CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am awestruck at Fontelle's continued determination. She just wont fold. She is in that house every day and she believes an upstairs bathroom is a crime scene. She is really something special in my eyes.

I am awestruck at Fontelle's continued determination. She just wont fold. She is in that house every day and she believes an upstairs bathroom is a crime scene. She is really something special in my eyes.

That's the side of missing persons cases that just....kills me. These incredibly strong people just waiting, waiting, waiting, for their loved one to be brought home. Knowing the likely outcome. Feeling that unbearable pain of knowing- but not knowing- day in and day out.

What an amazingly strong woman.

Imagine my surprise while I was watching the 11pm news just now-there was a featured segment on Bob Harrod!!! There was an interview with Mrs Harrod and with PIO Loomis. There isnt a link up on the website yet, so let me give you an overview from my notes:

First off- SRE's flyer and FB page were front and center in the story. The multiple facebook pages were mentioned as well.

:clap: to all of you who are diligently working on the social media aspect of this.

PIO Loomis is quoted as saying that they have asked assistance from the OC Cold Case Squad and that they are working on the case now. (That means Larry Montgomery I believe folks....prayers answered.) Here is the part that stunned me: PPD believes that Bob's case is a SUSPICIOUS HOMICIDE. And that the suspect is perhaps someone Bob knew.

:thud:

Fontelle is interviewed and she drops her own bombshell-she believes the bathroom, which was DAMAGED, is the crime scene. She said that Bob was hurt there intentionally or unintentionally.

:thud: :thud:

Bob's children did not respond to requests for comment.

What wonderful, wonderful news! I'm so happy, I really didn't expect this and I have been a little disappointed msm seemed to be oblivious to our efforts to let them know Bob is still missing.

It's phenomenal in fact!!

She said something in the segment about hoping she and Bob could finish out their days together, but that she guessed it just wasnt meant to be.

She sounded so sad.

It was heartwrenching.

The thought of what Fontelle must go through living in that house always struck me. All those good memories, combined with terrible ones too. It's a last, solid link to her Bob though.

Perhaps people who view that house (and reasons for Fontelle to be in it) only in terms of how 'nice' it is, and how much it is worth, should keep that in mind.

What wonderful, wonderful news! I'm so happy, I really didn't expect this and I have been a little disappointed msm seemed to be oblivious to our efforts to let them know Bob is still missing.

It's phenomenal in fact!!

Yes it is! What a difference a day can make.

This is so funny, because I rarely stay up to see the 11PM news...go figure. We are way past my :eek:fftobed:....I am an early to bed person.

:grouphug:

Here's to a higher profile for Bob so he can finally come home...

The thought of what Fontelle must go through living in that house always struck me. All those good memories, combined with terrible ones too. It's a last, solid link to her Bob though.

Perhaps people who view that house (and reasons for Fontelle to be in it) only in terms of how 'nice' it is, and how much it is worth, should keep that in mind.

Such a terrible confluence of emotions. :( My heart breaks for her, and so many other families whose homes are quite literally scarred by loss. Homes that should be a place of sanctity and security and love.

This is so funny, because I rarely stay up to see the 11PM news...go figure. We are way past my :eek:fftobed:....I am an early to bed person.

...and I don't even WATCH the news, seeing as how I feel like I live it every day, lol- and yet here I am turning on the TV that I hate because of Mr. Harrod.

Team Robert, indeed!

Wishing Peace to Bob, Fontelle, everyone who loves Bob and the dedicated people working so hard to bring him home.

A heartfelt thank you to CBS Los Angeles for taking the time to shed some light here.

9.30am here and I usually don't react well to excitement in the morning because I'm a night owl.

I'm taking this news just fine though. It's made my day.

Luckily, that video was playable on an ipad, because I was ready to nudge Mr Z off the other computer pretty quick, broken leg and all, if it wasn't!

O/T, Detective Loomis looked great. And there was a really distinguished photo of Bob too, in evening dress.

So there are some things falling into place here-now I understand why PPD released the photos of the bathroom in the Disappeared episode. Makes way more sense to me now.

The bathroom was DAMAGED and repaired. We know JeM was doing "repairs the day Mr. Harrod disappeared and one of the "repairs" was in the bathroom.

As we have said before, signs of a struggle now masquerading as "home repairs".

None of the daughters could be reached for comment? Strange, daughter JuM recently posted the following on her local forum:

"I have not gone anywhere. I also have not had much to say, I live a boring life here."

http://forums.rimoftheworld.net/showthread.php?60-claire&p=301141&viewfull=1#post301141

The bathroom was DAMAGED and repaired. We know JeM was doing "repairs the day Mr. Harrod disappeared and one of the "repairs" was in the bathroom.

As we have said before, signs of a struggle now masquerading as "home repairs".

None of the daughters could be reached for comment? Strange, daughter JuM recently posted the following on her local forum:

"I have not gone anywhere. I also have not had much to say, I live a boring life here."

http://forums.rimoftheworld.net/showthread.php?60-claire&p=301141&viewfull=1#post301141

When I first came to Mr. Harrod's case, there was much discussion of the state of the bathroom, location of various rooms and things within the home, the time of day last seen, last seen wearing, etc etc.
My immediate thought was this is a robbery gone bad, or a home invasion.

It never crossed my mind that 'home', 'invasion' and 'robbery' might all fit together so differently than I had originally thought. What did tug at my mind was that robberies and home invasions tend to leave their victims behind, not take them with (although that has happened as well, sadly. :( )

Here is a link to the video with the text of the story under it for reference.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013...ssing-placentia-mans-wife-suspects-foul-play/

[Snipped]
Although police said their leads in the case have run dry, they’ve recently asked for the assistance of an elite county cold case unit and believe Bob’s case is a suspicious homicide.

[Snipped]
Authorities maintain he met foul play, perhaps by someone he knew.

[Snipped]
“Truthfully, I think he was murdered in that bathroom upstairs. Maybe intentionally…maybe accidentally,” said Harrod.

The wife said the bathroom was damaged and repaired.Before that, Bob confided that he had a heated discussion with his family who wanted the marriage annulled.

[Snipped]
Bob’s family was unable to be reached for comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff