MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Panolian lists two assault arrests for Jessica. One was in the August 23, 2013, paper; the another was in the June 10, 2014 issue. To date, to the best of my knowledge there was no further record of either case: no finding, no conviction, nothing. This seems a little odd.

I would think though that there must be some disposition of either case in the public record. Records are sealed only if a person involved is a juvenile. In August 23, 2013, Jessica Chambers was 18.

Since Jessica was charged with the assaults, we can assume that her father's statement (ie. "she was a fighter") is a fair assessment of why she was charged: She was fighting physically with someone -- enough so that the police were involved.

Since both charges involved arrests, I believe that it would be a fair assumption to make that the other party was not related to Jessica. Usually in the case of a domestic dispute, the police charge both parties, or merely warn them, or family members resolve their issues without following through with a court proceeding.

I suppose continued, physical, bad blood between two people could lead to murder. Thus, I would assume that LE has pursued her two assault cases. However it seems a great stretch to lump the two together in a long, drawn out, personal grudge, or vendetta, and then follow through with that animosity six months later into murder.

It would be beneficial to know much more about these cases.

:offtopic:
OK, saggy,dropped or baggie crotch pants . Wow,I gotta meet the marketing guru who convinced people these are 'gotta have' items. Sure comfort is great. But,you can be comfortable in pants so your knees don't get tangled in your crotch when your walking. :rant:
MOO :smile:

STOP! Hammer time.

--rsbm--
champion was just on local radio;

*edit - it is over but this is the show he was on http://www.supertalk.fm/listen/
reward talk - 18k currently, might go up this week (another agency might contribute)
call 662-563-6230 to contribute to reward

he says common sense tells him the lack of talk points to someone not from area and that doesnt have any connection to anyone
interesting.

Thanks so much for that update! So I don't think we can count out the random killer@this point. "No connection to anyone" says alot. Seems all of the SM talk/gossip is not to be relied on.
:thinking:
posted w/a whole lotta :moo:

Sorry, I am a little slow. This article is about inmates in Tennessee. Pretty shocking. Thanks for posting it. Was Champion involved with the TN Department of Corrections? Thanks for helping me.

Not sure if he was involved in TN or not, but MS has huge problems too:

Lawlessness permeates Mississippi prison system

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/.../16742483/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

Article series here:

http://www.clarionledger.com/news/hard-look/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

This is good input...also good input about the joggers being sold at Goody's in Batesville, as well as the address of the car wash! I am thankful for any new legitimate input on Jessica's case. One last thing about the tattoos-I seriously doubt those who are doing tattoos outside of a licensed shop are worried about the legalities, IMO. It's illegal in my area as well, and I know when I that people have 'tattoo parties' every so often, where people will gather at one house, party, and get tattoos.

Providing tattoos for compensation requires licensing with the State under the Mississippi State Department of Health, Office of Licensure, Professional Licensure Division.

Operating without a permit is a misdemeanor under Mississippi Code § 73-61-1 (2013).

STOP! Hammer time.

:offtopic:

:highfive: oh yeah Vedder,one of my 1st fav music video's 'U Can't TouchThis' I just busted out in one of my '80s outstanding dance floor moves! Scared my cat Simba,he's hiding under the chair. :smile:

The Panolian lists two assault arrests for Jessica. One was in the August 23, 2013, paper; the another was in the June 10, 2014 issue. To date, to the best of my knowledge there was no further record of either case: no finding, no conviction, nothing. This seems a little odd.

I would think though that there must be some disposition of either case in the public record. Records are sealed only if a person involved is a juvenile. In August 23, 2013, Jessica Chambers was 18.

Since Jessica was charged with the assaults, we can assume that her father's statement (ie. "she was a fighter") is a fair assessment of why she was charged: She was fighting physically with someone -- enough so that the police were involved.

Since both charges involved arrests, I believe that it would be a fair assumption to make that the other party was not related to Jessica. Usually in the case of a domestic dispute, the police charge both parties, or merely warn them, or family members resolve their issues without following through with a court proceeding.

I suppose continued, physical, bad blood between two people could lead to murder. Thus, I would assume that LE has pursued her two assault cases. However if seems a great stretch to lump the two together in a long, drawn out, personal grudge, or vendetta, and then follow through with that animosity six months later into murder.

I'd like to know if there were any other instances of assault that did not result in an arrest. ZOOL, was the victim the same in both reported assaults?

I will say without LE finding anything or anyone which ties to this case...the possibility of it being a suicide goes up. The people in town can speculate and toss around all kinds of rumors, but if not a single rumor can be substantiated...LE is left spinning their wheels. Can they even prove foul play at this point?

I was just making reference to the fact they were cheaper online compared to Goody's.
I see nothing significant about her joggers possibly having been purchased at Goody's, especially since she worked there and probably even got an employee discount.

Forgive me for my rambling clunky tome, but just trying to think it through out loud. The idea that a single person did this alone and nobody else suspects them makes more sense to the DA based on "common sense." It's a lot harder to keep a secret like this if more than one person is privy to the details. So he's implying that if more people were involved, if it was gang related, or a retaliation hit to send a message, then there would be more talk. I'm guessing an example of that talk would be an assumptions of who the retaliatory message was aimed at, there would be talk of that. However much SM and blogs favor these theories, apparently, there isn't credible street talk of that, based on what the DA says.

Lack of any corroborated information about a lovers triangle where a husband with a penchant for tattoos may have killed a lover, Jessica, to appease his jealous wife, I'm dismissing that as well, since at this point it would probably be the worst kept secret and easy for LE to check out, <modsnip>. I put it in the time wasted category of false leads the DA mentions. At this point, I'm putting the party/partying and the supposed witnesses DA talked to in the false lead category as well, as it has never been confirmed since stated on Dec 12th in one CNN piece as an update from the prosecutor that they spoke to two witnesses from the party, but nothing from the DA since that Jessica was at a party with others.

It seems to me that Jessica Chambers may have ran into somebody who brought her to harm by circumstance and chance, no phone records to indicate previous contacts that would lead to a suspect/s, so far. If LE has a record of when and where her phone last pinged, and it wasn't at that spot, then they may have a better idea of when and where the crime began, if the phone was disabled before she was moved to Herron Rd. So she may have run into the perp/s where she went to get something to eat or to clean her car. That person may have not been from Courtland, but nearby and familiar with Courtland, from Batesville maybe? So bringing Jessica to this spot may have been a way to throw things off, away and distant from perp/s, and to minimize the risk of getting away from the scene. If the person was alone then they would have to get away on foot and make it back without being seen, thus that location with all the back dirt roads and trails would make sense. It is also near the train tracks and it would be possible to hop a train from there, depending on the schedule. Either way, who ever did this may have not wanted to risk being seen with Jessica at the place they ran into her and had to move her to a more isolated location that would point the investigation away from them. Also a place that would afford them no witnesses as they got away, either because they were on foot, or the car and driver at minimum backing them up would go unnoticed. But the 911 caller must not have noticed another car either.

Keep in mind, the time the perp/s had to do this, about an hour at the most, depending on where else the "numerous" videos of Jessica the DA said they have are from. Jessica may have known the perp/s from before, maybe even somebody who had been violent with her before, so she may have resisted, fought them off like never before, and may have been knocked out. The burning alive aspect, as well as being an attempt to wipe away evidence is an act of severe cruelty, ownership of a victim and disdain for her loved ones, not to mention the community, without a doubt, as well as self-preservation for the perp/s who could not let her live through the attack.

I suppose continued, physical, bad blood between two people could lead to murder. Thus, I would assume that LE has pursued her two assault cases. However it seems a great stretch to lump the two together in a long, drawn out, personal grudge, or vendetta, and then follow through with that animosity six months later into murder.

In the articles that record her arrest, are there any names of her known associates that were also arrested those days? TIA if you know.

In the articles that record her arrest, are there any names of her known associates that were also arrested those days? TIA if you know.

ETA based on her June 10th arrest, and considering she had been out of the women's shelter for a 'couple of months', we can guesstimate as to when and how long she was there. Not a year for sure, as some had previously assumed.

This was meant to be an edit to my last post. Sorry.

I probably missed it but didn't DA Champion previously say Jessica was not on fire when responders arrived? TIA:confused:

I'd like to know if there were any other instances of assault that did not result in an arrest. ZOOL, was the victim the same in both reported assaults?

Bessie,

I'm working diligently to uncover these details. I will keep you informed. :laughing:

All the rumors and finger pointing has to be tiresome. I wonder if he's referencing the recent interview on social media with a former boyfriend. I doubt anything he said is true.

Trouble is, if you doubt anyone's story or word, because of criminal convictions, there are very few characters in this cesspool of a town without them. And since everyone, black and white, respectively, is related in some way, even if they don't have convictions under their belts, they have "family loyalty" to protect and defend. It is difficult to believe anyone! JMO

I have been lurking since finding this site, this particular crime has really bothered me. One thing I have found poking around is tis article from 2011, it does not specifically reference this case but I thought the background was interesting:

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/18541967/hit-man-theory-links-multiple-murders

My apologies if this link has been posted or is not apropriate for this thread. It's background and Champion's comments today made it resonate a bit for me.

Thank you for posting the link to this article, and welcome! :greetings:

The article does leave me feeling a bit pessimistic now about Jessica's murder being solved anytime soon. My understanding is that all four of these murders were seen as somehow connected and remain cold cases? I know we felt somewhat optimistic that Jessica's murder resulted in federal intervention, but apparently it's not the first time: "Since 2008, a task force made up of members of the ATF, the DEA and local law enforcement has been investigating the murders." Nobody was ever tried for any of these four crimes?

It's starting to look hopeless. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member