2010.07.01 Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am quite confuzzled. It just pooped in my head ( my typo and I am leaving it) that there just might be chance that this was all about control over Terri from the beginning. Hmmm there is alot more here than meets the eye. I could come up with a whole conspiracy theory that is just as odd as what I have seen in the past month.

Is there a slim chance that this has all been orchestrated by someone else????

I admire that so much! (the typo)

That said, I think we may be in for quite a shock if the truth ever comes out. People here are not easily fooled and have been picking up on little "oddities" from the beginning without being disrespectful to anyone involved. Everyone here knows you can't afford to take anyone at face value. Hate to sound paranoid, but it's true.

Surely LE is scrutinizing everything and everyone just as closely as we are. I hope so.

K.

Yea, I think it somehow has to do with Terri hiring the big guns attorney yesterday. Do they think she's hiding behind her attorney, or are they feeling something else - such as jealousy or more importantly: a loss of control over Terri.

Because after all, nothing new was gained today except his birthmark and allergy to bees. And their show of control!

Good point, because the one really telling comment from TH so far that really appears to ring true is when she said she didn't understand about him leaving because she had been doing "everything he told me to do" up to that point.

jmo

I think you're referring to the incident from June 13th:

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...erence-sheriff-calls-off-kyron-horman-search/

The note was posted in response to the Oregonian article that questioned the response time of the school and LE. I don't know how to imbed the image of the note, but the note read:

"Dear Oregonian:

Your implied criticism of law enforcement effort in this search is not the majority opinion by anyone we've talked to in this neighborhood.

Frankly, your Sunday article on the front page is .

Love,

The owner of this building
Removal of this notice gets media kicked off the property

(Stuart, we don't feel this way about you)"

------------

Actually, this note helped narrow some things down for me. The ONLY person I don't suspect at this point is Stuart. I'm am 100% certain that Stuart was not involved. IMO.

Thank you for finding that. I remember now that there wasn't any criticism of LE in that article. Make me wonder what they were smokin.

My theory is that the Oregonian will go out there with new inspiration to dig, dig dig. TH's atty knows he needs them. The Oregonian drives Oregon news like it or not, Kaine.
Gloves are off. "There will be blood."

imho

If anyone noticed on Stephen Houze's website, alot of the articles linked there are from the Oregonian, on past cases. Could that be related? Terri's defense atty seems to get along just fine with the Oregonian.

The statement wasn't what I expected, but then I have the strong feeling it was not directed at me. It was a desperate measure to do something to try to get Kyron back. I feel for DY, because that must have been incredibly hard to do, to deliver. I don't even want to analyze it, though I could. Since the horror going on isn't about me, I don't take offense at what they feel they have to do to try to save their little boy, if there is any chance at all they can. They owe me nothing and him everything, and his life is at stake. The press will attend to their own hurt feelings, and will be fine as long as they have a story.

OK... let's think. There was a huge argument Saturday that started around 5:30 or so (don't remember the exact time of the first 911 call). Someone at the Horman home was being 'threatened'. LE came out, and then apparently left. Things did not settle down because a second "child custody" call happened around 11:00 pm that night. KH left with the baby and has successfully managed to get a RO, so that must mean TH was the aggressor in Saturday's event - but she wasn't arrested. Up until this Saturday event, all four of the adults in this case appeared to be supporting each other. Does anyone else have any more information about those 911 calls?

So,who's getting played here,you know,this whole thing is off,only ones I feel confident in is Desiree and Tony.For all we know TH could have been set up,I think she hasn't been,but if she is the one,why did she do this and why in the heck is he not showing any emotion and looks so nervous?What is all this "control" thing going on?I feel like we're being put to bed for 12 hours and having to stay there till someone comes and gets us and that's suppose to be normal,NOT.

This is too wierd,I mean I feel sorry for Desiree,but she's not wanted custody of either child,the fathers have raised both boys and Terri has raised Kyron.So,what was the reason,if she did,hide Kyron?She knows there's tons of other family she could have reached out to,I'm just not getting it.Oh by the way,if I left home and came back to find my baby gone,you better believe 911 would have to be called. If this was a divorce play,it's sure worked to this point,whose in control? :waitasec:

all that being said (and yes, to answer your "my gosh" yes I have seen quite a few of these cases and realize the guidance they were not just 'most likely' but were reportedly under as per their delayed response after questions this morning),

again all that being said, where do you place this case with any other with (sorry for the term) part-time bio mom calling out the step mother of her missing child. The Step mother who her ex husband has recently filed for divorce and filed for a family child abuse prevention restraining order against (and taken her pride and joy.... her baby girl).

I don't see this case as an oh my gosh.. see the similtarities case at all! I have never seen something like this!

it is nuts!

Welcome to the nut house :blowkiss:

One was allowed back in. WW stayed out.

They weren't allowed back in either, but allowed to stand with the group to get the feed from ABC's one allowed camera which taped DY's statement. The reporters were sent outside for an hour while that was written and discussed, then only ABC went back inside according to the links.

jmo

Get outta my head! I've been sitting here asking myself....what birthmark on his forehead? :waitasec:

I have to step in here and say that my daughter and I both have a similar birthmark (similar to Kyron's, it seems).
It's not always obvious, but if we get stressed out, excited, laugh or cry it flares up like a red "V" in the middle of the forehead. I'm very conscious of it but others don't notice it until it's pointed out - or until it flares up (kinda like a lil devil :innocent: )
I imagine this is similar to what the family is explaining about Kyron. It's possibly only something that'll be noticed up close and personal, not necessarily in a photo.

This has probably been mentioned previously somewhere on this thread or the board, but this case just keeps getting more mysterious by the minute. It's like an episode of LOST, where with each news story comes more questions than answers. I am, like many, inclined to also believe the SM is the guilty party, but the family's actions as a whole are just different than the parents most child abduction cases I have seen on the news. I don't understand the lack of emotion from the BD (compared to for instance Somer Thompson and Haleigh Cumming's dad), or the certainty of BM that Kyron is still alive after 3 weeks (although I hope the same). And now the scripted twice a week news conferences where they take questions, come back with a scripted answer and where nothing can be reported unless they give their word (even though I don't really believe it's a hoax anymore it kind of reminds me of the media control of Balloon Boys parents). I don't know what to make of what's going on.

Source for news conference confusion: http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/01/kyron-hormans-family-boots-ww-and-the-oregonian/

Hi, And then for Desiree to ask the public to be looking for Kyron when she and his immediate family is not - has not since the beginning, hit me the wrong way. I don't care if it was at the request of LE. I agree with Marc Klaas it was a wrong move. You wouldn't be able to stop me.

This has probably been mentioned previously somewhere on this thread or the board, but this case just keeps getting more mysterious by the minute. It's like an episode of LOST, where with each news story comes more questions than answers. I am, like many, inclined to also believe the SM is the guilty party, but the family's actions as a whole are just different than the parents most child abduction cases I have seen on the news. I don't understand the lack of emotion from the BD (compared to for instance Somer Thompson and Haleigh Cumming's dad), or the certainty of BM that Kyron is still alive after 3 weeks (although I hope the same). And now the scripted twice a week news conferences where they take questions, come back with a scripted answer and where nothing can be reported unless they give their word (even though I don't really believe it's a hoax anymore it kind of reminds me of the media control of Balloon Boys parents). I don't know what to make of what's going on.

Source for news conference confusion: http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/01/kyron-hormans-family-boots-ww-and-the-oregonian/

I am baffled too. Is this a concerted effort to drive Terri over the edge?
Too much strange stuff going on. Made me jump back on the fence again about Terri's involvement and/or killing Kyron. And may be, just may be Kyron is still alive. Gosh, I sincerely hope so. At least that presser did give me a little bit of hope again for this precious child.
I also have doubts about Terri having an extra marital affair. She kind of let her appearance go. Wonder what caused that. A new love would just do the opposite IMO.

I'm still quite stunned to be honest. Probably should just keep quiet until it digests. But, bee allergies is HUGE! Birthmark is HUGE! Kicking out media is HUGE! And of course the poorly filmed video speaks for itself. Directly calling out TH is NOT OKAY. What if Kyron is lost or ran away? Why leave the family home if Kyron is lost or ran away? (Wouldn't blame the poor little boy if he did run away.) What if Kyron wants to come home but cannot b/c of all this chit?! Jerry Springer just stepped in if you ask me. Something is amiss.

I would like to believe Kyron is in that forest on a camping trip where the family member writes those weird children's stories and safe and this is a hoax. I cannot. The stink is too bad here.

Is there a big scream icon somewhere? I am very frustrated right now and need to scream.

People... my gosh.

STRATEGY. Dad, mom, and step-dad are not pulling these moves out of thin air. They are not pulling the strings regarding the media (following the coverage, writing on chat boards). They are under the guidance of LE, who knows what's going on and are doing the job... which includes keeping the details of the investigation under wraps, but to the chagrin of folks on WS.

There's a *message* in both the form (who was there, what was around, where it was held) and content of today's event (the statement, more humanizing info. shared [as they did in the joint interview last week]).

I agree with other posters: the entire event was directed at the SM by LE investigators... as the step-dad would well understand.

my god, Kitcat. you make so much sense to me!

Well, I for one am going to be reading the WW from now on...I think the Oregonion will be LESS inclined to print anything "offensive" that might deny them access to the twice-weekly meetings which seem to be slated from now until like...forever?

People... my gosh.

STRATEGY. Dad, mom, and step-dad are not pulling these moves out of thin air. They are not pulling the strings regarding the media (following the coverage, writing on chat boards). They are under the guidance of LE, who knows what's going on and are doing the job... which includes keeping the details of the investigation under wraps, but to the chagrin of folks on WS.

There's a *message* in both the form (who was there, what was around, where it was held) and content of today's event (the statement, more humanizing info. shared [as they did in the joint interview last week]).

I agree with other posters: the entire event was directed at the SM by LE investigators... as the step-dad would well understand.

I respectfully disagree. Le is not a puppeteer.LE can make (and surely they have) suggestions to and advice about how and what to "reveal" in these kangaroo court pressers, but they could not preclude a willing fool (who has a missing child) from hoisting himself on his high pitard because he has a messy personal life.

Poor Kyron.

I've looked at all the pics of him I have saved on my computer. In some of them he's younger; in some he's excited. I don't see a birthmark. Wouldn't someone on here have noticed it?

Information said when Kyron gets upset/cries the birth mark becomes more noticeable/prominent. Maybe the pics of him are adjusted for redness and he doesn't look upset/crying in any of the pics.

Regarding the allergy to bees: To know he is allergic to bees, Kyron must have had a prior sting resulting in allergic symptoms. An allergy to bee stings can result in death, especially in a child. Family must have been told a second sting would be far worse. They would have been instructed to get an Epi-pen for any such emergency.

IMO it's absolutely negligent they didn't give this information to the public immediately. There is no reason to withhold it. moo mho

I have to step in here and say that my daughter and I both have a similar birthmark (similar to Kyron's, it seems).
It's not always obvious, but if we get stressed out, excited, laugh or cry it flares up like a red "V" in the middle of the forehead. I'm very conscious of it but others don't notice it until it's pointed out - or until it flares up (kinda like a lil devil :innocent: )
I imagine this is similar to what the family is explaining about Kyron. It's possibly only something that'll be noticed up close and personal, not necessarily in a photo.

Agreed, cannot see it in photo. Have one on my neck. Only shows up when I'm upset or getting sick. In fact, in junior high, my friends nicknamed me "monkeybite" once they noticed it. Although I had never had a monkey bite. Would not be seen in a photo at all. Baby photos either.

I'll tell you one thing, if I were an investigative reporter in that room I'd have walked out and then really started digging before I'd genuflect and bow to Kaine's agenda. I mean seriously, who does he think he is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer