UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
how about benedryl? other otc meds that cause sedation? those are readily available in most homes..

I take Benedryl for allergies and I have to take it at night because it knocks me out so that could be possible.

Don't most parents keep something like that around in case of an allergic reaction to things?

My husband had to take it when he got nailed by a bee because his hand swelled.

I think Susan was the "generator" in the back of the van. He had to tell the 4 year old something about the big thing with the blanket over it. We can only hope he wasn't too sleepy that when Dad opened the back, let cold air in, and it woke him up--only to find that Mom was there all along. And watched her being carried away.....
Hopefully LE tested the generator to see if it had been operating the past few days. If it is gas powered.. it would have traces in and around the van. I think that is a great scenario. If the generator was not used... then you may have hit the nail on the head.

Josh and Susan met at a church function in Puyallup WA.

Read this... lots of background stuff:

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14000824
Excellent, informative article... thank you for posting!

Lots of interesting stuff in the article. Just a couple of things that really caught my eye (my comments will be in purple):

A quote from 'neighbor'/ friend JoVonna Owings (a.k.a 'crochet lady'):

"Susan is very energetic and enthusiastic. She is sort of like the Energizer Bunny", Owings said, "she was an excellent mother and wife. She took care of her family, house and husband, and often made meals from scratch". (It is interesting to me how she switched from the present tense to the past tense mid-way through this statement).

Also:

Owings began babysitting for the Powells on Saturdays. Owings said she would bring her 9 year old and 17 year old children along when she tended the Powell boys. Joshua Powell often spent those Saturdays working on the home's back deck, and would teach the Owings children woodworking. (Does anyone know if JoVonna Owings is married herself? Why would she be spending so much time babysitting at the Powell house is Josh was home on Saturdays? How many hours on Saturdays did he spend on that back deck, and how many Saturdays does it take to complete a deck? How close did these two possibly get? It just all sounds kind of 'cozy' to my suspicious little mind).

I may be way out there with this, but, is there a possibility JoVonna could be connected with Susan's disappearance? Josh and JoVonna?

smart blonde - I believe he was in a schizoid phase at this point because of the sudden change of plans (a dinner guest). In other words, he wasn't thinking properly (like you and I would). He saw she was passed out, had researched how much it would take to kill her and never imagined that she would EVER get up again.
It just seems very risky, to take the chance that she won't 'come to' enough to reach for the phone and call 911. Especially in light of the news aticles that state that Josh left to take the boys sledding at the same time the JoVonna/neighbor/friend/crochet lady was leaving the house.

How would he know Susan was incapacitated so quickly, if he left at the same time JoVonna did?

Lots of interesting stuff in the article. Just a couple of things that really caught my eye (my comments will be in purple):

"Susan is very energetic and enthusiastic. She is sort of like the Energizer Bunny", Owings said, "she was an excellent mother and wife. She took care of her family, house and husband, and often made meals from scratch". (It is interesting to me how she switched from the present tense to the past tense mid-way through this statement).

Also:

Owings began babysitting for the Powells on Saturdays. Owings said she would bring her 9 year old and 17 year old children along when she tended the Powell boys. Joshua Powell often spent those Saturdays working on the home's back deck, and would teach the Owings children woodworking. (Does anyone know if JoVonna Owings is married herself? Why would she be spending so much time babysitting at the Powell house is Josh was home on Saturdays? How many hours on Saturdays did he spend on that back deck, and how many Saturdays does it take to complete a deck? How close did these two possibly get? It just all sounds kind of 'cozy' to my suspicious little mind).

I may be way out there with this, but, is there a possibility JoVonna could be connected with Susan's disappearance? Josh and JoVonna?
No pretty sure not involved. Susan needed a friend and help with the kids. Josh was/is incompetent.

I have travelled a great deal in Southern Utah and I shudder to think where this young woman could be. Earlier this year they found a young man who had been missing well over a year in So. UT. He had driven off the road and was found right there - still in his truck. Who knows how many times they had been over that area?

I am hoping against all hope that Josh will break down and tell LE where he put her.

I think you are speaking Christopher Robin? I followed his case for a long time. So sad it took so long for them to find them - it is just such a big area. So many places to go missing.

It just seems very risky, to take the chance that she won't 'come to' enough to reach for the phone and call 911. Especially in light of the news aticles that state that Josh left to take the boys sledding at the same time the JoVonna/neighbor/friend/crochet lady was leaving the house.

How would he know Susan was incapacitated so quickly, if he left at the same time JoVonna did?
I didn't say he left "at the same time" but soon thereafter. Maybe even checked her pulse but nothing more... There are 3 hours from 5:30 to 8:30, plenty of time. And the kids wouldn't have handled 3 hours in that snow storm. Maybe an hour at the tops. Also, no news reports say he left "at the same time as JoVanna".

Smart Blonde, on this:
"Owings began babysitting for the Powells on Saturdays. Owings said she would bring her 9 year old and 17 year old children along when she tended the Powell boys. Joshua Powell often spent those Saturdays working on the home's back deck, and would teach the Owings children woodworking."

MY thoughts exactly when reading same (!). Why did they need a babysitter on Saturdays, especially if Dad was home?

No pretty sure not involved. Susan needed a friend and help with the kids. Josh was/is incompetent.
But, in her first interview, JoVonna herself was saying what a good, responsible parent Josh is.

Something strikes me as odd about the whole JoVonna thing.

Also:

Trying to be as tactful as possible, but have you watched the videos and seen this woman? She's about twice Josh's age. Gosh ... :banghead: AND the other woman (bff of Susan) Kiirsi is twice Josh's size. :snooty: that others keep trying to "link" to Josh.

Smart Blonde, on this:
"Owings began babysitting for the Powells on Saturdays. Owings said she would bring her 9 year old and 17 year old children along when she tended the Powell boys. Joshua Powell often spent those Saturdays working on the home's back deck, and would teach the Owings children woodworking."

MY thoughts exactly when reading same (!). Why did they need a babysitter on Saturdays, especially if Dad was home?
Have you ever seen a narcissist/psychopath watch their own children? My X had Social Services called on him by neighbors for letting his son play outside by himself at age 2 for extended periods of time. His then wife was working and he was "babysitting" his son.

Smart Blonde, on this:

Because Dad was an idiot and couldn't be trusted? Because he tends to forget he's a DAD? Because Susan would prefer another MOM tending her kids when she's gone because dad is lame-o and a LOSER? Just guessing.

Okay, okay, I'll drop it, lol! :truce:

I just had to put my suspicions on record, that's all!

(Hey, stranger 'romances' have happened. That's why they say love is blind).

But, in her first interview, JoVonna herself was saying what a good, responsible parent Josh is.

Something strikes me as odd about the whole JoVonna thing.
Yes and Mr. Cox doesn't think his son-in-law is capable of hurting his daughter and Santa is coming on the 25th.....

I think LE is telling them how/what/why to say everything.....

I wish the blogger whose husband worked with Susan would tell us those other things she said she knew.... Any one watching that blog for more information?

OMG - they didn't know where to look for Danielle Van Dam either. She wasn't in the desert, but instead by a tree in Escondio. LE needs to set up massive search groups to find this young lady. I think she's closer to home to throw LE off track.

MOO

Mel

They actually did know where to search for Danielle Van Dam. Her killer got his motorhome stuck not far from where he left the body and had to call a tow truck to get him out. The tow truck driver put two and two together and called LE. LE found Danielle shortly after they started looking.

I have been wondering that too. Her home town is close to ft. lewis and Mccord air force base. I wonder if he could have been in the military.
If they both grew up in the church, it would not be unusual for him to be 10 years older, especially if he went on a mission from age 19 to 21, then to college (and I'm guessing on the 5 plus year plan). YSA (Young Single Adults) activity is where they met (ages 18 through 31). She would have been 20 and him 30. That would be about right. I don't think he was the kind of guy that women chased after exactly. Susan was naive, trusting and he swept her off her feet. I bet they were married within 6-8 months of meeting... (another typical pattern).

Smart Blonde, on this:

I started to ask that same question, passionflower -- then I realized this is a dad who said it was 'normal' to roust 2 toddlers from their warm cozy beds in the wee hours of the morning, drive them into the desolate desert (where other guys w/ 4X4's wouldn't go!) in a snowstorm, in single digit temps to sleep in a van...even if it's a lie, it shows what he's capable of thinking of as 'OK'.

Now I get why Susan would want someone watching her kids....come to think of it, even if the opportunity would have been there, I would have *never* left my son w/ his immature, control freak, psycho dad....I got out before something bad happened....he was already doing things to bring risk to me & my son who was an infant at the time -- I really didn't feel safe, left & never looked back.

And come to think of it, as someone posted upthread, maybe Susan wanted her friend there for dinner because *she* didn't feel safe....I wonder if Susan's friend is just being kind by not mentioning some obvious tension in the air between the couple.

I wonder where Josh is sleeping at night. Is he staying at his (and Susan's) house?
Does he still have the boys? Are reporters camped outside the house? Is his Father-In-Law staying with him?

I have so many little questions, let alone the big ones.

Police on Tuesday obtained DNA samples from Joshua Powell in the search for
his missing wife.

West Valley City police Capt. Tom McLachlan said investigators have taken
DNA samples from multiple people in the search for 28-year-old Susan Powell,
and the warrant served Tuesday does not imply her husband is a suspect.

Does this make it sound like they had to get a warrant for his DNA?
If so... wonder if the other people made them get a warrant before giving
theirs?
Also.... DNA... hmmmm... wet spot?

Police on Tuesday obtained DNA samples from Joshua Powell in the search for
his missing wife.

West Valley City police Capt. Tom McLachlan said investigators have taken
DNA samples from multiple people in the search for 28-year-old Susan Powell,
and the warrant served Tuesday does not imply her husband is a suspect.

Does this make it sound like they had to get a warrant for his DNA?
If so... wonder if the other people made them get a warrant before giving
theirs?
Also.... DNA... hmmmm... wet spot?

The words "warrant served" make it sound like it wasn't given voluntarily, to me.

I wonder who the "multiple people" who supplied DNA are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6