GUILTY KS - Vashti Seacat, 34, found slain in house fire, Kingman, 30 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's Kansas law that people on the witness stand get that choice. I know, it sucks. BUT, he could have chosen no audio, too........

Defendant's shouldn't have the right to not show their faces once they take the stand.

Stupid law there Kansas!

Tru Value car repair on certain sides of the street indicate whether the repairs are done.
He went to Tru Value and a car wash to wash the truck, then went to Casey's to get GAS.

He filled the truck up with GAS, well he didn't fill it up all the way because he didn't have enough money. Remembers 9.28 gallons, but not the price, says BS. Ah, Jodi, Jodi.

GASoLINE!

Recess for the day.
Maybe the prosecutor will whip out GAS receipts from another state? Hey..it's happened before.

If I'm going to remember either or ... it will be the price, not the gallons.

:lame:

I asked the news reporter that is inside the court room how many men and women on the jury. This is her reply via Twitter:

There are five women and eight men, which includes the alternate jurors. Two jurors have been dismissed already.

I asked the news reporter that is inside the court room how many men and women on the jury. This is her reply via Twitter:

There are five women and eight men, which includes the alternate jurors. Two jurors have been dismissed already.

The thank you button was NOT enough....thank you for asking that!

I wonder if we will hear this defendant say he felt like a used piece of toilet paper?!?!?

157leu.png

:drumroll:

Wish there were more women, wives and mothers, on the jury for this particular case. Hope they are all, men and women, willing to convict this guy who killed his wife and put his sons in danger, IMOO. The children will suffer for his decision to kill Vashti for the rest of their lives.

I wonder if we will hear this defendant say he felt like a used piece of toilet paper?!?!?

157leu.png

:drumroll:

I bet this defendant goes with the torched hard drive.......I was made to feel like a torched hard drive, or a thrown out cell phone!

Wish there were more women, wives and mothers, on the jury for this particular case. Hope they are all, men and women, willing to convict this guy who killed his wife and put his sons in danger, IMOO. The children will suffer for his decision to kill Vashti for the rest of their lives.

It's ok, if we don't have wives and mothers and there are more "guys" they surely have been pulled over and ticketed by an officer...

Unfortunately it's all too common for a renegade officer to have a temper. The job lends itself to that being a breeding ground for what may be under the surface of the person in the first place.

Defendant's shouldn't have the right to not show their faces once they take the stand.

Stupid law there Kansas!

I agree. Seeing the person while they testify, their expressions, fidgeting, nervousness, demeanor......all of that factors in to whether they're believable or not. To me if there are cameras, there are cameras.

See y'all tomorrah.

Gunna spend the evening updating my pants sniffing expert witness resume and working on my website.

HLN just said when BS cracked the joke about being at Panera so long, the jurors were not happy. They also said his facial expressions, jokes, and long answers to questions that shouldn't be long, has not helped him at all. Jury tuning him out.

Dang it. I really want to see his face when he's testilying.

On HLN:

One of the reporters petitioned the court to show Seacat's face, but it didn't work.

I'm still getting up to speed in this case. Anyone know who has the Children? TIA.

What sentencing is Brett Seacap facing?

He must have thought he could get away with it. Bet he wishes he didn't spend all that time looking online at the bustling used cell phone market or wasting time torching hard drives, and kicks himself for not thinking sanely about the possibility of spending the rest of his life behind bars.

From what I could find, he's facing a “hard-50” sentence if convicted of premeditated, first-degree murder in his wife’s death.

Plus

The charge of aggravated arson carries a potential sentence of between four and 20 years in prison. Charges of aggravated endangering a child each carry a sentence of between five and 17 months in prison upon conviction.

Is that right? Sounds like he is not going to be part of his children's lives at all now if he is found guilty.
He sure sounds guilty to me.

did i miss anything today? it was super hot so i ended up being out all day with the kids

:lol: I love listening to Ted Rowlands on JMV describe the defendant on the stand.

There's some pics here of Vashti's family. There's a lovely pic of Vashti with her children.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/05/19/4244162/a-fire-a-body-a-murder-trial-in.html

"Kathleen Forrest, Vashti Seacat’s older sister, said Friday, “What people don’t realize is that for us, time has stood still. Two years ago it stood still.”

When you love someone so much and that person is “jerked from their life unexpectedly … you can’t move on,” she said.

“The pain is beyond what anybody can even imagine.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/05/19/4244162/a-fire-a-body-a-murder-trial-in.html#storylink=cpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo