jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 9TH DAY #48 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sooooooo glad Beth gets it. I can't believe some of these TV attorneys that are critical of his technique. Could be they are not practicing attorneys. I love the man for trying to clear Travis' name for the family. God Bless him. jmo

Juan is on a mission - not only does he want to see the jury return a DP verdict but he is also on a singular mission of restoring Travis's good name in the process.

Go Juan!

Imagine what Jodi could have accomplished if she had used her intellect for good instead of evil.

I honestly don't think she's smart at all. In any case a pure heart is required to use the intellect for good.

it is very possible she severed a tendon while stabbing Travis... she pointed out the injury to Flores in the interview.

(it was not in her pictures in May however :wink:)

Not to mention her face seems to have undergone an evil transformation! She looks nothing like her earlier pictures (hair color aside). She truly has the look of someone possessed with something :eek:

Flores mentioned that he had seen that injury before and it was common for the murderer in a stabbing to have similar injuries as the knife gets bloody and slimy..and the hand slips.

I noticed that. lol

When she was 'teaching' the audience about the procedure for releasing property, she sounded like the assistant warden, not a violent offender. She is so phony and arrogant. :jail:

This "educational moment" stood out like a big, fat sore thumb. Previously, her rhythm with JM had been nothing but one-word, short phrase, and one-sentence answers. There'd been none of that off-topic / finely detailed answering that Nurmi had encouraged.

But sudden the rambling answer-style was back mid-JM. Like she REALLY needed to explain the minutia of jailhouse stuff-monitoring rules. Which had NOTHING to do with where she knew JM was going.

She did this to run-out the clock before the bombshell dropped. That's how I knew she was trying to evade and cover-up something really big. Way too much 'splaining, Lucy.

Hahaha, watch rerun about finger. She told at least three different lies about what happened to her finger! Why always in 3's?

ETA: oh and I remember a story about breaking a glass while bathing Napoleon!

As a former waitress she should known better, it would be like using a glass to scoop up ice for the drink you are about to serve. It's a no,no. Surprised jodi would have outed her stupidity to that.

Ok this might be slightly off topic but since I've read some quoted posts somehow attempting to diminish Juan Martinez for spending his entire career as an ADA prosecuting "the worst of the worst" in my State and County, I thought I'd share a little story about who will always be, to me, the best attorney in the world. Catherine Hughes, now retired, who prosecuted my sister's killers and who, at the time of her retirement, had an office right next to Juan Martinez so she knows him. I have the same degree of respect for Cathy H. as I do Beth K. Meaning I basically believe and rely on most everything they tell me. Credible, smart and integrity.

Cathy Hughes was a prosecutor in the smaller county "Pinal County" which was where our trials were held as although my sister lived in Mesa AZ (like Travis) and the entire investigation went down with Mesa PD (like travis), her body was found in the desert outside Maricopa County so our trials occurred in that county, Pinal.

She just got the case because she was on call that night...there was more to it than that but we were so lucky we got her. That was divine intervention for our family to be sure.

I won't go in to all the details but in our second trial (she prosecuted both brothers and both got the death penalty),there was the most brilliant "Perry Mason moment" I've ever seen in a trial that wasn't fiction. I may describe it later but it had to do with her discrediting their star witness, the famous forensic pathologist Vincent DiMaio who was the one person the defense called in to podunk Florence AZ from his pedestal in TX to exonerate their client.

Cathy found a piece of evidence having to do with right and left handed wounds that NO ONE considered prior or during this trial. She found it because she did her homework and bought DiMaio's textbook and actually uncovered this incredible piece of evidence all on her own while the trial was going on! She held it carefully in secret (but she told me and I held it secret with her) and on the stand that day she managed to turn Di Maio in to a prosecution witness literally standing there questioning him (cross examining) him right in to this exchange :

CH: So it is in your expert opinion Dr. DiMaio that based on all the evidence put forth today, that it is actually the defendant, Rudi Apelt who committed these wounds.

VD: Yes it is.

Their OWN witness turned completely around and id'ing their client in the courtroom as the killer. Oh and as she asked that question she wound her arm around in a big circle and pointed right at him, the murderer. I have tears in my eyes remembering this day.

That jury on a DP trial, deliberated 3 hours to come back with their GUILTY verdict. Thank you dr. DiMaio for that. We didn't have to wait days like we did in the first trial.

Catherine Hughes then got discovered from our trials after that. It was a huge buzz in legal circles. She was offered many jobs and promotions.

As her ultimate goal at that point in her life was to become a Judge, she felt that she needed some experience in defense work to know both sides of the cases. So (as it kind of broke my heart in private) she told me she was taking a job with the Legal Defender's office.. Huge promotion, more money and she could move back to Phoenix.

I think Cathy worked in this office for 3 years until she quit and went back to being a "lowly ADA in the prosecutor's office again". I remember her telling me "I'm too good and I can get these murderers off and I just can't do it anymore". She's probably more skilled than 99% of the lawyers out there so she couldn't dumb herself down and she couldn't live with getting murderers off anymore. So she finished her career with her true love: prosecution. I think she did all DP cases by the time she retired. It was a huge commitment as they are very demanding on a person. She let go of the Judge idea at some point along the way I think primarily because she wanted to retire early because, well, she could!

After she retired, a few years after that, she came out of retirement to help our family with the appeal for the mental retardation claim. NO ONE knows our cases better than Cathy Hughes. She came out of her lovely life of travel and art and other lovely things to HELP OUR CASE FOR FREE. The legal defender's office, her old office, tried to get her off the case as she'd once vacationed with our family. The biased Judge granted it...it was appealed to the aZ Supreme Court and she got back on. It was a life saver as the prosecutor in that hearing was brand new to the case which the defenders had been working on for SEVEN YEARS. Cathy couldn't stand seeing this vulnerability so she sat front and center for that hearing which was a miraculous comfort to my family in a hideous, terrifying situation. These murderers could have gotten up for parole in 5 years from death row. It was VERY SERIOUS.

So, that's what a person who follows their calling in life does. She lives in a beautiful home in North Phoenix, travels the world now and has unplugged from the world of crime after doing her job for many many years putting away "the worst of the worst". It was a job well done, a life well lived and what I would call the noblest of the noble.

And this is the same lens with which I view Juan Martinez who's also followed his calling prosecuting, successfully the worst of the worst in my county. And thank God he's not chased some other money dream but that of his conscience and integrity and life's work.

We need him doing this work. And I for one appreciate his sacrifice and commitment.

So...there's that.

actually he would have gotten a lot further if Ms Arias and her attorneys hadn't had to review all their (lies) testimony from the day before.
He is brilliant. I think he is doing a wonderful job.:twocents:

~bbm

I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you mean reviewing the testimony that Juan was asking her about, he would have to have expected that. SOP.

it is very possible she severed a tendon while stabbing Travis... she pointed out the injury to Flores in the interview.

(it was not in her pictures in May however :wink:)

Not to mention her face seems to have undergone an evil transformation! She looks nothing like her earlier pictures (hair color aside). She truly has the look of someone possessed with something :eek:

i think something happened to it because otherwise, i don't see how this finger serves her purpose. yes, she says he did it and we know he didn't----but i believe it's a real injury she got from stabbing him to death.

not seeking medical attention for that injury is very suspicious to me. having had a broken finger, i know i could not have ignored it. she says she couldn't go to a doctor because of how it happened and she didn't want anybody to know travis did it.

but come on. all she had to say to a dr. is 'i jammed it' or something. they don't hook you up to a polygraph at the dr's office!!! so the fact she sought no attention for it at all tells me she got it on june 4, and knew if she went to see someone for it, she'd be sunk.

I think her lawyer should not object to anything JM says and let her continue to talk.

She's doing a fine job herself.

This "educational moment" stood out like a big, fat sore thumb. Previously, her rhythm with JM had been nothing but one-word, short phrase, and one-sentence answers. There'd been none of that off-topic / finely detailed answering that Nurmi had encouraged.

But sudden the rambling answer-style was back mid-JM. Like she REALLY needed to explain the minutia of jailhouse stuff-monitoring rules. Which had NOTHING to do with where she knew JM was going.

She did this to run-out the clock before the bombshell dropped. That's how I knew she was trying to evade and cover-up something really big. Way too much 'splaining, Lucy.
My hubby's jaw dropped when he heard about that magazine. He was stunned someone would be that stupid.

iirc at this point she also added that the policy has since changed. I wonder why?

Agree!
I'm curious if anyone else sees anything significant in that she "chose" the marital ring finger to have this devastating injury? I personally do not believe it was ever broken/injured to the extent she plays but for some reason the fact that it is the finger one wears their wedding band on seems significant to me regarding her psychology.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

:nono: She didn't plan on cutting a particular finger when stabbing Travis to death. Pure coincidence. IMO! :gavel:

I honestly don't think she's smart at all. In any case a pure heart is required to use the intellect for good.

I agree. It seems to be politically correct prevails at times and we must preface comments about Jodi by saying "she is very bright" etc

No, no she is not. I don't think there is anything wrong with stating the truth, or the obvious. She is almost illiterate in my opinion, after reviewing her writings. In addition, her use of "big" words which I am all too aware of why she does this (what is behind her odd vocabulary) This does not mean she is bright, or intelligent. She got her GED in prison after being arrested. This does not mean a person is not smart and that is not what I base it on.

The sum total of her behavior, what she writes and how she speaks is how I came to my own conclusion that is actually not an intelligent person. (neither book smart or street smart)

And this is not mean, this is my opinion of her.

I'm watching the cross again. When JM talks about her peeping and watching Travis and the girl he's with, JM says ' so you decided to confront him, right?' and she says ' OF COURSE' as though it were her right and obligation to do so. She is freaking nuts!

Yes! My God. The "of course" was unbelievable.

She wants to come across as if she was confident & powerful but really... she was a pathetic, insecure loser.

she really is an anomaly. i think like someone else has said her psycho behavior peaked and will only get worse with age. i can imagine her hissing when she went after TA in that shower, like a psycho on the lifetime movie channel. the look on his face i can imagine he was thinking you won't get away with it, maybe said it aloud.

Why is Ann Campbell vital to Jodi's case that required her to give interviews to attorneys?

I agree. It seems to be politically correct prevails at times and we must preface comments about Jodi by saying "she is very bright" etc

No, no she is not. I don't think there is anything wrong with stating the truth, or the obvious. She is almost illiterate in my opinion, after reviewing her writings. In addition, her use of "big" words which I am all too aware of why she does this (what is behind her odd vocabulary) This does not mean she is bright, or intelligent. She got her GED in prison after being arrested. This does not mean a person is not smart and that is not what I base it on.

The sum total of her behavior, what she writes and how she speaks is how I came to my own conclusion that is actually not an intelligent person. (neither book smart or street smart)

And this is not mean, this is my opinion of her.

Agreed. It's like she's heard people using big words and picked them up like a parrot. She repeats back what she's heard and not always using the words correctly because she doesn't know the correct usage or the definition. It makes the English major in me cringe.

As a former waitress she should known better, it would be like using a glass to scoop up ice for the drink you are about to serve. It's a no,no. Surprised jodi would have outed her stupidity to that.

Her excuse was as a waitress she wasn't afraid of glass. And so it goes....

Agree. I'm thinking we will hear Juan go through the whole crime from the time she arrived until she left. Every thing she did, step-by-step, including the stabbings that she can't remember. What she refused to tell the court with the stabbing sequence, he will do it and it will do one of two things. It will make her very mad or she sit there stoned faced showing her true colors of no emotion. jmo

And asking her, he was fine after you shot him right? That's what you told us...he continued to attack.... How do you know he wasn't crawling around on four knees screaming ( but not like a girl) and holding his head begging for his life? That's what you told us before...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is Ann Campbell vital to Jodi's case that required her to give interviews to attorneys?

That is the person that Jodi was attempting to give the magazines with the secret message to. She was trying to get the magazines to her ex-boyfriend Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234