CA CA - Neal King, 25, Oroville, 26 March 2013

I am curious as to whether the Cheatham's other business location on Cal Oak Dr. has been searched as well. It is adjacent to the rock piles built up from gold dredge tailings dating back to the early 1900's. I would imagine lots of things have been hidden there over the past 100 years.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/fr...rd/-/14322302/21064394/-/rwuimhz/-/index.html

By Jerry Olenyn,
POSTED: 11:35 AM Jul 19 2013
UPDATED: 11:43 AM Jul 19 2013

OROVILLE, Calif. -A controversy in Oroville involves two billboards, one regarding a missing person and the billboard that went up right next to it.

-img1-Oroville-Billboards-VID.jpg

Bump for Neal's family.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Tapatalk 2

The most recent case, the disappearance of Neal King, is an example of one that leads detectives to believe there's been foul play, Freeman said.

King has been missing since March 26 after attending a business meeting revolving around marijuana and a property in Berry Creek. He was known to have gone to the Oroville home of Donald Cheatham, who authorities say hasn't cooperated with the investigation. Foul play is suspected to have played a role.

"We know he's missing, but we don't know what happened to him. We have a decent idea of what happened and why it might have happened, but we don't know exactly what happened to him, where he's at or who did it.

http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_23792951/missing-faces-butte-police-working-list-31-missing

Fact: Neal King and Richard Cho are on title to property located in Butte county off Mather Lane Ap# 072-500-011

Fact: Neal King and Richard Cho hold title to that property as Joint Tenants if one dies the other gets the property just as if they were married. Why not hold the property as Tenants in common, that way if one dies, his portion goes to his heirs?
Not a wind fall for one or the other. How many property's do they own this way together?

Fact: tractors and earth moving equipment have been cutting in roads and pads for RV's, water tanks, tent sites, and marijuana plots...... destroying the water shed. This has been ongoing since late March 2013 (where is Neal King? This is not Berry Creek, but its on the way there from town)

Fact: Neal King and Richard Cho put $50,000.00 as a down payment on this property, there is a 1st deed of trust for $79,000.00 if payments are not made why has the person with the first deed of trust not foreclosed? Who owns the property?

Fact: The person with the first deed of trust has rented out this property through Table Mountain Reality to current occupants for an illegal marijuana grow. What gives them the right? They collect rents, but have no legal liability for the property and get to keep the $50,000.00 only to foreclose at a latter date and re-sell? Who are these people?

Fact: who already knows this information. Butte county Code enforcement, Butte County Public works, Butte County Law enforcement. Why does this problem still exist?

According to the Butte County court website, Donald Cheatham is no longer in custody. Trial date for possession for sale charges has been reset to Oct. 7th, and there are notations about "bad faith questions and prosecution misconduct".

It also appears that witness(es) will be subpoenaed from out of state.

Let me get this straight-the "fortune he amassed" is also missing? That's news to me! Where was this fortune being kept before King went missing I wonder? Who all had access to this formidable estate? I seriously doubt he carried all his money on his person. Three people come out to California to get into drug trafficking, a fortune is amassed and yet none of those three were ever charged for any crime? Such a strange story. I so wish that folks would stop trying to get rich off of crime and go about changing laws in their own states. jmo and sorry if I offend anyone but really.

I feel for Neal's family, his Mom writes and posts pictures frequently on his missing page.
icon9.gif

A commenter on Neal's missing page says he found a potential clue but couldn't get the detective to call him back:

https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing/posts/415336621921808

and then a search party today:

https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing/posts/425991977522939

I wonder if there's a connection.

Cheatham has waived a jury trial, court date December 2:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=417096478412489&set=a.325740290881442.1073741826.325738707548267&type=1

I was looking for an update for the court hearing now that it's well past Dec 2 and the family's support group posted an Facebook update 12/4 that the defense attorney has moved the date to Feb 2014.

I hope Neal's family will get more answers then.

An Open Letter to Don Cheatham

I have thought about what you did to my beautiful son, Neal, many days and nights, it has consumed me, saddened me, and drained me emotionally. I cannot understand how one human being can harm another. I have looked in to the your life to try to understand what kind of man you are and what brought you to this moment on March 26th , the series of events that led to Neal’s disappearance, which changed our lives forever. You did not think Neal mattered, that he would not be missed. You are so very wrong, Neal was the glue in our family, he wanted us all together, and he protected what he loved. Neal was a wonderful, loving son to both his parents. He is dearly loved by all his family, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins and friends and we all miss him terribly. This has left a huge void in our lives. We are all trying to cope with surviving without Neal’s beautiful smile and love and laughter. How would you feel if this happened to one of your sons, if someone did what you did to my son? How would you feel knowing your son was severely beaten and thrown out somewhere to die, cold, alone, and in pain? It would haunt you your whole life.

Your history is that of physical and mental abuse and violence. You have physically and emotionally abused your wife and children for many years. How much pain have you inflicted in your 40 years of life? Why are you here? Do you ever think about the family and friends of those you harmed? NO? For every PAIN you have caused, that pain has reverberated to everyone connected to that person. You have not hurt one person, you have hurt many, many people and you have caused a river of tears to flow though one selfish act.

To what end, Donald Cheatham? What do you gain by living in this way? You may be brought to justice someday or you may not. I am writing this letter in hopes that you will cease hurting human beings. I pray that something inside of you will realize that this wrong thinking was created a long time ago; this anger at the world does not serve you or humanity. Each day we can choose to do something different, you can choose to do no harm. I am asking you, as the mother of my son, DO NO MORE HARM.
I MISS MY SON HUGGING ME AND SAYING “MAMA, I LOVE YOU”. I MISS NEAL’S VOICE AND LAUGHTER; I MISS HIM CARING WHAT HAPPENS TO ME. I MISS HIS GOLDEN HEART.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingNealKing

The judge said there appeared to be strong evidence that Donald Cheatham previously participated in marijuana cultivation and sales, but there was insufficient evidence from an April 2, 2013, search of the Cheathams' residence for the sales-related charge.

Judge Reilley did find Donald Cheatham guilty of misdemeanor possession of more than one ounce of marijuana. He said the amount of marijuana found at the property on the 4000 block of Hildale Avenue exceeded the amount on the defendant's medical marijuana recommendation.

http://www.orovillemr.com/ci_253898...uana-sales-charges-arising?source=most_viewed

If there is insufficient evidence, what is the Judge to do? I prefer to let him go on this charge, hopefully there will be a murder charge upcoming instead.
http://www.orovillemr.com/ci_253898...uana-sales-charges-arising?source=most_viewed

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back