Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LE has more details on the various relationships,length of friendships etc...seems doubtful they would implicate the victim so strongly in affidavit unless they werw fairly certain of her level of involvement, but jmo.

We don't know if this was the first time she did this, with Source 1, the killer or with someone else. This (likely imo) could have been going on for a while. Maybe she was especially skilled at making dabs? Maybe she was so "good" that no one would ever suspect her, making her the perfect person to go undetected.

There are a lot of relationships we don't know yet.
KC to killer
KC to killers girlfriend
KC to source 1
Killer to source 1
Location of source 1's home where killer previously lived.
Where killer lived prior to staying with source 1.
What schools the three main players attended
Does using source 1 in the affidavit imply there is a source 2, 3, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can help a little with the school questions.

Kaytlynn had finished her last school year at Central Junior High School in Bedford. She would have started high school this fall at either Trinity High School in Euless or L. D. Bell High School in Hurst. I am presuming maybe she would have gone to Trinity since she had taken some summer classes there. The cities of Hurst, Euless & Bedford are all in one school district, HEB ISD. In some areas the city limits of each town resemble a zipper. Often, you never know what city you are in unless you happen to see a sign. I'm not sure what is used to make a determination as to what high school a kid would attend.

The suspect was enrolled in O. D. Wyatt High School located in South Fort Worth. That is where he was arrested.

I have no idea what school Source 1 attended.

But the affidavit states that it was KC's blood.
https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3985857/PC36785.pdf
I think Source1 isn't being fully truthful and is just telling a story that he thinks probably makes him not look as bad as the real truth would do.
In the U.K. You can get £300 worth of weed on trust easily if you smoke it all or don't pay it back the dealers not going to kill he's just going to work out a payment plan with you and if you don't pay it back you might get a beating but murder no way not for weed the perp obviously has a nasty temper and was always going to be a murderer one day.

You are missing my point. When they found blood back in June, they didn't arrest the suspect right away because at that time they didn't have the forensic tests done on the blood.

We don't know if the suspect's parents are even in the picture. So far as I know, there has been no mention of them. Perhaps the suspect just drifted around from family (uncle) or friends.

From his earlier FB pictures, it appears that he was in a tight family unit. But who knows if they were his immediate family...?

Kaytlynn had finished her last school year at Central Junior High School in Bedford. She would have started high school this fall at either Trinity High School in Euless or L. D. Bell High School in Hurst. I am presuming maybe she would have gone to Trinity since she had taken some summer classes there. The cities of Hurst, Euless & Bedford are all in one school district, HEB ISD. In some areas the city limits of each town resemble a zipper. Often, you never know what city you are in unless you happen to see a sign. I'm not sure what is used to make a determination as to what high school a kid would attend.

The suspect was enrolled in O. D. Wyatt High School located in South Fort Worth. That is where he was arrested.

BBM

Are you certain that she was to start high school this fall? Other reports say that she had just finished 7th grade, for example:

"Thursday night, more than 100 friends and classmates gathered at Central Junior High, where she was a seventh grader..."
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/kayt...olice-update-mystery-death-landfill/451611641

Maybe it's not crucial information for the case, but I just wonder which info is correct?

This is an awesome post. I agree a million percent that taking Kaytlynns actions out of the equation to preserve some kind of image of her for her loved ones is a dangerous action. Kids ARE more worldly today and WE have to catch up to them or we can never help.

Funny story (or not):
my 17 year old son came home after an afternoon trip to the mall recently. I wanted a kiss so I joked "come here lemme smell your breath". He kissed me (love this kid to death) still joking (swear) I said "hey what's that smell?" Too his utter shock and my horror he admitted to smoking pot (I SMELLED NOTHING, I WAS JOKING).

Well joke was on me, but now I know. He was punished (with his honesty taken into account) and I have a heightened awareness. I would have Bible stack sworn NOT MY SON. Anyway. Kaytlynn was just a girl, in 2017, maybe doing what some girls in 2017 do. Period.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

17 year old boy trying pot = not uncommon. 14 year old softball player involved in dealing and complex manufacturing of a potent form of a drug? A hole 'nother level.

Not saying source 1 is involved at all BUT if he was would we know about his/her arrest? I would imagine the neighbourhood knows who source 1 is. That could be dangerous for them if the accused had angry family or friends?
I'm not saying any of the above has happened just wondering.....

17 year old boy trying pot = not uncommon. 14 year old softball player involved in dealing and complex manufacturing of a potent form of a drug? A hole 'nother level.
Agree, agree agree.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BBM

Are you certain that she was to start high school this fall? Other reports say that she had just finished 7th grade, for example:

"Thursday night, more than 100 friends and classmates gathered at Central Junior High, where she was a seventh grader..."
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/kayt...olice-update-mystery-death-landfill/451611641

Maybe it's not crucial information for the case, but I just wonder which info is correct?

Sorry, I'm not sure of anything in this case. I THOUGHT I read somewhere that she was going to high school. Perhaps I am wrong. I have read so much about this case here & elsewhere my brain may be fogged. I'll try to do some more research & come back here. I would be willing to bet that the news station knows more than I do.

Sorry, I'm not sure of anything in this case. I THOUGHT I read somewhere that she was going to high school. Perhaps I am wrong. I have read so much about this case here & elsewhere my brain may be fogged. I'll try to do some more research & come back here. I would be willing to bet that the news station knows more than I do.

News stations and reporters get things wrong sometimes too. I've seen misspellings or misstatements propagated over a wide number of reports when a bunch of them just copy the original misinformation.

I think LE has more details on the various relationships,length of friendships etc...seems doubtful they would implicate the victim so strongly in affidavit unless they werw fairly certain of her level of involvement, but jmo.

Yeah I agree. It would seem pretty horrible to do to the family if it wasn't true. But it all came form source 1, right? Or were there text messages referred to by the investigators?

According to her obituary she was in Junior High (doesn't say which grade): http://www.lucasfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/Kaytlynn-Cargill/#!/Obituary

News stations and reporters get things wrong sometimes too. I've seen misspellings or misstatements propagated over a wide number of reports when a bunch of them just copy the original misinformation.

I went to the Central Junior High website & it says grades 6 thru 8. However age 14 seems to me to be a bit old to be in anything other than high school. I may have also assumed high school because apparently she had attended high school classes this summer at Trinity High School. Of course, she could have just been attending accelerated classes. I think I will just call Central Junior High School tomorrow & ask to confirm what grades they serve. I also need to confirm the date of her birth. If she were a September through December baby she would be a year behind others in her age group.

Yeah I agree. It would seem pretty horrible to do to the family if it wasn't true. But it all came form source 1, right? Or were there text messages referred to by the investigators?

I think there were text messages referred to in the affidavit.

I can't attest what grade she would have been starting but can tell you that Central Dr. Is the dividing line for L.D. Bell and Trinity high school boundaries (that being said-that apartment complex is on the LD Bell side of the boundary). Summer school classes for the entire HEB school district are held at one school in the district for all jr high and high school students so that only one school has to use electricity and resources (this knowledge from having a child who attended summer school in the district a couple summers ago). At the time it did enter my mind that 7th graders were being schooled with 12th graders during summer school (different classes of course-just same building). Junior highs in the district are 7th-8th-9th (there are 5). Both of the high schools are 10th-12th.

But the affidavit states that it was KC's blood.
https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3985857/PC36785.pdf
I think Source1 isn't being fully truthful and is just telling a story that he thinks probably makes him not look as bad as the real truth would do.
In the U.K. You can get £300 worth of weed on trust easily if you smoke it all or don't pay it back the dealers not going to kill he's just going to work out a payment plan with you and if you don't pay it back you might get a beating but murder no way not for weed the perp obviously has a nasty temper and was always going to be a murderer one day.

Link to the affidavit.

I don't have the same reaction to others as to the sophistication of this. I didn't read talk to Kaytlynn using dabs. There are people who make money off drugs but don't use them. I am picturing her somehow getting involved with shady characters.

There aren't too many ways for 13-14 y/o to make money legally and she might not have been able to get as much as she wanted from her parents.

She and her other friend meet the suspect. Somehow they find out about dabs and how they can make them and think that it's easy money. Why not. This actually seems much safer and less risky than her being a dealer. She can take the product home, convert it to dabs, and turn it around for a quick profit.

She doesn't have to make transactions where customers could get busted and turn on her or turn out to be narcs. She doesn't have to put up money up front. She doesn't have to keep it around or arouse suspicion. She doesn't have to do a bunch of exchanges for money.

She's smart. This seems like Breaking Bad to me. Kids her age are able to cook like gourmet chefs because of You Tube and websites. Making these doesn't seem more complicated.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

How about calling a spade a spade?

At 14, I was cutting wood in summers, finding parking places for cars and selling water in stadiums during weekends.

I was not selling drugs or doing other undesirables for quick money. Because we were raised to know you gotta earn your money and we were installed with highly accurate moral-compasses.

What else will these people will do for "Quick'" money later on?

I can't attest what grade she would have been starting but can tell you that Central Dr. Is the dividing line for L.D. Bell and Trinity high school boundaries (that being said-that apartment complex is on the LD Bell side of the boundary). Summer school classes for the entire HEB school district are held at one school in the district for all jr high and high school students so that only one school has to use electricity and resources (this knowledge from having a child who attended summer school in the district a couple summers ago). At the time it did enter my mind that 7th graders were being schooled with 12th graders during summer school (different classes of course-just same building). Junior highs in the district are 7th-8th-9th (there are 5). Both of the high schools are 10th-12th.

Thanks for this first hand information! Obviously I was wrong. She would NOT have been entering high school. Since I don't have children or grandchildren I have not had any experience with the school system up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine