MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont have a location on the van. Someone on the ground needs to get the vin number and post it in our forum and they or I will phone it in to Le. I have yet to find a LE person who even knows what websluthes is much less follows it.
Last I knew the person on the ground said it was still there.

He said he called it in also.

Chief Shaw said they investigated some "high-priority tips". Well, that's nice. Does that mean LE is on to someone?

Last night I developed my own theory that I can't share because it would be naming a potentially innocent person. Still, I got myself all excited and convinced myself we'd have some concrete information today. Big thud.

Maybe there's still hope. Is stating "high-priority tips" an incentive for the public to remain hopeful LE is on to someone? :crossfingers:

:tears:

I dont have a location on the van. Someone on the ground needs to get the vin number and post it in our forum and they or I will phone it in to Le. I have yet to find a LE person who even knows what websluthes is much less follows it.
OHH you will be surprised how much the LE reads here . US old timers know this for a fact. And even some lawyers as we have seen and heard our thoughts brought up in trials.

Welcome TVQueen5.

The owner of the gas station has been cleared by LE, afaik. (as far as I know)
Unless he's named a poi, we aren't allowed to sleuth him.

LOL = laugh out loud
LLL = are the initials of a local RSO (registered sex offender)
LE = law enforcement

There's a general list of abbreviations somewhere. I'll see if I can pull it up and link it. Sometimes the abbreviations represent the initials of people specific to a case so you don't have to type out their names over and over again.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68412&highlight=abbreviations+list
I'll have to read this whole thread myself!

Hi everyone,

one less "guest" out there! I was a member back in 2005, but haven't been back since until this last week because I'm interested in Jessica's case. I have an online friend who lives in Muskegon & she has been posting info on fb about it.

Your kind moderators have been helpful with me getting out of my "temporary ban" since I hadn't been here in so many years.

:wagon: Watcher!

:seeya:

For lack of better idea, I've been thinking about the credit card/lottery ticket fraud angle. Here is a link that explains how she came to be a witness in that case.

http://wwmt.com/news/features/featu...nga-wraps-up-police-continue-search-649.shtml

I found this...same day. Propably no connection. But what if there was?

http://www.wwmt.com/shared/news/fea.../wwmt_3-arrested-credit-card-fraud-9580.shtml

The angle that Jessica was kidnapped so that she couldn't testify seems worth exploring, although there seem to be many reasons why it doesn't make sense.
What self-respecting credit card/lottery scammer would pass up the money in the register? Unless they did not know about the lack of cameras in the store and on the pumps, and so waited in the back of the store for Jessica to open the door for whatever reason.
Or maybe they hired someone else to kidnap her for them. A professional might be more willing to pass up easy money in order to achieve his objective. This might be a small-time crime ring, or could be something bigger...mob related? Who knows for sure. Like Jessica's case, I'm sure information is being held back from the public.
If this is related to the fraud ring, it would make sense that nobody recognizes the POI or the van. I would think they would have thought that through, and probably used someone from out of town.
If the ring was a fairly big-time organization, couldn't someone higher up decide that having 3 men in police custody that Jessica could ID was not a good idea? Since you can't really break 3 guys out of jail, the easiest solution is do away with the witness.
Any thoughts?

If the credit card/lottery scam men have not been caught, why would they want to then put themselves in jeopardy again, to go back there to kidnap her? At one time I thought maybe there was a connection, but maybe there isn't one and it could be related to something else or someone else in her life (retaliation perhaps) , or it is the kidnapper wanting Jessica for his own nefarious reasons.

Hi everyone,

one less "guest" out there! I was a member back in 2005, but haven't been back since until this last week because I'm interested in Jessica's case. I have an online friend who lives in Muskegon & she has been posting info on fb about it.

Your kind moderators have been helpful with me getting out of my "temporary ban" since I hadn't been here in so many years.

Welcome back, Watcher. Glad to have you! :seeya:

If the credit card/lottery scam men have not been caught, why would they want to then put themselves in jeopardy again, to go back there to kidnap her? At one time I thought maybe there was a connection, but maybe there isn't one and it could be related to something else or someone else in her life (retaliation perhaps) , or it is the kidnapper wanting Jessica for his own nefarious reasons.

We don't know that they haven't been caught. The second link is an arrest made the same day Jessica disappeared. I was just saying that if these 3 who were arrested were involved in the case, perhaps the idea that they were in custody and there was an eye witness did not sit well with someone higher up in the ring.

I wonder if the secret service could find out all the cell phones near the gas station at the time window of the abduction and follow where they move to. Could they follow the cell phones which were moving in the direction of where the van was going? This presumes the perp had a cell phone with him at the time.

Does anyone know how many feet or meters cell phone pings are accurate to in distance? I just wondered how accurate they were I have seen them used in other cases on here.

MI News ‏@allminews 2m
MLive Muskegon: Lead Jessica Heeringa investigator Dan Shaw to take questions about the case during live chat on... http://dlvr.it/3KzRWM

Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw, leading the investigation into Jessica Heeringa’s alleged abduction, is expected to take questions from the public at 11 a.m. Tuesday, May 7, during a live chat.

Believe me when I tell you that alot of LE can't figure out how to get around on WS.

A very wise LE investigating a high profile case once told me something very important.

NEVER assume LE knows

Tracking cell phone pings seems like a waste of time. The perp would have to be an idiot to leave his phone on. They should be looking for more surveillance video

Ypsilanti woman found safe after being kidnapped, search continues for suspect

Surveillance video reveals Farrah Cook being forced into car early Monday morning

Author: Halston Herrera, Senior News Editor for ClickOnDetroit.com

Published On: May 06 2013 02:28:02 PM EDT Updated On: May 06 2013 02:40:36 PM EDT

YPSILANTI, Mich. -
A woman who had been reported abducted early Monday morning from her Ypsilanti home has been found safe...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...pect/-/1719418/20034390/-/ga3fbw/-/index.html

Why, oh why didn't the Exxon station have surveillance cameras? Jessica's abduction would have been recorded, and the perp would have probably been identified by now :furious:

I wonder if the secret service could find out all the cell phones near the gas station at the time window of the abduction and follow where they move to. Could they follow the cell phones which were moving in the direction of where the van was going? This presumes the perp had a cell phone with him at the time.

Does anyone know how many feet or meters cell phone pings are accurate to in distance? I just wondered how accurate they were I have seen them used in other cases on here.

The case that brought me here Laci Peterson. If it was not for the cell pings back than which is way more improved now. I am afraid he would had walked. I think today they can get real close to where they were .

Has anyone heard of the Life 360 app for smart phones? Would you consider it safe to use? I am really trying to make myself safer and with Jessica's disappearance I just realized how I am really relaxed in everyday life.

I googled it but, sorry, don't know anything about it or if it increases safety in any way.
Technology and me don't get along too well! But I'm :scared:.

Tracking cell phone pings seems like a waste of time. The perp would have to be an idiot to leave his phone on. They should be looking for more surveillance video

IIRC only if the battery is removed a cell ohone will not ping. You can turn it off but it will still ping towers IIRC .
I could be wrong . But seems I read and watched a show about that.

Been there done that with both Sierra and the case that brought me here Laci Peterson . All you can do is pray and send postive thoughts .

Hi JDB, I too found WS via the Laci Peterson case. Good to "see" another old-timer here, too bad it is under these circumstances.

The tower itself keeps records on which cellphones pinged it and from what distance. I believe they can narrow it down to a one mile radius at that exact window. Also, a person doesn't need to make/receive texts or calls in order for their phone to ping a tower, but the phone does have to be "on" to do so . A cell phone pings a tower every time an app updates, you move out of area of the last tower you were on (because it updates date/time).

I disagree.

You are assuming LE is only reviewing the time AFTER the abduction.

They might be cross checking activity for early in the evening, our even during the day.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member