GUILTY FL - Dontrell Melvin, 5 mos, Hallandale Beach, July 2011

Not ready to blame Mum yet.
A 'dad' that can dispose of a baby is likely abusive to Mom too.

Having been in an abusive relationship, I can attest to the fact that once questions start producing anger, the questioning quickly stops.

I was prevented from calling my own family, didn't even have an address or phone number for his brother and only niece (and we were together 14 years before I escaped).

I know this is horrible but honestly I do kind of (just a tiny tiny bit) hope he is abusive that way Dontrell would have had at least one parent who truly loved him but just to scared to say it. Though I have my doubts....On her FB some of her status updates seem like they are about him and they are not sweet loving post. Seems like that would only add fuel to the fire if he really was abusive.

well I am glad the other children are with DCF...I went to bed worried for them...
it will be a miracle if little Dontrell is ever found

whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa - wait a minute.

In October 2012, Hallandale Beach police caught a whiff of trouble. They received a report that the mother was having “custody issues” with Melvin. That report may have been in conjunction with a service call to the home in which cops responded to a fight between the parents.

A report generated at that time referenced the missing child, stating: “It is not known if the child is alive.”

The Broward Sheriff’s Office, which investigates abuse and neglect in Broward under contract with the Department of Children & Families, didn’t learn any of that because the report was “screened out” by DCF’s child abuse hotline, even though Dontrell’s extended family had previously been under the supervision of Broward’s privately run child welfare agency, ChildNet

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/...-seek-father.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

A history of the extended family being under supervision and they still deemed the report as unworthy to investigate.

Does anyone besides me wonder if it was the wording in the report back in October? :waitasec: I'm wondering if the wording "custody issues" had anything to do with the report being deemed unworthy of investigation. Usually "custody issues" is something handled by family court, not DCF.

Still hoping dad provides the truth.

Police have not yet found the child, but the parents have since provided investigators an area to search for the boy, police said. Police are obtaining a warrant for the search, Flournoy said. He declined to identify the area that police were provided.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...e-Beach-Arrested-Officials-Say-186474671.html

I hope they are being honest and not sending LE on a wild goose chase.

Praying Dontrell is where they said he is and can at least be recovered. :please:

Polcie are now in the process of obtaining a search warrant for a residence and a piece of property in Hallandale Beach, Flouornoy said.

"Both parents have given us an indication to look in a particular place," he said.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/crime/fl-missing-hallandale-baby-20130110,0,5891429.story

edit - the mother told the police that Donnell was with *her* parents out of state -

Sierra similarly told police that the child was with her parents out of state, Fluornoy said.

"We know that not to be the truth," Fluornoy said.

I'm not buying any of this. I think several people in this family know exactly what happened to Dontrell.

Father disappears as search for missing baby gears up

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/crime/fl-missing-hallandale-baby-20130110,0,5891429.story

The mother contacted authorities in October 2012 because Melvin had not allowed her to see her son during the previous 16 months.

The Florida Department of Children and Families conducted an investigation but the findings were unknown, Flournoy said.

The mother gave birth to another son, fathered by Melvin, since the disappearance of Dontrell. She and other relatives have been cooperating with police, Flournoy said.

OMG! What is wrong with people??!! This is a mixed-up mess. Neither one of them could take care of the little one who is missing, so they make another one to take care of. Lovely. CPS should take the remaining two away from them for good and lock these two parents up! I hope they didn't kill that precious baby!!

I wonder if the mom was getting any state assistance for all of her children?

I wonder if the mom was getting any state assistance for all of her children?

IDK. It's a pretty goofy story to claim custody issues with someone you live with. I also how long they spent concocting their plan. Calling DCF for custody issues is about as smart as D'Andre Lane's story his daughter was carjacked.

And what's up with the extended family also having been under investigation? When was the last time the paternal or maternal grandparents saw their children or grandchildren?

This whole picture is one big mess. :furious:

I don't think that Sierra is Dontrell's mother. It said that his mother called DCF and she was having custody issues. I think Sierra is the new girlfriend that Mr. Melvin has 2 other kids with and lives with. I hope they both get what they deserve. He is a beautiful baby. I would have taken him.

IDK. It's a pretty goofy story to claim custody issues with someone you live with. I also how long they spent concocting their plan. Calling DCF for custody issues is about as smart as D'Andre Lane's story his daughter was carjacked.

And what's up with the extended family also having been under investigation? When was the last time the paternal or maternal grandparents saw their children or grandchildren?

This whole picture is one big mess. :furious:

They probably came up with the custody issues out of necessity... They had put off reporting the baby's death/disappearance for so long and so many people had not seen the baby for more than a year that it was simply not possible to blame a stranger or fake an accident any more. No one would believe a story that a bushy haired dingo stole the baby from the car 18 months ago and the family didn't report it. The only option would be to say they thought someone was caring for him.

Friday morning, cadaver dogs were searching the area of 106 NW First Ave., where the couple lived at the time of Dontrell’s disappearance. Police had roped off the small green house, and were going in and out of it.

“There’s no evidence and statements that have led us to check this property,” Flourney said. “We believe that evidence that is linked to Dontrell’s disappearance is on the property.”

http://www.bradenton.com/2013/01/11/4347183/father-of-florida-toddler-missing.html

I am glad that Dontrell's parents have been arrested. I hope that other people that failed to report this baby missing are arrested, too. And whoever screened out the call the DCF faces some consequences.

I don't think that Sierra is Dontrell's mother. It said that his mother called DCF and she was having custody issues. I think Sierra is the new girlfriend that Mr. Melvin has 2 other kids with and lives with. I hope they both get what they deserve. He is a beautiful baby. I would have taken him.

Oh, that actually makes sense. So Mr. Melvin and the new girlfriend were giving the mother the runaround. And she tried to go to child services and they gave her a runaround, too. :moo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back