The Doe Network:
Case File 1845DFKY

Sharon Rose Sons
Missing since November 10, 1993 from Lexington, Fayette County, Kentucky
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: January 16, 1965
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 28 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1"; 98 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blond hair; green eyes.
•Marks, Scars: Cesarean section scar, small poison ivy scars on arms and legs, torn earlobe, freckles on nose in summer, scar on top of head. Tattoo on right ankle of Rose, partly colored.
•Clothing: Knee length denim skirt, tennis shoes. Plain gold chain with flexible cross. Gold necklace says "will lie". 3 or 4 finger rings.
•Dentals: Available.
•AKA: Susie
•DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Sharon Sons reportedly left boyfriend's in the 500 block of Cane Run Road to go to a laundromat, Russell Cave Plaza, to use the phone. She was never heard from again. She was a dancer at a nightclub when she vanished, and left behind a young son.
Few details are available in her case, but foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Lexington-Fayette Police Department
859-258-3563

NCIC Number: M-689083924​
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
NamUs

Here's her Charley Project link:
www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sons_sharon.html
NAMUS:
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/1717

SOURCE: http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/...an-seek-answers-19-years-later-181604241.html

Posted: Fri 5:22 PM, Nov 30, 2012

Reporter: Andy CunninghamEmail

Updated: Fri 8:25 PM, Nov 30, 2012

Family of missing Lexington woman seeks answers 19 years later
LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Almost two decades after her daughter vanished from a Lexington neighborhood, Sharon Sons' mother is hoping to spark some new leads into her daughter's mysterious disappearance.

"It still feels like yesterday and it hasn't gotten any easier," said Sarah Sons, Sharon's mother.

Her daughter, Sharon, was 28 when she disappeared from Lexington's Cane Run Road area, in October 1993.

"We just can't give up, we need to bring our baby back home. We need closure," Sarah said.

Little is known about Sharon's disappearance. That's why the Sons have hired a private detective in an effort to spark some new leads.

"We are willing to do whatever it takes to find out what happened to our, Sharon, whatever it takes," she said.

In addition to hiring a private detective, the family is holding a vigil in memory of Sharon on Saturday night at Scott County Park in Georgetown. The vigil begins at 7p.m.

"It will be time for friends, family even strangers to come together and offer their love and support," Sarah continued.

If you know anything about the disappearance of Sharon Rose Sons you are asked to call Lexington Police or 1-877-818-3341. Your tips can be made anonymously.

There isn't much info. on Sharon, but thsis by far has many answers to questions I first had about Sharon's vanishing:
Source: http://madisoncourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=4&SubSectionID=286&ArticleID=73218

11/9/2012 3:00:00 PM
What happened to Sharon Sons?
Family hopes for answers

Sharon Sons

Renee Bruck
Courier Staff Writer

A Kentucky woman disappeared nearly 20 years ago, yet her family continues to hold out hope that someone has the information that might give the family closure to the case.

Sharon Sons, who was living in Lexington, Ky., with a boyfriend, disappeared Oct. 20, 1993. Weeks later, Sons' boyfriend Willie King told police that Sons had taken a walk to a nearby coin-operated laundry and never returned.

But Sons' family doesn't believe that's the whole story, sister Debbie Collins said. Neither do police.

"He had filed a missing-persons report before he contacted us," Collins said. "That was always suspicious to us."

Sons, 28, left behind an 11-year-old son, and she wouldn't just leave without telling them, Sons' family told police.

Police cleared King, Collins told a private detective who is looking into the case, and another former boyfriend also was cleared.

But the family still doesn't have much more information about her disappearance now than they did nearly two decades ago.

"We're hoping someone will come forward," Collins said. Sons' family, who lives throughout Carroll and Scott counties in Kentucky, plans to hold three candlelight vigils to bring attention to the case. "We want closure, and we want justice," she said.

Collins remembers the days before her sister disappeared. She remembers talking to her sister on the telephone quite often, even though she had moved away from family to be with her boyfriend of about four months. Then the telephone calls stopped.

"We thought she was still with him," Collins said. "But I kind of felt like something was wrong."

King told the family Sons had been missing for weeks and that he had filed a missing-person report. King said Sons had walked to a nearby laundry to visit a relative who managed it.

Even though police pursued a few leads in the case early on, a lot of time had been lost in reporting a missing person. Eventually the case went cold.

No one was arrested in connection with the case, and no trace of Sons was found.

"They didn't give us very much information at all," Collins said.

Nineteen years later, family members and the Lexington Division of Police believe Sons was most likely murdered. Still, the family would like to know exactly what happened, or if Sons is still out there somewhere.

The family is turning to the public to ask if anyone remembers or knows something about the disappearance of Sons in 1993.

Three candlelight memorials will be held for Sons over two months. The first will be at 7 p.m. Saturday at Point Park in Carrollton, Ky. The second will be at 7 p.m. Dec. 1 at the Scott County Park in Georgetown, Ky. A third vigil will be at 7 p.m. Dec. 14 on Cave Run Road in Fayette County, Ky., which was the last known location of Sons in 1993.

According to the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System, Sons has strawberry blond hair and green eyes. She was last seen wearing a shirt, knee-length jean skirt and tennis shoes. She wore a plain gold chain with flexible cross, a gold necklace that said "Willie" and had three or four rings. She also had pierced ears and a tattoo of a rose on her right ankle that was partially colored.

Anyone with information about Sons' disappearance can contact the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Division of Police in Lexington, Ky., at (859) 258-3563. A toll-free number, (877) 818-3341, has also been set up for anonymous tips or leads.

Bumping...I'd like to hear about any opinions on Sharon's disappearance!

You guys are all brilliant, what do you think about Sharon's disappearance?

After reading the article and profiles posted, unfortunately, my theory is the BF killed Sharon and disposed of her body...Very sad and considering her necklace with "Willie" on it, she may likely be buried with her murderers name around her neck.

She had moved away from her family to move in with him only 4 months before...how long had Sharon known the BF...and he sure took his time reporting her missing and advising her family. That's lots of time for him to get his story straight and clean up the evidence. Let scratches heal.....(just saying).

Though the police said they cleared him, I'm not sure how they could narrow down the timeline for an alibi with so many weeks between Sharon last being seen and the report being made. Polygraph??? No body or clothing found, so no chance of DNA.

One profile said she was going to use the phone at the laundromat - another, the article I believe, said she was going to see a relative who worked there??? I wonder if that was HIS relative or hers??? Was the relative ever interviewed? Where was her son?

Sadly, so many holes in the information available about Sharon's disappearance...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195129&highlight=sharon+rose+sons
http://madisoncourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=4&SubSectionID=286&ArticleID=73218

Seems like the most likely scenario is that the BF disposed of her. Who provided the information that the BF was 'cleared'? And HOW was he cleared IF that is true?

Thanks for your input! I also would like to know how these men were cleared, as King and another former boyfriend of Sharon's were both killed. Seems like the family is convinced he did it. Cases where there's a good idea of "whodoneit" are so frustrating.
I also wonder where her son was during this time...did they get into a fight resulting in Sharon dead? Can someone back up his alibi and would he have time to dispose of everything if he did it?

I tried looking up the Russel Cave Plaza on map quest to see about how far it was from her house, and who the relative was that worked there-could they confirm she even showed up at the laundromat-but it looks like it is now defunct-does anyone know what stands in it's place today, or what they address was to the laundromat?

Thanks for your input! I also would like to know how these men were cleared, as King and another former boyfriend of Sharon's were both killed. Seems like the family is convinced he did it. Cases where there's a good idea of "whodoneit" are so frustrating.
I also wonder where her son was during this time...did they get into a fight resulting in Sharon dead? Can someone back up his alibi and would he have time to dispose of everything if he did it?

Hi Amber, are you able to elaborate on the boyfriends' deaths? I haven't been able to find info about that.

Hi Amber, are you able to elaborate on the boyfriends' deaths? I haven't been able to find info about that.

I've been trying to edit that, but the edit button does not show up on that for me! It is supposed to be "cleared" haha so sorry about that!

It's supposed to be "cleared" not "killed" for some reason the edit button isn't letting me edit this change, so sorry about that.

I tried looking up the Russel Cave Plaza on map quest to see about how far it was from her house, and who the relative was that worked there-could they confirm she even showed up at the laundromat-but it looks like it is now defunct-does anyone know what stands in it's place today, or what they address was to the laundromat?

No idea if its the same place with a name change, but there's a laundromat located at 1503 Russell Cave Rd, which puts it about 1/4 mile from the 500 block of Cane Run Rd. Another 1/4 mile west is a "gentlemans club", and since she worked as a dancer, it kinda follows that this might be the right place.

Thank you very much for the input Shadow Angel, this helps me visualize the route she may have taken...if she even ever left her boyfriend's place that is...can anyone confirm seeing her walking or at the Laundromat? I have been unable to find this with the news articles I've been finding.

The few articles I've found all say about the same thing, which isn't much at all. The police followed up a few leads, came to nothing... I've been trying to find something (or anything) about the boyfriend (WK) but there isn't much there either. A few hits on guys that may be him, still living in Lexington, but who knows.
Regardless of LE's statements that WK was cleared, he certainly seems like the most likely person to know something.

*** I did some further research on this... According to NamUs, Sharon was ruled out as a match to this UID ***

The Doe Network

530UFKY.jpg
530UFKY1.jpg
530UFKY2.jpg
530UFKY3.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim by Dr. Emily Craig

Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: July 22, 2005
Location of Discovery: Shively, Jefferson County, Kentucky
Estimated Date of Death: 2 - 15 years
State of Remains: Partial Skeletal Remains
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate
Estimated Age: 20-40 years old
Race: Caucasian
Height: 5'2 to 5'4
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Three small hairs found near the body lead officials to believe she had straight brown hair, but that might only have been a root color.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Distinctive, narrow nose.
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Available (FBI NMPDD) Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Case History

The victim was located as a construction company was clearing a lot in the 3600 Block of Seventh Street Road in Shively, Kentucky on July 22, 2005. The lot once had an old ice-cream supply house and then a junkyard that has since been cleared. Detectives said a year of research and tips from the scene led to the conclusion that her death was a homicide. Her body was purposely laid in a way to be hidden and her hands and body position indicate foul play.

As an interesting aside, 24 year old Jamie Lewis disappeared from Lexington in September of 2004. She was last seen on Russell Cave Rd, about 1/2 mile from Cane Run Rd. Jamie was also petite, standing 5'3 and 110 pounds.

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/jamie-lewis/

I always have to remind myself of something when it comes to 'rule-outs'... A few years back I posted a thread about a possible match to Colleen Orsborn, who was missing from Florida since 1984. I was told the match I posted had already been ruled out. Turns out I was right after all.

I saw that on Disappeared! And I feel the same way, especially with rule outs that were made decades ago...hoe reliable are they really? There was another girl named Lydia Perkins who was last seen walking down the street in Lexington, KY in the 90s I believe. I have always wondered if the husband did not have anything to do with Sharon vanishing, if there was something else going on. I you lok in the 90s, there are many young women or teens who vanished suspiciously throughout the KY/TN/OH area.
They are kinda listed out in this blog here: (Coincidence or Not? Hmmm)
http://deaniepeters-missingangels.blogspot.com/2013_01_01_archive.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back