Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know why the poilce have reacted to the situation but a family with a violent altercation history such as GBC almost inevitable lands up with dealings with the police and this in itself means that they would have profiles of both of them on file. All this misinformation is useful to the police - people around the crime who tell the truth are able to consistently tell their story over and over. Those who lie are not able to keep up with the stories and lies they have told previously. Bbeing deliberately vague and giving broad brush explanations the police are going to give themselves the best result in honing in on someone who is lying and find the perpertrator.

do we actually know that gbc has "violent altercation history" ?

I sometimes change into casual/tracksuit clothes (incl. sneakers) when I get home from work. I personally don't think she went for a walk at 10 pm in a semi-rural area. Maybe the clothes was put on her "after the fact", to substantiate the theory that she went for a walk?

if they were put on her after the fact, i wonder if police thought to check with collegues, friends, salon etc what she was wearing that day, and test those clothes for blood or signs of a struggle, rips etc, or if they had been freshly washed? and i dont think she would run at 10pm if she was in the habit of getting up so early each morning to run, she would probably be heading to bed, exhausted from her busy day.

It is quite telling that ABC's dad states that GBC has only told them that "she left and never returned" That is all he said.....This has struck a cord with me because i would of thought being the parents of his wife and Grandparents of his children he would say a lot more to them??

Why wasn't there any sign of GBC's parents or Siblings at the Command Point??

IMO there seems to be a bit of tension between the families ....I maybe grasping at straws but I think the Dickies know GBC has done this and that GBC is worried that ABC has told them things that maybe incriminating toward him.

In regards to the Trust Fund they want to set up for the 3 girls...is this because they know that their Dad won't be around to help them pay for it???

I also think it is very strange that he did not elaborate more when he informed the in-laws that the wife was missing!!!

This may have been said earlier but I wonder if the police intially stated that they don't believe she had met her demise on the off chance that the person responsible would go back to where he left her to check if she was still there? Or to test that persons response? They behave as if she's alive, the perp behaves as if she's already dead.

No. I think that is unsubstantiated.

I have not seen any reports about hairdressers either, only what people have mentioned in the forum.

I would still like to see confirmation link by "Couldbe" of a hair appointment. I don't recall any press or police saying that the wife was at the hairdressers until 7 pm.

I too asked "Is it a fact" that the wife was at the hairdressers until 7 pm, because I read it earlier in this forum. I was hoping that whoever posted that info would reply too. Someone knew that she was at the hairdresser before it was stated by her friend in a Courier Mail report this morning.

I wonder so much.....We have all expressed what we think may have have happened....With some of us even changing our thoughts trains. But one thing I dont like, is when people come into the thread with supposed actual information (that they heard from a friend of a friend of a police officer, who knew Gerard's mistresses poodle who knew the cat that played with the Baden daughters at school, whilst knowing Allison's all and all in life)

It has never been substantiated that he was violent....just mentioned by friends of friends etc

It has never been substantiated that the last person who saw her alive other than Gerard was a hairdresser.

This conference?...Huh? Why didint we hear about this before today?...Or was this aother friend of a friend who knows the siter of the dog that loved the house that Jack Built.

People do wear running shoes at 10pm. Some people wear them all day, right up until they go to bed....Not meant offensively, but not everyone is your wife. I wear runners at night, in fact I am wearing them now....My comfy cross trainers......With her seeming to be into fitness, I can imagine she would have worn them often too.

LOL no problems no offence taken. I understand we all wear different things around the house, in fact probably really scary things in certain houses!!

I guess my point was probably more about, she was apparently sitting about (lets assume on the lounge) watching the telly (FOOTY SHOW) and at 10pm at night. Its a big world out there with many many different people Im not doubting that, but that's just not something I've seen much of. its usully the PJ's or the trackies (without shoes) at 10pm at night. would be interestig to know her sleeping patterns. most people go to bed around the same time of night each night. wonder if this was late for her. .

Hey I wonder if she had a shower that night? hope they sprang that one on him to see how he reacted

Also, wouldnt Energex be able to do a bit of a read on the power that was used at this house that evening, in particular after 10pm?? are they that advanced, probably not??

No. I think that is unsubstantiated.

I have not seen any reports about hairdressers either, only what people have mentioned in the forum.

Both rumours from people who have intimate knowledge or know friends of friends, etc. but not official facts.

I wonder so much.....We have all expressed what we think may have have happened....With some of us even changing our thoughts trains. But one thing I dont like, is when people come into the thread with supposed actual information (that they heard from a friend of a friend of a police officer, who knew Gerard's mistresses poodle who knew the cat that played with the Baden daughters at school, whilst knowing Allison's all and all in life)

It has never been substantiated that he was violent....just mentioned by friends of friends etc

It has never been substantiated that the last person who saw her alive other than Gerard was a hairdresser.

This conference?...Huh? Why didint we hear about this before today?...Or was this aother friend of a friend who knows the siter of the dog that loved the house that Jack Built.

Her best friend was directly quoted in the courier mail about Allison having a very busy Friday, which included attending a conference. This is in today's news so perhaps you hadn't seen that article yet.

This forum is the first upon which I've ever posted a comment. There is something so compelling about this case - as we're all aware - that drove me to do enough google searches in looking for answers, that I finally came upon Websleuths.

It took some deliberation before I began to join in. Mind you, from what I've observed, doing so is a little like nervously waving a white flag with a message on it, from behind a protective wall amid a shoot-out at the OK-Corral (sp?), with every chance it'll be hit by a bullet, lol.

I had already been told by two independent people that a police officer involved in the investigation had revealed that GBC's torso was covered in scratches, which prompted the mobilisation of a large search party. People have suggested, quite understandably, that a police officer is not permitted to do that, and would never do that. I'm aware - as are the two people who told me this information - that what they were told, they were not meant to hear. Police officers are fallible like the rest of us. These two people who each heard the same thing from a police officer are old friends of mine, unknown to each other, both busy professionals, both with better things to do than gossip and each not given to sensationalism ... which is why I believe them. This information is, however, by definition hearsay. I'm still unclear as to whether information we hear from what we consider to be a reliable source, is permitted to be referred to in this forum. I think the purpose of this forum is to share ideas/information/theories in the hope that we may draw a little closer to the truth. If I'm overstepping the boundaries, please let me know.

On that note, I heard something further this afternoon. (Keep in mind that the old saying "Six degrees of separation" can reasonably be reduced to three degrees when it comes to this town.):

Someone wrote, some pages back, that hairdressers are great for gossip, which gave me ironic pause. Early this evening I was chatting to a hairdresser who runs a salon in the cbd. She brought up the ABC case (truly, everyone is mesmerised by it). She told me that a friend of hers works in a doctors practice and that GBC had come into the practice the day before Allison was reported missing, ie. Wednesday, and that he had scratches on his face. This would indicate that if he had other scratches on his body at all, maybe they were sustained at the same time - Wednesday or before. She said that her friend doesn't want to mention this to police for fear of god knows what. I told her she should really urge the woman to do so.

If this is true, then surely GBC, to back himself, would have told the officers the same thing - "I had these/got these yesterday/ day before". If he was asked to prove it, wouldn't he have pointed to people who would have seen him with them? Such as his doctor?

Have been wondering whether to call Crimestoppers myself with this info but it seems a little lame and obvious ... surely they would already have this, having searched medical records? I forgot to ask (foolishly) which doctors practice it was that he attended.

Thoughts?

It is quite telling that ABC's dad states that GBC has only told them that "she left and never returned" That is all he said.....This has struck a cord with me because i would of thought being the parents of his wife and Grandparents of his children he would say a lot more to them??

Why wasn't there any sign of GBC's parents or Siblings at the Command Point??

IMO there seems to be a bit of tension between the families ....I maybe grasping at straws but I think the Dickies know GBC has done this and that GBC is worried that ABC has told them things that maybe incriminating toward him.

In regards to the Trust Fund they want to set up for the 3 girls...is this because they know that their Dad won't be around to help them pay for it???

I think that the parents were tag teaming looking after the girls. It wouldn't have been an easy task. Probably the Dickies were more suited to dealing with the searchers - the Baden-Clays seem more reserved. So probably a good division of duties there. Plus the BCs, who have a son in a difficult position, might have felt it more tactful to stay away.

I would still like to see confirmation link by "Couldbe" of a hair appointment. I don't recall any press or police saying that the wife was at the hairdressers until 7 pm.

Although it hasn't been officially documented, as I mentioned in my post yesterday, I was told by a staff member working at the same salon that someone else on here mentioned that Allison had been in that day. I wasn't told a time however.

LOL no problems no offence taken. I understand we all wear different things around the house, in fact probably really scary things in certain houses!!

I guess my point was probably more about, she was apparently sitting about (lets assume on the lounge) watching the telly (FOOTY SHOW) and at 10pm at night. Its a big world out there with many many different people Im not doubting that, but that's just not something I've seen much of. its usully the PJ's or the trackies (without shoes) at 10pm at night. would be interestig to know her sleeping patterns. most people go to bed around the same time of night each night. wonder if this was late for her. .

Hey I wonder if she had a shower that night? hope they sprang that one on him to see how he reacted

Also, wouldnt Energex be able to do a bit of a read on the power that was used at this house that evening, in particular after 10pm?? are they that advanced, probably not??

She may not have been watching the footy show at all!

Mrs Baden-Clay's best friend, Kerry-Anne Walker, has helped the Dickies in their ordeal and was at the search site every day. She was one of the last to have contact with Mrs Baden-Clay, texting her on the night she disappeared about her plans for the following day.

"That Friday was a busy day for her. She had a full-day conference in town and the kids were having a sleepover that night, so she would have got all her stuff ready," Mrs Walker said.

"I had texted her that day, the Thursday, and she texted me back that night saying she'd drop around on her way home from this conference .

"She arranged to drop some stuff off for me on the way home. So it was all a bit of a shock."

Mrs Walker said the entire situation was "very bizarre".

"She would never have left her girls - never," she said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/grief-for-lost-daughter/story-e6freoof-1226346302840

if they were put on her after the fact, i wonder if police thought to check with collegues, friends, salon etc what she was wearing that day, and test those clothes for blood or signs of a struggle, rips etc, or if they had been freshly washed? and i dont think she would run at 10pm if she was in the habit of getting up so early each morning to run, she would probably be heading to bed, exhausted from her busy day.

Excellent Point! surely they would check this sort of simple but crucial thing out??

Some thoughts and questions.

Do insurance companies investigate life insurance cases straight away once they know it's not natural causes?

If G last saw A at 10pm and then called 000 at 7.39am, perhaps there was more urgency because her (perhaps separate) bed hadn't been slept in?

Would the marriage counsellor have anything to contribute?

If I were the Dickies I would have volunteered to clean up the family home too, and perhaps would have done some further investigation of my own.

All this deduction we are doing is based on media reports and every media coverage where
I've known the full story, has been full of inaccurate reporting!

Would fear of law suits be why the media hasn't reported any of the juicier details? As I'm sure there'd be no shortage of people who actually know things who'd be willing to talk to them. Or do you reckon the police have asked them to be restrained?

Agreed on most of what you say here.However Refer to courier mail this morning, her best friend was named in the same article/interview with her parents and this is where she spoke about the conferencce that ABC was attending on the friday and the sleep over with the kids etc
so not hearsay an actual interview/report with names mentioned (best friend)
Why we havent heard before?? I am sure police have heard it....

Some thoughts and questions.

Do insurance companies investigate life insurance cases straight away once they know it's not natural causes?

If G last saw A at 10pm and then called 000 at 7.39am, perhaps there was more urgency because her (perhaps separate) bed hadn't been slept in?

Would the marriage counsellor have anything to contribute?

If I were the Dickies I would have volunteered to clean up the family home too, and perhaps would have done some further investigation of my own.

All this deduction we are doing is based on media reports and every media coverage where
I've known the full story, has been full of inaccurate reporting!

Would fear of law suits be why the media hasn't reported any of the juicier details? As I'm sure there'd be no shortage of people who actually know things who'd be willing to talk to them. Or do you reckon the police have asked them to be restrained?
I think witnesses would be asked to keep quiet on things. I'm sure that some people wouldn't be able to resist it though. But until the information is released by the police it would still be considered "rumours". Time will (hopefully) tell.

I have a feeling that some of the lurkers here know some of what is going on, looking to see if anyone has said anything of any importance. May not be the police or lawyers, but possibly friends or relatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hirundo