"I don't think my daughter's... my granddaughter's birth is plotting this murder"

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm rereading a few posts here and this is another funny one (not the post, the claim within). You mean to tell me, that if someone graduates by going to summer school or something that the school does not issue a bonafide transcript/diploma? Hogwash.

Is that CA's handwriting on the document? lin - of all people - don't go soft on us now - ha! :crazy: :)

Soft in the head, yeah, been accused of that a lot; including by myself. Soft on the A's? Not since August 2008, at least. I guess I'm kind of like a reformed smoker that can't abide anyone else smoking around them because I used to defend the A's to the bitter end with all and sundry, including my own family members!

I hate to 2nd guess LE and generally rely on whatever they determine in this case. On this one thing though, whether or not KC graduated, I have to wonder if there wasn't a mistake in the school paperwork or a misunderstanding by the officer of what the document represented, or a misunderstanding by me of what the officer meant by the handwritten note. I would think GA and CA would be shouting from the rooftops that she graduated as part of her character defense rather than both of them, in separate interviews with LE, saying she was 1/2 credit short of graduating and indicating she never finished. I hate to bet against LE but if I had to bet, I'd bet on she didn't finish high school. Like you, I think there would be a clearer record than what has been released.

Not that GA or CA's word on anything means anything to me but this is sort of against self-interest to admit she didn't graduate. I'm one of those that believe CA is all about CA and her defense of KC is more like defending herself as a parent. I think the fantasy life started with CA and KC is an apple that was still semi-attached to that tree.

I'm not sure how important it is whether she did or didn't graduate but I'd guess it kind of shows something about her priorities and character.

These people are such outrageously horrible liars I cannot/won't believe that they will get away with it in the end. The only reason they haven't been charged so far, is that their testimony is worth more...Without a charge, they cannot plead the fifth! Ar ar ar. The joke will be on them!

MOO

I've been following this case a long time, just like all of you. Today, I watched some videos of Caylee and the family life she had in the Anthony home.

(Respectfully snipped)

I do feel compassion for Cindy, but wish she wouldn't have looked the other way sometimes when it really mattered.

What a thoughtful and thought-provoking post. Thanks, Curious Me.

I'd like to feel compassion for these people and if all I knew about them was that video, I'd be heartbroken for them. There is just too much, way too much, to prove to my satisfaction the lie of that video. But I do agree with you very much that it's too easy to forget things like this and remain focused on all the negatives we've seen/heard/read. It's important to view the entire picture, not just what's most prevalent. Thanks again.

The same is true for the Unibomber's brother and Mark Hackings family. They did the right thing-which isn't always the easy thing to do! I think Cindy and crew almost had a "don't ask-don't tell" unwritten rule. Cindy didn't ask many questions because, IMO, she was afraid of the truth. She knew she probably wouldn't get the truth-so why ask!
Problem is-the welfare of an innocent child was at stake! I'll give Cindy the benefit of the doubt about not knowing the depth of KC's hatred for her. But, Cindy did realize her daughter was a sociopath and said so. Therefore her radar should have been fine tuned to signs of deceptions and she should have verified as much as she could concerning KC and her parenting. As a nurse and a grandmother she had a responsibility regarding Caylee's welfare that went far beyond buying toys!!
My question to Cindy is...

whycanyoubelievetheliebutnotthetrut.png

Exactly.gif

We all know she was worried in June/July; frantic even; sending Lee out to search for them, etc. Her modus operandi was to cover at all costs even then, which is why she didn't call in the authorities sooner. Like you, I wonder where this concern was before June 2008; why she didn't pay more attention to where Caylee was when not with her gp's. She knew, had to know, KC had no job, so why a sitter? Even GA knew there was no job and he wasn't the one holding the purse strings. As surely as 1+1=2, things were adding up to CA prior to June, to the degree she sought help from a therapist. It's a shame she didn't do more than that.

Or, CA's guilty of something too.
There is something wrong here; and it's stink'n to high heaven!

I realize a case can be made but personally I believe if CA had been involved from the beginning things would have been handled much more efficiently and there would have been no call to 911. There would have been no tow truck, etc. That car would have been cleaned, burned, or dropped in a lake with or without a stolen vehicle report.

These people are such outrageously horrible liars I cannot/won't believe that they will get away with it in the end. The only reason they haven't been charged so far, is that their testimony is worth more...Without a charge, they cannot plead the fifth! Ar ar ar. The joke will be on them!

MOO

From your keyboard to God's monitor... I certainly hope you are right but unfortunately it seems lying isn't a big deal to legal system. They're kind of used to it. My only hope is that because this is such a high profile case they may feel compelled to file charges or risk others that would have otherwise cooperated following the A's example; expecting there wouldn't be repercussions, if the A's suffer none.

I realize a case can be made but personally I believe if CA had been involved from the beginning things would have been handled much more efficiently and there would have been no call to 911. There would have been no tow truck, etc. That car would have been cleaned, burned, or dropped in a lake with or without a stolen vehicle report.

Not me. I think CA trusted KC a bit too much for the last time.

I didn't always think that; I arrived at this conclusion.

As for compassion, my heart is full of it, but I'm sick of being taken advantage of. Did you ever hear the story of that guy I forgave . . . . .

I have wondered if CA made that statement after she became aware of Kio's statement to LE.She told them KC never wanted Caylee,but CA wouldn't let her do anything,including placing Caylee for adoption.

regarding that, the weird thing is, it wasn't actually Casey looking to give Caylee up, what KMTC said in her statement is that when Casey found out she was pregnant and was worried, she, KMTC, had wanted to adopt Caylee and asked Casey if she could. Casey said thanks for offering but didn't take her up on it. When KMTC approached Casey again asking about adopting the baby, Casey said no but thank you for offering, wow it's so nice of you to want to help me, but I've talked to my Mom and I'm going to keep my baby. This was widely misquoted in the media as Casey having wanted to give the baby up. Actually, it was KMTC wanting to adopt the baby (which is pretty odd considering that KMTC was just a teenager herself), not the other way around.

I think KC saw her high school friends getting jobs, planning for college and the future, maintaining romantic relationships and wondered to herself, "How do you do that?" I would even think that becoming pregnant was more of a way for her to continue in the "child" role. She probably had an idea that CA would take over the responsibility for her and that KC would have an excuse to continue living at home and not becoming a responsible adult.

I don't believe that growing up in the A household provided KC the tools with which to mature into a contributing member of society.

I agree, not to blame Casey's parents, but it doesn't appear that practical thought was given to how they could help Casey to pursue an education, move out, arrange daycare, etc. It appears (maybe not, but just based on the information we have) that Casey was in a bit of a catch22 which can happen to a young parent of a baby, she was the one who had to watch Caylee during the day, her mother was working. It's hard for a young person to know, how do I get a job without anyone to watch Caylee in the daytime, how do i arrange moving out, getting the start up money for all this, finding a job that will cover daycare and benefits, etc, arrange the daycare, etc. Not to mention tha she probably did also wish she could pursue some kind of education or career path. It's not an easy transition to make. I think like most teenagers would be, she was just relieved when her mom came home in the evening and she could get out of the house to go see friends. Apparently her parents did try to let her have a normal social life, yet they also chafed somewhat about her being out late, having to babysit, frequently called her while she was out, etc. Maybe without realizing it they were trying to keep her somewhat in a child role because she was in the position of still having to live in their home for financial reasons. I think they probably hadn't put enough thought into the practical steps necessary to help her really transition to an adult, working life with more independence. When her story and fantasy about having returned to a job at Universal set in later after Caylee's birth....how could they believe that when they knew she had Caylee to watch during the days, how did they think she had accomplished that, why didn't they ask about the actual arrangements, etc. I think there was wishful thinking on their part that she had somehow sorted all these things out on her own, but she really didn't have the tools or preparation to do it. MOO (And not that these kind of difficulties couldn't happen in many families, the transition from dependent child to independent adult is hard enough anyway even without a baby in tow.)

regarding that, the weird thing is, it wasn't actually Casey looking to give Caylee up, what KMTC said in her statement is that when Casey found out she was pregnant and was worried, she, KMTC, had wanted to adopt Caylee and asked Casey if she could. Casey said thanks for offering but didn't take her up on it. When KMTC approached Casey again asking about adopting the baby, Casey said no but thank you for offering, wow it's so nice of you to want to help me, but I've talked to my Mom and I'm going to keep my baby. This was widely misquoted in the media as Casey having wanted to give the baby up. Actually, it was KMTC wanting to adopt the baby (which is pretty odd considering that KMTC was just a teenager herself), not the other way around.

(Red font added by me to highlight recollection difference)

That's not how I read the transcript, here.

Perhaps you're mixing up KMTC's version of events with someone else's? Cos my understanding of what was alleged by KMTC is almost completely opposite your recollection. I read it as KMTC alleging that KC brought up the subject of adoption as in KC wanted to give the baby up and upon hearing that, KMTC suggested she would adopt the baby since she couldn't have children of her own. They were both out of highschool and according to KMTC, she was employed and had sufficient resources to care for a child at that time. She may have been a teenager at the time but it was at most only months away that she would have been out of her teens.

See page 4 of the pdf; lines 14 - 25

"A ..I’d been told about the doctor, the doctor told us years ago I
gone to go get an exam and the doctor said unfortunately because of my condition. That I was suppose to not have children. So, when Casey found out she was pregnant I asked her what are you gonna do about it? And she’s like, well I really want to give it up for adoption. And so I figure you know it’s a good idea ‘cause I can’t have kids and I know Casey’s a cute girl and you know it’s a baby you know and it’s perfect and I had money at the time and I was doing pretty good. So, I said if you are going to give it up for adoption then you know I’m strongly considering adopting the baby from you. She said that’s a good idea. But then she called me back saying that her mom pretty much has told her that no she needs to keep the baby and that she’s not giving it up for adoption. Even though she really did not want to have the baby."

ETA: Additional emphasis

I agree, not to blame Casey's parents, but it doesn't appear that practical thought was given to how they could help Casey to pursue an education, move out, arrange daycare, etc. It appears (maybe not, but just based on the information we have) that Casey was in a bit of a catch22 which can happen to a young parent of a baby, she was the one who had to watch Caylee during the day, her mother was working. It's hard for a young person to know, how do I get a job without anyone to watch Caylee in the daytime, how do i arrange moving out, getting the start up money for all this, finding a job that will cover daycare and benefits, etc, arrange the daycare, etc. Not to mention tha she probably did also wish she could pursue some kind of education or career path. It's not an easy transition to make. I think like most teenagers would be, she was just relieved when her mom came home in the evening and she could sometimes get out of the house to go see friends. Which her parents did try to let her do apparently during her teenage years so that she could have a somewhat normal social life, though they chafed about babysitting also. But I don't think they had put enough thought into the practical steps necessary to help her really transition to an adult, working life with more independence. She did work until the birth, left due to having the baby, then later her story and fantasy about still having a job set in....how could they believe that when they knew she had Caylee to watch. I think there was wishful thinking on their part that she had sorted these things out on her own, but she really didn't have the tools or preparation to do it. MOO

I'm no Anthony apologist but I think you're placing too much responsibility on the parents/grandparents. Seems like they were babysitting quite a bit thinking that KC was working and would have likely done the same if they thought she was in school. I haven't seen anything to indicate they chafed at helping with babysitting for necessary things, like work. What seemed to cause problems, from my recollection, was KC lying to them about being at work and then they discovered she had been partying. In the recently released transcript, CA even mentions she'd have preferred to have her children live at home forever, and I haven't seen anything to indicate to me that she was pushing anyone out of the nest, until KC's lying and stealing became too much for her to deal with on a daily basis.

Sorry I can't be more specific where in the transcript she made the statements about wanting all of her children to stay home forever but here is the link to the pdf's of her transcript. When I have more time, I'll try to find the specific excerpt, if no one else recalls it.

I agree, not to blame Casey's parents, but it doesn't appear that practical thought was given to how they could help Casey to pursue an education, move out, arrange daycare, etc. It appears (maybe not, but just based on the information we have) that Casey was in a bit of a catch22 which can happen to a young parent of a baby, she was the one who had to watch Caylee during the day, her mother was working. It's hard for a young person to know, how do I get a job without anyone to watch Caylee in the daytime, how do i arrange moving out, getting the start up money for all this, finding a job that will cover daycare and benefits, etc, arrange the daycare, etc. Not to mention tha she probably did also wish she could pursue some kind of education or career path. It's not an easy transition to make. I think like most teenagers would be, she was just relieved when her mom came home in the evening and she could get out of the house to go see friends. Apparently her parents did try to let her have a normal social life, yet they also chafed somewhat about her being out late, having to babysit, frequently called her while she was out, etc. Maybe without realizing it they were trying to keep her somewhat in a child role because she was in the position of still having to live in their home for financial reasons. I think they probably hadn't put enough thought into the practical steps necessary to help her really transition to an adult, working life with more independence. When her story and fantasy about having returned to a job at Universal set in later after Caylee's birth....how could they believe that when they knew she had Caylee to watch during the days, how did they think she had accomplished that, why didn't they ask about the actual arrangements, etc. I think there was wishful thinking on their part that she had somehow sorted all these things out on her own, but she really didn't have the tools or preparation to do it. MOO (And not that these kind of difficulties couldn't happen in many families, the transition from dependent child to independent adult is hard enough anyway even without a baby in tow.)

True, true and so true. If we could write the perfect script, no child would be born of parents who cannot afford to raise him/her. Since this is impossible, even though some people choose to at least try to follow the ideal script, why lie about it? That is the problem I have with the whole thing - not that a pregnancy happened, a child was born, etc. But now they act like everything was "normal" and there were no struggles involved. It's pretty bad/deceitful when you enlist a friend to watch your infant for free so you can go to work only to find out the mother is out partaying. CA knew that happened. It's all a charade. By the way, KC had access to some pretty nice young friends - to be willing to do that for her. I would never think to ask that of anybody, shy of an emergency, on an ongoing basis. Someone else should take care of MY kid for free for no good reason? WTH?
So, yes, KC was capable of using people. Her parents saw her do it and supported her still.

One small correction, although I agree with what your point was in your post. I think the premise of it flawed though.

Casey did have sitters for Caylee, yet she never did return to work, or hold any job that we know of since Caylee was born.

She had Holly, Lauren, Cindy and George, and the Grunds all watching Caylee for her while she "worked."

I'm no Anthony apologist but I think you're placing too much responsibility on the parents/grandparents. Seems like they were babysitting quite a bit thinking that KC was working and would have likely done the same if they thought she was in school. I haven't seen anything to indicate they chafed at helping with babysitting for necessary things, like work. What seemed to cause problems, from my recollection, was KC lying to them about being at work and then they discovered she had been partying. In the recently released transcript, CA even mentions she'd have preferred to have her children live at home forever, and I haven't seen anything to indicate to me that she was pushing anyone out of the nest, until KC's lying and stealing became too much for her to deal with on a daily basis.

Sorry I can't be more specific where in the transcript she made the statements about wanting all of her children to stay home forever but here is the link to the pdf's of her transcript. When I have more time, I'll try to find the specific excerpt, if no one else recalls it.

Bolded by me - imo, how not to raise a child! Explains everything if you ask me. Never grow up, never come into your own, depend on me and then I'll feel burdened when you do. I know there's a psych term for this but sometimes you get what you want (or not, as in child spends life in jail because wasn't equipped for life.)

I'll share this in case it helps someone else and to remind myself for the sake of my own child. My Dad, who is not a harsh person or a rough and tough type guy, was generous to me. If I wanted a new pair of shoes but didn't really need them he'd more than likely hand me $20.00 (long time ago folks). When it came time for me to have a car I had to earn half the money and he took me to buy it from a used car lot - '69 Firebird Sport color green. I put gas in it with the money I earned at the same parttime job I had which was how I saved half for the car. When it came time for me to move out of the house, my Dad said, this is not a revolving door. He did not say it mean. He just meant that I should think about my decision because once you decide to do this you'll have additional responsibilities so be sure you're ready to meet them. I believed him and it helped me to figure out some of my own problems - like I couldn't just quit my job because I didn't like it, etc. It's okay to have reasonable expectations for our children. If I would have gotten pregnant when I was young, I would have felt I had placed an unfair burden on my parents. Now, looking back, I know they would have stood by me but it served me well to be a little bit afraid of the consequences of my actions at the time. I just can't understand the anything goes mentality of our world today - it affects everybody.

Bolded by me - imo, how not to raise a child! Explains everything if you ask me. Never grow up, never come into your own, depend on me and then I'll feel burdened when you do. I know there's a psych term for this but sometimes you get what you want (or not, as in child spends life in jail because wasn't equipped for life.)

I'll share this in case it helps someone else and to remind myself for the sake of my own child. My Dad, who is not a harsh person or a rough and tough type guy, was generous to me. If I wanted a new pair of shoes but didn't really need them he'd more than likely hand me $20.00 (long time ago folks). When it came time for me to have a car I had to earn half the money and he took me to buy it from a used car lot - '69 Firebird Sport color green. I put gas in it with the money I earned at the same parttime job I had which was how I saved half for the car. When it came time for me to move out of the house, my Dad said, this is not a revolving door. He did not say it mean. He just meant that I should think about my decision because once you decide to do this you'll have additional responsibilities so be sure you're ready to meet them. I believed him and it helped me to figure out some of my own problems - like I couldn't just quit my job because I didn't like it, etc. It's okay to have reasonable expectations for our children. If I would have gotten pregnant when I was young, I would have felt I had placed an unfair burden on my parents. Now, looking back, I know they would have stood by me but it served me well to be a little bit afraid of the consequences of my actions at the time. I just can't understand the anything goes mentality of our world today - it affects everybody.

Yes, I think that's why it stuck in my mind; it just didn't seem "right" to me. Maybe that was because of the circumstances but somehow it just seemed like unwillingness to let go to me.

I found the part of the transcript here on page 190 of the pdf; discovery page 7706; lines 17-25; and continued briefly on the following page.

capg190moveout-1.jpg

Great story to explain the situation. Your dad sounds like he really knew what he was doing. We have a saying at our house, anything you do for your child that they can do for themselves is doing them a disservice. There is a sense of entitlement in today's generation. I feel tough love is better than no love. Wanting your kids home and actually enabling it to happen are two different things. I also noticed that CA only talked about wanting her kids home all the time AFTER Caylee went missing. From what I recall CA and GA wanted the house to themselves and were looking forward to KC getting on with her life outside their home. Maybe I should be posting this on the CA inconsistencies thread!

Yes, I think that's why it stuck in my mind; it just didn't seem "right" to me. Maybe that was because of the circumstances but somehow it just seemed like unwillingness to let go to me.

I found the part of the transcript here on page 190 of the pdf; discovery page 7706; lines 17-25; and continued briefly on the following page.

capg190moveout-1.jpg

Thanks for posting it. Strange that she has to profess this needy wish of her own to "keep them there until Caylee is 18 years old." In nature birds care for their little ones and teach them how to fly, then give them a nudge right out of the nest. Making Casey more dependent on her wasn't good for their relationship either. It doesn't seem healthy clinging to her family, not wanting things to change for her own reasons.

Great story to explain the situation. Your dad sounds like he really knew what he was doing. We have a saying at our house, anything you do for your child that they can do for themselves is doing them a disservice. There is a sense of entitlement in today's generation. I feel tough love is better than no love. Wanting your kids home and actually enabling it to happen are two different things. I also noticed that CA only talked about wanting her kids home all the time AFTER Caylee went missing. From what I recall CA and GA wanted the house to themselves and were looking forward to KC getting on with her life outside their home. Maybe I should be posting this on the CA inconsistencies thread!
BBM.

I guess I can't blame Cindy for all of Casey's problems, but there is certainly some blame to be accepted. Casey didn't get to the point of no employment, mooching off of anyone that would allow it over night. Even in the jail video Cindy says to Casey "you don't have to work" when you get out of jail...WTH ? She's 23 years old with no physical limitations and her own mother is willing to give her a free pass after all that she knows about her history ? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where Casey's sense of entitlement came from. I think Cindy's comment to the FBI about wanting her "kids" at home was pure BS...she was trying to portray a loving and close knit family while furthering her own image of the perfect mother...hogwash. You don't humiliate your daughter (especially in front of boyfriends) and retain the perfect mother award, IMO.

Uh oh...this is OT...sorry bout that.

Cindy even though she is an independent woman who took care of herself and her famiy she is also a complete control freak and the only people she could control were her family she wasn't letting them go....Then who would she control.....and she accomplished this in a way by making her family dependent on her giving them a somewhat easy life she did all the work they reap the benefits but the hard part I can image would be living with the the drama mamma Cindy...and this is what KC rebelled against was the control drama of her mother but she was to lazy or stupid to leave with Caylee if she tried she coud have made it on her own with Caylee. another thing IMO she wasn't properly attached to Caylee she didn't bond with her which i blame Cindy .....Cindy used Caylee as a weapon against KC in the war of control Cindy's kind of love is very damaging to a child.....I bet ya Cindy loved it that Caylee called her mom one upping KC at evey turn...No means is this an excuse for KC she needs to be punished for what she did ....just insight into her mind (imo)

Thats my parents same thing they expected me to get a job to make my own cash babysitting cutting grass when i turned 16 I started working on saturdays and sundays at a supermarket and I had to give them half to buy a car. I got the revolving door speech too and I never went back but I know they would have taken me back in a heartbeat if I needed them. My parents were strict I hated it at the time but now appreciate the way I was raised .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc