FL FL - Isabella Hellmann, 41, catamaran off Cay Sal, FL Keys,14 May 2017 #2 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Found it posted elsewhere:

newsEngin.19195454_BennettFB.JPG_web.jpg

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/l...es-down-facebook-post/ieKw88W1xQ2n3fyRqaPWbL/

“Understandably, I have now returned to the UK with my daughter to seek the comfort of my friends and family,” Bennett wrote in the June 28 posting, and “must take a step back from the world of social media.”

Within hours, several people posted comments saying they shared his grief and encouraging him, with one saying, “sorry you have had to go through all of this, its (sic) heart breaking.”

But soon others posted comments asking Bennett why he was in such a hurry to leave Florida, denying Hellmann’s family access to the couple’s daughter, born in July 2016. Then several others began posting unsubstantiated allegations and saying “justice will be served.”

Bennett’s post still was up Monday evening. But by 5 a.m. Tuesday, it was gone. Bennett’s most current posting now is the one that, for a long time, had been his last one: an April 4 post showing him with Isabella and the couple’s daughter.

In last week’s posting, Bennett had thanked people who he said have “supported me through this most testing of times” and criticized what he called “negative and derisory comments that have been said and insinuated by people that, surprisingly, are brought by people that I thought would be there to support myself and Emelia.”

___

also dicussed here:

While the post does not mention the circumstances of Hellmann's disappearance, Bennett reflects on the relationship he had with his wife.
Bennett thanked people who had 'supported me through this most testing of times'.

In the same post he criticized what he called 'negative and derisory comments that have been said and insinuated by people that, surprisingly, are brought by people that I thought would be there to support myself and Emelia'.

He said that taking 'a time for reflection' might 'lessen the negativity that I have encountered in this emotionally charged situation and hope in the future a reconciliation will occur for all parties concerned, if not for my sake but for Emelia's'.

Bennett said he wanted to stress 'how much Isabella meant to me and to Emelia and it is now my responsibility to ensure her legacy is never forgotten'.
He added: 'Contrary to statements given in the press and social media, Isabella and I loved each other very much, she was the soulmate I had always searched for, she made my life complete.

'To think I must move forward without her in my life is something I never wanted to contemplate.'

Bennett took the post down from Facebook some time before 5am on Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Facebook-post-missing-wife.html#ixzz4mXbIfT8k

Thank you Jersey Girl :) Since it's still in MSM. I will share my thoughts on his post.

Of course, my opinions and impressions only.

#1 - He hopes for "future reconciliation with all parties concerned, for Emelia's sake."
This gives me hope that Isabella's family will be able to be apart of Emelia's life at least slightly. He may be trying to defend the "bad guy" depiction the family has made with the media. Although, imo there are more sincere ways to say this... and to mean it.

#2 - Isabella's mention compared to the rest of the contents of the post
The beginning and end, 3/4 paragraphs in total are all about Bennet, Bennet, Bennet. Disregarding the middle blurb about Isabella, the post reads very narcissistic and defensive in my opinion. I would understand and expect "a bit" defensive but it's very defensive which shouldn't be as important / or a priority.

This ratio of content seems to point to what is truly on his mind which imo is not indicative of a deeply grieving husband.

#3 - The blurb on Isabella
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]The paragraph on Isabella seemed truly sincere, still defensive, but sincere with very profound and touching words, right up until the last sentence "She [Isabella] is someone that I and Emelia will never forget". [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]Emelia (9mo) will never remember her mother. Bennet sounded sincere until he said that. IMO a truly grieving husband would be devastated that his child will never know her mother, that would torment me if it were me. But he said Emelia will never forget her which is a delusional way to attempt to pluck at the heart strings of people reading the post IMO. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]#4 - "It is now time to start the healing process.."[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]"Healing process" are the words that are said to those who going through the process, especially the first step of the process which is grieving.. emotions of anger and sadness and not comprehending much more than that. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]These words are said TO those grieving or ABOUT those grieving. We usually don't hear these words FROM the grieving IMO. We hear "privacy", "processing", "grieving", "time" etc. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman][FONT=arial, sans-serif]The fact that Bennet is saying this to us instead of the other way around, seems to me someone who is not truly grieving IMO. [/FONT]Typically[FONT=arial, sans-serif], from grieving people we hear there is "no healing" that it still doesn't get any better years and years later but that you just learn to survive -- not heal. With Bennet there's always this theme of "moving on" which IMO isn't the appropriate language or essence given his circumstances.

All JMO.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

It was never proven that they hit anything nor was there extensive damage to the cat.
As of now, nothing has been proven in any capacity, right? It could therefore still be considered an accident or purposeful? The only thing we know for sure is that Isabella is missing.

[h=1]BREAKING: Sister of missing Delray woman files for control of property[/h]
DELRAY BEACH The sister of Isabella Hellmann has filed in court to protect the assets of the suburban Delray Beach real estate broker reported lost at sea in May, court records show.

Palm Beach County court documents also show papers were served on Lewis Bennett, Hellmann’s newlywed husband, who said in a June Facebook posting he has gone to England with the couple’s infant child. The family’s lawyer said Wednesday that Bennett is contesting the legal actions.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/l...-for-control-property/0nKV9vjcW7Uh7PjLgYg09L/

Husband of missing Delray woman wanted ‘presumed death’ letter

Within a day after the agency called off the search for Isabella Hellmann, her husband asked the Coast Guard for a “letter of presumed death,” court documents show.

The next day, the agency wrote Bennett, acknowledging his request.(sic)The letter but did not say the day he submitted it. A Coast Guard commander said the agency wasn’t authorized to issue such a document but did provide a two-paragraph summary of the search, noting it spent “a combined 137.77 hours spanning 4,980 square nautical miles with four types of aircrafts and three CG cutters.”

The Coast Guard letter is contained in documents related to the Palm Beach County court action Hellman’s sister filed in June to take over the missing woman’s finances.

By Florida law, a person can’t be declared legally dead until he or she has been missing for at least five years.

More at link-
http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news...-death-letter/y1V9n0bF8MhJqyuRUqXKmL/amp.html

Within a day after the agency called off the search for Isabella Hellmann, her husband asked the Coast Guard for a “letter of presumed death,” court documents show.

The next day, the agency wrote Bennett, acknowledging his request.(sic)The letter but did not say the day he submitted it. A Coast Guard commander said the agency wasn’t authorized to issue such a document but did provide a two-paragraph summary of the search, noting it spent “a combined 137.77 hours spanning 4,980 square nautical miles with four types of aircrafts and three CG cutters.”

The Coast Guard letter is contained in documents related to the Palm Beach County court action Hellman’s sister filed in June to take over the missing woman’s finances.

By Florida law, a person can’t be declared legally dead until he or she has been missing for at least five years.

More at link-
http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news...-death-letter/y1V9n0bF8MhJqyuRUqXKmL/amp.html

Wow. Within a day after they called off the search? Interesting.

More at link-

Can someone refresh my memory.

How does the date that he requested this coincide with the dates he supposedly went back to Cuba to check on her at the hospitals?

TIA

May 18 - Coast Guard calls off search
May 19 - Coast Guard replies to Bennett's letter about requesting presumed death letter - http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news...-death-letter/y1V9n0bF8MhJqyuRUqXKmL/amp.html
May 21-27 - Window for Bennet being in Cuba: "[FONT=&amp]Last week Bennett left for Cuba to do his own search[/FONT]" - http://www.wptv.com/news/region-s-p...-questions-what-happened-to-her-sister?page=2
May 20-23 - Claim of Bennett being at Florida apartment. - http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news...mystery-missing-woman/5reNR5lTYpl2kcOKNxdxaP/

Sun May 28th - Police report - https://media.local10.com/document_...ident report_1496322195145_9885983_ver1.0.pdf

In his defense, if he KNOWS she was on the boat when he went to sleep, and she was missing when it bumped into something, then he would have assumed her to be gone that same night. But just in case, he still went looking in Cuba. Just in case.

[h=1]Missing mom’s husband sought 'presumed death' letter days after Bahamas disappearance[/h]
The newlywed husband of a mother who vanished while the couple was sailing in the Bahamas had asked the Coast Guard for a “letter of presumed death” a day after the agency called off their search, and within four days of their boat overturning, according to court documents.

Isabella Hellmann's sister has accused her husband Lewis Bennett of killing her, according to a police report issued after her disappearance. Bennett has not been formally named as a suspect in her disappearance.
Authorities have also never said that they suspect the disappearance of the 41-year-old mother was the result of foul play, and the investigation into her disappearance is still being treated as a missing persons case by the Coast Guard and the FBI.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-moms-husband-sought-presumed-death-letter-days/story?id=48666402

Daily Mail in the UK picking up on this story:

Husband of woman, 41, who went missing from a boat off the Bahamas asked for a letter of 'presumed death' just a day after the coastguard called off the search

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4702774/Husband-asked-letter-presumed-death-wife.html
He presumed she died because he did not find her and she did not get on a life raft with him. Any logical person would conclude this as they sat for hours alone in the pitch black in the middle of the ocean after their boat had just sank, and their loved one was missing from the boat and surrounding water. The act of asking for a letter does seem quick, but maybe he is one of those people who remains logical and calm, mechanical and robotic when traumatized.

He presumed she died because he did not find her and she did not get on a life raft with him. Any logical person would conclude this as they sat for hours alone in the pitch black in the middle of the ocean after their boat had just sank, and their loved one was missing from the boat and surrounding water. The act of asking for a letter does seem quick, but maybe he is one of those people who remains logical and calm, mechanical and robotic when traumatized.

But then why did he go to Cuba to supposedly look for her? Seems contradictory to me.

The Coast Guard’s response to Bennett is dated May 19. Hellmann was reported missing five days earlier.

There is no maritime law that gives authority to presume a missing person dead. That power rests with the state of Florida.

Following the Coast Guard’s response, Bennett says he launched his own search for his wife in Cuba. Hellmann’s family says he returned to the U.S. three days later to take his daughter and leave the country.

Bennett’s motion for dismissal of the family’s petition states Hellmann’s sister has no authority over her assets, but rather he and their daughter do. Court documents also reveal there is no existing will left behind by Hellmann.

An attorney for Hellmann’s sister says the family understands Bennett’s rights to the property. There has been no hearing scheduled as of yet.

http://fox61.com/2017/07/17/florida-husband-wants-wife-missing-at-sea-declared-dead/

But then why did he go to Cuba to supposedly look for her? Seems contradictory to me.
Just in case. I addressed my theory on that a just few posts ago.
In his defense, if he KNOWS she was on the boat when he went to sleep, and she was missing when it bumped into something, then he would have assumed her to be gone that same night. But just in case, he still went looking in Cuba. Just in case.
But who knows? Maybe he's sketchy, maybe he's not. I'm not sure either way. But we don't know and I'm trying to be open minded about ALL possibilities. jmo's

Isabella Hellmann mystery spans three continents, raises questions

July 19, 2017

On Monday, a British journalist knocked on the door of a home in Hythe, a coastal Hampshire town about 85 miles southwest of London.

“We have been told not to say anything,” the resident told the reporter, sent by The Palm Beach Post. “He lives here some of the time, because we are his parents, but not all the time.”

“He” is Lewis Bennett, whereabouts unknown. The 40-year-old man has a mysterious back story, no permanent home or confirmed means of income, and a little girl who turns 1 this month and whose mother vanished at sea.

His story — and that of 41-year-old suburban Delray Beach real estate broker Isabella Hellmann — takes place in an array of locales that would fill the board game Risk, with push pins in no fewer than nine countries and possessions spanning three continents.

[...]

ISABELLA VANISHES: A TIMELINE

November 1975: Luz Stella Isabella Rodriguez is born in Colombia. She is believed to have moved to Florida some time in the 1990s.

April 1977: Lewis Bennett is born in Dorset area of southwest England. He attends public schools and at some point moves to Australia.

February 2002: Isabella marries William Hellmann. The two begin divorce proceedings in August 2012 in Palm Beach County Circuit Court in Delray Beach. Divorce is final in August 2014.

May 2011: Lewis Bennett registers Next Generation Solar in Australia.

November 2013: In St. Maarten, in the Caribbean, Bennett buys catamaran described as a 37-foot Fountaine Pajot Orana 44. He registers it in Australia.

2015: Isabella Hellmann and Lewis Bennett meet online.

August 2015: Bennett registers Next Generation Solar in Florida.

July 2016: Amelia is born.

January 2017: The couple buys a condo at the Pine Ridge at Delray Beach development for $123,000.

February: The couple marry in Atlanta.

April 30: Isabella flies to St. Maarten to meet Bennett and his catamaran, the Surf into Summer, which had been there since April 8. The couple sail that day. Facebook postings show her May 1 in Puerto Rico and May 2 in the British Virgin Islands. Those are her last public postings.

May 14: The couple reportedly leaves Varadero, a resort town about 75 miles east of Havana, at 5:30 p.m.

May 15: Bennett contacts the Coast Guard around 1 a.m. to say the boat has struck something and is sinking and Hellmann is missing. Hours later, he is rescued and flown to the Florida Keys.

May 18: Coast Guard officially calls off search.

May 19: Coast Guard responds to Bennett request for a “letter of presumed death,” saying it doesn’t have authority.

May 23: At condo, officials, possibly FBI investigators, search Bennett’s car, and interview him. Sometime before June 1, FBI evidence tape seals the door.

May 26: Coast Guard and FBI confirm to Palm Beach Post that they are conducting a “missing persons investigation.”

May 27: Bennett claims he just returned from searching hospitals in Cuba for Isabella.

May 28: In confrontation to which police are called, Hellmann’s sister screams accusations at Bennett, who had come to pick up Emelia at the family’s Boca Raton home.

May 30: Dailymail.com posts interview with Bennett at his suburban Delray Beach condominium in which he professes his innocence.

June 14: Isabelle’s sister, Adriana Difeo of Jupiter, files in Palm Beach County Circuit Court in Palm Beach Gardens to take over Isabella’s finances.

June 16: Investigators spend eight hours searching the couple’s condo and leave with several boxes.

June 21: Court papers are formally served on Bennett’s family home in Southampton, England.

June 28: Bennett says in a Facebook posting he has gone to England with Amelia. After receiving both supportive and critical comments, he takes down the post. He later closes his Facebook page altogether.

July 10: Bennett’s Boca Raton lawyer formally files to challenge sister’s conservatorship effort.

From the link posted by Greater Than right above....

The Australian Maritime Registry says Bennett submitted that Surf into Summer was built in 1986, and a yacht broker has told The Post a catamaran that old would be worth about $60,000. But the company that builds the yacht says on its webpage that the model was first built in 2008. Online ads show that model built in 2008 selling for between $275,000 and $400,000.

Strange thing to lie about.

From the timeline above:

"November 2013: In St. Maarten, in the Caribbean, Bennett buys catamaran described as a 37-foot Fountaine Pajot Orana 44. He registers it in Australia."

Ummm....the Orana 44 is a 44 foot boat, not a 37 foot boat. That's what the numbers mean.

So the boat that sank was a different length, different name and different age than the boat he purchased in 2013. So maybe a different boat?

This is where google searches mislead: when you search someone's name, if they have any boats registered in Australia, that will come up. But if they have boats registered elsewhere, like St. Maarten, those boats don't show up in the search. So just because you get a hit on a boat in someone's name, it doesn't mean it's the boat that sank.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-palm-beach-county/west-palm-beach/isabella-hellmanns-family-asks-lewis-bennett-if-they-can-visit-couples-baby-in-england 7:25 PM, Jul 17, 2017

Isabella Hellmann's family asks Lewis Bennett if they can visit couple's baby in England This was 4 days ago, but didn't see posted.

" We are looking forward to seeing you [Emelia] for your birthday, but it is all up to your father."

So sad, I have little hope that her family, addressing him in social media this way, will obtain his support for her family interactions.

Didn't LB say he was shying away from social media for a bit since it was so negative? He may not see their request.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ttaylor21318
Back