DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His lies are the reason I think it is possible.
Why tell LE that your boss only told you on THURSDAY. that you should pick up the money...when your phone can show you are a liar? If we read the charging DOC we can see the story he told BEFORE they asked for the phone.
Uh-oh. Then he was nailed. if he had thought about the phone, his story would have matched up with the phone.

Did he think LE was cool w~ 12 hr margin of error about contact, not concerned about exact time? (I forgot # of hrs of his discrepancy)

During interview w LE asking 'when did SS contact you,' if JW had thought to self --
~ hmm, when was that, oh, yeah, let me check my phone, ok, & told LE it was XX:xx time.
JM2cts, could be wrong.

Well, not saying they don't have SS's phone. They may have
But they would know about a flurry of calls after interviewing his coworkers and know his last phone call by looking at JW's phone JMO

Damn, no, they would not know it was his last call without phone or records
Only that it was the last call he made to JW

Actually we don't know the time of the killings and JW left Lowe's at noon, so he would have enough time to get back to the house with the fire being called in at 1:15 PM.

I'd like to know what he purchased at Lowe's. He's placed himself in three different jurisdictions during the time frame of the crime. At a minimum, I think he will be charged with lying to investigators.

JMO

Imo we know that they have more in common than not.

They lived in the same neighborhood
Both worked at AIW

JW has one recorded record in MD. Driving a BMW with no front or back tags 10/14

They worked for AIW a decade apart.

Their fathers lived in the same neighborhood. And I have lived in small complexes, and never knew anyone except the 3 other occupants that shared my alcove. Even then, I only knew them in passing, when I was out with my dogs or coming to/from the car. I wouldn't even borrow a cup of sugar from one of them...I would just head to the store.

That makes them "more in common than not"??? I hope no one in my neighborhood kills someone. I would hate to be a suspect because I had a conversation when I was out walking my dogs!

And that doesn't scream common criminal to me. In fact, it doesn't say criminal at all. That AFAIK is not a "criminal" offense. It is a moving violation. Someone with gang ties, with a long rap sheet, is IMO not running in the same circles as someone who has been racing most of his life.

But thanks for that information.

I think SI means, if they are both in the bank, why wouldn't the employee just hand the money to W1, rather than put 4 bundles in his pockets, carry the bundles (where?) then place the bundles in the bag, especially if W1 has a manila envelope on hand just for the cash? It's not the bank's business who walks out with the cash, just who they hand the cash to.

Yes, there's no reason going from hands to pockets to bag to envelope if JW had the envelope in his car as that is a whole lot of needless money handling. If JW knew the envelope was needed for his critical appointment at the bank, why would he leave it in the car...especially if he was told to buy a manila envelope expressly for this (I don't know why he'd have a manila envelope just sitting in his personal car if that was used or that SS would keep a messy car). All he had to do is give the AIW employee the envelope and have that envelope handed back to him without all this other drama of moving money all over the place.

Their fathers lived in the same neighborhood. And I have lived in small complexes, and never knew anyone except the 3 other occupants that shared my alcove. Even then, I only knew them in passing, when I was out with my dogs or coming to/from the car. I wouldn't even borrow a cup of sugar from one of them...I would just head to the store.

That makes them "more in common than not"??? I hope no one in my neighborhood kills someone. I would hate to be a suspect because I had a conversation when I was out walking my dogs!

And that doesn't scream common criminal to me. In fact, it doesn't say criminal at all. That AFAIK is not a "criminal" offense. It is a moving violation. Someone with gang ties, with a long rap sheet, is IMO not running in the same circles as someone who has been racing most of his life.

Just stating the facts and you're welcome

Imo we know that they have more in common than not.

They lived in the same neighborhood
Both worked at AIW

JW has one recorded record in MD. Driving a BMW with no front or back tags 10/14

Plus, both are welders and AIW does run a welding school.

Did they take the Mosler? I thought they said 3 cars : white Range Rover, grayish Range Rover & Red Audi. Mosler was in the garage. I know at least 2 of the others were in driveway. Maybe they only took cars that were outside into custody?

I believe they took the Mosler long before they towed the other cars. I have no link for proof of this.

I wonder if there were any calls or text between JW and DW. So far it all seems circumstantial even though somewhat suspicious. I'm not willing to make any big leaps into the abyss yet. Nate does seem to have some inside info which I'm not sure how it was obtained but maybe taken off a web page somewhere. He's put together a good deal on JW's racing career.

I believe they took the Mosler long before they towed the other cars. I have no link for proof of this.

The Mosler was within the contained crime scene. I think they towed only the cars beyond the tape.

I wonder if there were any calls or text between JW and DW. So far it all seems circumstantial even though somewhat suspicious. I'm not willing to make any big leaps into the abyss yet. Nate does seem to have some inside info which I'm not sure how it was obtained but maybe taken off a web page somewhere. He's put together a good deal on JW's racing career.

would you please repost the link? Thanks!

I'm not here to try to convince you personally, jjenny. I disagree with you and think he could be construed as looking black.

In court docs from a September 2014 offense, W1 is described as
WHITE,CAUCASIAN,ASIATIC INDIAN,ARAB
Sex:MHeight:510Weight:160
DOB:03/1987

I believe his mother is caucasian and his father is African American. Race is a cultural construct - pretty meaningless as a descriptor, if you ask me. From his many SM posts, W1 could be described as either/both, depending on the witness' perspective.

Well, if W-1's only connection to this horrific crime were that he was "out walking his dogs and had a conversation"...in his neighborhood, I doubt we'd even be aware of him.

The fact is that several weeks after he started a new job, he delivered money to the home of his boss...while someone from the old neighborhood was INSIDE that house, holding the boss for ransom.

Later, when questioned by police, he told a number of curious lies about that money drop...and was found to be a liar only when police accessed his cell phone.

Subsequently, he was "witness-shamed" in the charging Doc, by having his lies pointed out to the public by LE.

That's more than "walking a dog and having a conversation.?" Let's be fair here.

It's a little more than the fathers living/having lived there. Plus, DW's address on the charging documents is 5408 85th Ave. Right there. So it was his current address. Nobody on WS knows if they knew each other, but it looks quite possible, anyway. Whatever we think that means is up for debate. Obviously. :)

You don't have to prove someone received a ransom payment to prove that a ransom was asked for. If for whatever reason that money never arrived at the house, DW would be just as guilty for felony murder. A ransom not delivered doesn't make anyone less guilty and prosecution doesn't even have to go that far as all they have to do is prove there was a violent home invasion robbery where people got killed and DW took part in that home invasion, which they already have the stolen burned car as proof of that in addition to whatever else may be missing from the house in addition to the arson that also would qualify under felony murder. The prosecution has a boatload of things in their favor as far as proving a crime was a committed where their case against DW doesn't hang upon whether or not an errand boy showed up at their house.
But the charging affidavit states they believe the 40k was delivered to the house.

Come on guys, IMO if JW was in Cahoots with the kidnappers, there is NO WAY he would be so dumb as to text photos of the money to his girl friend. Obviously, since he was the messenger in the money drop, LE was going to check his phone and see what info came in/out of his phone around the time of the murder. If he had any idea what was going on, he would NEVER have texted out a photo of the loot to his girlfriend... because he would have tried to distance himself as much as possible from the crime and would have tried to portray himself in the best light. With that said, the guy seems highly immature and not the sharpest tool in the shed. NOT Discrete. I doubt he would have lasted long at the job. He annoys me to no end and I don't even know him!

I'm not sure we can assume he thought LE would ever be involved. (Who knows what this/these perp(s) were thinking!) If the perp(s) thought the S family had thousands of dollars lying around the house or within easy reach, and the family was released unharmed, the perp(s) may have believed that the S family would want to avoid any publicity re: being robbed. They'd be out a chunk of money, grateful to be alive, blaming a random home invasion by an unknown black man with dreads (taking advantage of some prevailing stereotypes makes it easier to believe for some, and assuming S didn't recognize DW - which I still don't know why he would. No reason for AIW to know he was caught with beer behind a dumpster at the nearby Shell. Machete and bb gun were pled down.) Sorry for the jumbled, run-on sentence.

I agree he was probably not long for that job. In fact, I have thought from early on that W1 would not be risking his job if he already knew it was coming to an end soon anyway. I can't imagine a family like the S family being okay with photos of their belongings posted all over social media. It's an invasion of privacy and generally "icky".

I don't think what the perps ended up with, is necessarily what they went into the crime expecting. In fact, I think whatever "plan" they had did not go as expected. Unless DW went to the house alone, with the sole intention of torturing and killing the S family with the money a nice bonus, I think the "plan" went seriously awry. If they went for money, I think they intended to get much more than $40K. If they went for cars, the Mosler is the most valuable/coveted, but never made it out of the garage, past the Audi blocking it. Between not understanding how difficult it is to raise large sums of cash on short notice, having a disorganized/brutal monster in charge of controlling the household, and people not showing up when/where they're supposed to with everything they're supposed to deliver, very little seemed to turn out the way a mastermind would design his crime.

Seems more like a crime planned by an amateur race-car driver who can't fully differentiate between reality and fantasy, than a career criminal.

I believe you are right. We know how much JW bragged about this new job he got driving the cars for SS family. It was all over his social media. I cannot understand why the SS family did not have an ironclad privacy and confidentiality contract spelling out what could be disclosed as they were such a high profile family. It seems to me that SS had probably met JW through the racing company that had fired him back in January. Possibly when SS was purchasing a new top of the line tricked out go cart for his son.

Also seems to me that the pieces all seem to revolve about the newly formed "racing team". JW and W2 (his girlfriend he met at original racing team), the box truck at the arrest (a rolling garage that would be used for a traveling race team) fresh with newly laundered money orders.

Possibly JW had seen SS "order up" large amounts of cash with a phone call like ordering a pizza before maybe going on a racing trip. And shot off his mouth to others, thus planting seeds to a half baked kidnapping plot where promises were made...nobody's gonna get hurt.

Clearly these fools did not think the plan through or have real knowledge of how banking works. But the train really left the tracks and derailed when the fire didn't get set right. The evidence did not get destroyed. And who woulda thunk of getting my spit off the pizza crust. Plus results from DNA before he even gets to NY.

All you gotta do is live a couple blocks from the VPOTUS and stuff gets done fast.

JMO's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member