guys,
I was wondering if any of you happened to see my post a few pages back. I have to go find it now.
I just had a couple questions and i was wondering if anyone knew the answers? I'll go try to find my post again.

I just wanted to add that i hate the word "grooming". I've wrote about this before, but i was abused by stepfather for years. And our family were/are all "Christians". Pastors and everything. My abuse started when i was 11 until i was like 17. I only told one boyfriend when i was like 14 or 15 until i met my husband. He abused my younger cousin after for 2 years after me. Started around the same age w/ her.
We finally decided we had to do something and just this past year finally was able to put him in jail. :(
It was the hardest thing ever. He wasn't mean and stuff. He was my stepfather from the time i was little. We had the father/daughter relationship and i always still felt that "loyalty" to him and couldn't "tell" on him. I didn't want him to go to jail even though i was so messed up and hated everything about it. I told myself that i would live w/ it all my life. Until i had my own kids. Then something snapped. I realized that i wasn't doing telling on him cuz i hated him or out of revenge or anything, but i had to do something to protect any other kids from him.
I had so much guilt that i didn't speak up before he got to my cousin. I still live w/ that guilt everyday.
But yah....the word "grooming" makes me shiver. And feel disgusting. :(
Anyway...
I'm going to find my other post....sorry i went on and on.
I just hope that Adam isn't doing any of that to the girls. :( I don't trust anyone...whether they "love" you like a father does or not.

I am sorry you were molested. My post wasn't meant to be disrespectful just providing documentation that pedophiles often think they are showing love. Please don't take it personal.

We have no proof at this point what his motivation for kidnapping JB and her children.

Like I have said before, I think JM's motivation was that he was delusional in the parentage of the girls. I truly think in the beginning he thought Alex was his daughter. Over time, he began to imagine a life with her mother. A life that would never happen because her mom was now married to a man who fathered her sister. When the family moved to AZ, he began to form a plan..... I don't know exactly how that planned came together, but here we are now. A Mom and her daughter dead, the Mom's other two girls missing and a man who, for what ever reason thinks at least one of them is his daughter.

Definitely. But my point is that when you add homicide of someone other than the child of the kidnapper to the mix, it is a sign of the predatory nature, in most cases, of the kidnapper. Can you think of a case where a parent killed others in the process of kidnapping their child? I can't and I think it is very rare. The violent act of murder of other parties in connection with kidnappings is usually combined with sexual predation.

I don't want to believe that, it's just the stats. I can list all such cases but Ghostwheel is right - it's all too horrible to think of. I'm going to try to focus on these girls being recovered alive and unscathed, for the most part.
Sure, bring that up, too....
I'm going with, if the deaths were accidental-no pedophile. If they were premeditated-maybe pedophile. I'll try not to fall off the fence.

Also a neighbor of AM and TM called in and said that he believed wife, TM had "emotional problems" and that he would hear her screaming , hollering, and angrily yelling at AM!! She as I said earlier IMO is severely unstable to say the least!! Volatile and violent!!

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Hey guys,
I was wondering if any of you happened to see my post a few pages back. I have to go find it now.
I just had a couple questions and i was wondering if anyone knew the answers? I'll go try to find my post again.

I just wanted to add that i hate the word "grooming". I've wrote about this before, but i was abused by stepfather for years. And our family were/are all "Christians". Pastors and everything. My abuse started when i was 11 until i was like 17. I only told one boyfriend when i was like 14 or 15 until i met my husband. He abused my younger cousin after for 2 years after me. Started around the same age w/ her.
We finally decided we had to do something and just this past year finally was able to put him in jail. :(
It was the hardest thing ever. He wasn't mean and stuff. He was my stepfather from the time i was little. We had the father/daughter relationship and i always still felt that "loyalty" to him and couldn't "tell" on him. I didn't want him to go to jail even though i was so messed up and hated everything about it. I told myself that i would live w/ it all my life. Until i had my own kids. Then something snapped. I realized that i wasn't doing telling on him cuz i hated him or out of revenge or anything, but i had to do something to protect any other kids from him.
I had so much guilt that i didn't speak up before he got to my cousin. I still live w/ that guilt everyday.
But yah....the word "grooming" makes me shiver. And feel disgusting. :(
Anyway...
I'm going to find my other post....sorry i went on and on.
I just hope that Adam isn't doing any of that to the girls. :( I don't trust anyone...whether they "love" you like a father does or not.

It is a disgusting term. I do remember your post, I think on a scanner thread. Many posted about your heroic strength in fighting to make sure he never hurt another child again.

A term that makes even sicker is "seduce". A child is not "seduced" by a predator. "Groomed" is really not accurate either. A child is betrayed by someone who made sure they trusted him and the child's parents are deceived as to the true nature of the beast.

I'm confused a little. At one point, i thought it was said that Joann and her family were "close"...good friends w/ Adam. And that he also was an ex boyfriend of hers. People were even saying on here that they might have been bringing the girls to school together that day?
What i'm trying to say is why now are people saying there is no way they would go anywhere w/ him? I mean if he was a close friend, why wouldn't they? I don't mean run away w/ him. But easy enough to get in a car all together with him. Does that make sense?
Also, has it been said how Joann and her oldest daughter were killed? With a gun? Or any other way? I was just curious what he was using to kidnap the whole family with, etc.
Like...."get in the back of the trailer" and they just go? Or were they threatned w/ a weapon and killed w/ it?
It's all so scary and so unbelievably sad. :(
I think when Nancy Grace said she would not leave with AM, she meant really LEAVE, as in leave her family.
Cause of death has not been released to my knowledge.
The rest is all speculation at this point.

I'm confused a little. At one point, i thought it was said that Joann and her family were "close"...good friends w/ Adam. And that he also was an ex boyfriend of hers. People were even saying on here that they might have been bringing the girls to school together that day?
What i'm trying to say is why now are people saying there is no way they would go anywhere w/ him? I mean if he was a close friend, why wouldn't they? I don't mean run away w/ him. But easy enough to get in a car all together with him. Does that make sense?
Also, has it been said how Joann and her oldest daughter were killed? With a gun? Or any other way? I was just curious what he was using to kidnap the whole family with, etc.
Like...."get in the back of the trailer" and they just go? Or were they threatned w/ a weapon and killed w/ it?
It's all so scary and so unbelievably sad. :(

I found it. I hope it's ok to repost it just once to see if anyone has anything to say about it?
Thanks. :)

I found it. I hope it's ok to repost it just once to see if anyone has anything to say about it?
Thanks. :)

Your point is a very valid one. IMO, it would have been very easy for AM to lure this family into danger. He was a close and trusted family friend.

I think when Nancy Grace said she would not leave with AM, she meant really LEAVE, as in leave her family.
Cause of death has not been released to my knowledge.
The rest is all speculation at this point.

I see you found it too.
Thanks for looking for it and commenting on it.
That makes sense. I wasn't thinking she meant "leave" as in run away with him. I was thinking that people now didn't think she'd leave the house to go anywhere with him when before it was stated that he was a close family friend.
But yeah that makes more sense.
And ok....i wasn't sure if the cause of death was released yet or if i missed if Theresa said anything about him having a gun or whatever to make them cooperate.
Thanks again.

It is a disgusting term. I do remember your post, I think on a scanner thread. Many posted about your heroic strength in fighting to make sure he never hurt another child again.

A term that makes even sicker is "seduce". A child is not "seduced" by a predator. "Groomed" is really not accurate either. A child is betrayed by someone who made sure they trusted him and the child's parents are deceived as to the true nature of the beast.

Ugh....i agree when you say a child is not "seduced" by a predator.
That just sounds so sick. You're right. Both of those words make me cringe.
With my step father, his "grooming" thing was he would use "praying" w/ you.
He used to come in my bedroom at night and his excuse was always that he was just "praying for me" That's why he was beside my bed at night. :(
I told my mom a couple times near the end that i hated it when he came in my room at night to "pray" and i couldn't sleep at night cuz he was always in there.
To this day, she says she never remembers me telling her that. :(
And my mom and i were very close.
She was w/ me practically everyday when i started having kids.
She was like the perfect grandmother. Did everything for them.
When everything finally came out about the abuse and stuff, she went back and forth all the time back to him. She is very against being a Christian and divorcing. They actually divorced a couple times. And she kept going back to him.
I finally decided i couldn't have her in my life anymore. :( That she had to choose. We've been estranged for at least a couple years now or more.
:(
She remarried him w/out me knowing. I found out during the court trials that they were remarried. I was devestated.
My dad though....when i told him was ready to kill my step father. He had always trusted him with me and when he stood up in court, he looked right at him w/ anger that i've never seen before and told him that he was a father's worst nightmare. When my stepfather walked out of the courtroom, my dad ran over to him and told him to rot in hell. The guards or whatever you call them in the court room had to hold him back.

I wanted to add one more thing. When i told my dad finally not that long ago, before the court stuff started, i still wasn't ready to go the police. My dad begged me to go to the police cuz he said he wanted to kill him.
He started crying when i first told him and he didn't say anything. When he could finally talk again, he told me that all he could think about was he remembered one time when i lived in in NY w/ my mom and stepdad, that he had come to visit me for the weekend. I was probably like 12 then. He said he remembered me crying hysterically and screaming at him not to leave me. He said it was so hard for him to leave, but he thought it was just make it worse if he came back and i would stop crying soon.
He said he couldn't stop feeling guilty now, cuz he had no idea the nightmare that i was living with and he could've done something but he just didn't know. :(
I felt so bad for him. I think it's destroyed him a lot.

I see you found it too.
That makes sense. I wasn't thinking she meant "leave" as in run away with him. I was thinking that people now didn't think she'd leave the house to go anywhere with him when before it was stated that he was a close family friend.
And ok....i wasn't sure if the cause of death was released yet or if i missed if Theresa said anything about him having a gun or whatever to make them cooperate.
Thanks again.

It was said earlier on that AM always had a gun on him.

If he was so worried about not getting to see the girls anymore he could have moved closer to their new home. That is much simpler than kidnapping 4 people. It had to be something more. He may have conned his mom and ex but I think he had a more sinister reason. The idea he could keep 4 hostages is ridiculous. He went for kidnapping and murder instead of just moving.

- Officers found the girls` clothing inside Mayes` trailer

- On Mayes` Facebook page, he lists the same girl, Kyliyah, as his sister.

- GOODMAN(JB's aunt)the only thing that we can figure out is that he was obsessed with either JoAnn or one of the girls and he wanted to keep them there with him and not let them go back to Arizona.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/08/ijvm.01.html

Anyway, totally done talking about me. I'm so sorry.
This case is haunting me so bad.
I just can't believe that Adam kidnapped all four of them and is killing them off. :(
My mind is going all kinds of places of where he is with the other two girls.
It's so frustrating....don't think that's even the right word to use but...it's MADDENING... that there's been no sign of them since.
I can't decide how i feel about him or what his i think his intentions are. If he really thinks he's their dad or he is hurting them. :(
I just want them to be found safe so bad.

I see you found it too.
Thanks again.
Sometimes when I post, the page refreshes and I miss a post or two above mine. I also swear I will go back to a page and suddenly a post is there that wasn't there the last time I was on the page. Sorry your questions didn't get answered by somebody.

I hope your stepfather rots in hell, too.

AM is not still traveling in the rented trailer/Uhaul that LE mentioned. LE found items in the trailer belonging to the two young girls, so apparently AM abandoned the trailer at some point.

Another tidbit of info I've heard mentioned on Memphis news several times... Although the search for AM and the girls is nationwide and several states, focus and LE presence is heaviest around the counties in MS and TN where AM was last seen and surrounding counties. After TN and MS, I have heard Florida mentioned the most.

And here are links to articles about supposed sightings that obviously didn't lead to AM's capture. (Sorry if these have already been posted.)

http://wreg.com/2012/05/08/mayes-sighting-being-checked/

http://www.wtva.com/news/local/story/Police-search-church-for-Adam-Mayes/BdpPa4VygU2bVyqatdmU0g.cspx

Also, as far as Nancy Grace goes... She has the best intentions and is doing a great job getting the news out about this case, as she has done with so many others. But she has a reputation of being, uh.... wrong. Often. She speaks without thinking (or knowing) and has a reputation of making statements that aren't factual. (Though not in an effort to be deceitful - like I said, I believe she has the best intentions.) Anyway, just thought I'd throw my two cents in about ol' Nancy. ;)

It was said earlier on that AM always had a gun on him.

Oh really?
Ok...that's what i was wondering. I didn't see that.
Thanks.
:(
They must have been so terrified. What do u do when someone you love and trust just turns into a kidnapper/murderer? I can't even imagine the terror they must have felt.
It makes me feel sick. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member