jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 10TH DAY #54 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh*

Don't forget global warming, the economy, and those annoying inserts in magazines. All Jodi. :rolleyes:

:eek:fftobed:

It has not been submitted as evidence yet. I have not seen a copy anywhere. Allegedly, 18 pages of "short and sweet". I'd hate to get a long letter from her, if it's anything like her long testimony.

Is that the letter Jodi says she sent to Travis' grandmother when she talks about the 20 Irises she sent!

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 22 - Part 1 - YouTube
If you look at this at about 52 minute mark Juan is asking about the cuts on her hands and if they came from the stabbing. JA says at about 52:40 she did not remember the stabbing at that point in time. Am I wrong or didn't she testify on direct that she never remembered the stabbing. If you watch her eyes when she says this it's like she knows she made a mistake. I wish Juan had called her out on that and asked at what point in time she remembered the stabbing.

I picked up on that immediately because I saw her eyes shift to look at her team for direction. Her answer was something like I didnt remember it then.

Ok instead of "I still don't remember anything about a stabbing"

~bbm

Your honor, Judge or Judge Stevens all are appropriate. If communication has already been established, there's no need to address the judge formally with monikers. So if you've already said, good morning your honor, for example, it's okay to ask a question without repeating the "your honor, etc." part.

To the rest of your post, I don't think Nurmi was coaching. Just reacting in a less than discreet manner. I think he's just sick of Martinez's method of cross.

Actually I think he is sick of trying to defend a client that he cannot control. And I think Nurmi made a huge mistake in letting JA ramble on and on and on for nine days embellishing each story as she went. Those little extra details that she just had to add to every sentence out of her mouth during that time has come back to bite them both in the butt.

I think the biggest joke of all with her is that she was going to commit suicide. She could have cut herself deeper with a piece of paper. She talks about it to freely. I can't even believe something as serious as she was going to commit suicide.

Let me preface this comment with this: My view on the issue of suicide may be distorted after living with a BPD mother who uses it as a tool to get attention

I don't believe for one moment JA ever intended suicide. If anything she played like she was for attention or to try to make a better defense case for herself. People who actually want to commit suicide do, very rarely do the try and fail. She wasn't in a position where she spoke about it and someone intervened, so if she actually wanted to she would have...successfully. IMHO, of course.

I've been away since the last day of direct...unfortunately not for anything good, my very dear grandma passed away. I've been able to listen to maybe half of the testimony since then on Youtube and I have to say JA angers me even more with grief fresh on my heart...how dare she further hurt TA's family and those flowers to TA's grandma, despicable!

Anyway, I'm glad to be back in the company of my insightful and good humored WSer's.

:rose: I'm sorry for the loss of your dear grandma, KP.

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 22 - Part 1 - YouTube
If you look at this at about 52 minute mark Juan is asking about the cuts on her hands and if they came from the stabbing. JA says at about 52:40 she did not remember the stabbing at that point in time. Am I wrong or didn't she testify on direct that she never remembered the stabbing. If you watch her eyes when she says this it's like she knows she made a mistake. I wish Juan had called her out on that and asked at what point in time she remembered the stabbing.

I also remember Jodi saying that she didn't remember the stabbing at that point in time. I expected Juan to ask her when she started remembering it. I don't think he caught that, though.

Is that the letter Jodi says she sent to Travis' grandmother when she talks about the 20 Irises she sent!

Yes, that's it--18 pages. And in the video interview she said it was a "short and sweet" note.

It is probably not likely Arias was abused as she claims. That could also be said of Casey Anthony as she too is a pathological liar. Although, I could see Anthony being a subject of psychological abuse by her parents.

As for someone like Jerry Sandusky, Fred Phelps, or Lori Drew, I think there is a possibility they were abused. My impression about them are they are repressing something ugly from their childhood.

I think it's highly likely she suffered abuse as a child .. especially emotional abuse via her mom - just a vibe. I don't think she came out of nowhere .. I just don't think it's much of an excuse .. something created her.

OK, that'll do.

te1dd1a_beating-a-dead-horse.gif

I thought I was in to sadomasochism, necrophilia and bestiality, but I realized was just beating a dead horse....

Oh yea, I also wanted to join in with those on the live thread this afternoon who heard JA admit that her hand injury occurred on June 4th 2008. I was at my desk and starting clapping, but then work beckoned. I wanted to log in and say "YES! YES! I heard it too!". I think there is a reason JA held back on the confrontation about that. I give him mad props for that. I would have been "say what"??? And then JA would have spun out of it. JM is saving that little nugget. I just know it.

Yes, Bada Bing -- Iris was the character played so ably by Jodie Foster (one of my all-time favorite actresses, BTW.) That is just dayam spooky, IMO.

We know Jodi is apparently a big movie watcher. Were these names from her knowing, conscious mind, or were they from somewhere dark and frightening inside her? (This is a serious question.)

Lead character....Travis :furious:

Wonder if she was a Hitchcock fan?

From your lips to God's ears.

Oh yeah, did they subpoena god yet for the rebuttal? I know Juan mentioned it first thing this morning.

Can't talk to God, he's under a subpoena!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not have a link...
It was mentioned in court
They showed part of a 48hours interview.

It was just a short note. per Jodi
18 pages

Anyone want to guess how many times she used the words "I, me, mine, myself" in those 18 pages which were supposed to comfort Travis' family? I'll guess it was over 300 times. (Me, me, me. It's alllllllll about me, Jodi.)

When she was on the stand... Lawyers were at a long sidebar, it broke up and nurmi went over to Jodi and started whispering in her ear....what the heck was that?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never seen anything like that in a court of law. Maybe one of our attorneys can answer the question. Have they ever seen a defense attorney be able to go up to his client, on the stand, after a huge objection and long sidebar, and be able to have a private conversation with their client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie