NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today they're saying the spine was human. Jeez.

Steven, give us a hint! Or call your folks.

They always said the spine was human; the confusion was in the report about the other set of bones at Bonnie Springs.

Good to see you here, and congrats on the "mistake" ;)

I've snipped some of your excellent post.

I know everyone else sees "purposeful", but I just see someone walking down a street. Maybe it's hard to explain, but who doesn't walk "purposely" when they're walking? What would have been the opposite style of walk? Lurking, holding back, maybe doubling back to the car?

Steven's friends and relatives recognized his walk -- so did he always walk "purposefully?"

Why am I focusing on that?
Because the article you posted, fits into my beliefs about the case.

While passing out flyers, you'd have to have them in something - like a folder or portfolio. It's too hard to carry a stack of individual papers. Yet, flyers were found in his car, and they were very visible. It'd be interesting to know if they were dumped out, or neatly stacked.

Waiting until noon to get out of the car, sounds more like an appointment with himself, than with another person.

Repurposing the portfolio, to contain a note, sounds reasonable to me.

I've always said that the clue to his location, may have been litter (flyers) strewn by the wind.

Repurposing it to contain a handgun as well?

BREAKING NEWS: Bones Found at Red Rock Identified

LAS VEGAS -- The remains found at Red Rock National Conservation Area have been identified as 54-year-old John Rosholt of Scottsdale, Arizona.

The Clark County Coroners office was not able to determine the cause of death or when Rosholt died.
Hikers found Rosholt's bones last week at Black Velvet Canyon.

I believe Steven would be described similarly - and he doesn't sound like the kind of guy who would walk away either. But who's to say he didn't? He moved away from them months before. Maybe that was the first step.

Surely, there is always a reason for the person who walks away. At least in their own minds.

Who really knows what drives any person to do what they do?

If that is why SK moved...why get involved with Singles Ward, as well as take a calling and attend the temple? For every "similarity", there is an explanation for why it might not really apply to SK. Maybe if he was living with someone, stopped going to church, didn't attend the temple...one or all of these things, it would be easier to accept as plausible.

Good to see you here, and congrats on the "mistake" ;)

I've snipped some of your excellent post.

I know everyone else sees "purposeful", but I just see someone walking down a street. Maybe it's hard to explain, but who doesn't walk "purposely" when they're walking? What would have been the opposite style of walk? Lurking, holding back, maybe doubling back to the car?

Steven's friends and relatives recognized his walk -- so did he always walk "purposefully?"

Why am I focusing on that?
Because the article you posted, fits into my beliefs about the case.

While passing out flyers, you'd have to have them in something - like a folder or portfolio. It's too hard to carry a stack of individual papers. Yet, flyers were found in his car, and they were very visible. It'd be interesting to know if they were dumped out, or neatly stacked.

Waiting until noon to get out of the car, sounds more like an appointment with himself, than with another person.

Repurposing the portfolio, to contain a note, sounds reasonable to me.

I've always said that the clue to his location, may have been litter (flyers) strewn by the wind.

There were fliers in the car...hence the police calling his boss. Wouldn't he take all? Or maybe he took one as an example of his work....

There were fliers in the car...hence the police calling his boss. Wouldn't he take all? Or maybe he took one as an example of his work....

Yes, that's what I'm wondering about: since the flyers were visible, but it doesn't make sense to carry them "loose", were they just dumped out in the car - so the folder could be used for something else?

Since seekingsusan brought up the "spur of the moment" idea...I'm just wondering if that's where the portfolio/cardboard folder came from, and if the reverse side of one flyer, was used to pen a farewell note that was never found.

No flyers were passed out, or found, in SCA. BUT...you bring up a good question: did Steven make the flyers himself, or just pass them out? I'll ask.

BREAKING NEWS: Bones Found at Red Rock Identified

LAS VEGAS -- The remains found at Red Rock National Conservation Area have been identified as 54-year-old John Rosholt of Scottsdale, Arizona.

The Clark County Coroners office was not able to determine the cause of death or when Rosholt died.
Hikers found Rosholt's bones last week at Black Velvet Canyon.

But they COULD have googled, and found that he was last heard of around Christmas, 2004 with his last credit card usage on Jan 19, 2005:

John "The Gambler" Rosholt still missing.
Scottsdale climber has been missing since Christmas.

I'm just surprised that neither carbuff nor I came up with him as missing in the LV area, when we were doing those searches for similar cases.

ETA:
Rosholt's car was found, months later, almost 17 miles from where his remains were located.
MAP.

If that is why SK moved...why get involved with Singles Ward, as well as take a calling and attend the temple? For every "similarity", there is an explanation for why it might not really apply to SK. Maybe if he was living with someone, stopped going to church, didn't attend the temple...one or all of these things, it would be easier to accept as plausible.

I don't think his move to St George wast "dropping out", since he maintained close ties with his family. Outside of not having a job or any known close friends there, it sounds like his life in St George was similar to what he had in Northern Utah.

Then....he either dropped out and left it all behind, or drove 120 miles to become a crime victim.

We need more info on GW. I wish he or people he knew, would talk to us OR to LE - don't you?
I don't suspect GW of doing anything wrong (outside of some negligence), but he may have the key to the disappearance.

I don't think his move to St George wast "dropping out", since he maintained close ties with his family. Outside of not having a job or any known close friends there, it sounds like his life in St George was similar to what he had in Northern Utah.

Then....he either dropped out and left it all behind, or drove 120 miles to become a crime victim.

We need more info on GW. I wish he or people he knew, would talk to us OR to LE - don't you?
I don't suspect GW of doing anything wrong (outside of some negligence), but he may have the key to the disappearance.

I felt from the outset that the move to St. George was a transition phase to distance himself from family while testing the waters for moving on.

I felt from the outset that the move to St. George was a transition phase to distance himself from family while testing the waters for moving on.

Transition, yes. Not a total move.
Maybe a test, to see if he could make it on his own.
Maybe he was making it, much better than anyone knew (ie, cash built up).

I don't know how often he talked to his folks before he went to St George, but we've read about a "weekly" phone call between them, afterwards.

Transition, yes. Not a total move.
Maybe a test, to see if he could make it on his own.
Maybe he was making it, much better than anyone knew (ie, cash built up).

I don't know how often he talked to his folks before he went to St George, but we've read about a "weekly" phone call between them, afterwards.

BBM

totally disagree. not to make it on his own, he proved he could not. it was (in my opinion of course) to enable him to test the waters with male companions without the family looking over his shoulder.

who knows how many times he met up with dates until he met Mr. Right, or as I once described, Big Daddy Warbucks, whom he moved in with.

I know there are people who disagree with this assessment, but as we saw with Erick Wales, these straight laced 'religious' guys who can't measure up to family and church expectations sometimes just exit from the whole scene.

BBM

totally disagree. not to make it on his own, he proved he could not. it was (in my opinion of course) to enable him to test the waters with male companions without the family looking over his shoulder.

who knows how many times he met up with dates until he met Mr. Right, or as I once described, Big Daddy Warbucks, whom he moved in with.

I know there are people who disagree with this assessment, but as we saw with Erick Wales, these straight laced 'religious' guys who can't measure up to family and church expectations sometimes just exit from the whole scene.

I think we're saying the same thing, actually.

"Make it on his own", especially while living in an isolated house by himself, gives one a lot of space. We don't know what kind of visitors he had, if any.

I do know one thing: he wasn't at all recognized or known in the St George gay scene (which is actually quite large).

I agree...St George being between two places SLC LV.

On my wish list for info to look at, I would want to look @ maint info on his car...oil change services keep track of dates and miles, maybe a envelope in the glove box. I would go back as far as possible and see if there was any unusual spikes in miles, or freq of oil changes, in relation to events in his life before going missing.

....or maybe Steven's following GUSTER, who he apparently followed on a three-day road trip to Dallas, in late 2007.

This would have been while he worked at the Trib.
Kinda worldly in itself, I'd say.

Don't know why I never noticed the pictures on his own FB page before.

They always said the spine was human; the confusion was in the report about the other set of bones at Bonnie Springs.

Nope. Once again, the breaking news flash from 8NEWSNOW.com on Tuesday:

The Clark County Coroner says the remains found at Red Rock Canyon last week were not human. The bones were found by hikers. 8 News NOW will have more details later today.

That's neither here nor there at this point.

I do know one thing: he wasn't at all recognized or known in the St George gay scene (which is actually quite large).

not surprising. so long as he was doing the church thing he would not think of being seen with 'those' people his church detests.

I think we're saying the same thing, actually.

"Make it on his own", especially while living in an isolated house by himself, gives one a lot of space. We don't know what kind of visitors he had, if any.

It would only really take one other person. St. George is a relatively small town. If Steven was doing everything he could to keep up appearances, I doubt he would have been out and about living an alternative lifestyle. Or perhaps he was doing everything he could to change/deny his true feelings.

Wonder if JZ would know about any visitors.

But they COULD have googled, and found that he was last heard of around Christmas, 2004 with his last credit card usage on Jan 19, 2005:

John "The Gambler" Rosholt still missing.
Scottsdale climber has been missing since Christmas.

I'm just surprised that neither carbuff nor I came up with him as missing in the LV area, when we were doing those searches for similar cases.

ETA:
Rosholt's car was found, months later, almost 17 miles from where his remains were located. MAP.

I find it very concerning that his car was at the Silverton and he was at Red Rock Canyon. How did he get there? I hope LE is seriously looking into this.

Nope. Once again, the breaking news flash from 8NEWSNOW.com on Tuesday:

The Clark County Coroner says the remains found at Red Rock Canyon last week were not human. The bones were found by hikers. 8 News NOW will have more details later today.

That's neither here nor there at this point.

So the missing man who's already been ID'd, is not human?

There were two sets of remains. One was human and ID'd; one was not human.

I find it very concerning that his car was at the Silverton and he was at Red Rock Canyon. How did he get there? I hope LE is seriously looking into this.

17 miles is not very far for a fit mountaineer/backpacker to hike in a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk