IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if someone you knew went missing? I feel like we are indicting(sp) a bunch of kids with really no evidence. I hope Lauren is ok somewhere.

Not indicting. Discussing thoughts, opinions, possibilities and in cases like Lauren's, I change my opinion's frequently as more info becomes available.

LS's Mom: ...Shame on t person who harmed L and same (shame) to t person/s who know about this information [and need to come forward]...(paraphrased)

If not for the fight, I would be leaning more toward a stranger abduction. Right now, the fight having happened keeps me stuck on the group LE seems to be focusing on, at least for now. True, it could be a non-factor but it happened and could have led to a motive to harm Lauren, or the harming of Lauren by accident in an altercation.

Capt: keep in mind that even though someone may not appear in video, that can be valuable for our purposes

Thanks epiphany- I thought this was an interesting statement. In what context did he say this? Was it in reply to a direct question?

Not indicting. Discussing thoughts, opinions, possibilities and in cases like Lauren's, I change my opinion's frequently as more info becomes available.

I think everyone is being very fair with this case. I haven't seen any of the POI's be the top of the discussion opinions for long.

It's definetly not like Hailey or Kyron where everyone was really quick to indict the stepmom and stepdad.

Here we are all REALLY open to new theories.

Could not do it justice, Jane---was hard to hear the reporters' questions; also, could not type and watch at same time!

IMO, tension between the media and Captain. Need to replay it. A lot of questions on who was NOT interviewed, as well as reasons the video not being released.

Thanks epiphany- I thought this was an interesting statement. In what context did he say this? Was it in reply to a direct question?

It was in response to a question/s. Media pressed for info, but Captain remained firm.

Many questions pressing the Captain to explain how all 10 POIs are not interviewed yet.

It was in response to a question/s. Media pressed for info, but Captain remained firm.

Thanks-

Just hoping he had someone particular in mind when he said it, but prob reading too much into it. Just speaking in generalities I'm sure.

Yes, was an interesting comment. May indicate statements given to LE, do not match what they know from t video-who was where and with whom, at what time.

Did he say anything about Tim Miller (TE) searching today? Curious if he doing land or water searches?

I'd be surprised if any of the fellow students had anything to do with her disappearance. these kids have way too much to lose over killing a girl and dumping her body for a single night's stupidity.

only time will tell.

Tim Miller and ESearch arriving today.

IMO, the tension between the media and Captain was thick. Very much doubt this is stranger abduction. Mom's comments cemented that for me.

If not for the fight, I would be leaning more toward a stranger abduction. Right now, the fight having happened keeps me stuck on the group LE seems to be focusing on, at least for now. True, it could be a non-factor but it happened and could have led to a motive to harm Lauren, or the harming of Lauren by accident in an altercation.
Or it put a spotlight on Lauren and triggered twisted fantasies in a sadistic perp's mind.

Do you mean the "shame on you" comment from Mom?

Young adult college kids>fine line between eluding police and left the area/state to return home for summer break (be back soon for questioning!).They've got their hands full with the media, the integrity of the investigation, the attorneys, the POIs' reputations, the amount of focus on t case due to effective use of social technology, and the demand for answers.

Or it put a spotlight on Lauren and triggered twisted fantasies in a sadistic perp's mind.

Police have said Lauren herself was not involved in any fight. I don't think that fight itself had anything to do with her going missing.

I honestly don't know what to think. I do not believe that college-age young men are less likely to commit crimes against young women; they are probably the most likely, if we had the stats. Even if the person is not one of the current POI's, he could well be another college student, as the population of that area seems to be almost completely college students and those awake and out at the hour might well be college students. Lots of young men have rage issues or a short fuse, and no one really knows to what degree until it is too late.

I do think the fight is a factor, at least for now. Lauren may not have been "involved" but she may have been the reason. No one would want to admit to that once she is missing, but I believe it was related.

Paraphrasing---t video gives us t direction, but also t activity that has taken place...distinction tween your responsibility and ours-we r not to t point that we can release that yet (video)

BBM

This has my curiosity piqued.

The video gives us the direction.....I assume this to mean the direction they were travelling??

The activity that has taken place....Activity by Lauren & CR within the camera view? Activity throughout the night, ie. others passing thru video? Car activity in the video?

They have made it sound like all the alley cam caught was Lauren and CR walking thru the camera view to his place, like it was nothing big. This statement regarding "activity" makes me wonder.

Do you mean the "shame on you" comment from Mom?

Yes, and shame on the others who may know something (Mom never said---the college kids)---not a leap for me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46