IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to bump Lauren back to the top. I see a PI is stating that BPD thinks Lauren was kidnapped. If this is so? There is hope of getting her back alive. http://www.billwarnerpi.com/2012/04/sex-offenders-bloomington-police-say.html However, I find the behavior of the POIs most strange if this is an abduction. Why get lawyers and not help find Lauren? Where are their positive comments for Lauren? Where are her friends? She had a large circle of friends.
But only a few come to defend her name publicly.

Time to bump Lauren back to the top. I see a PI is stating that BPD thinks Lauren was kidnapped. If this is so? There is hope of getting her back alive. http://www.billwarnerpi.com/2012/04/sex-offenders-bloomington-police-say.html However, I find the behavior of the POIs most strange if this is an abduction. Why get lawyers and not help find Lauren? Where are their positive comments for Lauren? Where are her friends? She had a large circle of friends.
But only a few come to defend her name publicly.

When I saw this I thought it was from the PI(s) working for the family, but I don't think this PI is working for the family, and is thus just expressing an opinion..

I dont mean to discredit this Bill Warner character, but having myself read some of his blogging, it's my opinion that he is a space-case type who makes theories based in generalities and speaks very sensationally. Bottom line is this BLOGGER who evidently claims to be a Private investigator is just trolling for viewership on his respective blog. I significantly doubt that Bill Warner has even had contact with BPD about this case.

hi all. first time commenter, long time (sporadic) lurker.

i am an indiana native, and just graduated from iu bloomington in 2010. i'm super interested in this case given my close connection to bloomington.

i've read and re-read so much about this case that i've recently wondered if the following is probable. given that the spierers have recently put a lot of pressure on CR and informally cleared JR, i wonder if LS left JR's house in a reasonable state of mind, but realized she didn't have her keys and returned to CR's so she could get back into her apartment. i've always been bothered about LS leaving if she didn't have anything with her-- where the heck was she planning on going? is it a possibility that she did in fact leave, and then turned around and headed towards CR's as she was en route to her apartment?

secondly, i know MB had a paper due that day. part of me wonders if he would have left to go to the library to finish it after all the commotion, or even left briefly to print it off. the IUB library is open 24/7, and this is common. i don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist (especially on my first post), but it seems possible that he's covering up where he might have been so as not to unintentionally place any blame on CR by showing he had an open window.

any thoughts on this scenario?

Hi, I've only posted a few times but check up often. Sad to see nothing new has really been happening.

I think that is plausible and would explain a lot of the recent pressure back on CR. I know girls on my campus that get so wasted that they have to have someone else read their texts to them and often ask others to hold onto their things if they do not have pockets or a purse. I wouldn't be surprised if LS had asked CR to hold onto them earlier in the night and returned to get them.

Another scenario: what if CR had supplied her with something or put something into her drink? Maybe he really did pass out, and something happened with MB? He was certainly lucid enough to think straight and CR would have reason to assist/keep quiet. Although, I still think CR's lawyering up and choice of lawyer is interesting, especially since most attention was not on him initially.

I really would be shocked if she really did leave JR's and did not return to CR's at some point.

I dont mean to discredit this Bill Warner character, but having myself read some of his blogging, it's my opinion that he is a space-case type who makes theories based in generalities and speaks very sensationally. Bottom line is this BLOGGER who evidently claims to be a Private investigator is just trolling for viewership on his respective blog. I significantly doubt that Bill Warner has even had contact with BPD about this case.

My sentiments exactly.

Welcome, Anthropos! It's certainly possible that Lauren returned to CR's apartment. That's an interesting thought--one I don't recall any discussion here on WS.

As for MB going to the library in the middle of the night, I doubt it. The 5 North apartments have multiple floors with a bedroom on each floor so it offers privacy. If he did go to the library there would be a cyber trail of it and LE would know.

Sammi, very good input about how gals need assistance when they become "wasted."

Thanks to both of you and please post more often!

Welcome Anthropos and Sammi!

given that the spierers have recently put a lot of pressure on CR and informally cleared JR,

(Respectfully snipped and BBM) They did? When?

I thought there was some controversy a while back where they 'informally cleared JW' and LE replied that they don't actually have the power to clear anyone... I may have missed something though...

This is what I was thinking of: http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/st...of-interest-in-disappearance-case-cleared.sto

The parents of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer told The Herald-Times Friday they are in no position of authority to clear or rule out persons of interest in their daughter’s missing persons case, despite another news report’s claims....

The Spierers told The Herald-Times Friday they cannot “clear” persons of interest from their daughter’s case, as they are not police officers or investigators. Charlene Spierer said the couple voiced their opinion in the Fox interview. “The police have never listed, given a list of people of interest ... we have no right to clear anybody.”...

Robert Spierer interjected: “We didn’t, we didn’t clear anybody.” ...
“No one’s cleared. It’s still an active case,”

Welcome Anthropos and Sammi!

(Respectfully snipped and BBM) They did? When?

I thought there was some controversy a while back where they 'informally cleared JW' and LE replied that they don't actually have the power to clear anyone... I may have missed something though...

I believe I know what is being talked about and it's most likely from some more sloppy reporting. The parents were interviewed and the reporter either directly or indirectly implied that the parents were comfortable with JR's story. But reading closely, they never said that (as quoted) and it was probably the reporter misinterpreting the flow of the interview and interjecting his/her own thoughts on that.

The parents seemed to have some venom toward CR in the interview and the reporter seemed to run with that angle. IIRC the parents confirmed JR had met with them and I think that caused the reporter to think JR was now off their list. Something that probably could've been cleared up with a question or two "Do you still think JR should be a high level POI? ...As high as CR?"... But instead the reporter assumed an answer and let that opinion flow into the reporting... IMHO...

I had a brief moment of excitement when I thought Lauren left JR's and went straight back to CR's. But, JR clearly says he saw her walking at least a block away heading back to her home. However, going one step further there is absolutely nothing stopping her from turning around and walking that block back once figuring out she didn't have her keys. The biggest obstacle there is MB who I still cannot figure out why he would cover for CR. I guess stranger things have happened though especially if CR was the alpha male friend.

I think her parents direct most of their venom and suspicion toward CR for various reasons-he was the most unfamiliar to them, was a strange man who did (or did not do) several things that could have changed the entire course of the night for Lauren, and has the incredibly suspicious "I have amnesia" story to cap it all off. Understandable, but I still think there is a chance CR is a convenient choice who may be lying about some stuff, but isn't ultimately the culprit. I still think his "amnesia" could be he got insanely wasted and really doesn't remember most of the night rather than him flat out lying about it.

If it was CR can you imagine his relief when JR basically admitted to seeing her last and seeing her walk away and then no witnesses have come forward to place her back with him? Some sort of evil is on his side if it worked out that way for him. Or just insane "good luck" (for him obviously).

I don't think Corey Rossman is our best candidate for the dirty deed. After all, I hear he's never changed a tire in his life. Not too good at fighting either. I doubt Lauren appreciated the Indiana hillbilly violence that night. Well bred girls like her aren't used to seeing people behaving like beasts.
So, now am I to believe that a guy who just got his clock cleaned did this crime?
No, but he should have done a much better job watching out for and protecting her that night. And, under the law, Lauren could not give consent for him to take her home with him in her condition. Loss of love and affection is the name of a lawsuit that could force him to talk. But, I don't think he did it. His home and car were searched with dogs.

thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

yes, i was referring to the article about more pressure being put on CR. i can't remember where i read it, but it sounded like JR had talked to the spierers and they seemed more comfortable with his story (but that was AFTER a lot of lack of cooperation). i hope i'm not misremembering this, it has been a while since i read the article. granted, i'm paraphrasing and probably oversimplifying, but that's the jist i got. anyone have the link to the article?

about MB going to the library-- i agree it was a bit of a longshot. still, i don't think any reports have recounted his actions that night, aside from putting CR to bed and working on his paper. the gap in the timeline that goes beyond that seems like quite a crucial piece of information. why wouldn't he want to clear his own name by providing that info? interesting.

i don't understand how LS wouldn't catch the fact that she didn't have her keys. she realized she didn't have her phone, since she used JR's (or so he says--btw, did he ever say who she was calling and why?). maybe she did realize it, and tried to recount the places where her keys could be and attempted to retrace her steps as she left? so many questions left unanswered (and perhaps unasked?).

anyways, just thinking out loud here. i'm glad this has started a new conversational perspective.

thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

yes, i was referring to the article about more pressure being put on CR. i can't remember where i read it, but it sounded like JR had talked to the spierers and they seemed more comfortable with his story (but that was AFTER a lot of lack of cooperation). i hope i'm not misremembering this, it has been a while since i read the article. granted, i'm paraphrasing and probably oversimplifying, but that's the jist i got. anyone have the link to the article?

about MB going to the library-- i agree it was a bit of a longshot. still, i don't think any reports have recounted his actions that night, aside from putting CR to bed and working on his paper. the gap in the timeline that goes beyond that seems like quite a crucial piece of information. why wouldn't he want to clear his own name by providing that info? interesting.

i don't understand how LS wouldn't catch the fact that she didn't have her keys. she realized she didn't have her phone, since she used JR's (or so he says--btw, did he ever say who she was calling and why?). maybe she did realize it, and tried to recount the places where her keys could be and attempted to retrace her steps as she left? so many questions left unanswered (and perhaps unasked?).

anyways, just thinking out loud here. i'm glad this has started a new conversational perspective.

Agreed. And it seems IMO like it has been many months since we got actual news of Lauren's case.

Loss of love and affection is the name of a lawsuit that could force him to talk.

And absolutely no known evidence that would connect him with that crime/accusation, an alibi witness that has not been impeached, and another person entirely who claims to have seen her after CR last seen her are some of the things that would get the lawsuit dismissed and an admonishment from the judge.

If there was anything along those lines available for a civil lawsuit IMHO LE would've been using them as leverage in some type of criminal proceedings.

A civil lawsuit with no basis could actually backfire on some fronts, let alone squander and focus resources in a fruitless direction with nothing but a deadend at the end of the road.

And absolutely no known evidence that would connect him with that crime/accusation, an alibi witness that has not been impeached, and another person entirely who claims to have seen her after CR last seen her are some of the things that would get the lawsuit dismissed and an admonishment from the judge.

If there was anything along those lines available for a civil lawsuit IMHO LE would've been using them as leverage in some type of criminal proceedings.

A civil lawsuit with no basis could actually backfire on some fronts, let alone squander and focus resources in a fruitless direction with nothing but a deadend at the end of the road.

Lauren's family wants Corey to speak to them and this would be a means to accomplish that. Depositions are taken before a judge rules on anything.
I don't think CR is the bad guy. But, perhaps he can help them catch the
criminals by providing information.

hi all. first time commenter, long time (sporadic) lurker.

i am an indiana native, and just graduated from iu bloomington in 2010. i'm super interested in this case given my close connection to bloomington.

i've read and re-read so much about this case that i've recently wondered if the following is probable. given that the spierers have recently put a lot of pressure on CR and informally cleared JR, i wonder if LS left JR's house in a reasonable state of mind, but realized she didn't have her keys and returned to CR's so she could get back into her apartment. i've always been bothered about LS leaving if she didn't have anything with her-- where the heck was she planning on going? is it a possibility that she did in fact leave, and then turned around and headed towards CR's as she was en route to her apartment?

secondly, i know MB had a paper due that day. part of me wonders if he would have left to go to the library to finish it after all the commotion, or even left briefly to print it off. the IUB library is open 24/7, and this is common. i don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist (especially on my first post), but it seems possible that he's covering up where he might have been so as not to unintentionally place any blame on CR by showing he had an open window.

any thoughts on this scenario?

Welcome, anthropos! I do wonder whether JR actually saw LS leave, but then she turned around and returned to 5 North after the fact. Maybe to find her keys or maybe because she decided to crash there after all. While I don't get why she went with him to 5 North in the first place, she might have even decided to go and check on CR. That opens up different scenarios ... her going back to CR/MB's place, being intercepted by someone else along the way, or being taken by someone else in the building even.

IMO, MB's "paper alibi" doesn't seem that solid. Who knows how far along he was on the paper, to begin with. CR/MB could be tag-teaming here, based on that ... MB says CR crashed; CR doesn't see MB because he did so.

That said, IDK how CR/MB could have disposed of LS in the given timeframe, especially if CR was indeed wasted or injured.

Hi, I've only posted a few times but check up often. Sad to see nothing new has really been happening.

I think that is plausible and would explain a lot of the recent pressure back on CR. I know girls on my campus that get so wasted that they have to have someone else read their texts to them and often ask others to hold onto their things if they do not have pockets or a purse. I wouldn't be surprised if LS had asked CR to hold onto them earlier in the night and returned to get them.

Another scenario: what if CR had supplied her with something or put something into her drink? Maybe he really did pass out, and something happened with MB? He was certainly lucid enough to think straight and CR would have reason to assist/keep quiet. Although, I still think CR's lawyering up and choice of lawyer is interesting, especially since most attention was not on him initially.

I really would be shocked if she really did leave JR's and did not return to CR's at some point.

One thing that has always bothered me about JR's story is why JR would let LS call DR from his phone, allegedly looking for her own, and then let her leave without lending her his phone. Actually, what difference would it have made it DR had her phone? She would have still had to walk alone to get it. She supposedly had a "friendship" with JR ... and I just don't get why he'd let her leave so defenseless. I guess that's the difference between a friend who has your back and one who doesn't.

It would make more sense that she called DR because she didn't have her keys, thinking he could let her in. And then maybe because she couldn't reach him, she backtracked her steps to find her keys? Although I'm still more inclined to think that JR made the call ...

One thing that has always bothered me about JR's story is why JR would let LS call DR from his phone, allegedly looking for her own, and then let her leave without lending her his phone. Actually, what difference would it have made it DR had her phone? She would have still had to walk alone to get it. She supposedly had a "friendship" with JR ... and I just don't get why he'd let her leave so defenseless. I guess that's the difference between a friend who has your back and one who doesn't.

It would make more sense that she called DR because she didn't have her keys, thinking he could let her in. And then maybe because she couldn't reach him, she backtracked her steps to find her keys? Although I'm still more inclined to think that JR made the call ...

i agree about calling DR about keys or getting inside, rather than her phone. if she was coherent enough to realize she had neither, she probably would have remembered texting JW while at the bar, thus ruling out leaving her phone at DR's. I question whether security was actually there at night-- after all, security never intervened with the initial altercation at smallwood, nor did they approach CR and LS stumbling in and out of the building. i can't remember what i've read about how people can access smallwood after hours without a key. but if she called DR to get in, i would also think she would call HT if DR didn't answer. if JR knew HT well enough, i would suspect he would have her phone number, but this may not be the case. maybe he didn't have it.

again, lots of unanswered questions. having even a few answers could help piece the puzzle together. i suspect the spierers and LE know more than we do, though.

i agree about calling DR about keys or getting inside, rather than her phone. if she was coherent enough to realize she had neither, she probably would have remembered texting JW while at the bar, thus ruling out leaving her phone at DR's. I question whether security was actually there at night-- after all, security never intervened with the initial altercation at smallwood, nor did they approach CR and LS stumbling in and out of the building. i can't remember what i've read about how people can access smallwood after hours without a key. but if she called DR to get in, i would also think she would call HT if DR didn't answer. if JR knew HT well enough, i would suspect he would have her phone number, but this may not be the case. maybe he didn't have it.

again, lots of unanswered questions. having even a few answers could help piece the puzzle together. i suspect the spierers and LE know more than we do, though.

Lauren last used her cell at 12:16 AM. She was with Hadar and David and
was still at Smallwood. The account of her being alone at Sports is not true either. She was with Corey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff