MS MS - Bolton, BlkFem 15-25, 1245UFMS, shot in the abdomen, prev childbirth or abortion, Jul'99

still not in NamUs...
UNIDENTIFIED BLACK FEMALE

Date of Discovery: July 19, 1999

Location of Discovery: Bolton, Hinds County, Mississippi
Estimated Date of Death: 1-2 weeks prior
State of Remains: Decomposed
Cause of Death: Gunshot to the abdomen
Estimated Age: 15-25 years old
Height: 5'0" to 5'1"
Weight: 110 to 120 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She previously had gone through childbirth or had an abortion.

Clothing: The body was unclothed, but was placed on top of the bottom of a yellow rain slicker.
Additional Personal Items: Black cloth fragment; part of an equipment chain.

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim's nude, decomposed remains were found at an oil well in the St. Thomas area of Bolton. She was lying on top of bottoms to a yellow rain slicker. Found next to her were a piece of black cloth and a piece of equipment chain.

A possible suspect has been identified; he may be responsible for at least ten other killings or disappearances. However, he has not been charged in those cases due to lack of evidence.

He was charged and found guilty of kidnapping and aggravated assault against another woman in 2009, and sentenced to 50 years in prison.

Dentals: Unknown.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Unknown.

Investigating Agency(s)
Hinds County Sheriff Department: 601-974-2900
Agency Case Number: 99-2271
Hinds County Coroner: 601-973-5505

Information Source(s)
Mississippi Missing & Unidentified Persons
Matt Kozar article

https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/8276
http://charleyproject.org/case/genelle-princess-bradford
Missing from Pennsylvania since April 27, 1999. She was 17 years old, 5'3" - 5'4", 96 lbs. According to Charley Project:
Genelle disappeared from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on April 27, 1999. That day she attended classes at Wilkinsburg High School, where she was an honors student due to graduate in two months. That evening, she went to her job at the YWCA on Ross Avenue and was last seen walking home. She never arrived.

Genelle's friends didn't believe she would have run away, because she was happy with her life and looking forward to her upcoming prom. Her father wasn't a part of her life, and her mother died when she was five, so she was raised by her grandparents.

Genelle's grandparents stated her grades had slipped prior to her disappearance; during her senior year, she had stopped studying and doing her homework as conscientiously as before.

Investigators believe Genelle left of her own accord and may still be local area. Her grandmother speculated she left home due to a boyfriend and/or an unplanned pregnancy. Her case remains unsolved.

There are a few more who could fit...

https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/1876
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1807dfmd.html
A bit older than the estimated age range at 33 years, but there aren't too many females who fit the physical description. She was 4'9" - 5'0", 98 - 130 lbs. She had a tattoo on her thigh, but that may not have been noticed on the UID due to decomposition. She disappeared from Maryland almost exactly 2 weeks prior to the discovery of the UID, which matches with the PMI.

https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/142
This woman's date of last contact is listed as July 30, 1999 but the circumstances are a bit unclear so I wonder if there is room for error. She was 27 years old, 5'2", 144 lbs. She was supposed to be en route from Memphis, Tennessee to California to pick up her child, but she never arrived. Hinds County, MS is not a place she would have passed through if she were taking a direct route, but if she was taken from Memphis, her killer could have driven her to MS I suppose. I didn't see anywhere if the man responsible for these slayings only targeted local women or not.

This girl is alive and well. She's still in philadelphia as of a few years ago. I was driving uber and she was a passenger... we were in conversation and she told me she was a missing person named princess and it looked just like her

This girl is alive and well. She's still in philadelphia as of a few years ago. I was driving uber and she was a passenger... we were in conversation and she told me she was a missing person named princess and it looked just like her
Did Genelle Bradford told you what she was doing for a living? And why she disappeared?

Missing from Jackson, Mississippi. A bit above the height. (5'5) 25 years at the time, but does have tattoos. Would they have missed that, due the decomposition? Could be. Micky Colman – The Charley Project. Nothing about a child or pregnancy.

Did Genelle Bradford told you what she was doing for a living? And why she disappeared?
Nope she didn't get into the whole detail but I do believe this was her.i think I commented on her name and asked of that was her real name and she said something to the effect of yes, it's princess and I've been a missing person in philadelphia

Searched for all three of them. Not in Namus, or maybe hidden from a broader public? Something about the alleged killer and why they were unable to pin this murders on him. Very disturbing....

Warning!! Very graphic content (text)

Smith said ,Ricky> Franklin has been suspected in at least 10 slayings or disappearances, but he has never been convicted due to a lack of evidence. "Back in 1999, they discovered the bodies. There were witnesses who were reluctant to give statements and they had issues with securing evidence," Smith said. Faye Peterson, who was the Hinds County district attorney at the time Franklin went to trial, said it was hard to get a conviction because no one would talk about the case. She said they had scattered information that led him to be a person of interest. "He's one of those individuals that you hate to say you know they'll be back, but you don't want to think about someone else getting hurt," Peterson said. "So that was not the strongest case. The assistant that tried it knew it wasn't, but he was just one of those individuals we really felt strongly that we needed to at least try." Franklin has been on trial three times for murder and rape charges. He was found not guilty once. The other two cases ended in mistrials.

Eventually he was charged and found guilty of kidnapping and aggravated assault against another woman in 2009, and sentenced to 50 years in prison.

One of the victims is identified in 2004
McKinney disappeared from Jackson, Mississippi on September 11, 1999. She was involved in drugs and prostitution at the time of her disappearance. Her remains were found in a remote area near Bolton, Mississippi in October or November 1999, but were not identified until December 2004. She had been stabbed to death.

Then there was the homicide of Mabel Conic, a known prostitute, age 41. Also from Jackson. Her cause of death was listed as possible gunshot trauma, found at the same approx. spot.

It's very likely the other unidentified victims were also into drugs and prostitution (no judgement here) and he picked them up in Jackson, MS too.

ETA​

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86