GUILTY GA - Eight family members brutally murdered in Brunswick home, 29 Aug 2009

Possibly. I think the swings were more over the head and then straight down to give him more leverage. It sounds like Sr. remained on his side (most likely the position he slept in when first struck.) That would explain why all the injuries were to one side.

It is so chilling to read about what happened to these people. Imo, he is a sociopath who is still remorseless and cold even today. I wish they would report his reaction to seeing his entire family dead and battered. I bet he just sits there unemotional.

IMO

I was thinking some kicks to the head might have caused some of the blunt force trama.

3:15 p.m.
Brenda Gail Falagan, 34, who was Russell Toler Sr.'s sister, had 38 external injuries found during her autopsy, said Edmund Donoghue, regional medical examiner for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.
Like West, Falagan had a laceration that went all the way to the bone, he said.
"That's bone or skull,'' Donoghue said of one closeup photo.
Like other victims, Falagan had long red streaks on her body that Donoghue said was indicative of insect bites.
"I think there was a struggle in that case ... She has injuries on both sides of her head and her face. And these injuries on her hands may be from her raising her hands to defend herself,'' Donoghue testified.
Family members told the Times-Union just after the deaths that Falagan had suffered a stroke and other health problems. After she fell on hard times, Russell Toler Sr. gave her a place to live and she helped care for Toler's younger children, they said.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...th-penalty-murder-trial-reopens#ixzz2huuJgEAM

3:46 p.m.
Chrissy Toler, 22, died in a back bedroom with West and her younger sister, Michelle, 15. Chrissy Toler's son, Byron Jimerson, then 3, survived being beaten in the room.
Chrissy Toler had more than two dozen external injuries, GBI medical examiner Edmund Donoghue testified.
Both sides of her forehead, her jaw and face were fractured, he testified.
It is possible, depending on the position of the bodye, that one blow caused multiple injuries,he testified.
That applied not only to Chrissy Toler, but to other victims, he said.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...th-penalty-murder-trial-reopens#ixzz2huuWiymO

4:22 p.m.
The youngest of those killed, Michelle Toler, 15, had 48 external injuries, medical examiner Edmund Donoghue testified. That was more than any of the other victims and were among more than 200 collectively.
She had injuries to the back of her head, forehead, neck, eyes, nose, mouth, face, chest and hands, he said.
She also had a blow that exposed her skull, a photo showed.
Donoghue said he recovered loose hairs from her right hand and supplied those to the crime lab for investigation. She had skull fractures, blood in her lungs and many of her teeth were loose or missing.Two bones in her left hand were broken, he testified.
Like the rest, she died of brain injuries from blunt force trauma.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...th-penalty-murder-trial-reopens#ixzz2hv1tEp00

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...nty-mobile-home-died-where-they#ixzz2htke0QGw

state has commented that Guy may not be the only killer, I would agree, for 1 person to inflict that many injuries without one of them waking and fighting back seems incredible to me,

I am a little unnerved by the states comment.

So Guy is to blame and they say they know this ,yet they say there may be another murderer. May be . like they are taking a case they don't have shaped up to trial and they had 4 years to shape it investigate it and learn what happened. I guess we will see a little bit of what they have but I really wish it was on court T.V because I still cant shake the feeling that the people who really commited these murders wont be in court.

That statement the medical examiner made about the injuries Might have been caused on Chrissy by one blow depending on what position her body was in when it happened , Shouldn't he know what position it would have taken her to be in for that to have happened?

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...nty-mobile-home-died-where-they#ixzz2htke0QGw

state has commented that Guy may not be the only killer, I would agree, for 1 person to inflict that many injuries without one of them waking and fighting back seems incredible to me,

I read that article the other day but, IMO, now it is becoming even clearer how he was able to do this carnage right by himself. The positions of the bodies when found will be KEY in this case. It proves most all of them were caught of guard and never knew that impending doom was inside of their home with him killing everyone in sight, one by one. Most all of them were murdered where they lay sleeping, whether in the bedroom on a bed or a pallet, laid out on the floor.

The only ones thus far that may have tried to unsuccessfully block his blows was Rusty's sister who was handicapped from a stroke and Rusty's 15 year old daughter, Michelle who had a broken hand. Both who would be no match for this enraged monster who was determined to eradicate everyone in that home, imo.

Imo, there will be no forensic evidence of anyone else being involved. However; whether he had help or not is irrelevant. In fact, imo, it makes it worse if he had someone help him murder his entire family. It does not ever erase his own guilt nor will it save him from the death penalty if the jury thinks he did this alone or with someone else. Personally, I don't believe he had help either or needed help. He knew the layout of the home better than anyone and he knew where everyone slept and he used that to his advantage.

IMO

4:22 p.m.
The youngest of those killed, Michelle Toler, 15, had 48 external injuries, medical examiner Edmund Donoghue testified. That was more than any of the other victims and were among more than 200 collectively.
She had injuries to the back of her head, forehead, neck, eyes, nose, mouth, face, chest and hands, he said.
She also had a blow that exposed her skull, a photo showed.
Donoghue said he recovered loose hairs from her right hand and supplied those to the crime lab for investigation. She had skull fractures, blood in her lungs and many of her teeth were loose or missing.Two bones in her left hand were broken, he testified.
Like the rest, she died of brain injuries from blunt force trauma.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...th-penalty-murder-trial-reopens#ixzz2hv1tEp00

That is two victims who had hair in their hands when found and those hairs were sent to the lab. It will be interesting to see if they match the hairs of GHjr.

OMG 200 hundred injuries!

IMO

Also, Heinze said he had sat down or lay down on the bed beside Michael Toler, 19, who was still alive. He had none of Michael Toler’s blood on those shorts although the bed was covered with blood from what had been a savage beating.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...nty-mobile-home-died-where-they#ixzz2hvl4nTmj

Did he sit on the bed or lay on the bed? Or is it not remembered which one Guy Jr said he did? Why is this worded this way? Did Heinze himself not remember which he did ? or can Johnson not remember which was true?

Did he sit on the bed or lay on the bed? Or is it not remembered which one Guy Jr said he did? Why is this worded this way? Did Heinze himself not remember which he did ? or can Johnson not remember which was true?

Either way since the bed and Michael was soaked in blood he should have had blood on his clothing. If he sat on it then it would soak into the butt of his outer shorts and underwear. His hand should have had blood on it too since he said he touched Michael's chest to see if he was breathing. He also said he touched another victim's chest to see if they were alive. Yet he had no blood on his hands when LE arrived.

It was interesting when the officer found Bryon alive that Heinz Jr. seemed shocked.

IMO

Either way since the bed and Michael was soaked in blood he should have had blood on his clothing. If he sat on it then it would soak into the butt of his outer shorts and underwear. His hand should have had blood on it too since he said he touched Michael's chest to see if he was breathing. He also said he touched another victim's chest to see if they were alive. Yet he had no blood on his hands when LE arrived.

It was interesting when the officer found Bryon alive that Heinz Jr. seemed shocked.

IMO

''covered in blood'' ,not soaked. Also no one said if the blood was wet or dry and I also (for trials sake ) don't have a lot of confidence in "should of had" .

''covered in blood'' ,not soaked. Also no one said if the blood was wet or dry and I also (for trials sake ) don't have a lot of confidence in "should of had" .

I think it would be obvious that the blood was not dry since Michael was still breathing and his heart still pumping blood. He did not die until hours later after being taken in by EMTs.

I understand your stance but jurors do look at the obvious things that should have been on the one that said he touched bloody victims. It isn't there, so it is totally inconsistent with his 'story.' And jurors pay close attention to inconsistencies said by the suspect. Such as he said he checked all the victims when he did not. If he really had done as he opined then he would have immediately found the three year old was still alive.

imo

Another thing caught my eye in the lies Jr. tells LE.

From an above article already linked..

Asked if there were guns inside the house, Heinze said there had been two shotguns in a closet where Michael Toler was beaten, but that he had taken one out and put it in the truck of the Cougar, where officers found it, Nohilly said.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...thers-beaten-death-2009-medical#ixzz2hzKvuxbq

Sooo if the two guns were in the closet then why did the one he hid in the vehicle have blood on it?

IMO

The rest of yesterday..

5:09 p.m.

Donoghue testified that the wounds he found were consistent and could have been delivered with the same weapon. He said the wounds were made by a long, slinder object similar to a shotgun barrel.

There was also a case in Georgia in which one man killed eight members of his entire family with an ax, he testified.

In his opening statement Tuesday, defense attorney Newell Hamilton Jr. told the jury that he knew of no instance in which one person had beaten even six people to death. Under Hamilton's cross examination Wednesday, Donoghue acknowdged the New Hope victims could have been killed with a piece of pipe, but said it was unlikely done with a piece of wood.

"I don't think it was a baseball bat because it was long and narrow,'' Donoghue testified.

The handle of a garden tool could have been used, he said.

''The barrel of a gun certainly fits the pattern here,'' but a pipe could have been used, Donoghue said.

"You can't exclude multiple similar objects,'' Hamilton said.

Donoghue said he could not.

5:35 p.m.

Glynn County police investigator Stephanie Oliver testified she was a patrol officer on Aug. 29, 2009, and responded to the initial call to New Hope Mobile Home Park.

Oliver said she was the second to arrive and saw two people and a dog on the front porch of the mobile home.

"Mr. Heinze was saying, 'My whole family is dead inside,' '' Oliver testified.

A state trooper and officer Roderic Nohilly arrived and secured the mobile home.

She went inside the mobile home and found three people, one of whom was still alive, she testified.

She and other officers went inside to check the residence for any victims who needed assistance, Oliver said.

Oliver said she went into another bedroom and found two men, one dead in the floor, the other alive on a bed.

Using photos already in evidence, Oliver showed the jurors where victims were located, especially Michael Toler who was still alive lying on a bed without sheets "gasping for air." Oliver said she ran outside and got paramedics to attend to Michael Toler.

After putting crime scene tape up around the home, she left the scene, she said.

She said that defendent Guy Heinze Jr. appeared calm and was not crying.

Under cross examination from Newell Hamilton Jr., Oliver said she entered the mobile home with her gun drawn because the officers were about to clear a residence.

6:14 p.m.

The day's final witness was Glynn County police officer Roderic Nohilly who found Oliver, Stalvey and a state trooper on the front porch of the mobile home with Guy Heinze Jr.

Nohilly said he entered the mobile home with Stalvey. He saw a man lying on a mattress who appeared to be dead and another man lying on the kitchen floor, Nohilly testified.

Working with a diagram of the house, Nohilly testified he saw two people, Chrissy Toler and West, lying dead in a bedroom.

Stalvey, then a sergeant, notified other officers that he found one juvenile still alive, Nohilly said.

Nohilly said he exited the house and spoke with Heinze about what he had done the day before.

"I asked him if he knew anyone who would hurt his family. He said he didn't know anyone,'' Nohilly said.

Heinze gave him the names of all the victims and where they were in the trailer, he testified.

Heinze said he had gotten off work about 4:30 p.m., come to the trailer where he found all the victims and smoked marijuana with Joe West, bought crack cocaine from West and then left in Rusty Toler Jr.'s Mercury Cougar.

He went to friend's apartment, came back home but didn't go inside, Nohilly said.

Heinze said he went over to the window of the mobile home where he knew West was and got more crack cocaine from West. He drove to St. Simons Island, met his brother Tyler at a Best Western motel about 2:30 to 3 a.m. on the morning he found his father and others slain, Nohilly testified.

Heinze claimed he and his brother had breakfast and he drove the Cougar to the mobile home went inside and found everyone beaten he thought to death, Nohilly testified.

Heinze also said he put his hand on his father's chest and then went through the house and found all but Michael Toler dead.

"He said he checked everyone's wrist,'' Nohilly said.

Unable to contact the house phone, Heinze said he went to a neighbor and asked her to call 911, Nohilly said.

Heinze said he found the house phone on the living room floor and used it to call 911 a second time as he went back to Michael Toler's room. Asked if there were any weapons in the house, he said there two shotguns, a 16-gauge and a 20-gauge. He claimed he removed the 16-gauge earlier from the closet where Michael Toler lay and put it in the car's trunk because it had been stolen.

"He said he bought it off a subject he knew had stolen it and didn't want us to find it,'' Nohilly said.

Nohilly said he had never entered that room.

The khaki shorts that Heinze was wearing had a smear of blood on the leg, but Nohilly said he saw no other blood on Heinze.

Heinze also acknowledged he had smoked crack all night and was still high, he said.

The jurors have told Judge Stephen Scarlett they want to start trial earlier so court will resume at 8:15 a.m. Thursday.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...-jrs-death-penalty-murder-trial#ixzz2hzON9zwg

Today

8:40 a.m.
BRUNSWICK | Guy Heinze Jr. referred to the people who lay dead or gravely wounded inside a mobile home Aug. 29, 2009, as his father, uncle, aunt and cousins, Glynn County police investigator Roderic Nohilly testified under cross-examination Thursday morning in Heinze's death penalty murder trial.

Nohilly, who was then a patrol officer and among the first to arrive at the scene, said that Heinze acknowledging having used drugs. Nohilly said he nonetheless questioned Heinze as he investigated the scene of a mass homicide.

Inside, seven were already dead from brutal beatings and another died the next day. Only one victim, a boy, then 3, survived. None but Guy Heinze Sr. was related to Heinze by blood although he and his father considered them family, lawyers have said.

Defense lawyer Newell Hamilton Jr. pressed Nohilly to agree that Heinze's intoxication and the trauma of seeing the bloody crime scene could affect Heinze's responses and his providing inaccurate answers to questions.

On Wednesday, Nohilly testified that Heinze claimed to have smoked marijuana with and bought cocainethe night before from Joseph West, who was dead inside the trailer with his girlfriend, Chrissy Toler. Also dead were Chrissy Toler's father, Russell Toler, Sr., her brothers, Russell Toler Jr. and Michael Toler, her younger sister Michelle Toler, and her aunt Brenda Gail Falagan.

He turned Heinze over to Mike Owens, who was the inititial lead investigator, at the Glynn County police station, Nohilly said.

Hamilton even questioned Nohilly on how Heinze rode to the police station. In motions hearings Hamilton has asserted that by riding in the back seat of a patrol car with doors he could not open that Heinze was in custody

Heinze was initially arrested on drug charges and held for several days before police secured a warrant charging him with murder in the deaths.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...esumes-cross-examination-police#ixzz2hzPsnLZN

9:22 a.m.
Nohilly said that one lead mentioned an Andy Anderson as a possible suspect in the slayings.
It was just a couple of weeks ago that he was told to follow up on the information and find Anderson, Nohilly said.
When he tried to find Anderson at his last known address provided by a probation officer, Nohilly said, he went to New Hope Mobile Home Park, where the eight were slain, and found an empty mobile home.
He checked other possible addresses for Anderson but did not locate him, Nohilly testified.
Nohilly said that he interviewed the informant at the behest of lead investigator Lt. William Darris.
"I came up with the name Andy Joe Anderson,'' by researching prior offenders, Nohilly said.
By checking with the Wayne County Sheriff's Office, he learned that the Sheriff's Office had arrested Anderson weeks before the deaths and that he was still in jail at the time of the slayings, Nohilly testified.
The informant also provided a couple of other first names, one of whom was a coworker of Russell Toler Sr., Nohilly testified.
Prompted by Hamilton's continued questioning on cross-contamination of the crime scene, District Attorney Jackie Johnson asked Nohilly if he had put on a "white suit" before going inside the mobile home. Nohilly testified he had not because his first priority was to find the living victims and get them help.
Nohilly testified again that Heinze precisely identified the victims and accurately stated where they were found in the mobile home.
Heinze later admitted removing a shotgun, that he said was stolen, from the house, Nohilly testified.
Heinze spoke with him clearly that morning and seemed to understand all that was going on that morning, Nohilly testified.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...esumes-cross-examination-police#ixzz2hzQ4kzH7

9:44 a.m.
Glynn County police investigator Roderic Nohilly said he interviewed Guy Heinze Jr. at the scene of a mass homicide Aug. 29, 2009, because he was the only known witness.
"He was not a suspect at the time, to me... He was the only one I knew who had been in that trailer,'' Nohilly said under questioning from defense lawyer Newell Hamilton Jr.
Nohilly said he interviewed Heinze because "time was of the essence'' in gathering information on the deaths.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...esumes-cross-examination-police#ixzz2hzQCq7I9

10:36 a.m.

During the morning break, investigator Roderic Nohilly reviewed a tape of his interview with a man who had called in a tip.

It was tip that someone had threatened Russell Toler Sr. with "We'll kill your whole family,'' Nohilly confirmed.

That was a reference to a threat made by a men named Andy Anderson and another man identified only as Dwayne, Nohilly said.

Nohilly said he has not shown the tipster a photo of the jailed Andy Anderson to see if it was the same man or if anyone had interviewed Anderson on his knowledge of Dwayne.
Throughout motions hearing, the defense team has sought to raise the possibility that someone else killed the eight victims.

Nohilly said he has knowledge about gangs in Georgia and their activities.
"You would agree with me that gang activity involves more than one individual,'' Hamilton said.

"It has to,'' Nohilly responded.

He also acknowledged that gangs continue their activities even when one member is in prison and that Andy Anderson had been in the Insane Gangster Desciples.
"He could be a threat to the Toler family even if he was locked up,'' Hamilton suggested.
Nohilly said he didn't know if Anderson had been in a gang at the time of the killings.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...esumes-cross-examination-police#ixzz2hzTCIl8v

10:55 a.m.

Glynn County detention officer Kevin Bullard testified he booked Guy Heinze Jr. into the Glynn County jail Aug. 29, 2009.

At the time, Glynn County police had arrested Heinze only on drug charges.

Bullard said he took a pair of khaki shorts, a blue shirt, brown flip flops and black boxer shorts from Heinze when he was booked. He identified them in an evidence bag.

Heinze had $391.89 in cash when he came to the jail.

"I gave him some money to make phone calls with'' and deposited the rest in an inmate account in Heinze's name, Bullard testified.

The clothes were placed in a nylon mesh bag, he testified.

"You took all the clothes and put them in one bag on top of each other,'' defense lawyer Newell Hamilton said.

When Bullard said he did, Hamilton asked if he knew whether blood on some items could have cross-contaminated other items in the bag.

It's posssible, Bullard said.

Only sworn officers have contact with the bags, not inmate trusties, Bullard said.
Bullard said he took the bag with Heinze property room where only officers and no inmates are allowed.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...esumes-cross-examination-police#ixzz2hzYYLK3S

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back