MA MA - Jennifer Fay, 16, Brockton, 14 Nov 1989

Any news? I could not get the video to load and google turned up nothing for me. For some reason I always find it more sad when someone is finally found very close to home, and they have been that close all along.

No new news on Jennifer since November 20. I think even once they found something it would be awhile to do the testing, etc. to find out if it's her.

http://www.necn.com/Boston/New-England/200...1227302295.html
Video at link

November 21, 2008
Investigators revisit decades-old disappearance of teenager

Play video

(NECN: Brad Puffer, Brockton, Mass.) - A family has been waiting 19 years, wondering what happened to their teenage girl. Now, a team of investigators working on the case of Jennifer Lynn Fay say they have found new evidence they hope will finally bring closure.

Her name is Jennifer Lynn Fay and she was just 16-years-old when she went missing in 1989. But now a team of private investigators - working pro bono - are following some promising new leads.

"On a couple of different occasions we've looked at this area as a place that was familiar to Jennifer and we've been able to uncover some new information and have been able to turn it over to the State Police."

Michelle Littlefield has been working on the case for the past four years. Her team recently returned to this area near these MBTA tracks in Brockton. They found physical evidence, evidence they cannot describe, but suggest, could be a major break.

"Clearly this is the biggest lead you've uncovered?"

"This lead has definitely given us the most hope."

And when investigators returned here with dogs, those dogs provided even more hope this mystery would finally be solved.

"We had three dogs out there last weekend, two out of three indicated there may be human remains in that area."

Jennifer Fay was last scene leaving a party and getting into a car. This area being searched is just a short distance from that location and a place Jennifer often came with friends to hang

out.

So state police came to this same location Thursday with their own dog. The results of that search not yet known. And investigators do not want to get hopes too high. After all just a few years ago another search that seemed hopeful at first, turned out to be just false leads.

"As a mother I can't imagine waking up every morning and going to bed every night and not knowing if my child is dead or alive and not knowing where my child is, is got to be the hardest pain for anyone to face."

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children urges anyone with information on Jennifer's disappearance to contact them.

The toll-free 24-hour a day hotline can be reached at: 1-800-THE-LOST.

Where is Jennifer Fay Website

WHERE IS JENNIFER FAY ??
INFORMATION WANTED - Call: 866-882-2626 Day or Night
A private investigation is being conducted into the disappearance of Jennifer. On November 14, 1989, at age 16, Jennifer disappeared from Brockton, Massachusetts. She was never seen again. We need your help with any information, no matter how insignificant.

A mother seeks answers in Brockton

Dorothy MacLean will spend Mother's Day surrounded by a son, a daughter and two grandchildren. But it will be the child who is absent who still haunts her.

Fourteen years after her eldest child, Jennifer Lynn Fay, disappeared near the family's Emerson Avenue apartment in Brockton, MacLean battles to keep the investigation active and braces for how it might end.

"In my heart, I always felt something happened to her," said MacLean, who now lives in Rockland. "I don't like to think that. I would rather have thought she ran away."

Police initially thought Jennifer, then 16, had run away when she did not return home Nov. 14, 1989, after partying with friends.

It is not what investigators believe today.

Brockton and state police detectives reopened the investigation 2 1/2 years ago, traveled to two states tracking leads and talked with acquaintances and friends who knew the teenager or may have been with her the night she disappeared.

Based on information gathered so far, investigators have some suspicions as to what happened to Jennifer 14 years ago.

Those suspicions, if true, will not lead to a happy ending...More...

Jennifer Fay foundation.org

http://www.dailynewstranscript.com/...couraged-by-story-of-missing-girl-found-alive

31 Aug 09

Dorothy MacLean watched the TV news reports detailing how a California girl abducted at age 11 — and feared dead — was found alive, 18 years later.

Tears streamed down her face as she stared at the screen.

“I kept thinking, that would be so great if that would happen to me,” said MacLean of Raynham, formerly of Rockland.

For years after her daughter Jennifer Fay went missing at age 16 on the streets of Brockton in 1989, MacLean clung to the hope the teen would come home unharmed.

Then, after more than a decade passed, MacLean prayed she would be able to find — and bury — her remains.

Now MacLean feels hope flickering once again amid the news that Jaycee Lee Dugard, abducted from in front of her South Lake Tahoe, Calif., home in 1991, was found alive.

much more at link

I really thought reading how the cold case squad brought the dogs in and new evidence was found..this case would be solved by now-a mother has to go other Christmas without answers to where her daughter is..so very sad!!

NECrimes posted on the Debbie Melo thread that remains were found by a hiker in Brockton near the East Bridgewater line.

MamaJoJo provided this link.
http://www.enterprisenews.com/topst...-unidentified-remains-on-Brockton-s-east-side

GardenLady let me know about Jennifer's thread. I am from that area originially and hadn't heard about Jennifer's disappearance.

Not knowing is agony. My family only endured it for 4 months after my young cousin disappeared. (He'd fallen threw the ice and drowned. His body was recovered in the spring. But in the meantime there were rumors that he'd run away.) I can't imagine not knowing for so long. Whether these remains are Debbie or Jennifer or someone else, I hope a family will finally know whether their missing loved one is deceased.

New article in the globe about Jennifer. I'm glad she is getting more attention:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/re...information/AJkhVIxL7cskx8fCxHPPQJ/story.html

Jennifer is a year older than me, and though I didn't know her, chances are we probably had friends in common. I did have friends who lived in the general neighborhood she disappeared from. I remember her disappearance, and her name has stayed with me over the years. :(

Wow!

This is why even the oldest, coldest cases need attention - because there is always someone out there who knows something, and they might one day be spurred to give information. I firmly believe that all the local activity recently, and the mentioning of the possibility that some of the UIDs were Jennifer, must have something to do with the new witnesses comin forward.

Come home soon, Jennifer. :rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni