TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very surprised not any talk on the car, kind of surprising..

Just today I noticed someone asked if there were any findings or info. About the Nissan- reply from MPD- no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Batbrat,
I thoroughly enjoy your posts and insights. You've added alot to help keep the discussion lively. Your video of the green perp is an incredible blend of science and art. When you are removing the costume, and eliminating areas that are anatomically impossible, it seems you would have to work within a framework of possible body builds (both male and female). The build you arrived at is masculine. At what point in the process did you eliminate the feminine builds? Wider hips (pear), larger chest (apple), etc.

Sorry this took so long to answer. In my analysis, the sex of the subject and the body shape was generic from the start. The final animation does not represent my starting point, but rather a final conclusion from the evaluation of the entire video. I outlined my techniques on a previous post, not sure if you saw that. Either way, I’ll try to keep it as concise as possible yet still comprehensive. The short answer is research, external evaluation, knowledge of anatomy, and common sense.

The long answer is actually long, so bear with me. It’s a lot to chew through.

(Skip this paragraph if you already read my previous post on how the animation was done). I tracked the movements of the subject in the video frame by frame, marking the location of joints first in order to determine limb length ratios and joint angulation, etc. Even at that early stage, that framework reveals clues about the sex of the subject. But that isn’t what determined my overall body shape. I made no assumptions about the body beneath the gear at that point. I simply eliminated bulk. Using data points to locate the thinnest areas where the costume hugged the body or shifted/pulled away, I was able to eliminate bulk at each of those points. Those data points then became fixed, meaning they were applied to all other frames in the sequence and that body part was revealed. I used over 100 data points in that brief few second long sequence of frames.

So that’s how the initial frame and body shape started to appear. You’ve asked about the hips, several data points and reference revealed a narrow hip, not wide. So early on it was clear the subject does not have a pear-shaped body.

So the general silhouette is established. From this point the subject can only become thinner than the basic silhouette, not heavier. But there are some places on the body that the costume doesn’t reveal data points to eliminate bulk. Those areas are the back, the upper front torso, and the outer thighs. In order to determine the approximate shape of the body beneath those concealed areas, I have to use other methods:

Research. The subject is wearing an ordinary tactical vest with pouch pockets over a jacket or coat. We know that because we can see evidence of it quite clearly in several segments of the video. I have researched tactical gear exhaustively. I was able to locate a vest very similar to the one subject is wearing after eliminating around 100 similar styles. (see Fig 1) This vest is close in design, with similar pocket locations and other visual clues. It has specific dimensions which I have applied to the subject in the video. The stacked pouch pockets which are around 6.5” x 4” x 2.5”, and darted chest pockets which are 4 x 3 x 1.5” (presumably deeper when full) are my baseline. Including the interfaced flaps and vest (which may also be lined), plus any jacket underneath, the lower pouch pockets would protrude 3-4” minimum, and if full, perhaps more. A vest identical to the one pictured, but with POLICE patches was sold on eBay last October. The vest is just one aspect, and my numbers are just a starting point, but you can see how just a few inches in layers of bulk must be accounted for rather than trusting what the eye sees and assuming "flesh".

Evaluation of the entire video. I start by referring to other frames of the video which are outside the sequence I animated. In these isolated frames, you can see the silhouette outline of the vest, showing the pockets and gaps between. In other frames, it’s clear the vest and/or jacket is either lined/padded or not close-fitting, due to the way it protrudes from the torso when the subject moves his upper body. Using these frames, I used a combination of subtraction of minimum vest dimensions along with the euclidean geometric axiom (applied to general anatomy) to determine the approximate body shape and size beneath the pocketed vest/jacket. This same technique was used for the tac cargo pants with pouch pockets. These single frames (see Fig 2) capture shapes that are not body weight. Why?

Knowledge of anatomy. Body mass cannot not fluctuate or shift significantly over the body frame. A belly won't suddenly slide around to the back. Arms won't be lean one moment then bulging the next. Every data point that eliminated bulk during the first phase became fixed - in other words, that bulk did not get re-added because an earlier or later frame showed a lump or bulge in a place where it was eliminated. In addition to that, flesh sits on the frame in pretty predictable ways. Muscle bulk is predictable. To a lesser degree, fat deposits are predictable. The human body is also predictably symmetrical - if an outer thigh pouch pocket containing a pry bar bulges out to the side, I am going to conclude the bulge on the opposite side isn’t likely muscle or fat. If the tactical vest has a protrusion on one side of the chest and not the other, I’m going to conclude it’s a pouch pocket and not a person with one breast. While anomalies like this do occur (asymmetrical or atypical body shapes, oddly-placed bulges, missing body parts, etc.), I did not create unnecessarily complicated scenarios to accommodate those anomalies. Some might ask “How do you know some of those shapes don’t contain body mass?"

Common sense. Common sense dictates that what we are seeing throughout the entirety of the video is a tactical vest with pouch pockets. The bulk from the tactical vest does not suddenly become body bulk in places where the video isn’t as clear. It remains a tactical vest throughout. And while we don’t know what’s in the pouch pockets of that tactical vest, common sense also dictates that there aren't holes cut through the backs of those pouch pockets to insert breasts, belly fat, etc.

It may be difficult to believe by looking at the video, but I did not arbitrarily remove hips, belly, or chest in order to fit a male shape. Those were determined by scientific methods, not “eyeballing” or “feelings” or even conformation bias. As I stated earlier, the body can be thinner, but not heavier. The one area that is concealed most is the middle torso. It is possible that that area is actually thinner than my animation - more hourglass shaped. So that particular final piece was based on the combination of all other clues put together. The limb length, the upper torso/lower limb ratio, the posture/gait, and my height estimations. All of these clues point to a male, so I declined to arbitrarily narrow the waist. At the request of others, I have created illustrations featuring more female characteristics within the parameters of my data. Long hair, narrow waist, etc. My conclusion is still “male”, even with added artifice. My final conclusion, using everything here, plus my height evaluations, is male and likely on the lean side.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• swatvest.jpg
    swatvest.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 648
  • gapspouches.jpg
    gapspouches.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 587
Sorry this took so long to answer. In my analysis, the sex of the subject and the body shape was generic from the start. The final animation does not represent my starting point, but rather a final conclusion from the evaluation of the entire video. I outlined my techniques on a previous post, not sure if you saw that. Either way, I’ll try to keep it as concise as possible yet still comprehensive. The short answer is research, external evaluation, knowledge of anatomy, and common sense.
Snip

I know this has been said many times, but your work is so impressive. The amount of research alone, before you even start the digital mapping must have taken so much of your time. It is greatly appreciated. Now, if we could just get someone to go stand next to one of the doors in the church with a big yardstick and take a picture..... :)

Respectfully BBM. Do you have a link for where it was stated she wasn't feeling well April 17? Thanks in advance.
I wish I did. Did someone delete some of her posts? there are several that aren't on there anymore.

..working out

Marker 1:10
attachment.php

-Nin
Thanks NIN...I saw that, but "tech challenged"....maybe she quit going to the gym because someone was bothering her. And that someone was also a member of the gym? Maybe that someone handles rejection in a violent manner. I'm sure local PD is looking into members of the gym who have had recent "run-ins" with the law for physical altercations or domestic violence?? Should be pretty easy to find that connection?

Oh, and up thread a brilliant poster mentioned autopsy being done on Tuesday AND THEN the ATF dog being brought in on Wednesday. In my mind, implies the crime scene looked violent....and initially looked like "punture/stab/blows" from the items SP was carrying. But, after the medical examiner started the autopsy might have said, ...."OH NO, we have more than blunt force trauma, puncture and stabbing. I see evidence of a gun shot wound being the initial assault! The other injuries were exacted postmortem in an attempt to mask the true instrument of death."
SwatPerp takes the weapon (gun) with him and leaves the break-in tools behind. Oh my, just thought about something else, that is beginning to "fill in the pieces" of this puzzle. Recently, there were arrests made of former LE who illegally sold "guns that were supposed to have been destroyed.
Wow, wow, wow.....what if the bullet fragment match a weapon used in a previous crime and LE now realizes it was one from their own evidence locker?? Yeah, "weapons from an evidence locker" being used again for crimes....Yep, THAT would bring in ALL the ALPHABET AGENCIES....FBI, ATF, MPD, TXR, DOJ, DEA, Homeland Security.... wow. I think I am seeing the bigger picture...

Thanks NIN...I saw that, but "tech challenged"....maybe she quit going to the gym because someone was bothering her. And that someone was also a member of the gym? Maybe that someone handles rejection in a violent manner. I'm sure local PD is looking into members of the gym who have had recent "run-ins" with the law for physical altercations or domestic violence?? Should be pretty easy to find that connection?

Oh, and up thread a brilliant poster mentioned autopsy being done on Tuesday AND THEN the ATF dog being brought in on Wednesday. In my mind, implies the crime scene looked violent....and initially looked like "punture/stab/blows" from the items SP was carrying. But, after the medical examiner started the autopsy might have said, ...."OH NO, we have more than blunt force trauma, puncture and stabbing. I see evidence of a gun shot wound being the initial assault! The other injuries were exacted postmortem in an attempt to mask the true instrument of death."
SwatPerp takes the weapon (gun) with him and leaves the break-in tools behind. Oh my, just thought about something else, that is beginning to "fill in the pieces" of this puzzle. Recently, there were arrests made of former LE who illegally sold "guns that were supposed to have been destroyed.
Wow, wow, wow.....what if the bullet fragment match a weapon used in a previous crime and LE now realizes it was one from their own evidence locker?? Yeah, "weapons from an evidence locker" being used again for crimes....Yep, THAT would bring in ALL the ALPHABET AGENCIES....FBI, ATF, MPD, TXR, DOJ, DEA, Homeland Security.... wow. I think I am seeing the bigger picture...

JMHO if the autopsy was completed on Tues morning why they would wait til the next day to take the K9 in the church? I would think they would do that ASAP.. Oh well, we may find out or not someday. Maybe K9 was unavail but just really another oddity about this case to me.

True, but the autopsy was done in Dallas on Tuesday morning.

Yes. I would imagine one would need to request the search team, and then accept the time they had available to do the search. I'm not sure it's that seamless from autopsy findings to notifying MPD to contacting the canine team. I'm not law enforcement and don't have any factual information on how this works. Just my thoughts. I'm thinking from the autopsy on Tuesday morning in Dallas County to the search Wednesday in Ellis County isn't that long.

:thinking: jmho on K9 if wasn't for building why wait until after the church was cleaned and people fixing to be allowed in? JMHO

It may be as simple as they used the.l dog as a precaution, just to be certain there wasn't something they'd missed - along with providing the K9 "work" so to speak. They probably want to get him in on many real-life scenes along with his training for practice.

'It all seems a bit strange that she says she fears for her life and then she dies from being shot.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-told-friend-no-guns-house.html#ixzz4C4XPBsF5
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That quote is what made me think this is weird.

What if Missy did have a gun and the SWAT perp took it away from her and shot her with it?

BBM I agree, that is what I have been thinking. I've heard of it before. JMO MOO

I can't find the post now but sometime this weekend or in the past few days a poster was really curious about what the killer was doing in this shot -

final walk 10.jpg

Anyway, I've been zooming in on screencaptures from about 1:46 to 1:47 in the MPD video and the killer is holding up a piece of square shaped glass with her left hand to shield/blur a portion of her face from the camera. You can even see two (gloved) fingers in some of the shots holding the piece of glass up. And, she does have a headlamp on the right side of her head.

Pretty sure its nothing but I noticed in this picture of MB there is an oval sticker advertising the restaurant

"Ham Melt" - white oval, nah I doubt its anything who would have a sticker like that on their bumper? IMO MOO
attachment.php

Attachments

• missy.jpg
    missy.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 329
I can't find the post now but sometime this weekend or in the past few days a poster was really curious about what the killer was doing in this shot -

attachment.php

Anyway, I've been zooming in on screencaptures from about 1:46 to 1:47 in the MPD video and the killer is holding up a piece of square shaped glass with her left hand to shield/blur a portion of her face from the camera. You can even see two (gloved) fingers in some of the shots holding the piece of glass up. And, she does have a headlamp on the right side of her head.

One of the other suggestions I have seen for this scene is that SP holds up a small flashlight and then turn it on to shine it in the doorway. The small ones with the rubber power switch at the back, which SP would be turning on with their thumb. Something similar to:

attachment.php

ETA: Yikes - sorry for the huge pic

Attachments

• overhand.jpg
    overhand.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 381
One of the other suggestions I have seen for this scene is that SP holds up a small flashlight and then turn it on to shine it in the doorway. The small ones with the rubber power switch at the back, which SP would be turning on with their thumb. Something similar to:

attachment.php

ETA: Yikes - sorry for the huge pic

Nice! I too wondered about that item and how it's held. I asked around to right-handed folks if they could hold a flashlight "cop style" with the left hand and easily turn it on. All said it felt awkward. This solves that in my eyes.

Yes, this has been my leaning, too, IQuestion. Especially since discovering that the first bad cop (Slaughter) was arrested on the 15th - the Friday of the weekend Missy was in Austin. She arrives home Sunday, and her murder happens before dawn the next morning. If this was a revenge or hush-up murder affiliated somehow with that bad cop/steroids/stolen guns case, someone was wasting no time.

There is nothing odd about calling home before going to sleep when you are out of town to say "Goodnight, I love you". We do it every night even if out of the country. We call when we get into our hotel room "I am here, the hotel is fine and all is well" and then again before settling in for the night. It is so normal. I do not understand making this out to be something nefarious.

I agree, TeaTime, when my husband's out of town, he always calls me. If I'm out of town, I always call him. It's normal for most married couples. We stay in touch. We miss each other, that's actually a time that we appreciate each other a little more, when we're apart. Nothing nefarious at all, if anything it's a sign of a healthy marriage. JMO

From Scout link:

K-9 Titan came to ATF from the state of Washington. He currently lives in North Texas just outside of Fort Worth with its large expanse of countryside. Titan feels right at home, because he is very rambunctious and loves to run. https://www.atf.gov/about/k9/titan

:thinking: Curious why took until Wed for Titan to be brought to the church, if not to look for possible explosives? Titian lives just outside Ft Worth. Especially if the local K9 was trained in weapons?

Per Local

You're right.. the COC already had released the crime scene back to the COC on Monday, just (roughly 7 hours after the crime..) per a news video. What? That in itself is so odd..

MB's preliminary COD was released on Tues..

ATF comes in on Wednesday. I would have thought if they suspected a "BOMB" they might have checked that out on MONDAY? ......just sayin.

I thought they might have used x-rays ?

seems like I had heard early it was a gunshot but maybe they tested the wounds for residue and determined it was not from a gun but that hammer most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly