GUILTY PA - Rebecca Stahl, 37, Hempfield, 18 February 2012

Rebecca Stahl, 37, of Hempfield, was last seen at her home on Seton View Drive Monday morning. Her father, Kenneth Anderson, told police he was worried about his daughter -- a math teacher at Derry Middle School -- because she "had recently undergone a medical procedure and doesn't have her prescribed medication," Trooper Stephen Limani said.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12054/1212148-100.stm?cmpid=latest.xml#ixzz1nDQiyr5g

Seton View Dr, Greensburg, PA 15601 - Google Maps

(general area from what the article posted)

Has anyone had any luck finding the order for protection?

Her father says he reported her missing on Tuesday when he hadn't talked to her in 3 days - which would be Saturday. He also said she hadn't been in contact with her sisters, which was odd because she talked to her sister/sisters practically every day. She missed girls night out on Saturday without explanation. I think it's safe to assume she's been missing since at least Saturday.

The news reports say she was last seen at home on Monday morning, but I'm a bit suspicious of that report given all of the above. Whoever saw her on Monday morning at home claims she was wearing a track suit and sneakers - to suggest, perhaps, that she went out for a walk or some exercise? IF that is so, and all was well on Monday morning, why had her family not heard from her after she didn't show up Saturday night?

I want to know where the husband is and if he is the one who claims to have seen her on Monday morning. If it was him, why didn't he report her missing? Her father did that on Tuesday, after three days of no word from her. It is alarming to me that her husband did not report her disappearance if he hadn't seen her since Monday morning.

And the stepchildren - were they home over the weekend or did they spend the weekend with their mother? Did they see Rebecca on Monday morning?

Red flags all around on this one, especially given the history of marital violence.

bbm: excellent point: re: were stepchildren at the home or was hubby the last one to see her

What do they mean she and her husband "had" a violent history? Are they still together? Does he still live with her? Or does "had" mean they split up at some point? Some of the comments mention her stepchildren. Are they husband's children? Where are they? Where is he? Why didn't he report her missing?

Honestly, I don't know why they bother publicizing a missing person when they give the public zero pertinent information. Could she be at a woman's shelter? Hiding from her husband at a friend's house? What kind of car does she drive? Is the car missing? If she's on meds she may have had an accident somewhere. Did her father check with hospitals? Call her doctor? Has she left before?

It would help to know all these things. Why don't reporters report anymore?

^^^^all this^^^^

So many things unanswered!

Those comments left by her student almost had me in tears. :(

Me, too. I am deathly afraid for Rebecca. I do not believe she would worry her family and her students like this voluntarily and deliberately. She's obviously a well-loved teacher, daughter, sister and friend. I think she has to be incapacitated somehow, and I am fearing the worst.

Please, please let her be a Jane Doe in a hospital somewhere.

I wonder what the recent surgery was? That seems to be an important point the father wants to make for some reason?? If it was just pain medication she was without, I wouldn't think there would be such concern about her needing it. Seems like a major surgery since she was taking medical leave, but on the other hand the sister expected her for a girls night out, so she must have been mobile and moving around. Just has me curious.

I wonder what the recent surgery was? That seems to be an important point the father wants to make for some reason?? If it was just pain medication she was without, I wouldn't think there would be such concern about her needing it. Seems like a major surgery since she was taking medical leave, but on the other hand the sister expected her for a girls night out, so she must have been mobile and moving around. Just has me curious.
12 weeks of medical leave is a LOT imhoo.... I could see 2-3 weeks for abdominal surgery, etc.. and as a nurse I am trying to think what could = 12 weeks.. and I am thinking a knee replacement, etc? (just speculating) or some other type of surgery with therapy that follows...(cancer surgery and treatment? etc)

would be helpful if they put out a silver alert for her considering the fact that she has a current medical issue.

I further hope they are using tracking dogs from the home...

I don't want to be nosy, but this piqued my interest as well. 12 weeks medical leave is quite a while. I worked on a surgical ward in the past and it's highly unusual to get that much medical leave for routine procedures (hernia, hysterectomy, gallbladder, etc). I was left wondering as well; especially since she was well enough to attend a girl's night out after 4 weeks. Some kind of joint surgery maybe - knee or hip? That would make teaching very difficult, but she could still go out for a couple hours with friends and help.

Whatever it is, I'm very worried for her.

12 weeks of medical leave is a LOT imhoo.... I could see 2-3 weeks for abdominal surgery, etc.. and as a nurse I am trying to think what could = 12 weeks.. and I am thinking a knee replacement, etc? (just speculating) or some other type of surgery with therapy that follows...(cancer surgery and treatment? etc)

would be helpful if they put out a silver alert for her considering the fact that she has a current medical issue.

I was wondering too, but it is possible she saved up her vacation time/sick time and is using it all for the final months of this school year. If that's the case, that might be indicative that she was possibly planning for a change in her life/move during these months plus the summer?

BBM. I posted the same time you did. I found 12 weeks to be an unusually long time as well. Joint replacement, mastectomy, something with a long recovery. Though nothing was mentioned about physical therapy or chemo/XRT appointments.

Given the surgery/medical leave and the fact she did not take her car means to me she did not voluntarily take off by herself. Which means someone helped her disappear. Voluntarily or otherwise.

I usually don't say I feel a hinky going on this early into a missing persons case, but I will because:

When I first read the case on Facebook yesterday afternoon, I thought maybe she was single and either living alone or with her parents since her father was the one that reported her missing.

Then last night, they had a picture of her and her husband together on the 11pm news. They then stated that her and her husband had a volatile relationship and she had a PFA against him in the past....

Now they had to get a search warrant and the Westmoreland county forensics team searched the house....

Something isn't adding up. I think that LE might know more than they are saying....

Rebecca I. Stahl, 37, of 803 Seton View Drive, Hempfield, was reported missing by her father, Kenneth Anderson of Greensburg, said Trooper Steve Limani, spokesman at the Greensburg barracks.

Stahl recently had surgery and does not have her prescribed medication, Limani said.

Stahl, who teaches math to sixth-graders, started a 12-week medical leave on Jan. 24, according to Derry Area School District records.

Read more: Derry Area Middle School teacher missing, needs medicine - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/westmoreland/s_782996.html#ixzz1nDkCBdGB

a few more details... she started her 12 week leave on 24 January

eta: also says that neighbors were interviewed yesterday as to if they had seen her

Rebecca I. Stahl, 37, of 803 Seton View Drive, Hempfield, was reported missing by her father, Kenneth Anderson of Greensburg, said Trooper Steve Limani, spokesman at the Greensburg barracks.

Stahl recently had surgery and does not have her prescribed medication, Limani said.

Stahl, who teaches math to sixth-graders, started a 12-week medical leave on Jan. 24, according to Derry Area School District records.

Read more: Derry Area Middle School teacher missing, needs medicine - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbur...#ixzz1nDkCBdGB

Map. IMO she would be walking a looong way if she were to leave on foot. Zoomed in image attached below.

803 Seton View Drive, Hempfield, PA - Google Maps

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-02-23 at 10.03.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-02-23 at 10.03.33 AM.png
    581.2 KB · Views: 17
She just opened a FB page with 2 friends on 2/15.

FYI. I found the marriage license. This is her second marriage. It is also her husband's second marriage.

She just opened a FB page with 2 friends on 2/15.

I don't know how you all find these so fast. I've been looking and looking and came up with nothing. Is it under Becky or Rebecca?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back