MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Takeo ‏@ryantakeo WOOD-TV
I have confirmed investigators have at the very least filed search warrants for area cell phone towers. #jessicaheeringa

Ryan Takeo ‏@ryantakeo 43s
The info would allow detectives to see who made calls where, and cross reference with silver minivans, sex offenders, etc. #jessicaheeringa

I called and spoke with someone at the NSPD about it, I am sure they have hundreds upon thousands of calls but if several people are thinking something but no one says anything it can just go unanswered, right?

I just hate to bug them when they are busy.....

awesome. thanks so much!

Has anyone heard of the Life 360 app for smart phones? Would you consider it safe to use? I am really trying to make myself safer and with Jessica's disappearance I just realized how I am really relaxed in everyday life.

I use it. Now it has the ability to connect you with a person outside your family immediately. it only used to send messages and alerts to family which may not be helpful. it's a good gps program to know where your family members are. I like Great Call better for a panic button/gps tracker situation. Life 360 is intended for family to be able to track each other. Great Call is designed for semi-emergency and real emergency situations, as well as medical issues and safety advice. I think they're trained better in that way and the panic button is simpler to use, and they have a phone app with instant connect to ems as well.

also, with Life 360 you have to have to app open to reach someone. with the Great Call panic button, you just push it. if you have the app open you just press the icon.

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 2m
Investigators are still working to find more information on what #JessicaHeeringa did earlier the day of her abduction. @fox17 #FindJessica

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 1m
@NSPDChiefShaw says MORE than a dozen people interviewed today in the abduction of #JessicaHeeringa throughout multiple counties @FOX17

Today 2 analysis from the Michigan Intelligence Operations Center or MIOC added to the team in the search for #JessicaHeeringa @FOX17

I am really curious about the silver van at the apartment complex someone here saw without a tag on it. Is it still there?

see link: view single post active search Mi Jessica Heeringa Norton Shores 26 April 2013 #2

I disagree.

You are assuming LE is only reviewing the time AFTER the abduction.

They might be cross checking activity for early in the evening, our even during the day.

JMO

I am holding out hope that maybe they are tracing cell phone pings on a poi against their alibi or that the perp counting on that to be a desolate place will actually give LE an easier job to trace any pings.

Some interesting info from the link below regarding cell phones and the government.

jmo

They can either trace the route of a given phone, or, alternately, search for all phones to enter a given area. For example, "Give me everyone who's been to the firing range in the last 6 months."

Does a cell phone have to be turned ON for the GPS tracking to work?

]Even when 'off' it's periodically emitting a short burst to tell the system which tower(s) to use for your incoming calls. it's this burst which is used to locate you. Pull the battery to secure your location.

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2008/...ernment-Tracking-Your-Cell-Phone-s-Movements-

Investigators are still working to find more information on what #JessicaHeeringa did earlier the day of her abduction. @fox17 #FindJessica

@NSPDChiefShaw says MORE than a dozen people interviewed today in the abduction of #JessicaHeeringa throughout multiple counties @FOX17

Today 2 analysis from the Michigan Intelligence Operations Center or MIOC added to the team in the search for #JessicaHeeringa @FOX17

They must really have something in the cell phone data. To me, it looks like they have honed in on something and are throwing some credentials behind it to obtain warrants, etc.

I am thinking the cell data is kind of all they can do right now, besides what else they are already doing.

I wish I could believe that Jessica is alive, but I am not very optimistic. With all of the publicity by the first weekend, the pressure may have been too great, if she was alive even by Saturday. But I guess it is possible this perp has a very isolated place and has not set foot outside in ten days. Just hope he was not smart enough to buy a disposable phone.

Thank you very much for your tweet update posts. I find myself skimming to find your posts. Thanks again!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ACTIVE SEARCH MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #2

Daniel Shaw ‏@NSPDChiefShaw 45s
#jessicaheeringa Evening debriefing completed. Intel analysts are combing through digital and cellphone data. pic.twitter.com/p3IjQAeSaI

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 8m
Lots of questions about #JessicaHeering's cell phone. Police say her fiancé had the phone they share the night of the abduction. @FOX17

Police are checking phone records at the gas station in addition to nearby cell phone tower hits in the search for #JessicaHeeringa

Tracking cell phone pings seems like a waste of time. The perp would have to be an idiot to leave his phone on. They should be looking for more surveillance video

A lot of perps are idiots. It's how they get caught. That and the good grace of God.....

Let's hope this idiot leads LE right to his doorstep ;)

I hope so too. This guy could be a complete loaner loser type and not even have a phone.

Does anyone know anything about deliveries made to the gas station? I have thought about someone who does deliveries that Jessica knew and may have let her guard down. A delivery guy would know about any alarm system or cameras in the gas station and the employees. Maybe he has been going to the gas stations outside work hours in his own vehicle and fantasising about taking one of the female workers. Why pick a gas station to abduct someone? Why this particular gas station?

I hope they are looking into all the delivery guys who have delivered stuff to the garage the gas truck drivers, people who deliver newspapers, sodas, food, alcohol, lotto machine engineers who may have met Jessica.

I thought about the lotto fraud as well. What are your opinions about those involved in the lotto fraud is it too much of a stretch to think they have abducted and possibly murdered someone to try to escape justice? I don't know if they are involved. Surely Jessica isn't the only witness who can identify the creeps? How would they know that Jessica identified them?

It is very annoying that this van has allegedly been waiting at gas stations and driving away prior to Jessica's abduction and nobody thought to alert other gas stations and/or the police. I very much hope that safety becomes top priority and no workers are left to work alone, that cameras are installed and panic buttons to the local police station are installed. That's the only good thing that can come out of this tragic abduction.

I will be working tomorrow when the live press conference is conducted, but, if there is someone who will have access to the conference, can you please ask the question that so many are begging the answer to.

Unless the abductor was driving the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang version of a silver mini van, he did not just fall out of the sky.

They have video surveilance from the two establishments near the gas station when the silver van was driving north. They could not see the tag. But I would think he would have come from the opposite direction earlier in the day to get to the gas station. SURELY they have thought to get video from these and other locations along that root as far back as they can. And SURELY they have looked at video prior to the time the eyewitness saw the man in the silver van. If he took that route earlier, they SHOULD be able to see the tag.

I know that is obvious, but sometime the obvious is overlooked. I've learned that in my line of work as an Auditor. Someone please ask the question!

I hope so to but I hope it doesn't take 10 years. Can you imagine being abducted and held every day for 10 years no knowing if you will ever get out? I hope these young woman are able to cope with the trauma of their ordeal. I understand from the daily mail article that children came out at the same time I hope they have not suffered badly.

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 6m
@NSPDChiefShaw says police are asking for witness input in identifying possible suspects. #JessicaHeeringa @FOX17

I was thinking today about the silver minivan that appears in the surveillance videos. A few people here have voiced fears that it is possible that investigators have put too much emphasis on it and that it is possible that it wasn't involved in Jessica's disappearance. I feel certain that it is, if for no other reason than this...as much coverage as this has gotten, no one has come forth and said "oh, that was me in that video. I was on my way to yada yada...". I recall in the Mickey Shunick case, there were initially three vehicles that LE showed pictures of, and two were eliminated almost immediately because their owners came forward. Not surprisingly, the perp was not one of them, and very soon after torched his vehicle. If the driver of that van is from anywhere remotely close to the area, surely he has seen footage of the van on the news, and would recognize it as his. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member