CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there are some things falling into place here-now I understand why PPD released the photos of the bathroom in the Disappeared episode. Makes way more sense to me now.

Here is a still shot from Disappeared.

Attachments

• JeffBathroom.jpg
    JeffBathroom.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 25
Here is a link to the video with the text of the story under it for reference.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013...ssing-placentia-mans-wife-suspects-foul-play/

[Snipped]
Although police said their leads in the case have run dry, they’ve recently asked for the assistance of an elite county cold case unit and believe Bob’s case is a suspicious homicide.

[Snipped]
Authorities maintain he met foul play, perhaps by someone he knew.

[Snipped]
“Truthfully, I think he was murdered in that bathroom upstairs. Maybe intentionally…maybe accidentally,” said Harrod.

The wife said the bathroom was damaged and repaired.Before that, Bob confided that he had a heated discussion with his family who wanted the marriage annulled.

[Snipped]
Bob’s family was unable to be reached for comment.

BBM~~~~~~~~~

An annulment conversation took place on July 26, 2009 at the "HEATED" family meeting.

The next day Mr. Harrod disappears.

I'm sure if we hear from any of the daughters they will deny any annulment discussion took place. Same old, same old from them as always.

Here is a link to the video with the text of the story under it for reference.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013...ssing-placentia-mans-wife-suspects-foul-play/

[Snipped]
Although police said their leads in the case have run dry, they’ve recently asked for the assistance of an elite county cold case unit and believe Bob’s case is a suspicious homicide.

[Snipped]
Authorities maintain he met foul play, perhaps by someone he knew.

[Snipped]
“Truthfully, I think he was murdered in that bathroom upstairs. Maybe intentionally…maybe accidentally,” said Harrod.

The wife said the bathroom was damaged and repaired.Before that, Bob confided that he had a heated discussion with his family who wanted the marriage annulled.

[Snipped]
Bob’s family was unable to be reached for comment.

BBM~~~~~

Fontelle:
The three girls came to the house and they told me they'd been to see an attorney, and they told me that the attorney advised them to throw my *advertiser censored* out in the street. Now, mind you, I'm newlywed- left everything I had. Gave up everything to come out here to be married and they're going to throw my *advertiser censored* out in the street and I don't even have a home to go back to anymore.

PIO Loomis did state that polygraphs have been given but didnt discuss the results.

OK, I liked her dress and necklace, not that this has the slightest bit of importance, but just thought I would mention it.

Oh, I hope, I hope that the PPD is not using polygraph results to choose direction in their investigation. Too unreliable, too many false positives and false negatives.

For instance, the FBI used to rely heavily on regular polygraphs to screen federal employees handling sensitive classified material. Sadly, they missed people like Aldrich Ames, Robert Hanssen and many others. Another example is Gary Ridgway who was investigated twice for the Green River killings but dropped both times because he passed polygraphs (and went on to kill again and again).

In fact... I really wonder if one of the puzzling aspects of the case for the PPD (remember the quote about how the case was like a balloon in that when it was pushed in one place, it bulged out somewhere else?) is that one or more of those polygraphed had false results.

I did notice that PIO Loomis does have a sharp eye for putting herself together, quite elegant in a very professional way.

Here we go:

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/vide...ssing-placentia-mans-wife-suspects-foul-play/

Please feel free to correct any mistakes I made when taking my notes...

That breaks my heart. Not only does Fontelle sound so sad but she also looks like she's aged 20 years compared to the shot from her wedding day.

Besides the bombshell about the bathroom being damaged, she had another smaller one: Bob's family wanted him to annul the marriage.

Which really contradicts PB's cozy picture of the meeting ending on happy terms with Bob being teased about his new marriage, doesn't it?

So... I wonder what PB was doing that Monday and what kind of alibi she could come up with.

An open, and ongoing investigation, oh, sweet sweet words!

Some cases, even though cold, keep getting investigative attention for many, many years. I know someone who is peripherally related to a child abduction in the mid-1950s who told me that investigators contact the family every 5 to 10 years, even now, to ask questions and to get DNA samples.

I think there are some cases that just get their hooks into investigators and don't let go. I'm hoping Bob is one such case.

Particularly since, if any of my theories are true, there is definitely a public menace in letting those responsible roam freely. When you put together an 81 year old man, family with money wants, a large estate, a new marriage and silence... well, that speaks of a level of coldness that makes me fear for anyone who gets in their way.

That breaks my heart. Not only does Fontelle sound so sad but she also looks like she's aged 20 years compared to the shot from her wedding day.

Besides the bombshell about the bathroom being damaged, she had another smaller one: Bob's family wanted him to annul the marriage.

Which really contradicts PB's cozy picture of the meeting ending on happy terms with Bob being teased about his new marriage, doesn't it?

So... I wonder what PB was doing that Monday and what kind of alibi she could come up with.

BBM-she has her phone call alibi, remember? Not much of an alibi, but she does claim she called and heard Bob and BIL and the whole "positive response thing..."

Here is a still shot from Disappeared.
was curious...
IS that an actual photo supplied by LE for the episode? Or a screenshot of a reenactment?
(sorry I haven't been able to watch it)
tia

BBM-she has her phone call alibi, remember? Not much of an alibi, but she does claim she called and heard Bob and BIL and the whole "positive response thing..."[/Q
I really wonder about the timing of this call, and the next. And the arrival of the CL. Is there a good chance we can firm up a timeline of when Mr.Harrod was last inside the residence, based on this?

I dont know, Oriah. Maybe the next interview will shed more light on this...PPD seems willing to cut some information loose at this point!!! Seeing as how this is a suspicious homicide and all.

I have said this before in jest, but now it is in all seriousness-the first one to the OC D.A. wins here. The very first one.

OC Cold Case which has a 5 star solve rate is working this case, which means it is also on the radar of the OC DA. IMO.

PPD has indicated that this is a suspicious homicide and that Bob may have known his attacker.

We have a possible crime scene inside of the house.

It is time to start digging deep and giving up the information that can solve this...I mean, the people who have it have to think about saving themselves or saving their loved ones.

:( I really hate this case.

I just love Bob and Fontelle. Mr and Mrs Harrod. Bob has got a quirky smile and a zest for life in his eye. He wasn't finished yet, you can tell easily by the photos of him and Fontelle.

Mrs Harrod does look very different now, from her former glamourous self, although she is still a very elegant, slim, attractive lady. The loss of her glamour speaks of her love for Bob to me. She made herself look as absolutely beautiful as she could for the man she loved. Now he's gone, she is well dressed and neat, and that's all. She doesn't give a hoot about appearing on TV, or looking good for any other man out there who could comfort her and be a companion.

She is waiting for her Bob. If he were to walk through the door tomorrow (and how I wish he could), Mrs Harrod would look like a movie star, pretty quick, I bet. Mrs Harrod has proved her love and loyalty to Bob again and again.

People shouldn't be in a position to have to choose which family member they place their trust in, and believe. They should all be working together to find Bob. But they are not, and it is obvious Mrs Harrod's version of events and Bob's blood family's is never going to match up.

I know who I think has shown the most honesty and integrity and straight talking so far.

but now it is in all seriousness-the first one to the OC D.A. wins here. The very first one.

.....I mean, the people who have it have to think about saving themselves or saving their loved ones.

snipped for brevity

believe< I concur

I have some thoughts on the annullment too, but I'll post them when I've calmed down. How did they dare to ask their Father that!

And at the same time tell everyone else how happy they were about Dad having found happiness again. Yuk.

Oh, the flipping OC Register has a story about cold cases being looked at again. And they still haven't let me subscribe. I'm going to make them take my money. My dollars are as good as a Californians. They're just in Euros.

I dont know, Oriah. Maybe the next interview will shed more light on this...PPD seems willing to cut some information loose at this point!!! Seeing as how this is a suspicious homicide and all.

I have said this before in jest, but now it is in all seriousness-the first one to the OC D.A. wins here. The very first one.

OC Cold Case which has a 5 star solve rate is working this case, which means it is also on the radar of the OC DA. IMO.

PPD has indicated that this is a suspicious homicide and that Bob may have known his attacker.

We have a possible crime scene inside of the house.

It is time to start digging deep and giving up the information that can solve this...I mean, the people who have it have to think about saving themselves or saving their loved ones.

BBM: I agree.

A 'possible crime scene' is key, imvho. To shoring up a timeline, to locating Mr. Harrod, to placing people and their alibis, to good 'ole CYA.

If Mr. Harrod was upstairs (since there is no other mention of a B&E or other external access to the residence) well, would he have gone downstairs to let someone in? Or might someone have let themselves in, already having a key? He was expecting at least two people that morning- his SIL and the CL. One had a key to the residence and the other did not.

Was the interior door (between the house and garage) key access? And if so, was it locked? Was the key the same for the garage as the external door to the house? What about a garage door opener?

"We would have no way to sync your location with the digital paywall"

Does anyone in California need a lodger? I swear you will not notice me at all.

Who owns the OC Register?

ETA: Lol, Spitz sounds Germanic. He'll find a way to let me pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh