GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #6

I totally agree......he showed threats of violence in his facebook postings as I recall...Knot4u2kno could you repost your thoughts on Jason here....I can't remember them clearly, also now that you know more about the crimes has that changed your thoughts on him. I personally cannot see how this kid could possibly have been as he was described to turn that violent 'just like that' there must have been other instances.

I still hope a top writer decides to investigate this story and writes a proper book on it, I really think this is a story that needs to be told properly with care and research. Lots in it.

I did find this ... This is an excerpt from a post you made based our early communications about this case. I am referring to some of Downie’s posts on his MySpace, etc. The post was subsequently edited due to the suppression order.

Regarding his posts, how about “my fav movies are proberly scary movie, saw, ...” (which is scary in terms of parallels ) + the poll he apparently created:

If you had a 1 day 2 live what would you do
1. Have a Massive Party With All Your Friends
2. Kill Yourself Now
3. Beat Up People
4. Just Do What You Would Do On A Normal Day
5. Blow Up The School

And last, but not least:
Have a crush on anyone? : Yes
Want to get married? : yes

Just some thoughts ... lots more research to do. Looking forward to why he left Scotland ... he noted his first fight was in Scotland.

Still wonder what all happened in Scotland.
Russell

http://au.news.yahoo.com/sa/latest/...exclusive-how-detectives-caught-jason-downie/

How police caught downie

Ohhhhh "i knew he had it in him"..................that says it all

Its just my thoughts but i dont think it gets any worse than this. I dont care if it was his first time. He can't possibly be rehabilitated and released. I dont think he even understands the enormosity of his actions. He had plenty of time to stop what he was doing yet he killed THREE people and hacked them up a bit more even when they were dead. There absoloutly no excuses. This is the worst of the wost of the worst. Inc the way he behaved after the crimes. Totally sickening.

If he did not go there plannig to kill them and the weapon was a knife from the house, i am still really surprised he was able to take out the father, who looked like a big bloke well capable of taking on a scrawy 50 something kg kid. I guess you cant argue with what happened though but i am just really shocked what happened.

Almost 1.5 years on and i am still thinking about it all.

Sentence is far too light considering the way they died. It does not seem right.

20th April 2012. See 7 news video: Psychological Assessment on Downie Slammed by DPP.
Dr. Sandy McFarlane, Psychiatrist, confirms that someone who murders three people is abnormal and is a risk to the community.
In the darkness of night, he parked his car around the corner. He climbed through the bathroom window, then murdered one human being with multiple stab wounds He then murdered another human being with multiple stab wounds. He then continued on and pursued the third human being, stabbed her, raped her vaginally and anally as he stabbed and murdered her. He then inflicted more stab wounds to his two earlier victims. All in the darkness of night - when most people in the town were at home in bed for the night. Unknown to anyone.

We may never know if he brought a knife or not. He has lied repeatedly throughout this case. The knives have not been found.

This side of his character, active deep in his mind, was most likely generally hidden away from others. But the obsession and murderous rage grew and eventually took over him.

As shown above, his friend commented after the murders: " ... but I knew he had it in him...".
This is disturbing in it itself. One hopes that D did not share details of his sexual experiences with Chantal.

This case has me spinning still too. Just can't let go of the sorrow, shock, sickness and senseless of it all. JIMO, as I said before, if he blindsided so many this time around, the thing that could evolve after a few more years of practising his supressed rage would be completely unthinkable. To say that he would not be a danger in society after release is pure foolishness......most (obviously not all), but most people he knew can't get around the fact that he committed this crime! So who knows what he would/will do in later years. I simply hate him......childish I know....but I hate him. I saw how cold, emotionless and removed he is. The pain and terror his victims suffered blanks my mind with horror.... their surviving family and friend's sorrow and anguish is tangible... yet he sat there without a trace of humanity....I hate him.....I hope he suffers mentally, physically and emotionally every nano-second of his miserable life.....apologies for the childishness but I just had to say it.

Is the sentence being appealed as far too light?

If ever a perpetrator needs his papers to be stamped 'never be released' it is this one.
Surely the victims deserve this at the very least.

I don't know how the remaining family member/s, close friends and loved ones cope with the details of this most horrible of crimes.

I don't think there is any chance for an appeal. 'It', (sorry I won't speak his name), gave instructions to his lawyer to not argue nor appeal any sentence handed down. I don't believe it was a case of acceptance of wrong doing nor acceptance the he deserves what he gets....I think he know he is more likely to actually be safer inside. He can rot..

Reference to past violence: from aussiecriminals and crooks:
Gina says:
November 30, 2010 at 1:40 pm
"...It is said that he was infactuated with a girl before Chantelle ... she too rejected his affection. He responded by beating this girl quite badly, yet she did not lay any charges, nor did the parents try to push her into doing so. Because of this, he received nothing for this treatment of the girl. HE GOT AWAY WITH IT... which begins a violent pattern when rejection...Chantelle was definatly a case of IF I CANNOT HAVE HER NO ONE WILL... he went after what he wanted at all costs. This boy blacks out in rage and looses all concept of reality, he just sees red and cannot control what he is doing or thinking, which makes him a very dangerous person for may years to come...".

There were signs, but we are only uncovering them now given his horrific murderous crimes.

Posted Nov 27 2010 aussiecriminals and crooks:
"...His FB page displayed a dp of his victim and himself; the timing of this would be important; the first friend on his FB page was called “Midnight Killer’ with a dp of a huge metallic robot (wonder who this represented?). He watched his victim at netball etc; he monitored his victim’s relationships with others; he initiated contact with his victim. He was not interested.

Songs listed on his bebo especially: ‘Tick. Tock. I’m coming. I’m coming…’
seem ‘robotic’ and speak about vengeance and death. The content is dark and disturbing. It is not about love and romance at all, but seems intense, possessive and dark.

Most young 16 year old girls would not know how to handle someone like this; the victim may have felt uncomfortable and only expressed it to close family/friends...".

There were signs, but we are only uncovering them now given his horrific murderous crimes.

I don't get how both the judge and psychologist can assume that this was a one off incident based on him not having any psychological disorders.

Surely that fact would make him more likely to re offend because it is obviously whom he is NORMALLY? It's not like there was another disorder, drugs or alcohol clouding his judgement... Surely all it would take is for him to become obsessed over another girl again? How do they rehabilitate someone whom they deem to not have a problem?

Article in Adelaide Now today discussing him possibly being deported at the end of his sentence: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/downie-faces-exile-to-scotland/story-e6frea6u-1226338331772

Really, his sentence should never end.
If a triple murder of this type doesn't justify a whole of life sentence I don't know what does.

I totally agree...if someone takes another's life/lives the guilty should NEVER be freed...full stop, end of story, case closed. But, I believe it is the case that the law is providing a glimmer to those convicted to encourage a straight guilty plea. A straight forward plea then saves untold stress/impact upon anyone who is a victim/involved, plus, the ugly truth, it also save enourmous amounts of money to process such cases. I don't necessarily agree with this theory but I understand where it is coming from.

As it is said....."there is the law and there is justice....often they are two different thing"

Very long article on this tragedy, written and published for SA Police Blueprint magazine.

http://www.sapolicenews.com.au/more-news/blueprint/9117-kapunda-catching-a-killer.html

When Andrew didn't arrive for an appointment the next day, the alarm was raised. Kapunda-based officer Senior Constable Justin Doherty was first to the house. "I got to the front door and I looked through the side window, there was blood everywhere. The door was unlocked. I walked through the house to see if anyone was alive. But it was obvious no-one could have survived this. I was in shock. I just froze. It was horrendous," Senior Constable Doherty said.

Haven't read it"all yet, wanted to share.

Thank you for sharing sweetcaro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very long article on this tragedy, written and published for SA Police Blueprint magazine.

http://www.sapolicenews.com.au/more-news/blueprint/9117-kapunda-catching-a-killer.html

Haven't read it"all yet, wanted to share.
Very informative. This overview of the SAPOL investigation is helpful to take a retrospective look at it all. Well done SAPOL and all those SES and other members of the community and Forensic Teams who worked with you on this horrific case. My opinion only.

He got a minimum 35 years???? He murdered 3 people. 3! Ohmygosh!!! :mad:

Salem

He got a minimum 35 years???? He murdered 3 people. 3! Ohmygosh!!! :mad:

Salem

Yep that's the way we roll down here.

It can be incredibly frustrating.

I take consolation that as a Scottish citizen, this freak will be paroled then sent straight back to where he came from.

I'm sure the Scots amongst us won't be too thrilled about that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back