IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead Air is a great book. Fascinating, to say the least...yet sad. I downloaded it on my iPad for around $10. I highly recommend reading it!

I just got it in the mail today... Part of me hates that I'm reading a book about a missing person and someone made money off of it, but the other part knows that maybe I'll pick up a clue? Unfortunately, with Jodi, I don't feel she's alive.

I wish that all missing people could have a book published!

I just got it in the mail today... Part of me hates that I'm reading a book about a missing person and someone made money off of it, but the other part knows that maybe I'll pick up a clue? Unfortunately, with Jodi, I don't feel she's alive.

I wish that all missing people could have a book published!

I also wish all missing people and children could have a book about them, they deserve it! I also don't feel that Jodi is alive, but I've always thought she was never that far! I want her found so badly, she's local to me, so I have always watched this case.

What an intriguing book! I'm finding out so many things I never knew about her disappearance. Kudos to the reporter for laying it all out there!

I'm about 1/3 of the way through (been buried under homework lately). So far, there is one person who sticks out as a possible suspect (I can't remember if he was labeled a person of interest or an actual suspect). I was really under the impression that the police had nothing at all to work with, but the book kinda proves otherwise. Of course, you can't convict someone on suspicion alone.

I’m almost finished with reading Dead Air. I had an idea, and I don’t believe it would go against WS’s Terms of Service. Would anyone be interested in reading it? I feel it provides a LOT of interesting information on her disappearance. I would be more than happy to send it to someone that is interested. You could send me your address over private message. Then, that person could send it on to someone else after reading it? I’m not 100% if doing so would go against the TOS. That and I can understand being weary of providing your address to a stranger... But like I said, just an idea! If anyone has any thoughts, let me know!

I am about half way finished with 'Dead Air' and so far it is a very good read. I just started training on a first shift job and working 2nd shift at my other job and I have yet to finish but when I do, I will give my opinions or 2cents. In the mean time? What's everyone else's opinions?

This is next on my list of books to order!

I am about half way finished with 'Dead Air' and so far it is a very good read. I just started training on a first shift job and working 2nd shift at my other job and I have yet to finish but when I do, I will give my opinions or 2cents. In the mean time? What's everyone else's opinions?

After reading the book, I believe her kidnapper was someone close to her, someone very close to her. There was a lot of "interesting" things going on around Mason City during that time. The author did a great job of bringing it all together.

Alright so I finished 'dead air'. I typically do not believe in psychics or in mediums however, the author Beth B.touched upon how a medium believes that there is a possibility that Jodi could have been taken to a reservation park north of Mason City and buried there, idk how much credence I can give to psychics or mediums, just mpo. After reading this book, it still left me confused as to whom abducted Jodi. It could very well be 'cornseed guy' or it could be someone who was infatuated with her, yes, it did seem like 'cornseed guy' was obsessed but from the book there appeared to be more then one man that took a liking to Jodi. Is her abduction related to the death of Billy Pruin? I'm not for sure. I do not believe Jodi was randomly abducted by a stranger, since she was late for work from oversleeping. Either someone was stalking her or someone that was very close to her wanted something more and she did not and he became angry and so forth.

:bump:

Tomorrow is the 17th anniversary of Jodi's disappearance. Where is Jodi? :(

Remembering Jodi today....if only she could just come home...if she's not with us, we need to lay her to rst and give her a proper burial. Keeping a llight on for her tonight, all other please do the same,.

Remembering Jodi...

I was in the Mason City area (driving back home from Minneapolis) a few weeks ago, took a slight detour, and drove by her apartment, and even parked exactly (where I believe, judging by photos I've seen) where she was abducted. The eerie factor was the highest I've ever experienced. I was only 9 years old when she went missing, but it's just unreal, after reading the book... You get so connected to it.

I explored Mason City a bit. Mason City is exactly as people describe. Quiet, quaint... but almost had a dated feel to it... Like it's sitting in the 70's/80's still (I don't really know how to describe it). That being said, it's your typical Midwestern "city" (Population 28,000 is considered a "city" in the upper Midwest).

The apartment complex (Key Apartments) is small... If I remember right, I believe there are only 3 buildings and 2 small parking lots. There are parks immediately to the west, south, and east; a river is to the south.

My visit to Mason City, and my impressions from it, definitely reaffirm my belief that Jodi knew her abductor well. Having grown up in the Upper Midwest and the feel I got from Mason City, I find it extremely unlikely this was random. Again, the book provides a lot of insight.

What is everyone's take on mediums and psychic's? My personal opinion is, I have never believed in them and I still do not. However, after reading 'Dead Air', it has made me question my belief, but I am still not sold on the idea of psychics playing on the emotional strings of the families of the missing.

I do not believe in them, BUT I would not always discount them as I would nto be surprised if some people passed on information they had, but claimed it was some sort of vision rather than admitted they knew something.

was it normal for Jodi to be so late to work. it always struck me as odd that she would be so late on that day. If it had been a stalker waiting for her, they might have thought she was not going to work that day and decided to try another day. i always wondered if she had left at the normal time, and the abductor had taken her back to her flat. Maybe she was normally late, and quite cool about it, but if my boss called me and woke me up to tell me I was nearly two hours late I would be flustered, but she sounded quite calm. Also if I was already so late, I would have a quick five minute shower, grab my stuff and go, but it sounds like Jodi took another three quarters of an hour before she left.

Ive always thought it odd that she was that late on the day she was abducted.
Its hard call for me whether her abductor was among her social circle or a stranger.
Being an attractive TV anchor person im sure she was the focus for many a slightly bent individuals fetid attention.Like any media personality they are a convenient blank screen to project anything on to.
Im reminded of the 1978 attack on Spokane DJ (later to become a TV news personality herself) Shelly Monahan by serial Rapist Kevin Coe.
She didnt know him but he sure knew her.

Ive always thought it odd that she was that late on the day she was abducted.
Its hard call for me whether her abductor was among her social circle or a stranger.
Being an attractive TV anchor person im sure she was the focus for many a slightly bent individuals fetid attention.Like any media personality they are a convenient blank screen to project anything on to.
Im reminded of the 1978 attack on Spokane DJ (later to become a TV news personality herself) Shelly Monahan by serial Rapist Kevin Coe.
She didnt know him but he sure knew her.

We had a smilar case in the UK in 1998. A well known TV presenter, Jill Dando, was shot dead at point blank range on her doorstep. No motive was ever found, and it was suspected it was a stalker. Someone was convicted, but later acquited on appeal.

My theories are the following two scenarios
1) It was some one she knew. They had stayed over had a late night, and that is why she was late. When her boss rang, and she had to leave I think an arguement started (maybe because she was going to wor, not taking a sickie who knows). She eventually marche dout with her stuff, and her friend followed her, and in a "don't you walk away from me" type moment grabbed her as she unlocked her car (or perhaps before and she was trying to unlock her car in a panic), and she fell and was knocked unconcious.

or
2) It was a stranger. She went to her car at normal time, and was garbbed by a stalker who maybe dragged her back to her flat. If they were an obsessed stalker they might have wanted to see her home. She stayed there rather than keep struggling trying to talk the person round, trying to calm them, and when her boss called she just made an excuse rather than enraging the stalker by calling for help. Perhaps the staler then said he would let her go, and lied to her, and bundled her into a van outside, which is when a scream was heard.

I am probably wrong, so who knows. I do think the fact she was so late was significant. I also think the fact she was only heard to scream once (is that correct), is significant. It says to me she was either rendered unconcious quickly, or someone managed to calm her down, or she was bundled into a vehicle quickly (but as there were drag marks I do not believe she was concious when put into the vehicle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni