WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found another profile for JV on bebo. Not going to link it because of the rules regarding linking to profiles of people that haven't been publicly named. But it can be found easily.

Everything I'm seeing points to JV really being 21. Bebo page was last accessed in 2006, when he says he is a junior in high school. Haven't all the news reports stated that her boyfriend is 17? Or am I making that up? Maybe Mac was seeing JV, but "secretly"? The RUMOR I was told was that JV is involved in a gang, and with drugs.

The Wenatchee World
Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Case now turns to lab work

Ross Hurd, whose ranch is in the area where the car was found, said Monday night that he did not see anything suspicious that Tuesday. When asked if he was nervous about the situation, he said, “Sure, but we’re the ranchers up here so we are kind of used to being on our own.”

Someone walking along the Crescent Bar beach called in to report finding a body about 12:45 p.m. Saturday. Investigators with Douglas and Chelan counties then canvassed Crescent Bar neighborhoods and the body’s location Saturday and Sunday.

“We took evidence from all over the place but there was nothing riveting,” Gjesdal said this morning. He noted that it takes time to process evidence and that something that may appear trivial at first could later yield clues.

Gjesdal has declined to comment on the cause of death or how long the body had been on the riverbank before it was discovered. He said it is too early in the case to know if Cowell was killed by an unknown predator or someone she knew.

Cowell was last seen about mid-afternoon Tuesday when she left the Academy of Hair Design, possibly to buy some coffee, officials have said. Peggy Strozyk, director of the academy, said this morning that she had not heard anyone there say that Cowell was heading out to buy coffee. She speculated that Cowell might have been heading back to the high school to practice with the school’s dance team, which she often did at that time. - snipped

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/16/case-now-turns-to-lab-work-authorities-hope/

I read a few pages back to post if we found any memorial pages. I found one on FB. Just search Mac's name and it comes up.

The first one that comes up looks brand new. There are only a couple of fans.

I found another one through her friends pages.
I think it's OK to link a memorial page?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=336329031326&

Looking around Mac's friends pages. One person's status says she was found "washed up" on the shore of the Columbia. I thought someone left her on the bank?

The Wenatchee World

Edgy Crescent Bar residents exercise caution

Residents at this upscale riverside development last week added a new layer of caution to the quiet resort life they’ve known for years.

Four days after the body of a teenage girl was found near the entrance of the popular family retreat, residents said they now walk in groups, travel in pairs at night and unfailingly close their drapes and shut the blinds. - snipped

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/16/edgy-crescent-bar-residents-exercise-caution/

The Wenatchee World

Cowell’s classmates grieve a lost friend

As Wenatchee High School students walked to class this morning, extra parents, security officers and school staff roamed the hallways with them, looking for anyone who might need support.

Today was the first day of school since police found 17-year-old Mackenzie Cowell’s body Saturday. School was out Friday and Monday.

“It’s going to be a day when people are dealing with the grieving process,” said Superintendent Brian Flones. “There are students who knew Mackenzie, and students who are distraught because of what’s happening. We’re offering support for both.”

Flones said the school set up a support team in the counseling center and an off-site support group in the Church of the Nazarene a block away, if students need a place to go outside of school.

Administrators met with faculty before school to share the information they had, and asked them to keep an eye out for students who might be upset, Flones said. - snipped

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/16/cowells-classmates-grieve-a-lost-friend/

KIROTV.com
1:45 pm PST February 16, 2010

Police Ask For Specific Tip In Finding Teen's Killer

Investigators trying to find whoever killed a Wenatchee High School student are asking for the public's help.
They want to hear from anyone who might have seen someone walking out of Pitcher Canyon on South Methow Street or Squilchuck Highway between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 9.
Captain Jones of the task force looking into 17-year-old Mackenzie Cowell's death said the person who left Cowell's car in the canyon where it was later found likely walked on one of those two roads afterward. - snipped

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22582890/detail.html (sorry fixed link)

They must have something to go on if they are looking for someone on those specific streets. Don't cha think? :waitasec:
Would that mean the person was headed north?

I saw there was also an article about a gang-related drive by shooting last weekend in the area.

There have been a rash of armed robberies in the last few days in the area. Also, in the last year or so one of the big national gangs took over one of our small town gangs.

There is the remote possibility that this somehow related to that culture. Wenatchee isn't the sleepy little innocent burg people think. We have a huge meth problem in this area.

I don't know if it's related, but I think this is the article about the gang shooting:

The Wenatchee World
February 16, 2010

Two arrested following midnight shooting incident

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/16/two-arrested-following-midnight-shooting-incident/

Mac's aunt/cousin (family member -- I'm not sure of the connection) found through her FB page posted in response to someone's question (where was she last seen?):

"In Wenatchee ... She was at beauty school and apparently met someone outside. It's pretty sketchy about where she went from there. Scary......just prayers and more prayers"

Not posting link because she's an innocent party, but the info seems interesting. I wonder if she has inside info or if she's speculating.

What do you think "def" means? It could stand for so many things: defendant, defiance (this is my choice), defecate, etc.

Salem

I think that his words are making more sense if you read into what he is writing and changing, follows along with the process in the case.... think about it I'm sure it will come to you.Kinda sounds if he is referring to a deceased person speakin thru an autopsy.....??????? Personally it sounds more and more like he knows something. Just another opinion, and we are all entitled..:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3