NC - Dorian Harper & Wanda Larson for abuse of foster child, Monroe, 2013

I really hate how their actions are being defended as "the punishment suited the crime". Shows how brainwashed everyone is who got close to these two <deleted> folks.

I really hate how their actions are being defended as "the punishment suited the crime". Shows how brainwashed everyone is who got close to these two <deleted> folks.

I'd LOVE to see them Bolded By Me

;)

And yes, it is pretty disturbing that the adult son claims "maybe he allowed the chicken to starve to death" implying the punishment is fitting and deserved for the "crime" (Hey, that must be where the handcuffed part comes into play)

Yep, nothing see here folks.

SMH

From that article:

Union County resident Kristy Brooks is fired up over the decision. She said the allegations against Larson aren't surprising.
"No," she said. "Not even in the slightest because they were aware of the situation and they've done nothing."
Brooks says dissolving the board isn't the problem.
"We've contacted the commissioners, the county manager, the assistant county managers and brought this to their attention way be [sic] Wanda Larson was arrested, way before all this stuff happened," she pointed out. "And now as a scapegoat, they're using the DSS board to try to blame this on them."

Pass the buck, please, and add a side of finger-pointing to my order. :banghead:

A former Gaston County social services worker said Thursday supervisors told her to close cases before children were removed from harm's way.
More of the story at the link. Wasn't Gaston County the agency which handled the adoptions for Larson?
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/former-gaston-dss-worker-concerned-over-system/ncCg2/

BBM
She was formerly a registered foster parent with Gaston but hasn't been for a few years. It's pretty murky (to me) but Larson didn't work for Gaston, therefore it *supposedly* wasn't a conflict of interest that children were placed in foster with her.

This child broke his own wrist attempting to get out of handcuffs previously. I did not think I could be more angry about this case. I was mistaken.

"Boy, 11, found chained to porch with dead chicken around his neck 'was previously cut across his face and burned with electrical wires by foster dad'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2521370/North-Carolina-boy-chained-dead-chicken-neck.html

Okay now hold on a minute, wasn't it alleged earlier that the foster "dad" (he doesn't deserve the term dad imo) had no idea what Larsen was doing to the kids? Or was it Larsen who had no idea what her husband was doing? I seem to recall that one claimed ignorance of the abuse. Cuts and burns would be hard not to notice. :(

This is just so, so sad. And awful.

children placed in another foster home in another county ):

what a way to keep braking these children down,i know it's not always a guarantee but would it not be better to place children with blood relatives instead of strangers?? i will never believe that when children are taken from bio parents aunts,uncles grandparents are unwilling to care for them.

what a way to keep braking these children down,i know it's not always a guarantee but would it not be better to place children with blood relatives instead of strangers?? i will never believe that when children are taken from bio parents aunts,uncles grandparents are unwilling to care for them.

It does sometimes happen that no family member will step forward to take the children. It happened in my mother's family.

Happens all the time. Often other relatives are deemed unfit, unsuitable or aren't willing to step up. Some states offer kinship care. That's a little money every month to help when a relative takes in a child. Even then, sometimes it's just not possible.
Sometimes parents refuse to provide relative information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

thanks scmom for the link.

Goodale says teachers didn't know where to turn with concerns since Larson was with DSS.

&#8220;The problem was the DSS employee in the key job,&#8221; said Goodale.

&#8220;We need to learn from this and take all possible steps to insure it never, never happens again,&#8221; he continued.

WRAL says it obtained an e-mail chain confirming Goodale's contact with the State DSS.

They couldn't, however, find any follow-up between the state and the school.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Former-Deputy-Secretary-says-he-reported-Union-Co-abuse-235901851.html

It will be interesting to see how Union County responds to THIS after their neat little handwashing BS from initial statements their reps issued.

As the State Division of Social Services statement dated November 19, 2013 indicates: &#8220;Dorian Harper and Wanda Larson are not currently licensed foster parents in North Carolina. The Harper/Larson foster home license expired in December 2010. There have been no foster children living in the home since May 2009.&#8221;
The statement from the State Division of Social Services further indicated: &#8220;Based on state law regarding adoption of foster children, once a decree of adoption is entered, the adoptive parents are not subject to any additional oversight by DSS unless it is requested by the parents.&#8221;
http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Union-Co-comments-on-alleged-child-abuse-case-232863551.html

the letter they fired this [unusual person] with

&#8220;The conditions uncovered in your own home, for your adoptive children and the child for whom you have guardianship, are appalling,&#8221; Matens wrote.

&#8220;You have a responsibility in your official capacity to ensure that children are not subjected to such conditions, and you would have had a duty to initiate a report and investigation had you observed children in such conditions in another home.

&#8220;The negligence you have shown in this situation has detrimentally affected the trust and confidence placed in you as a social work supervisor by this agency. Your actions represent a blatant disregard for the ethical conduct and sound judgment vital to your position.&#8221;

Lawson was not at her Monroe farmhouse at the time. But her longtime partner, Dorian Harper, was arrested, and five children placed under government care. Sheriff Eddie Cathey described the living conditions as &#8220;terrible.&#8221;

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ors-talk-with.html#.Uq3oyfRDu0w#storylink=cpy

I still believe an investigation needs to be initiated on a federal level. No way would I trust the state to investigate after this brouhaha. I also think about Zahra Baker and how DSS was involved but did not remove her from the Bakers custody.

and we have Erica Parsons

NC is not looking good lately in its adoption and foster children monitoring. The home schooling situation is apparently completely unmonitored or regulated and this seems to have created a black hole for abused children to fall into in general.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back